Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2014, 09:32 AM   #286  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Joan Hi and welcome to the check-in!

I had the expected gain from eating too late last night.

Calories for yesterday: 1555
Weigh In: 165
Up: 1 pound

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:04 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

Hi guys, good news. The scale went back down to 156. I don't know how I went from 163 to 156 in one day. I guess I was just holding on water? Or maybe my scale is messing up?

Anyway, about to do my morning workout! It's later than usual as I had my coffee and breakfast and daily internet surfing already!

For breakfast, I had two poached eggs and a half cucumber sandwich. Counted the calories at around 250.
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #288  
Warrior Princess

Hi everyone!

Diana,I'd say this is my best month I've had in a long time. I used to lose motivation and take several days off but this March I'm running almost daily. It's nice to feel on track again after so long of struggling to stay above water. I also have been eating better too.. Hope all is well with you.

I'm off to work. Stay motivated, everyone!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #289  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I just started with eating less and moving more last week. I'm using my fitness pal and this forum has been super helpful as well!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #290  

Height: 5'9"

I would like to jump in - I just found this forum and this thread and it sounds perfect. I will weigh in tomorrow morning and update my profile, but I have learned after 52 years that I can't cut out any types of food. I am going to utilize the LoseIt! app, make healthy choices, etc.

I would enjoy the accountability of this thread . . . looking forward to getting to know everyone.

How do you get the ticker??
Bohobabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 150/146.6/120

Height: 5'4

I was up this morning a pound to 149... the scale is driving me nuts. I'm just really going to focus on the whole hydration thing, and maybe take a break from daily weighing... I don't know. I'm even noticing water retention in my face! I eat a mostly whole foods diet so it's not a sodium issue.. I did really start exercising most days just this past week, so maybe I just need to be patient, make good choices and hope it pays off. And drink loooots of water. I'm feeling more positive about all this today

B: Plain yogurt (2%) with a kiwi, sliced strawberries and some blackberries, with some walnuts.
L: Smoothie with protein powder, frozen blueberries, almond milk and spinach, and 2 eggs scrambled.
D: (will be) chicken breast with broccoli

Workout: Bodypump (weight lifting class) and 55 minutes arc trainer
thekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #292  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I have some packing up to do to send my niece and her girl all the stuff they left at our house....her dad flies up tomorrow to take it all to her...and we're going to watch basketball games this afternoon...adults play....it's a big annual tournament where adult teams from all the villages gather here to play so we're going to watch some of the games from our village today...gearing up for spring break next week, which means I work a different schedule and the boys are home all week
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #293  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Today wasn't a very good day. My thighs are very swollen and they hurt a lot and so does my stomach, lower back and my head. Naturally my mood is terrible. At least I only gained 0.44 of a pound.

Breakfast: None.
Lunch: Spaghetti and meatsauce, salad.
Snack: A bomb. It's a cream puff which is stuffed with whipped cream and it has chocolate glaze on top and on the bottom and also chocolate sprinkles.
Dinner: More spaghetti and meatsauce and half a cup of orange juice.
That's a total of 343 calories. My dad has been eating a lot of desserts lately and he keeps buying something for all of us. I wish I was complaining.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #294  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Sherma daily fluctuations can drive you nuts but can also be helpful if you know certain events or foods are causing the fluctuations. Maybe you could do a little experiment, just write down what your daily weight is for a couple weeks or a month, think of it as data gathering, don't get too invested in what the number is each day, try to weigh at the same time in your daily routine so you can truly see if there are trends.

I weigh everyday but only let myself compare week to week, like what I weighed today compared to last Sunday, it took some training, but really helps having old numbers to compare to, now I can compare this March to last March, that's really seeing progress, great for picking me up when I think today's weight is high.

Best of luck

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-16-2014 at 06:27 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 220/219/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the great advice kelijpa. I really like the idea of checking back week to week while still recording day to day. Inspiring to think about being a year into this since I just go started. Stuck to my food plan this weekend which I am happy about. Thanks everyone.
sherma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #296  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, it really keeps me on track.

Diana that's so nice you wanted to eat with DH, it is nicer to eat with your guy, I'm sure he appreciated it after spending the day with his dear friend, that has to be rough on him emotionally, and a great thing he is doing.

Congrats laciemn

Safe travels Ian!

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-16-2014 at 06:38 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys, it's a cold one outside today, waiting for a warm up.

B: 2 pcs. of toast with a spot of jelly
L: Turkey sandwich (pcs. bread and meat only) about a quarter cup of peanuts.
D: large caesar salad
S: Tostitos and apple

Hopefully that will be all for today and I won't get hungry before bed

Last edited by Waterbunny77; 03-17-2014 at 02:42 AM.
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #298  
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 212/168

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone and especially the new people! I've said it before and I'll say it again. This forum has been one of the most powerful tools I've had to keep on tract. I have used other forums ("MFP, Lowcarbfriends, Support groups even dailystrength".) This one has been the most helpful of all no judgement or off advice whatever. I'm glad I did this. AND, I love how people are so in tune with their bodies. I'm getting a lot of good ideas. Like not eating after a certain time(Diana.) Water weight, exercise to try, not panicking over gains and dreams of a new puppy LOL!

Alaskan: You are a very brave woman and while your decision sounds painfully hard, it also sounds romantic and exciting as well.

Today, I'm still too tired to exercise. I don't know what's going on. I been having cravings for carbs and fighting back the urge to over eat. Uggg I wish it would end already.

I'm kind of on plan but nothing taste good today. So, I'm just gonna chill with the dogs and watch a movie. Probably Despicable Me. LOL!

Have the best evening you are able to.
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #299  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Angie Great job surviving the new puppy! I have a motto that all puppies are evil!

Laciemn
Great job on your weigh in!

Novangel Great job on the running!

Claygirl
Hi and welcome to the check-in!

Bohobabe Hi and welcome to the check-in. I think you have to be a member for 21 days in order to get a ticker.

thekiwi Could the water weight be from hormones? Maybe take a break from weighing for a few days.

Alaskanlaughter Enjoy the games today.

Marniadec
I hope tomorrow is a better day and you feel better.

Sherma Hi

Kelijpa It was on his bucket list to have DH take him turkey hunting again. Unfortunately they didn't get anything. The turkey's didn't come in close enough. If his health holds up, DH is going to leave work early on Friday to take him hunting again. They will spend the night at the farm and go again on Saturday. Family and friends are so important. All of these life events make me appreciate my DH and the time we spend together.

Waterbunny Is it suppose to warm up in your area soon?

Miniapplecocoa
Being tired and craving carbs sounds like hormones. Hang in there.

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-16-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:49 PM   #300  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1325 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (550 calories)
Chicken salad sandwich 450 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (380 Calories)
Artisan bistro salmon dinner 280 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Total Body Torch w/5's
TF Fire 45

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-16-2014 at 08:49 PM.