Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 128/125/107

Height: 5"3'

Default Trying to lose 25 lbs

Hi All, I used to eat and drink in bulk at night, I gained a lot of weight and have tires around my waist. I am a vegetarian and started to take weight loss very seriously recently.

I eat a cup of chopped fruits in the morning and half piece of whole wheat bread with green tea (honey + lemon). I don't take juices, junk foods, sugar in any form except natural sugars from fruits and veggies.

I eat veg soup or lentils soup at lunch with 1 tsp olive oil and very little salt. In the evening around 5.30 or 6.00 I eat a slice of water melon. I keep drinking regular water through out the day. I sleep at 7.30, get up early and exercise for half an hour.

I am following this routine from 7 days, I have completely stopped taking alcohol.Once in a few days I drink 1/3 cup milk + very little sugar tea.

My question to all of you is with this routine how much time will it take to lose weight and tires around my waist. I don't have weighing machine so I haven't checked my weight yet. Thanks
piyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:14 PM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

Height: 5'6

I doubt you're eating enough. If you go to My Fitness Pal or a similar app, you can enter your weight loss goals and it will tell you how many calories you need to eat every day to lose weight in a healthy way.

If you eat too little, in addition to harming your body, you can actually stall your weight loss and that is counterproductive.
SPA411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:04 PM   #3  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

piyu you may benefit more from trying the military diet. They have a substitution list since you are a vegetarian. I agree with SPA411 you are definitely not eating enough. Since you don't have a scale at home. Maybe go to Walmart or Bed Bath and Beyond and get on one of their scales to give yourself an idea of what you may weigh. I would definitely go on some website to see what your calorie intake for weight loss should be after that. Good job on your workouts. Best of luck to you on your journey.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #4  

I had planned to eat this way just for a week or 15 days max to shed some of the weight fast after that I will start eating in a healthy way. I read somewhere that initially if I diet this way for few weeks and increase intake slowly and keep it healthy, I will lose weight fast. I am only 5" 3' tall so I don't need much to fill me up.
Overall I don't look very fat but I have huge tires. Ideal weight for my height is 104 and I weigh 127. I will be back on track with my food habits in just few more days. Could anyone tell how to lose tires fast? I am planning to attend a marriage next week and I hate the way I look now.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #5  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

piyu, I'm 5'3, I remember weighing 128, I didn't have one tire/roll anything. What is your highest weight? I hope it's not 127. If anything you may want to do some toning exercises to help in what you see as problem areas but not lose weight per se. And I'm sure you look great. Most times we are our own worse critics. ... may I ask, How old you are? And for the record I would love to weigh what you weigh.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:27 PM   #6  

Hi love2b150, I bought a scale today. I weigh 127.0, I will change my current weight in profile , I need to lose 11 lbs more, I guess that 11 lbs is all around my belly lol. I am 30 years old. I know you want to weigh what I weigh (excluding tires ), we all want to be in perfect shape
Old 02-27-2016, 05:40 PM   #7  

Btw I doubt my starting weight was 127, it must be 128 or 130.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:33 PM   #8  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Hi Piyu,
Losing weight fast doesn't work, otherwise this forum wouldn't exist

I recommend doing specific types of core excercises that work your obliques - the side of your abs. Planks, side planks... It can quickly - subtly- firm up your body and makes a difference for me.

For short term "looks" reasons I also modify my diet to reduce bloating and water retension. I drink lots of water and cut my carbohydrate intake to under 100g, lower if I can, and rely on protein and veggies. This is challenging for a vegetarian Not eating certain raw veggies - and avoiding beans and dairy - cuts down on my bloat too.

I'm a big fan of healthy, varied eating. I know what works for my body. I encourage you not to be extreme and do lots of reading
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:36 AM   #9  

Thanks for the reply, I weigh 126 today. I have a question, it seems I am not taking enough calories. Can you please tell me how to get enough calories in healthy way? I mean no fat just daily safe calories without gaining weight. I am vegetarian , I can eat any veg in any form i.e raw, boiled, veg soup, veggie smoothies etc. I eat fruits daily, drink one cup milk, I take lentils soup too. But I feel full when I eat even small amounts hence my daily cal intake is affecting.
Also, please suggest how to get sufficient protein in vegetarian diet.
One thing to note that I hate Tofu, I eat "Paneer" which is indian substitute for Tofu with lesser cal than tofu :-(

Last edited by piyu; 03-01-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #10  
One Step Closer

S/C/G: 338/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

A good way to get calories if you get full fast is to eat calorie dense foods. For example, low sugar peanut butter has 150 calories for two tablespoons, and a cup of chopped avocado has about has about 250 calories. Also, certain fats are good for you and can up your calorie count if you find yourself unable to up your count some days, like olive or Coconut oil. Cooking some of your food in this can add to the calories without adding volume.

If you're looking for protein, stalking up on beans, animal products, and soy products are your best bet if you're vegetarian. I like eating roasted edamame instead of peanuts since it has less fat and higher protein than peanuts. 1/4 a cup of Feng Shui edamame has 130 calories and 13g of protein. You can mix them into cereal and it gives a crunch similar to almonds. If you eat animal products, blocked Parmesan cheese is high calorie and low density while also having the highest protein for cheese. One ounce is about 120 calories and 11g of protein.

You can usually find lower calorie soy milk. You could make fruit smoothies and add in soy milk and protein powder, they even got berried flavored whey protein powder. The strawberry vanilla is pretty good.

Last edited by MatchaPocky; 03-01-2016 at 10:01 AM.
MatchaPocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Ever thought about making protein smoothies? There are lots of recipes on the internet when you search for them! Ex:http://www.leanitup.com/lean-meals-s...-300-calories/

Last edited by katiam247; 03-01-2016 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Typos!
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #12  

Thanks for giving me really good tips for increasing daily protein, I appreciate your help. I have one more question, I didn't come across any profile with 5" 3' or less height trying to reach below 110 lbs. It makes me wonder what is the perfect weight for 5" 3' height?

Am I being too hard on myself? Is 126 okay for my height? I won't stop at 126 that is for sure but I keep wondering :-(

Getting out of 200, 180, 170, 150 but no one says getting out of 120 or 130. Sorry if I am asking something stupid

Last edited by piyu; 03-01-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:45 PM   #13  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Hi piyu, welcome! First of all, you may want to check out the "Featherweights" forum where you may find more people in your specific situation, though of course you are welcome to post here too

Not that I believe in BMI, but from what I can tell you're at a good weight for your height and even your goal weight is still within the healthy range. However, every body is different. Those last pounds can REALLY be a struggle and take a long time! Are you doing any sort of exercise? Of course, you can't expect ab exercises and whatnot make your fat disappear, but you can change the way your stomach appears by building muscle there.

Good luck to you!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:06 PM   #14  

Hi nonameslob,

You are absolutely right, I checked my BMI, I am neither overweight nor underweight however my goal weight is a bit under weight, I will set it to 106 or more. I am very new to weight loss so I didn't have much knowledge, sorry . I always had a nice figure until recently

I exercise for 1/2-1 hour daily in the morning which includes Elliptical Machine, Treadmill and cycle. As per your suggestions, I will search for abs exercises and include them as well, BTW I weigh 125 now Thank you so much
Old 03-02-2016, 08:27 AM   #15  

Height: 5'9"

Hi piyu,

I think you are actually at a perfect weight! Remember, our bodies like to get a little more solid as we get older ~ we're not kids anymore! I would focus on health! Sorry I'm not more helpful, but it seems like we're "polishing diamonds" here! You're perfect!
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote