Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up February 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-29-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:41 PM   #2  

Hi Everyone! Thank-you Diana for starting the new thread and keeping the good energy flowing.

Today I felt very full when I woke up and the feeling stayed all day--musta been the baguette. It was pretty easy to stay on plan.
WI was up 1.8 lbs-- musta been the baguette Todays cals 1410

Thank-you all for the nice comments re my pre-baguette whoosh--I WILL re-earn them

B omelet with cabbage, almond milk/coffee
L salad with chicken, tofu, 0-cal balsamic dressing
S protein bar
D turkey chili
S homemade veggie soup

Last edited by Sundove; 01-28-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:34 AM   #3  

Diana, thanks for the new page. Thanks for tending to this awesome community thread. YOU ROCK!! I hope you are feeling better today

Sundove all those pre-baguette good words from people were well earned. slips happen. But they do not negate the good work we did before the slip. 3 steps forward, 2 steps back will still get you to goal.

Novangel Really interesting how the baking soda helps you so much. And it doesn't do so much for me. For me it is the marshmallow root and slippery elm root powders that zap that acid. I think maybe it depends on different root causes??

I think I am still doing emotional eating from my trip to Boston. Chiropractor told me today that she will not let me go back to Boston again. Said she will write a note ( from my doctor) stating I cannot go
Am realizing I may not get back on track until after my doctor appointment next week.

I hope everyone had a better food day than I.
wishing everyone a good Friday.

Last edited by flower123; 01-29-2016 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:31 AM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Flower I used to use a product(s) that contained the marshmallow and slippery elm, too. That was some interesting stuff to get mixed up.

Sundove Ah, those baguettes. I obviously have a thing for bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits.

Are we all ready for a weekend? You know I am.

No stretch for last night or Oxycise this morning. Today is my early day.

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 1500 + :coffee (TTOM)
No Change

At least I didn't have a second day gain. That happens all too often. Gotta look at the positive and move forward.

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old 01-29-2016, 07:26 AM   #5  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, teleworking today, so later post, 180.7 thanks to TTOM, erg, probably the reason for the pimple, I guess.

Thank you Diana for the new thread, hard to believe February is right around the corner. We're supposed to get a little warm up, that'll be nice.

Taking it easy today, feeling a little tender, ok, off to get my coffee and get to work.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 01-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'6"

Thank you for all the encouragement, as I did have a drop this morning of 1 1/2 lbs!
Just need to keep it going.
OH cooked a fabulous lasagne last night, so that will not help, and tonight is my friends leaving do with champagne all round so I need to make good choices the rest of the weekend!
I am taking him to watch the rugby on Saturday so I hope it will cold but dry and I can burn off extra calories cheering for our team

flower123 - hope your food day gets on track
Sundove, - I love bagettes but I dont think they give me a lasting fullness feeling!
Diana - thank you for starting another great thread
Old 01-29-2016, 09:41 AM   #7  

flower123 Thank-you I think you are smart to accept that it might take a little time to heal from the visit---these things are never on our desired schedule. I think you will deal with the weight/calories when you are ready, and I hope meanwhile you aren't too stressed about it.

That's amazing that you did some work with Thich Nhat Hanh. His words are both gentle & powerful. I have some audio books, but am finding that his writing speaks to me more. I like his metaphor of keeping our wounded inner child with all those painful feelings locked in the basement to avoid re-experiencing the pain--and that causes us to suffer. When I think of this re eating, it seems I am shoveling food down the stairs instead of the care & love, acknowledgement, etc, that the child needs. I am not wording this as eloquently as he does, but the metaphor is making me a little more aware of my impulses to eat, ie, is food what I really want. Not restricting, though.

Volatis Congrats on the drop! Good luck this wknd--I like your cheering plan. Re baguettes, it might have been all the veggies I ate, but I felt stuffed the next day after the baguette. It might have been the 2 cups of cabbage I had at breakfast tho, lol!

Diana Oh how I could dive into those bacon cheese egg biscuits, too! I'm not especially a baguette girl, but for some reason when I am trolling the food bar at this nice health grocery store, they call out to me. I used to avoid going at times when the baguettes are even present. They are just the right texture and baked with a cheesy crust--fast finger food with salt, fat, carb.

Last edited by Sundove; 01-29-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:41 PM   #8  
Andando...

I was doing so well yesterday, and then I got sad (blame the husband). I binged on chocolates and I ate them SO fast I got nauseous (thankfully or I would have kept going...).

I am still feeling down and my mind is full of negative thoughts. Hopefully I can manage to stay on track today. Stayed in bed until 1 pm so maybe that's why I didn't see a gain today. 212.5 today
Old 01-29-2016, 10:46 PM   #9  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone ever sponsored a child from another country through Compassion, etc?

Kelijpa I hope you are feeling OK today. I have been taking Advil the last couple of days for my TTOM. I mentioned before that I don't like taking it but have decided it's better than feeling so bad.

Volatis Enjoy the champagne and get together.

Sundove Well, now the cheese makes all the difference. Cheese, chocolate and bacon makes everything just perfect.

DayDreamer I'm sorry yesterday was rough. I hope today was a better day.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 01-29-2016, 10:48 PM   #10  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's Ranch

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-29-2016 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Hello Everyone! No personals today as I have been extremely busy! Screwed up big time today. Once again I screw up when I hit a low. Yesterday morning was 134.0, the day before was 133.4. Screwed up and binged on some world's famous chocolate candy bars! BLAH! So back at it full force tomorrow! I will not give in to these mess up days. Only a few more months until I hit my 1 year of my lifestyle change. I will not screw this up.

NSV: I fit into a size 4 khaki pants at Aeropostle and size 6 jeans! I am beyond excited!

Weigh in today: 134.0
Exercise: 30 - 45 minutes of extra walking
Calories: TOO many! I'm thinking 1900-2000. Time to move on!

Hope everyone has a great night!
Goal Weight for the end of February - 129.8
Old 01-29-2016, 11:04 PM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

Nicholsfamily You are doing great! Hang in there. Those days happen.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-29-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I don't have much time to check in, so no personals, and this will be quick.

W 208.9 today (down .6 lbs from yesterday. down 15.1 lbs since I started eating healthier meals at the beginning of Jan!)

I have been having this feeling of wanting to eat everything, but I'll try my best this weekend.

Hoping everyone has a good weekend! Thank you Diana for making this new thread!
Old 01-30-2016, 12:30 AM   #14  

That's fantastic upandaway42!!!
Old 01-30-2016, 02:06 AM   #15  

Hi everyone
Upandaway what great news. Down 15 lbs since beginning of January. WTG! RE: wanting to eat everything, yes, all you can do is try your best.

Nicholsfamily
I must say that your losses exceed the gains. You are meeting your monthly goals. So I wonder if you are really "screwing up". Jan. Monthly goal has been reached. Having said that, I have grappled with a lot of fear around gaining and eating fattening foods. WTG re the pants and jeans. Proof you've come so far.

Diana, good job staying on plan today. I have not sponsored a child from another country. Or from this one, for that matter. You wrote
Quote:
Cheese, chocolate and bacon makes everything just perfect
I agree. But would add in good crusty bread and some wine. This is my idea of nirvana. Yes the Slippery Elm and Marshmallow, they are best put in a jar with water and shaken. Then just chug it fast

DayDreamer I am so sorry your negative thoughts about yourself were triggered. That can be so difficult to deal with.

SunDove yes, re: Thich Nhat Hanh. I too have read his words on pushing away the hurt which only causes suffering. That when we push it down it does not ever go away. Some people like a man named Matt Kahn who talks about the importance of healing the child. Although he can be quite metaphysical in his orientation. Good for some. Not so good for others who are not metaphysical in their orientation. There are tons of youtube videos of him talking. Even about the inner child.

Volatis major contrats on the 1 1/2 lb loss. WTG!!!

Kelijpa
Sorry TTOM showed up with bloat and pimple. I hope they are quickly banished.

Today, not so great re: calories. But better than yesterday. I will have to get serious after next Tuesday. This weekend will be going to Costco
I hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Last edited by flower123; 01-30-2016 at 02:07 AM.
Closed Thread