Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #466  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

I'm annoyed. Not eating bad stuff and still up 3 POUNDS from the weekend! TOM is just days away, and I'm sore everywhere from squats and deep push-ups...but STILL can't make sense of a 3 pound gain?!?!?!?! ARGH! I'm going to have to resort to phase 1 SBD if it doesn't go back down by Friday!!!

anyway, today:

B - instant re-fried beans/cottage cheese/green salsa
L - omaha chicken breast and green peas
S - small fuji apple
D - DH picked up some more fresh broccoli, so I'm going to steam that and have it with probably brown rice and a protein source. Not sure which source, though.

going to the gym after work to do arms/shoulders and maybe a little treadmill. I'm frustrated about the water gain, but I am realizing this hasn't happened for weeks so I am attributing it to upcoming TOM and my muscles holding water. I just hate to see the scale go in the wrong direction :tant rum:
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:03 PM   #467  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post
I'm annoyed. Not eating bad stuff and still up 3 POUNDS from the weekend! TOM is just days away, and I'm sore everywhere from squats and deep push-ups...but STILL can't make sense of a 3 pound gain?!?!?!?! ARGH! I'm going to have to resort to phase 1 SBD if it doesn't go back down by Friday!!!

anyway, today:

B - instant re-fried beans/cottage cheese/green salsa
L - omaha chicken breast and green peas
S - small fuji apple
D - DH picked up some more fresh broccoli, so I'm going to steam that and have it with probably brown rice and a protein source. Not sure which source, though.

going to the gym after work to do arms/shoulders and maybe a little treadmill. I'm frustrated about the water gain, but I am realizing this hasn't happened for weeks so I am attributing it to upcoming TOM and my muscles holding water. I just hate to see the scale go in the wrong direction :tant rum:
Your muscles are inflamed from the workouts. Check measurements and keep on keeping on. You are making me want to get the bikes out again too. We are having a stretch of rain though.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #468  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madriver View Post
I do! I'm an overeater, especially of healthy foods as if they've got some kind of green light on them. And while other people may not gain or may even lose on a "clean" diet eaten to satiety that hasn't been my experience. I gain because I overeat.

I have to be very careful and very vigilant. Sometimes (often!) that's a very hard thing to do and I go through periods where I'm unsuccessful reining that in.
This. I'm sure if I left the oil and salt off my veg it wouldn't be nearly as difficult though. Lol
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #469  
California licensed CPA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post
Your muscles are inflamed from the workouts. Check measurements and keep on keeping on. You are making me want to get the bikes out again too. We are having a stretch of rain though.
I thought so, too...thanks CoolMom! It's actually quite amazing how sore I am from just push-up (using push-up handles, they are super intense) and body weight squats! DH and I do the squats at a rapid pace, though, back to back sets with only seconds in between. I just don't ever recall noticing a water gain from working out in the past.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #470  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

The best thing you can do to help with post workout soreness and water retention, besides excellent nutrition, hydration, and giving yourself a rest day, is apple cider vinegar - because it's the best source of malic acid there is. It is seriously vile stuff, though, so I take it in capsule form whenever I up my workout to a new level. Alleviates a whole lot of pain.

Malic acid aids in the healing of sore muscles. Google it, seriously. It works.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 03-26-2014 at 03:44 PM.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:50 PM   #471  
California licensed CPA!

I have a bottle in my fridge! you know, since I've been going to CSULA, though, I don't have as much time to work out. This is why I'm getting so sore, because I sometimes go a little longer between workouts when school is in session. Starting next week, it's 3 nights a week! workouts will have to be scaled down again ;(
Old 03-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #472  
California licensed CPA!

I've decided on having a garden burger with light swiss and fresh steamed broccoli on the side. I think I'm going to use toasted sourdough with it - no gym because in all honesty we are both too tired! We haven't had a rest day in a while...tomorrow I'll do arms at home with my weights. AND, my legs are so sore from the squats now that it's ridiculous!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #473  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

You're eating some great food there Radiojane. I am predicting a loss tomorrow for you.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #474  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all the good thoughts and prayers for Danny and his family. They changed his meds today and he is doing a lot better . Yesterday he had gotten combative and was very difficult to deal with. He was also hallucinating, etc. That's why we were asked to come over earlier than normal. With this change of meds he was literally back to how he was last week. It's really a roller coaster ride going through this process.

Madriver
Hi and welcome to the check-in!

Sun HI

Shr1nk1ngme Hi

Ian I hope your day went well and the meeting didn't cause too much of a challenge.

Radiojane Good job with the fitness.

Syckgirlsfv Hopefully the water weight will pass soon. Maybe do some extra stretching.

Coolmom Hi
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #475  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Tuna tacos w/sauce 700 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Fat Blast Intervals
GYBB Total Body Torch
GYBB Gorgeous Glutes
Old 03-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #476  

6 month hiatus and a 16 pound weight gain. I guess I'll never learn.

Anyway, doing the walk of shame and time to get serious again. I wish people would stop coming up to me and saying 'wow, you're still doing so well' or 'look at you, keeping it all off'---inside I'm screaming at them 'Are you blind? or are you just trying to get me to get back on the wagon because I'm not 'doing so well' or 'keeping it off' I really don't know where they are coming from. Anyway, today was on plan with my calories and I did 46 minutes of zumba and 34 minutes of wii fit plus.

*sigh*
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #477  
Trying to live below 200

Kaitie Hi and welcome to the check-in. Do you think you have toned up some during your weight loss? If so this may be the reason people haven't noticed your gain. You are back on plan and working on your goals, now. That's all that matters. Keep working and doing your best.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #478  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i've been VERY hungry the last few days ugh....I don't even know why except it's TOM week...i actually seem to be staying within a reasonable calorie range but still *sigh* i hate the feeling of being hungry all the time

i havent gone to the gym yesterday or today because i've been working far too much....tomorrow i will get there...then friday and saturday are completely taken up with a conference that i'm involved with....sunday i can get to the gym but it's also my son's birthday party so busy busy...
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #479  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

I missed a couple of days here but I'm back, my job has me kind of busy and tired and it's only part time if you can believe it.

B: Peanut butter on bread, 1 sausage biscuit sandwich
S: Hershys Dark chocolate
D: Bag of mixed vegetables with butter
S: Piece of chocolate cake and tea
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #480  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Height: 5'5

ugg. House guest. Eatting on plan. No exercise except walking the dogs. I actually have an 2 extra dogs visiting and a human too. I have to stop allowing myself to get side tracked with the exercise.

Good nite everyone.
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote