Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #76  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

For some reason I was unable to post as it kept saying I had a link... so, I'll try later. GOOD JOB everyone - more later
Old 02-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana88daisy View Post
Hi Everyone..
My name is Dana, I am from Northern Michigan and super excited to once and for all be losing these pounds that have been chasing me for the better part of 7 years!!!! I met my husband in 2004 and weighed anywhere from 117 to 140 ...UNTIL about 2008/2009 .....I packed on so much weight in nursing school it was unreal.....but even those numbers were much better than where I started last week.... 215pounds!!! If someone had of told me I would see that number on the scale one day, I would have laughed at them....

I have tried every diet out there....and can't even imagine how much money I've spent, only to see the scale continue to climb and my life to feel like its slipping away from me. I AM READY!!! more than ever...

I started 100% POP on Atkins January 29th 2016 (as this is the ONLY thing that has ever really worked for me before) I cannot believe it, but I have already dropped 10 pounds!!!! TEN POUNDS!!!

I don't want to tire everyone with my rambling, I am just so excited. and I'm a talker by nature lol.....

I am anxious for the daily check in's ....that is what really keeps me going...hoping to make some friends along the way.

Keep on keeping on !!!

Dana Rae
Welcome dana88daisy I have been following Atkins Induction, the original 1972 version for 290 days now. I have lost 83 pounds and I feel great mentally and physically. The secret for me was:

1. No cheats ever no matter what.
2. Eat only from the list of induction foods in the book and NOTHING ELSE.
3. I have not gone over 5 grams of total carbs in any of those 290 days. Atkins allows up to 20 grams but that did not work for me.
4. I had to learn to drastically increase the fat in my diet. This was not easy after 60 years of low fat low calorie mentality.
5. Eat only when "physically hungry" Stop when you are full.
6. Portion control and calories are not as important in the beginning as limiting your carbs.
7. Carbohydrates are from plant material that grows and anything made from plant material.
8. I eliminated caffeine from my diet. Atkins allows up to 2 cups of coffee with caffeine a day but i decided to just eliminate it.
9. Powdered sweeteners such as Sweet n Low contain carbs, be sure to count them. I use carb free liquid sweeteners.
10. Weigh and/or measure everything. I found that I was lousy at estimating/
12. This needs to be repeated. " No cheats ever no matter what." Atkins says that as little as one teaspoon of potato salad can totally stop your weight loss. My Birthday, my wife's birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, funeral dinners, and on and on. I have experienced all of these and never went off my eating plan.
It is easy to know if you are doing this correctly. after a couple of weeks your physical hunger will magically disappear and you will realize that you feel really good.

You can do this if this 71 year young life long yo yo dieter can then YOU CAN ALSO.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:10 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 183/177.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Welcome dana88daisy I have been following Atkins Induction, the original 1972 version for 290 days now. I have lost 83 pounds and I feel great mentally and physically. The secret for me was:

1. No cheats ever no matter what.
2. Eat only from the list of induction foods in the book and NOTHING ELSE.
3. I have not gone over 5 grams of total carbs in any of those 290 days. Atkins allows up to 20 grams but that did not work for me.
4. I had to learn to drastically increase the fat in my diet. This was not easy after 60 years of low fat low calorie mentality.
5. Eat only when "physically hungry" Stop when you are full.
6. Portion control and calories are not as important in the beginning as limiting your carbs.
7. Carbohydrates are from plant material that grows and anything made from plant material.
8. I eliminated caffeine from my diet. Atkins allows up to 2 cups of coffee with caffeine a day but i decided to just eliminate it.
9. Powdered sweeteners such as Sweet n Low contain carbs, be sure to count them. I use carb free liquid sweeteners.
10. Weigh and/or measure everything. I found that I was lousy at estimating/
12. This needs to be repeated. " No cheats ever no matter what." Atkins says that as little as one teaspoon of potato salad can totally stop your weight loss. My Birthday, my wife's birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, funeral dinners, and on and on. I have experienced all of these and never went off my eating plan.
It is easy to know if you are doing this correctly. after a couple of weeks your physical hunger will magically disappear and you will realize that you feel really good.

You can do this if this 71 year young life long yo yo dieter can then YOU CAN ALSO.
Wow! congratulations Larry - that's amazing. Carbs ARE evil for sure.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:40 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Flower: Welcome back!! I hope getting started back isn’t too hard on you. I’ve noticed once you get past the first few days it’s not that bad..but the first 2 or 3 days are pretty rough on me.

kelijpa: Hiked 5 miles? Dang The park sounds awesome! I sure am ready for the spring so I can walk at a park again lol.

Diana: Yay for being down and being back to your ticker weight!

Angie: Congrats being down another pound.

UberGinger: Welcome!

Sundove: I completely agree! Fighting the food monster during the winter months is so much harder than fighting it during the summer months! That’s why I’ve been praying for summer to hurry and get here!

Hello everyone else!

Weigh in: 135.2
Calories: 1230-1250
Exercise: Hoping to get a mile in. I can’t WAIT for summer so I can walk on my lunch again! It’s so much better than walking on the tredmill…

Today is Day 3 with no screw ups…come April it will have been a year since I’ve been doing this lifestyle change. 1 year with 0 cokes also. AMAZING…considering the addict I am when it comes to cokes. Like Larry…and him not having cheat days..I am can have a cheat day..but can’t have a cheat day that involves cokes because then that ruins everything! We have a busy night tonight full of extra circular activities. I am really crossing my fingers that I can get involved on my daughter’s softball team in the next few months…I am on the board and am thinking about being a assistant coach..we will see though.. I feel it will be some good exercise!
Old 02-03-2016, 06:27 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 215.5/203/135

Height: 5'4

Hey Losers !!! (Ha ha that's funny!)

Thank you Diana for the warm welcome. I am definitely happy to be part of a group of supporters You are an inspiration.

Angie - Hi...weather sounds inviting. Yesterday, I drove to work and saw the most beautiful sunrise I've seen in forever, but on the way home that evening it was a complete white out - (That's Michigan for ya!)

Sundove - Thank you for being so welcoming! Looking forward to getting to know all here.

Larry!!!! YOU are awesome! Thank you for all of that info. I will NOT cheat!!! However, I do know that to stick with Atkins, I have to follow the plan that came after the 70's one. I love the freedom I have with this plan and for that reason alone, I know I will stick with it and stay on plan! I admire you for being able to do what you've done, and I sure appreciate all the info you shared!!! I cannot believe I have dropped 10 pounds already! I know it will slow down here shortly and those are going to be the REAL TEST days for me....I'm cruising along right now on cloud 9.......I have to change my thinking to the BIG PICTURE and not just focus on what I want RIGHT NOW!!!!

I have not even come close to cheating.....and I refuse to give up my better life for some piece of food that will keep me from getting there!

Let's do this....No more regrets

Dana Rae
Old 02-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #81  

my exercise goal was attained. breakfast: 1 egg scrambled, 1 c. ff milk, 1/2 c. grape juice, and 1 banana. lunch: 1 special k meal replacement bar, cottage cheese. snacks: 1 Hershey's special dark bar, greek yogurt and 1/2 c. apple sauce. dinner: 1 grilled chicken salad with blue cheese dressing with the side of celery and carrot sticks that my dad didn't want.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:22 PM   #82  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Whew, long day. Not over yet.

Thanks for all the welcome backs, guys!

B- power bar
L- peanut butter sandwich and clementines
D- beans, peas, carrots and smoked chicken
S- an apple and a cup of veggie soup
Old 02-03-2016, 08:33 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Good evening. This will be quick. I've been stuck at 210.0 for the last 3 days after dropping to 207. I'm sure it's hormonal. Because I also want to eat everything when I'm not hungry.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll be back tomorrow to do personals.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:59 PM   #84  

Upandaway I'm liking the philosophical tone of your post! Wishing you a speedy transition through it--especially the hungries!

UberGinger Welcome!

Nicholsfamily Yowza, that sounds like a lot of fun for you to coach--I think you would be a great coach because you know a lot about determination & eyes on the prize. Congrats on your success since April--I wonder if it feels like a long time to you?

I've had a good day so far. I took Aleve to avoid the carb withdrawal headache as I get into ketosis. Calories 1060, carbs ~ 40.
B cabbage omelet, protein shake in coffee
L protein chips, homemade veg soup
S protein shake in coffee
D salad with crunchy vegs, a lot of chicken breast, evoo, 0-cal 1000 Island
S sweet peppers, protein bar
Old 02-03-2016, 09:35 PM   #85  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, I'm going to try this again... This morning I said
"Good Morning Chickadees ... but now it's Good Evening!"

LARRY - thank you for your kind words of ENCOURAGEMENT ... NEVER give up! (I see you've posted more steps since this AM ... so I will be copying and pasting those into my journal also -- YOU ROCK)

Debest - thanks for posting your menu --- it's always nice to read what people eat -- it give me ideas to use Great job getting back on the journey of your plan.

Flower123 - Celebrating with the 2 C's (chocolate and cheese) ... Now you're ready to get back on the plan of hugging yourself with your plan ... you can do it -- You are a WINNER!!

kelijpa - How AWESOME that you do a 5 mile hike this time of year ... ENJOY your day ...

Diana3271 - How did you find the Jane Fonda workout? Is it gentle? I need to do something ... but I have to start sloooowww...

ciecie - GREAT JOB!!

Angie girl - WEIGH TO GO!! Thanks for the hint re: planning my shopping... I have to say I'm feeling a little anxious Two more days until I see the nurse/coach ... I feeling excited too

:welcome" UberGinger - keep up the good work. Check out LARRY H's posts ... he is very inspirational. Regardless of the plan you use... it works if you work it... enjoy your walk today!

Sundover - Great job of putting that FOOD MONSTER in its place! Thanks for posting your menu too ... it helps give ideas (I thinkg that's about the hardest thing - especially when cooking for only one).

So ... another day - another carrot

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

That was my note this morning... since then I would like to add---

Hi Upandaway42 --- Hang in there this too shall pass ()
Welcome dana88daisy... Hi Penny & Nichols...

Thanks for being there ... it really helps!
LATER!

Last edited by BelovedWarrior; 02-03-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:12 PM   #86  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We just got home and it's almost time for bed. This will be a quick one for me.

BelovedWarrior The Jane Fonda workout was a stretch workout. I liked it but I realized (after doing it a few times now ) that it's only lower body stretches. Not much with the upper body. I probably won't do it often. I prefer a full body stretch.

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's Ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Train Like a Contender - combined workouts

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-03-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:37 PM   #87  

I just spent more than a half hour writing personals to everyone. Then when I copied and pasted to here, I lost it all. I do not know how it happened. But I cannot imagine doing it all again. It was a long one.

Just know you were written to. And I care.

Last edited by flower123; 02-03-2016 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:38 AM   #88  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, 181.4 this morning, legs are still a little sore from the hiking.

Hope all is well!

Diana

Best to all
Old 02-04-2016, 06:59 AM   #89  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

What I learned from January? I want to keep up the healthy eating and activity but I need a weekly rest day.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:00 AM   #90  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Nothing for last night or this morning.

My sinuses are feeling better, but not completely back to normal yet. So, I am continuing with the 1/2 dose of antihistamines. I have been waking with little itchy areas, the start of hives, but they clear up quickly. This morning I woke with significant swelling. My slippers are literally tight across the top of my foot. I didn't gain overnight, though. I'm hoping yesterday was the last day of the never ending TTOM.

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 166.8
No Change

Have a glorious day!
Closed Thread