Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 09:52 AM   #91  

will have a busy day here! breakfast: 1 c. total raisin bran, 1 c ff milk, 1 banana, and 1 c grape juice.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:01 AM   #92  
tet

S/C/G: 216.8/ticker/138

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new around here, but loving the support I see.

I just started a LC diet on 1/31. I don't intend to follow Atkins to the T, but I am very aware of what I'm putting in my body. I've tried LC in the past and always started craving around day 2 or 3. This time around, I've had no cravings at all.

I've also noticed I'm starting to lose inches (not a lot on the scale yet, but it's also that TOM).

I'm getting so excited because I realize this time around, LC might be sustainable for me as a lifestyle. In the past, I always wanted to lose weight for a specific purpose. This time around I'm just really ready to change for the sake of change, to become healthier, and to feel better about myself.

Seeing so many people that have taken this journey (whether still trying to lose or maintaining) is such an inspiration. I'm so glad I found this community.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet View Post
Hi everyone. I'm fairly new around here, but loving the support I see.

I just started a LC diet on 1/31. I don't intend to follow Atkins to the T, but I am very aware of what I'm putting in my body. I've tried LC in the past and always started craving around day 2 or 3. This time around, I've had no cravings at all.
Welcome tet. I have had a lot of success with Atkins since April. I would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Last night I was in Tampa for a Shriner's meeting. I got so many comments on my weight loss. It felt so good to be one of the winners in the battle to wrest control of our bodies back from the Carb Gremlins.

Mindless snacking has started to creep back into my life. It is all on plan food but is eaten when I am not hungry. I WILL conquer this.
My immediate game plan will be to drink extra water when the Snack Demons come out to play. This is probably a cheaper solution than getting a bank time lock installed on the refrigerator door.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #94  
tet

Thanks for the warm welcome, Larry. And nice to see another member of the Masonic family. :-)

I'm really surprised that I'm not having the carb cravings. It's always been a problem for me in the past. I'm thinking this time around it's more about my mental state of mind. Hoping I can keep at it. I do want this to be a lifestyle change for me.

I know that in time I will modify and gradually increase carbs. And I know I'll have my occassional adult beverage, but I will have to monitor closely once I do to make sure I don't backslide.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:02 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 233/222.4/160

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy

Hi Guys,

Today is not a great day. I woke up with the same headache and hip pain that I had yesterday. I have no idea what brought it on but because of it I wasn't able to go walking yesterday or this morning. I really hope I'm not coming down with anything. Needless to say cooking is the farthest thing from my mind right now.

Breakfast: 355 cals
6 Fishsticks baked with half the crust removed (158cals)
30gms crunchy bran cereal(105 cals) with 9 gms golden puffs cereal (36 cals) and 1/6 cup evap milk diluted (56 cals)

Lunch: 169 cals
1 boiled egg (70 cals) 2 envita crackers (56 cals) 1/2 Jamaican orange (43 cals)

Dinner will be: (303 cals roughly)
2 home made meatballs baked (158 cals) with 1/2 grapefruit (40 cals) and 1/2 toufayan oat bran pita (75cals) with 1 tsp parmesean cheese (10 cals), 2 tbs ketchup (13 cals) and 1/2 tsp pepper sauce ( 3 cals?)

Snacks: 351 cals
10 Roasted cashews (112 cals)
40gm crunchy bran (140 cals) with 1/6 cup evap milk diluted (56 cals)
1/2 jamaican orange (43 cals)

TOTAL CALS: 1178
Exercise: NIL

I really feel like just giving up with this pain today
Don't think the scale will move this week.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:41 PM   #96  

welcome to the group tet!
Old 02-04-2016, 08:34 PM   #97  

Good evening Everyone!
Feeling the withdrawal from calories and carbs so this will be short.
B cabbage omelet, protein shake in coffee
L protein chips, sweet red peppers, homemade veg soup
S protein shake in coffee
D salad with chicken, 0-cal 1000 Island dressing, roasted cabbage
S protein bar
Another week flew by!

Last edited by Sundove; 02-04-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:56 PM   #98  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Hello everyone... I'm getting prepped in the house. I've cleaned out the pantry and the frig is ready to have items relocated... tomorrow I will tackle the freezer. I talked with a friend today and she and her hubby will take all my old goodies and give them a brand new home Tomorrow... is the beginning of a NEW BOOK ... Chapter 1

Diana - Thanks re: the video -- I looked on YOUTUBE and there are several of Jane Fonda's yoga/stretch videos. Love the price (free).

tet - Life Style change sounds great! That's what I'm heading for also... we can succeed together

Larry - "bank time lock" FUNNY!! Thanks for sharing your struggles... it is very helpful!

debest - OUCH!! I am sorry you are hurting... I'm not sure what plan/program you are following ... but as Larry suggested about his cravings and what a lot of folks post is to "make sure you are getting your water" another thing people mention is "calcium/magnesium" ... I'm not sure if it works... just passing on what I've read (I've been reading A LOT of 3FC in preparation). I hope you feel better tomorrow

Sundove - Great job! Keep up the hard work... it will pay off!

OKY DOKY all... ENJOY your evening. I will connect tomorrow after my BIG DAY!
Old 02-04-2016, 10:06 PM   #99  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

tet Hi and welcome to the check-in.

We had phone problems at the shop today. The AT & T guy was in the office most of the afternoon so I couldn't workout. The tech stayed late to get our phones up and running, so we ended up leaving work late. We actually just got home since we ate on the way home. This will be another quick one for me.

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's Ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
None

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening and rest well.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:44 PM   #100  

burned a lot of calories today. got 22,535 steps in. 12,874 of them are aerobic steps.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:22 PM   #101  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I'm checking in to see how everyone is doing and loving all the enthusiasm!

Clearly I have gotten myself back into a rut and feel it's time to give myself a timeout from the internets. It happens from time to time. I'll be back after a while!
Old 02-05-2016, 01:50 AM   #102  

Tet welcome. Glad you are here

Not feeling well today. Lower abdominal pain is a bit too much. Not sure whats going on. Possible its just IBS from all the dairy I was eating. And stress. Left a message with the naturoath. Hopefully she has a cancellation.

I read everyone's posts up to Thursday. Will catch up when I am feeling better. Still cant believe that I lost the long personals post I made late Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a great Friday
Old 02-05-2016, 08:01 AM   #103  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Nothing for last night or this morning. We have worked late most days so this week is catching up to me.

Any big weekend plans? Who is watching the Super Bowl? What about the Puppy Bowl? Kitten Bowl? Fish Bowl? Or maybe it's the snack bowl? DH will watch the Super Bowl. I bought him some snacks and hid everything from him so he wouldn't get into them early. We will grill burgers. I have a plan in place so hopefully I can keep to that. We are staying home so that makes it easier for me. It's more difficult when I am out with others at a party, etc.

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 165.6 (it looks like TTOM finally left the building - ah, the little things I celebrate )
Down: 1.2 pounds

I hope you have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old 02-05-2016, 08:02 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'6"

Hope everyone has had a good week.
My weight that shot up at the weekend has gradually come down again each day this week and am almost back to where I was last Friday. I dont know if it was TOTm so will be interesting to see if it does the same next month.

Gym again this morning and just did weight after a quick warm up. Porridge for breakfast and tune and salad for lunch.
Its the start of the Six nations rugby here this weekend which is a big sporting event so will be going out for an indian meal after watching England play. That will be my one treat for the weekend.

flower123 - sorry to hear you have pain, hope it clears up soon
Coolmom - hope to see you back soon!
ciecie - well done on being so active. Do you use a step counter like a fitbit?
Belovedwarrior - thats great that your friend will take your frozen food. I hate throwing food away too. Sounds like you are really motivated
debest - under 1200 calories is a low calories day so hopefully the scales will move a bit for you
tet and Uberginger - welcome
Diana - hope your swollen feet have settled down!
Old 02-05-2016, 08:52 AM   #105  
tet

Good morning, everyone!! Thanks for the warm welcome, Ciecie, Diana, Flower, and Volatis.

Still trying to figure out food choices so I don't feel too confined. Yesterday's choices included burger patties, green beans, cheese, baked chicken, and broccoli.

Hoping to get to the store later to pick up pork chops, steaks, and some fish. I still have eggs at home, but plan to pick up more. I want variety, but I don't want to start adding more carbs in yet (I just started this week). Still surprised I have not had any carb cravings at all this time around.

My official weigh-ins will be on sundays, but I did peek this morning and found I have lost 5.8 lbs as of this morning (Day 6). It's encouraging and I hope to continue seeing the numbers go down.

Last edited by tet; 02-05-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Closed Thread