Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-09-2017, 07:09 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning - 212.8 bounce up. Can't really be unhappy about that. Still on track for somewhere between 3 and 4 lbs this week.

Yesterday - veered off a little. Snow and SILs graduation had us getting back a bit later than we had hoped so we stopped at a barbecue place along the way and I followed the "one plate rule" and also it was too much to eat so DH ate a portion of my meat. We opted to not get the bread and I had Barbecue with mustard sauce, baked beans and coleslaw. It was very good. They had no other veggie choices [other than french fries and onion rings LOL] so all in all I think I made decent choices. My taste buds have adjusted though as I could tell there was too much sugar in the coleslaw. One thing I am proud about is sometimes I allow myself a square of dark chocolate [shhhh, not allowed on my plan] and I really wanted one but I logged my calories first and decided I had already gone over and did not eat it.

Yesterday: Calories 1322, Protein-65, Net carbs-130, Fat-58, Omega Ratio-3.8, Steps 13,363, Yoga 25

Today is a day at home and when it gets warmer, hauling some stuff off to the landfill. Walking will have to be later in the day - there is still some slush on the ground. Guess I will need to also wear my boots to keep my feet dry. While I am typing my stomach is quite angry and growling but this new approach has me learning to ignore that gnawing feeling and think of it as fat being burned, not hunger . Today I am making beet and carrot slaw to go with, of all things, pork chops. It is made with just a bit of sugar and EVOO as the fat. It has a 5 star rating so we will see....I am trying to learn to embrace beets since they are so full of nutrition.

Today: Calories-1201, Protein-66, Net Carbs-96, Fat-55, Omega Ratio-5.8, Steps 12,000, Yoga 15

Qtkitty - glad to see you back on the downward path

Nancy-I admire you for your tenacity and hope the doctor has good answers for you.

Novangel-We watched Stranger Things last year and decided we would have to rewatch season 1 to understand season 2. It is quite complex and creepy is a good word.

Princessroja-Sleep, I have learned this time, is probably about the most critical element for weight loss. It is during sleep when all the fat burning actually occurs. That is consistent with my doctor who told me to take my fish oil at night because that was when all that stuff goes on.

Nice article on sleep and weight loss / I have actually observed more weight loss when I get (for me) at least 4-5 hours of (per my fitness device) DEEP sleep. with 7-8 hours of total sleep. Most people get a lot less deep sleep than I do but I guess that is just how I roll. Always been a heavy sleeper.

https://www.webmd.com/diet/sleep-and-weight-loss#2

Last edited by grannynancy; 12-09-2017 at 07:21 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:11 AM   #92  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today, our ladies church group is going out to lunch for our Christmas "party". Then we are going over to an Assisted Living Facility to distribute Christmas bags (gifts). Then we will sing Christmas carols for them. Not sure about a workout, but will try to do something.

Next week I will do my thyroid labs and will go in for results the following week.

Last night I did a full body stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 185.6 <--4th day at this same weight
No Change

Have a Blessed day

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

December 9

Acts 2:21
'And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'

Barbara was so thankful. She had come so far, but lately the stress had been overwhelming. When she was under stress, she liked to eat. She was so afraid of blowing her diet that it just added to the stress. She was nervous and on edge all the time. One evening, while she had some time alone, she settled down to read her Bible and pray. It was one of the most peaceful experiences she had had in weeks. She felt renewed and strengthened by the experience; so much so that she made it a nightly routine. It got her through the stress, and it kept her on her diet. By God's graces he triumphed.

Today's thought: I admit I need help, but it's good to know that God offers all the help I can handle!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:16 AM   #93  

good morning! I will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:45 AM   #94  

Well, getting ready to head out and walk in the falling snow. Brrrrr. I do not want to do this. Already did my yoga.

Done. 4 miles. That killed 9847 steps. Still need to walk 2200 more.

Last edited by grannynancy; 12-09-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:49 AM   #95  

will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #96  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to everyone

WI down a bit 166 even
WO will be a busy day just doing errands, tomorrow I am attending a rock hiding party at nearby park, it is kinda a Christmas give away with some great artist. They will be collecting food for our church and giving out hot chocolate.

Granny
you amaze me on the continued loss

QtKitty you are doing great!

Diana thank you for the insight with msg, I am going to start asking more questions I think when we go out
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:39 AM   #97  

just got back from power walking and running an errand. will go for another power walk in a few minutes.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:30 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

I forgot to weigh this morning... Now I have had my coffee and breakfast, so pointless to try now.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:46 PM   #99  

power walked to and home from lunch. ran errands both ways. will power walk to church tonight and home afterward. will run an errand on the way home.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:57 PM   #100  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

After going with my church group, my friend and I went to the the outdoor mall. They were having horse drawn carriage rides under their Christmas lights. I enjoy doing this every year. It is beautiful. We did a bit of walking at the mall too. But afterward she wanted ice cream. I had the ice cream but had it in place of dinner.

Total Approx 1310 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (550 calories)
grilled pork chop 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 150 calories

Dinner (500 calories)

ice cream in a cup 500 calories (guesstimate)

Exercise
No workout to report. The Christmas luncheon and visit to the Assisted Living facility took longer than I anticipated. I became very emotional while we were singing Christmas carols and literally cried the entire time. It's a small place with only about 25 people. Several people very overjoyed to see us. They sang out loud and requested songs. It was a very moving day for me. Beside their gift bags with goodies we had small blankets/throws for each of them. They were rolled up, all different colors and had a variety of ribbons on them. They were all excited to be able to pick out which color throw they wanted. Something so little was a big thing for them. When I was home and started to drive, I volunteered at a similar place in town.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-09-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:25 PM   #101  

Diana, I've had to have ice cream in place of lunch two or three times this past summer. I entered small soft serve in myfitnesspal. I power walked to and home from church tonight. ran an errand on the way home. just finished watching mary poppins on tv. will be headed to bed in a few minutes.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:46 AM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Ciecie We definitely didn't have a small soft serve. It was good.

No workout yesterday and I ate ice cream for dinner . . . and I lose weight. Go figure.

Nothing for last night
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1310 +
Weigh In: 184.6
Down: .6

Have a Blessed day

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

December 10

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Joan's doctor had told her to make a list of what was really important to her. Her husband and children headed the list. Her health was next, then her pets. She also wrote down her mother's ring and some furniture that her father had made when he was a young man. Her doctor asked her if she wanted to lose all that was on the list, and she told him 'Of course not!' He told her that she had to lose weight or she wouldn't be around long to enjoy the things she truly loved. If those things were really more important to her than food, then she was going to have to prove it. She asked God for help and then set her mind toward losing weight.

Today's thought: Compared to the truly important things in life, food is pretty pathetic!

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-10-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:01 AM   #103  

Good Morning 213.2 another bounce up

My belly is sore from a lot of abs and I can feel some fluid build up.
Our bodies remind us this is a roller coaster and not a free fall.

Yesterday - I had a great day foodwise but a TON of fiber. Breakfast was potatoes with peppers onions and cheese, Lunch was pork chops with beet and carrot slaw (that was wonderful!), and dinner was home made hot and sour soup - not so high on the sodium but this time we added finely chopped bok choy. It has fresh ginger, bok choy, carrots, onions, tofu, vegetable broth, hot sauce, and vinegar. ...anyway.....I think when I clear all this vegetable matter I will be better. Need to remember to drink much water today (so it may make for another bounce up tomorrow). I also ate a small, 60 calorie peice of dark chocolate but I walked an extra mile to make up for it.

Yesterday
Calories 1261, protein 67, net carbs 99, fat 60, Omega ratio 5.8, Steps 15,905, Yoga 25 minutes

Goals for today.
Calories 1028, protein 58, net carbs 98, fat 42, Omega ratio 3.1, Steps 10,000, Yoga 15 minutes

Nancy - The rock thing is so neat
Diana - I bet it was beautiful - Charleston, right?
Old 12-10-2017, 08:20 AM   #104  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #105  
Warrior Princess

I ran a 5k yesterday and minimal weights since I'm still sore. Today is a rest day and then back at it Monday.

Off to work soon. I don't want to go, it's so cold outside.

Last edited by novangel; 12-10-2017 at 09:34 AM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote