Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 08:02 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Just a quick report for yesterday. Food was relatively good. I think we ended up slightly over which is an improvement of being blown out of the water as usual.

As for exercise, I did the hand weight stuff, 1 mile WATP and walked the dog.

My goal for the week is to get in six hours of exercise between today and Sunday. Its going to be tough because we're having triple digit temps all this week which wrecks havoc on my allergies and stamina. But that's my plan!

Have a great day!
Old 08-25-2003, 11:28 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Hi ladies, I managed to drag my behind out of bed at 5:20am this morning & struggle through my Crunch fitness DVD "Step & Sweat." It's hard to get really into your step workout when you keep yawning & feel like you could immediately fall back to sleep if you just laid down on the floor! But, I did it. Good start to a great week! Julie
Old 08-25-2003, 03:24 PM   #78  

Hi girls. Good going everyone on the exercise thing. Exercise is very informal for me during the summer because none of my programs run...just keep busy walking, biking etc. Seems to work okay. Food has been okay too, but we had chips in the house yesterday, and, well you know, just had to "get rid of them".
Old 08-25-2003, 05:56 PM   #79  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Default monday...

Hi Ladies,

I'm in class this week, but thought I'd drop in and say howdy. things are going better, but I'm not going to hit my weight goal for this month, but that's okay, but in August I think I really made some fitness and strength improvements. And as long as I'm down maybe 5 pounds I'll be happy. I'm up today from last week, but there was a BBQ on Saturday which is the cause of most of that, so I'm not worried that it won't come back off.

One goal I'm DEFINTELY going to make is the 1560 minutes of exercise for the month. I can't remember where I'm at right now, but it's around 1100 minutes and still 7 days to go.

Here's to a successful last week of this challenge for all of us!

psm
Old 08-26-2003, 07:40 AM   #80  

Good morning!

Bringing us up in the list.

Hey Pam, 5 pounds down is great. Anything down is great! I won't hit my goal to be under 250 but I'll be closer than I was. You've done great; you've lost 65 pounds!

I'm coming to the conclusion that maybe its better to be focused on becoming stronger and building endurance than having the pounds fly off. If I make my body stronger and more efficient, then I will feeling better and more apt to eat better. The weight will continue to come off even if slowly.

I'm already plotting my plans for a September bootcamp. I think it will be in being stronger about what I'm already doing; not increase time or weights.

No exercise last night. It was so freaking hot that by the time I go to the store after work and then home, I had a bad headache. DH was exhausted after driving in the bus with no air. We wimped out and ordered pizza - didn't want to heat up the kithcen OR go get something healthy. There won't be a repeat tonight though.

Have a great day!
Old 08-26-2003, 10:45 AM   #81  
this time I mean it!!!

Thanks Terri! And I'm with you, I was thinking about my September goals, and I'm going to go a for a modest 6lb loss, and throw in some fitness goals (swimming, and something cardio related too) instead of only focusing on the numbers on the scale.

psm
Old 08-26-2003, 11:59 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

I totally slept through my alarm this morning, so I missed my 5am workout. And, I can't make it up tonight because I'm going out to dinner. It's my fiance's little sister's 16th B-day today. I plan on going for a walk during my lunch hour, so that'll have to do for today.

Here's my meal plan for the day...
8am - 16 oz non-fat milk latte
12pm - veggie sushi roll, cup of miso soup & side of edemame (steamed soy beans)
7pm - green salad (no dressing) and steamed veggies
Old 08-26-2003, 12:57 PM   #83  

Terri, I totally agree with you. Fitness level, body fat and measurements are a much more reliable source of overall health than what the scale says. These days, even though I continue to lose, I am no where near as obsessed on the scales as I used to be.

I would much rather be where I am now, then how I was at 125lbs when I was totally out of shape (honestly!). Maybe it is the age thing, but I decided that I wanted to be "fit" by the time I reach 40 (next year) and not "thin".
Old 08-26-2003, 08:32 PM   #84  

I just wanted to report that I did not wimp out to the weather today. I took two claritins this morning for allergies and felt much better throughout the day. As soon as I got home, I jumped on the spinner and did 30 minutes.

Food has been good today. We cooked cube steak for dinner. I tried a new recipe from the South Beach diet book - spinach stuffed mushrooms. Kind of tasty. Anyway, a change of pace.

As I type (sitting on the deck while dumb dog eats) its thundering. We actually had a little 10 minute shower tonight. This may have been our first rain of August. We are almost beyond desparate for rain. The good thing - its cooled down 20 degrees. I'm sure I'll be talking dog for a walk - rain or no rain.

I agree with you Simcoe about being fit. I am so much stronger than I ever was. And I love it at 43.

I might have to move inside - lightening!

Pam - Looks like you've got a good plan for September.

Genesis - Are you vegan? Hope you enjoyed your dinner!

Have a great Wednesday!
Old 08-27-2003, 01:50 PM   #85  

Terri, how dedicated can you get.....typing outside in the lightning...yikes! We have been really hot here too, but have been okay with the rain. Usually our summers are hot, humid and no rain, so it has been a change from the usual.

Glad to hear that all is well with everyone. Next week will be back to normal for me (sort of). I am driving my daughter up to college on Sunday (boohoo) and my son starts grade 6. I will be back to work on Tuesday as well. Has anyone sent their kids off to college yet? This is my first and I am having a tough time of it. Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated. One thing that I am not doing is eating my way out of it. This would be normal for me last year, but I have gotten myself out of that habit. If I feel like eating, instead of just doing it, I think "am I really hungry or is it something else?" Quite often it is something else, and I talk myself out of it. I just keep thinking that this feeling will pass, and it does.

Anyway, keep well all.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:15 AM   #86  
this time I mean it!!!

Thumbs down down to the wire

Just over three days left in this challenge. And (knock wood) a miracle has occured and I just may make my weight goal

But some bad news as well, the gym I go to fired my trainer, so now he and I are trying to figure out how we can swing training at some other gym, and I'm trying to squeeze the gym to give me back all my money for my unused sessions because I'm NOT training with anyone else. *sigh* drama, drama, drama....So in the meantime I'm sticking to cardio and swimming. I did slack the past two days, so I'm definitely NOT going to meet my goal of 1560 minutes of exercise for this month. Oh well, September is another month!

Let's kick butt in these final days ladies!!!!

psm
Old 08-30-2003, 10:26 AM   #87  

Holy smokes!

We were way down on page 2 of the thread list and look at the drop in Pam's weight!

That sucks about your trainer, Pam. Hopefully, you can still work together.

Simcoe, how exciting for your daughter going off to college. But, hard on you. Just remember what an exciting time for her and give her a big hug when you go!

Well, ladies, I am going to finish the month on a wimper. The heat this month really kicked my butt and we got a little lax in our meal planning. I did get up and go to WW this morning and am down a pound for the month. I won't complain because its better than being up! This week, we've focused on getting the living room, entry and hallway painted. The painter only got the living room done so we'll be putting it back together today. Last night was my 25th high school reunion. We had a blast. Drank too much but I haven't done that in about 4 years. Feeling rather sluggish today. There is another gathering tonight. I guess we're making up for lost time since we haven't gotten together for 10 years. Monday will be the start of a new month. I'm starting fresh then.

Have a great weekend!
Old 08-31-2003, 01:40 PM   #88  

bumping us up
Old 09-01-2003, 10:23 AM   #89  

Come join me on the September thread!
Closed Thread