Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2015, 03:47 PM   #16  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I bought my first pair of "goal pants" years ago. I didn't meant to get them too small, I just didn't realize just how big I was yet and the store used a made up size system, so they appeared to be my size. I'd decided that I would fit into them one day, so I kept them. Trying them on was too disheartening for a very long time. But every time I could pull them further up than the last time, it was too exciting. I just put them on after a long time after reading this post and they are loose! It's a great feeling.

Other than that, because I bought all my clothes at M&S for years, every time I go down a pant size there, I buy a pair of pants that are one size smaller. I was a size 22 when I started, which is the biggest size they carry in my city and I'm getting close to wearing a size 8, which is the smaller size they carry here and has been my goal all along.

Lastly, the first pair of pants that I fit into that wasn't from M&S, was a size XXL and I did the same thing with those pants. I get one size smaller every time I go down a size. I'm almost a size S now!

So, I buy lots of goal pants. Ι love the feeling of being able to fit into them and it is very motivating. But I wouldn't like to have a pair of pants that I'll never fit into and I never hang them up where I can see them. I stash them away so they won't judge me when I'm eating nachos and cheese when I should be trying to make them fit.

Last edited by Marniadec; 02-17-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 04:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerGeek View Post
I'm not against buying goal clothes IF they're on sale
That's why I bought those jeans....20 bucks! And they're longs!
My husband thinks it's not a sale if I can't fit into them....his point is invalid. I still saved money
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 04:25 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfluous View Post
I know what you mean, 42 lbs down for me and my same pants still fit and I am still wearing the same 2XL shirts (XL way too small still.)

On topic, I was given a leather jacket and when I got it, I could not even zip it up. Now I can zip it up, but still tight. Probably won't fit until 225 lbs. It's a very nice (>$300) jacket so I'm looking forward to wearing it and it helps keep me motivated.
Every inch has more weight with the height :/ But that's awesome that you are fitting in that jacket, keep it up!

I'm almost squeezing back into my size 12s, which is good because I only had a couple 14s and refused to buy more because I have plenty of 12s to wear.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote