Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #1  
*Shakes fist at regain*

S/C/G: 150ish/ 114 / 109

Height: 5'

Default Your regulars

Since beginning your weight loss journey, what specific foods do you eat most days that you previously didn't?

For me, it's greek yogurt, eggs, nuts, and fruit. I used to eat all of these occasionally but nowhere close to daily.

I didn't love regular yogurt so it was never a frequent thing for me. I do love greek yogurt though (particularly Fage). I ate it at least 5x's a week for a couple years. I think I o.d.'ed on it though, didn't want it for a year, but now I'm back into it. Some strawberry fage topped with walnuts is as good as it gets to me!

During weight loss, I also ate avocados and guac way more often. For a while, I was going through 1 or 2 avocados a week.

I used to never eat sweet potatoes except for on Thanksgiving. But during weight loss, I probably ate 2 or 3 a week.

So how about you? What graces your taste buds on a daily basis now that used to be rare or never?
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #2  
Finding Myself Again <3

S/C/G: 230/215/200

Definitely eggs, Greek yogurt, JELLO, cottage cheese and protein shakes!!

I also indulge in a VitaTop from time to time :-)
tadaponce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

Definitely eggs, which I used to hate. Also hummus which I eat almost everyday and love.

I also used to hate fruit when I was heavier. Now I love fruit and it definitely is what I go for when I'm craving something sweet.
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Boiled eggs: I eat this for breakfast every morning. Salad: I eat it daily unless I run out and haven't gotten to the store yet. Nuts: Great snack but I have to be mindful of them, because they are so easy to overeat!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I go through phases where I'll eat the same food for weeks at a time, and then I switch to a new one... My favorite recent thing is cooking up some bacon, saute some onions in the grease, then scrambling a few eggs in it, and tossing in a handful of grated cheese. So yummy and satisfying, and the weight just falls off.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #6  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

Fruit and rhubarb for smoothies (dinner) more vegetables (we've always eaten them but they assume a more important role) peanut butter and cottage cheese. It's for us more about what we've cut way down on: Cheese, sweets, (my husband is the cookie monster) pasta dishes, chips, crackers and snack foods, pizza, burgers, other fast food.
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #7  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I like greek yogurt now, olive oil on dishes where I never had tried it before, more emphasis on vegetables, watching portion sizes, stopped baking sweets at home, and lately I've been into protein bars because I like one after weight training
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #8  

High fiber cereal.
Wendyg311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: See ticker!

Height: 5'0

Greek yogurt, eggs, and sweet potatoes for me as well! I never disliked yogurt or eggs, but didn't see a need to bother with them when I wasn't eating healthy.

I use to just eat canned yams on thanksgiving, but now real sweet potatoes are one of my favorites too. I would eat them even if I wasn't trying to eat healthy because they're one of my favorite foods now. I don't even put anything on them and they taste amazing, and are low calorie.

Also, strawberries and almonds. Those go on my list every week .
Samantha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #10  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Salads (you name it, it's in it), oily fish (I know every canned fish available to man), shellfish (oysters, muscles, clams, scallops, crab, lobster), hummus (TONS of the stuff), Isoflex (whey) powder, low calorie bread and mushrooms. Oh, and snails.

But in a pinch, as another poster said, you just cannot beat a boiled egg.

Last edited by IanG; 09-21-2013 at 08:21 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

Greek yoghurt here too. I don't like the taste of the diet yoghurts. My diet is more varied now, I am eating a lot more of everything to try to keep it from being monotonous. More diet drinks oh and oven baked wedges, love them.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I have always liked greens but seldom ate them until I started dieting. Since dieting I frequently have meals that are entirely greens such as Collards, Spinach, Turnip greens and such.

A really weird craving that my body has is for Sauerkraut I have this as a favorite evening snack. I open a 14 oz can put it in a bowl, heat it in the microwave and eat the whole thing I I have to have a craving at least this has only 70 calories in a whole can. Of course it has a years worth of sodium

I do not know why I crave that but I sure do.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #13  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Yogurt and cottage cheese for me. I rarely drink milk anymore, but my nails are really strong from all the dairy I'm getting. Veggies, of course, including Spaghetti Squash as a sub for pasta. And, I second Sweet Potatoes and nuts.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

I love greek yogurt and cottage cheese, I eat one or both every day. I drink a lot of seltzer water during the day or unsweetened iced tea. In the morning I have black coffee and at night I have a glass of wine . Oh I also have gotten really into oatmeal because it's so filling. I love peanut butter but I feel like it's so high in calories so I haven't been eating it lately.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/220

Height: 5'10"

Greek yogurt. I don't eat it plain (not a fan of the...sour? taste) but I mix it into waffle mix which I eat a lot. It adds protein to my waffles which helps fill me up and keep me full longer. Vanilla yogurt is the yummiest!

I also eat a lot of babybel cheese. I've always loved cheese and the babybel satisfies that craving for around 50-70 calories. A babybel and a handful of pretzels is a pretty common go to snack for me.
JeniH is offline   Reply With Quote