Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 03:45 PM   #31  

Hi girls...Brunissen, congrats on the inch loss. When my weight loss slows down, I always do my measurements. I am usually losing there, so it makes me feel like I am going in the right direction.

My Monday has been good so far. Went for a long walk with my son through town to do the daily errands, so we ended up being out for over two hours. Food was good and for dinner tonight I am going to make a pasta sauce with a soy product that is supposed to be very similar to ground beef. It even looks like it, but is much lower in fat and calories. Shhh...don't tell anyone...I am trying to pull a fast one on the DH and son . Usually if I make changes like this, I don't say anything and they don't notice. The last one was substituting sugar free cookies for the real thing. Nobody noticed the change.

Do you guys get Discovery Health channel? The are having a weigh loss/get fit challenge that is really interesting. If you can, you may want to check this out.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:09 PM   #32  

Default Boot camp

If its not too late, I want in!! My goal(s) for August are:

Minimum 20-30 min. exercise - 5x per week

By the end of August, complete 3 miles in 30 minutes on elliptical trainer. Right now I am able to do 3 miles in about 34 minutes. Also, I want be able to walk/jog a mile in under 13 minutes. Currently I can walk/jog a mile in just over 15 minutes.

Stick to my food plan (1500-1800 calories/day), minimize sugar intake, only one soda per week.

Okay ladies...we can do this

shauna
Old 08-06-2003, 12:56 AM   #33  

It's almost midnight (I'm at work). I am trying to make it through this day. I am getting tired. There is some ice cream in the refrigerator and I want to eat it. I'm trying to forget about it. I did have a small coffee cup full of ice cream with my dinner instead of my fruit; dinner was a Healthy Choice meal. I ate dinner around 8:30PM. I thought that if I came in here and posted it might help me, so please bear with me.

I did get in a walk this morning; I have not eaten any fast food today.

I do not want to go back to my old eating habits. They were killing me. Do I really want the ice cream that bad?

I haven't been keeping track of my food on paper. I will try tomorrow to start writing things down.

Good night everyone.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:25 AM   #34  

Okay - so today's WI and I'll see if I managed to keep my "lose every week" thing goin'. It feels doubtful - I feel sluggish and bloated, though I've actually kept on track food-wise this week. Ah, well.

I did check in here again (actually I've checked in every day, I just don't always post) so that's somethin'.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:25 AM   #35  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Default TGIF....

Oh, wait, it's only Hump Day....

Did well yesterday, and my evil trainer is still trying to kill me - I did 12 min on the stairmaster before our session because I figured I could talk him OUT of doing legs, but what did he have me work last night????? Thats right, legs....*******...one of these days I'm going to put some serious hurt on him.

Right on track for this week, so I'm hoping my official weigh-in on monday wil reflect the hard work....

Phoenix - I hope the weather up in Steamboat is cooler than it is down here in Denver....you aren't anywhere near that wildfire that's burning outside Grand Junction are you?

Happy Wednesday everyone (2.5 days to the weekend!!!)

psm
Old 08-06-2003, 10:43 AM   #36  

Dixie, glad you came to post instead of eating the icecream. Your post says it all though..."it's all up to me". Only you can do this. Keep focused, remember what this is all about. Not just losing weight but maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Writing down everything you eat is a great start, but don't say "I will try", change that to "I will". I found that I think really hard about eating something if I know that I have to write it down. That makes it real.

Best of luck to you.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:27 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody! Yesterday was great, all things considered. I started my period & had a heated confrontation with a co-worker, but other than that it was great! I stayed on program with my food & ice skated for an hour and a half. Included in that hour and a half ice skating, I did a 30 minute "power stroke" class which is 30 minutes of intense skating aimed at increasing your speed and confidence on the ice (I'm a recreational figure skater). It really gets your heart rate up! I even made it to bed on time & got up this morning and did a 45 minute strength training workout (The Firm Tough Tape 2). Yay me!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:40 PM   #38  

Yeah, Genesis. I have not been ice skating in years. Had a good food day today, did lots of walking at the mall with the son and did some free weights on my own tonight.

Hope everyone is great. Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:43 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Default Am I too late to join?

Howdie Ladies! Am I too late to join? I know it's already been a week since boot camp started but better late than never I hope. I'm not getting any support at home so thought I'd try here again!

I'm from the Niagar Region of Ontario Canada. Last time I weighed myself I was 190lbs...So can that be my start point? Hope I can join in...this sounds like a good group of folks!

I need a drill seargent!!lol

Michele
Old 08-07-2003, 03:45 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

I guess a start weight/goal weight would help huh?

Start weight: 190
Goal Weight: 135-140 or a size 8
Start Date: August 7/03
Old 08-07-2003, 01:14 PM   #41  

I started back to work yesterday and it has really helped to get back into my normal routine! I have done really good with calories! I lifted yesterday and I plan to walk about an hour with my friend tonight!

Keep up the good work everyone!!
Old 08-07-2003, 06:29 PM   #42  

Default checkin' in

hey everyone,
I have been AWOL from the site for a day, but still on program for this week. Back to back days of tough cardio yesterday and today and a Pilates session in between!
I've got some troubles going on with my health this week, and now I am wrestling with insurance and doctors which, while stressful and time-consuming...not interfering with my boot camp pledges!
I don't have much time to write today and tomorrow I am leaving for a 3-day weekend in Vancouver (visiting my best friend!). I plan to go hiking/walking 2 out of the 3 days I am away, that will give me my 5 workouts for the week. Gotta fit in one piece of fresh berry pie...thats IT
Take care everyone. We can do this
shauna
Old 08-07-2003, 07:30 PM   #43  

Hey all,

I have met my goal of getting in 3 days of exercise this week and kept a food journal today.

Simcoe - Thanks for the support.

Keep up the good work.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:23 PM   #44  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening Bootcamp Buddies!

Happy to report that all is well here! I'm getting in my exercise, water and fairly healthy choices --- I did have a run in with some pasta at a working lunch yesterday. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and this weekend I'll do my monthly measurements. No matter what those things say I saw a major accomplishement today when I decided to officially retire my favorite pair of black pants because.....they are too big and baggy to wear to work anymore!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong.

Catch ya later!
Barb
Old 08-07-2003, 11:19 PM   #45  

Hey girls. Barb...congrats on getting rid of the flabby pants. Last week I took two green garbage bags full of "too big"clothes to the Salvation Army. They were all way too big and I was holding onto them as kind of a comfort. Now I am down to about one pair of jeans and two pairs of shorts!!! I was in Old Navy trying on jeans a couple of days ago,which was a frustrating experience. I am no longer a size 18, but not quite a size 16, so I think that I have got about another month to go for new pants. At least the size is going in the right direction.

Dixie, way to go with the food journal and exercise. I had one of those nights tonight where I was starving, so I had one cup of shreddies, no sugar, with raisins and skim milk. That seemed to do the trick. Could not get motivated to go for a walk either, so I mowed the lawn instead. We have an acre, so it took about 45 minutes and I was sweating in the end.

Oh yeah, and I did my weekly weigh in today and have dropped a pound to 177. Slow and steady wins the race. Have a good one.
Closed Thread