Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-26-2015, 02:02 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 308/208/145

Height: 5'6

Having always been fat, I used to wonder how I would ever be able to trust if I lost enough weight to be considered "hot". I've since learned that those people who are attracted to only fat women are no better or worse than those who are only attracted to thin women. People are entitled to their preferences, but there having a preference and just going for your type, and then there's telling someone they should change the way they look to suit their preference. That second thing? It has very little to do with looks and a whole lot to do with control. Sadly there are certain men (and women) who purposely seek out those they think have low confidence, often a fat girl, and use it to manipulate and make them feel bad about themselves. I kind of went off on a tangent here, but people truly do have a huge array of tastes and preferences as far as looks. There will always be men who find you to be gorgeous, whether you're 120lb or 400lb.
electricfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:17 AM   #17  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

If you meet the right person - things will click and fall in place.

Any chance that you are talking to a bunch of jerks?

Also, would you date an overweight guy? I would, I actually adore a fellow here at work who is overweight, I couldn't care less, he is handsome to me, and sweet and funny, but other ladies here would not give him the time of day.
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 197/190/125

Height: 5'1"

I've always believed that for every fat woman, there is a man out there who will love them, and vice versa. I still believe that.

Your weight has nothing to do with the difficulty of finding love. It's your mental thought process. No matter what size you are, it's how YOU feel about yourself, it's what makes the difference. If even for a second, you think it's your weight, then maybe it is time to make a change. When you decide to do it, make sure it's for YOU and not anyone else or any other reason.

However, the harsh realities already mentioned, do have a big affect on how we feel about ourselves.

I have a friend who was in a 4 year relationship and she was dumped. During the course of the relationship, she had gained 80lbs. Afterwards, he lost a lot of weight and met a slim gal. They're now engaged. It's been 4 years now since my friend has not been with another man. She's gained another 20-30lbs. She's never once blamed it on her weight and believed it was due to her needy/clingy behavior. Just recently, she met a man on a blind date that a mutual friend arranged. Even though he is a foodie and has taken her on his adventures, she has lost 10lbs from just going out and doing things with him. They've been together since January.

Moral of the story, love will find you in your own way as long as you love yourself. I hope things work out for you.
ladyvwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #19  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

You shouldnt have to change to be respected and you dont need to change to be respected, I believe there is someone out there for everyone
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote