3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   June 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/317529-june-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

ciecie 06-05-2019 07:02 AM

good morning! zallie, congrats on the new low! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. :D

Diana3271 06-05-2019 08:12 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Last night: Full Body Stretch & few stretches from Dr.
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + :coffee:
Weigh In on Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 5

1 Peter 1:13
Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Fighters have to prepare for their bouts in every way possible. They train for a long time, working toward physical perfection. They eat properly, they rest regularly, they follow the instruction of their trainers closely, and they psych themselves up. Psyching entails a preparation of the mind that equals the preparation of the body. Dieters need that kind of mental preparation. As the Scrip-ture says, we must 'gird up the loins' of our minds. We are fighters against fatness, and the only way we can hope to be victorious is to prepare ourselves completely, day by day, in body, spirit, and mind.

Today's thought: I'm ready for a good fight against fat!

ciecie 06-05-2019 09:06 AM

good morning! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. :D

grannynancy 06-05-2019 10:06 AM

Good Morning 135.4 so the water weight is coming off from this weekend but I have some work today to hit my 134 target. Part of my strategy today is reminding myself that thirst often manifests in hunger. Today is planned and I am eating breakfast. DD2 is coming up tonight for an overnight. She is actually coming up to get a massage from DD1 tomorrow so we are just a rooming house ...Still not addressing any frustrations from last visit until that PhD is clenched in her fist.

Probably no kayak weekend this time but I have dog training on Saturday [no fun - expecting rain - and lots of it over the weekend. They are saying 3-4" after almost a month with no rain. So the ground will be dry with runoff and flooding potential.Work is crazy :(. They spend so much time reorging everything nobody knows who what is coming or going. I am so ready to retire....

This thread has been sitting so long I need to post it and come back for personals.

Rachel - how are the transfers going? We bought a device NOT covered by medicare for my mom called a SIT TO STAND lift that was an absolute Godsend. She could with assistance stand up (it had a strap) and then we could move her to her chair etc.

Jules - you have permission to be a human. I think when you get derailed you just need to get back on plan instead of overcompensating.

Nancy - Well I got over the indignation concerning the "unfairess" of the pee situation by the age of 7 or8 (having all boy cousins I was witness to their peeing contests) and have made peace with squatting in the woods. The problem with the kayak is I am wearing sandals and that leaves you more vulnerable to snakes and CHIGGERS as it really takes permetrhin on the clothing to hold those beasts at bay and that does not work out so well on the water.....So....being able to do the deed from the boat would be helpful. Also on the lakes a lot of homes so often not a good plac hide. So looks like I will play with a new skill. With my short hair people are going to wonder............

Zallie - glad you were able to walk without a limp!

Jendiet - I will let you know if I find a womens' hiking group for the Upsate. DH is just not keeping up with the walking and I REALLY want to get out on some waterfall hikes this fall!

ciecie 06-05-2019 10:35 AM

good morning! went for a brief power walk and ran errands. had to cut my power walk short as it started to rain. :D

nancylmrn 06-05-2019 10:36 AM

Good morning to all!
Offical WI 154.8, so the water weight dropped off but still up from 3 weeks ago by .2.....I will take it ---for now----
W/O I pulled a muscle along my left hipbone yesterday I think, it was a bit sore then but this moring on the treadmill by the 10 min mark I knew I would have to stop so I made it 15 min, then I did my strength training which was another challenge but not so hard on the sore muscle. I am going to have to lay off the cardio for now. Even walking is painful.
Yesterdays point total was higher than I would have liked but they were healthy (almost/sorta/well you know) so 24 points eaten but had my 7 activity points I could pull from.

granny I lived 16 years in AR and am very familiar with ticks, chiggers, snakes, june bugs, fire ants....sheesh it is a long list and do not miss any of them in WA LOL. I have heard that Avon skin so soft is good to reple ticks and chiggers...(my ex worked for the forestry commisson) and I just read that putting chapstick on a tick will kill it don't know if that one is true but may work for chiggers. Just some food for thought (pun intended)

waving to everyone, going to be a nice (cool) day here with some possible rain and high's in the upper 60's

grannynancy 06-05-2019 11:44 AM

Nancy - yay for the drop - hoping for continued. The ONLY thing I have found for the chiggers and tick these daas is saturating your clothes with permethrin and letting it dry. I have had two teammates come down with tick borne fevrs. One was RMSP the other they got her on antibiotics before the test could detect the species but she did have a high fever. And you don't get ONE chigger bite you get them in the 50s to 100s at a time. I have had to take steroids due to chiggers so I avoid them big time. Actually they do not embed as people think. The irritation is from the chemicals left behind after they feed. I ALWAYS immetely also peel off clothing after being in the woods, wash in hot, and take a hot soapy shower.

jendiet 06-05-2019 11:51 AM

Rachel, omg, I would be concerned about why he all of a sudden got so weak? Cracked his pelvis, ouch. I pray complete healing and recovery of mobility in Jesus name. Thank God he's not bedridden.

ciecie, I'm glad you had a good visit with your dad

Jules, that is exactly the same cycle that I struggle with. We are here to encourage one another.

Zallie, you did great on your calories.

Granny, thank you for understanding. It means so much. I got to tell you something amazing that happened when I was younger. I didn't have a phone. I lived in transitional housing. I lived an hour and half away from my parents. I had a small negative balance at my bank. I went to my bank, and deposited my paycheck to bring my account back in good standing. I got a receipt from the bank and packed up my kid and I and left to go to my parents for Christmas. I went and bought over $300 Christmas presents at different stores using checks in their town.

I got back home and went on my merry way. About one week later, I was at the main office of transitional housing and I got a phone call because I did not have a home phone and it was a collector stating I had used checks from a closed bank account to pay for merchandise. I was really upset about this allegation and told them I didn't think it was correct. The person then told me "well, go ahead and contact your bank and then call us back, but be careful because if you went to Walmart they will not call you and you could end up with a warrant." I thought that was strange the person would warn me about a warrant, but I got off the phone and my next call was to my bank. The bank verified they had closed my account right before Christmas, but I had the RECEIPT that stated my account was open and on good standing before I wrote the checks. My next call, THANK GOD, was to the clerk of courts in Oklahoma City. I called and asked if I somehow had a warrant for my arrest due to a check. The clerk of court promptly transferred me to the DA OFFICE. He answered the phone and I quickly told him about the situation and he said "Ms. Johnson, you will never believe this but I have the warrant in my hand and I was just about to sign it concerning your fraudulent checks"

He was amazed that I called at that moment and that it was a bill collector from another merchant that tipped me off about Walmart. (I know God is always on time, so I was also amazed and thankful).

He made a deal with me to bring the check amounts to his office and some small fee and he would not sign the warrant.
​​​
I also went to my bank and brought all my receipts and they agreed to settle with all the merchants because it was their mistake and they too were amazed at how I found out what had happened.

To think of the mess I avoided. I could have been arrested and no one to come get my son, he would have been taken into custody...and God used the perfect timing of a debt collector phone call (I went infrequently to the office to check my mail) to.stop the whole thing.

Nancy, I really think days like that are good for your metabolism and research supports it.

Diana, so glad you are sleeping better!!

OK so I went out to eat and I logged everything as I ate it. So I had 1521 calories including 1 green tea ice last night..

I did OMAD and didn't cheat or binge. Woke up to 184.6 after pf. I apparently did ovulate, so expect the gains that usually brings...just hoping to stay below 185...somehow...

supposed to have good chance for rain, hope so because we HAVE HAY growing in our back yard in some spots. We still have some green grass but some plugs are just dried up straws...

JulesMarion 06-05-2019 01:26 PM

I have a hard time allowing myself to be human grannynancy. I struggle with perfectionistic tendencies and have to let that go. Yesterday was a good day, but I allowed the stress of hosting a lifegroup lead me to binge in the evening. Not terribly, I’m back at it today. I have the good habit of getting back on track, so I will celebrate that and have a good day.

ciecie 06-05-2019 04:28 PM

good afternoon! took the bus to a neighboring community to power walk and run errands there. will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes. :D

Diana3271 06-05-2019 09:14 PM

Update: Ms. Connie had a treatment today. Her liver enzymes/labs must be good or they would not have allowed the treatment. I saw her yesterday and she looked really good. She has gained a bit more weight. One more treatment to go. Some of us at church have been getting to church an hour early on Wednesday to have a special prayer time before our normal service. We have been praying for Ms. Connie, as well as our church family, our nation, leaders, etc. It has also been a nice bonding time for us.

Diana3271 06-05-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesMarion (Post 5390173)
I have a hard time allowing myself to be human grannynancy. I struggle with perfectionistic tendencies and have to let that go. Yesterday was a good day, but I allowed the stress of hosting a lifegroup lead me to binge in the evening. Not terribly, I’m back at it today. I have the good habit of getting back on track, so I will celebrate that and have a good day.

:hug: I struggle with that,too. With my upbringing, there was no room for not doing things right, mistakes, etc. I try to do things correctly, perfectly, and of course we're not perfect and fall short. It is something that we need to let go. :hug:

Diana3271 06-05-2019 09:21 PM

Continuing talk of the chiggers/red bugs/ticks, etc. If there is a bug out there, it will attack my DH. Every weekend, when he comes home from the farm we have to check him for ticks. He always has red bug bites out the wazoo! A couple years ago he was diagnosed with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. We have already found 4 or 5 ticks on him this year. Gives me the creeps just thinking about them.

Diana3271 06-05-2019 09:24 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Total Approx 1515 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 400 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS Get Strong Stepping Strength w/5's

Have a Blessed evening!

ciecie 06-05-2019 09:34 PM

diana, so glad ms. connie was able to have her treatment and that she's gaining weight. I went for a power walk after supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained. :D