Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #16  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled chicken 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories

Exercise
LM Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-01-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #17  
Warrior Princess

I freaked out when I saw our thread locked and then realized TADA! it's a new month. I like new months although right now it's a whopping 14 degrees (wind chill making it 6 degrees) so it's like Siberia out there. May can't come fast enough.

On a side note I'm all alone in the house tonight which is freaking fabulous. Just me and the cat. Ahhhhh..

I spent about an hour at the gym, it was nice and quiet tonight plus it's so cold outside it stayed pretty cool in there so I got a great workout. When it's too hot I burn out real fast.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for Mexican food so I'm going to have to make sure to bust butt again. I'm sure I will be totally bloated but oh well, won't be the first time.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #18  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i feel pretty good tonight from the dental work....he was a very good dentist...the anesthetic wore off much faster than usual, does weight loss affect that???...the only pain i've had is directly on my tooth, which feels like it's been drilled and patched etc (duh!) ....the other facial pain is gone and hasnt' come back...i havent taken anything for the after-affects, not even ibuprofen, and i dont need to, thats how good of a dentist he was

ive eaten 1115 calories today of mostly soft foods and liquids...i'll probably eat something else before bedtime...after the dental work, i cleaned up the house, rested awhile and went back to work...did the thing with my son tonight etc...now i get to sit down til bedtime
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #19  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

so im lazy, tired and dont feel like googling info...

my throat has been sore since the anesthetic wore off....am i still sick? did bits of the infection get on my throat as they did the root canal? is this my body's way of recovering/handling physical stresses?

novangel do you have any idea? you said you worked in dentistry...it would totally suck to have the sinus infection cleared, the root infection cleared, only to have the same infection land on my throat...i just finished my antibiotics today too
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:05 AM   #20  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 160/129/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
I freaked out when I saw our thread locked and then realized TADA! it's a new month. I like new months although right now it's a whopping 14 degrees (wind chill making it 6 degrees) so it's like Siberia out there. May can't come fast enough.
It's freezing here also! Brrr.

alaskanlaughter - Hope you feel better soon!

kjnnc- Welcome!
pinkflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:08 AM   #21  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 160/129/125

Height: 5'4

Good Morning!

Calories yesterday- 1262

zumba/pilates.

I stopped the 30 DS I could not keep up. Maybe once I get in better shape I will try again.

Have a great day everyone!
pinkflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #22  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello everyone

Welcome to the newbies!!!

Diana, I want to thank you especially because when I am "laying a bit low" here you always ask and "check up on me" a bit. Yes! I am not only staying on plan but cutting back a bit and increasing the intensity of my exercises. Got some new pool workout equipment and also starting some arm exercises to hopefully get rid of some flab, etc.

I am still not losing weight but my clothes are bigger on me and I have gone down a pants size so definitely gaining muscle. Also my friends who had not seen me for a couple of months could not believe the difference, and I can see it too. It is my boobs and stomach which are massive. Yesterday my friend said "turn around" and took a good look at me from the back and said "you're skinny." So will see what the surgeon says but I will NOT stop my plan! Again, thank you for asking.

I've been working overtime and then when I work out afterward I just don't get onto the forum as much. But glad to read that everyone is doing so well!

Happy weekend, all.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #23  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am back down to where I was before the turnip greens. I have said this so many times, but it still amazes me how sensitive my body is. I guess that's why it took me 3 years and 4 months to get to my goal weight. I stuck to my plan 100% and worked out every day during that time. I just realized that I have been at it, this time, for 5 years in January.

I'll be back later.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 158.6
Down: .6
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #24  
I Believe in me

S/C/G: 250/199/175

Height: 5'5

Smile Need motivation

Hello everyone! Looks like this is a great place to start being more accountable to myself. You are all providing me the motivation to keep on trying. It seems so hard to keep being positive when you are alone. Thanks.
mrsj2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #25  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
my throat has been sore since the anesthetic wore off....am i still sick? did bits of the infection get on my throat as they did the root canal? is this my body's way of recovering/handling physical stresses?

novangel do you have any idea? you said you worked in dentistry...it would totally suck to have the sinus infection cleared, the root infection cleared, only to have the same infection land on my throat...i just finished my antibiotics today too
Tooth infections won't spread and cause throat infections. Generally speaking, tooth infections stay localized within the jaw however can sometimes cause sinus infections on upper teeth when ignored too long since the apex of the tooth (root tip) are sitting right below, and sometimes into the sinus cavity. If it was a lower tooth then you can have some sensitivity in the lower jaw, or possibly your throat but more than likely it's a cold coming on, or lingering from past illness but I remember you saying it was an upper tooth. Sometimes topical anesthetics (or latex allergy) can cause some irritation plus you have people digging in your mouth for an hour. I wouldn't be alarmed. By having this root canal you had the source of the infection removed from your body so that's that. There isn't cross contamination.

In very rare cases infections can get into the blood stream and cause cardiac issues (and even death) but that's extremely rare.

Local anesthetic wear off times depend on the percentage of anesthetic given, number of carpules, a persons tolerance and a PH level. Everything/everyone varies. Some people it's an hour, some can last a good 5-6 hours.

Glad you had a good experience. I used to work Endodontics (root canal specialty) for many years. They get a bad reputation but are actually quite boring which is why I left and went back into General Dentistry...Endo got very repetitive. Zzzzzzz

Last edited by novangel; 02-02-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #26  
Warrior Princess

The friend I was supposed to meet with for Mexican lunch had to cancel so now we're going to meet with other friends for steak dinner. Bring on the soduim bloat!

I better get to the gym.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #27  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

novangel it was -51F with the wind here Thursday. You're in the tropics!

I have a SIX pound sodium jump today. Apparently the mineral pool coupled with eating out did a number on me. Oh we'll. it's water. It will go away.

Yesterday calories in:1700 (estimated, I'm adding a few hundred extra because I always assume restaurant food is hiding something)

Eggs with onions
Garlic sausage
Cheddar cheese
Chicken quesadilla
Apple crumble
Fresh fruit mix
Half glass wine
Chicken penne Alfredo

Yesterday calories out:809
30 minute swim
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #28  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

copying and pasting yesterday's post as suggested:

Not much weight loss this week (down to 157.6) but I had a successful measurement day

Here is my measurement update:
Week 4 to Week 6 change in inches:
Bust: down 0.75
Under bust: down 1.25
Waist: down 0.5
Hips: down 0.75
Left Thigh: down 0.25
Right Thigh: no change

So my 6 week total for inches lost is
Bust: down 2.5
Under bust: down 2.25
Waist: down 2.5
Hips: down 2.25
Left Thigh: down 1.0
Right Thigh: down 0.75
bunnabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #29  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

so far so good...scale still moving in the downward direction, though slowly. I did my turbo sculpt step class last night after 2 weeks of nothing (been sick) and my entire body hurts today. In a good way! when i got home last night my scale said 164 - and this morning it was only up .5 so my official weight today is 164.5. it's FINALLY moving! this is where I have to be extra careful...hubs had 12 year old scotch last night, and I had my 2 glasses of Shiraz and that was it. I'm doing good! So far coffee this morning and nothing to eat just yet...
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #30  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
novangel it was -51F with the wind here Thursday. You're in the tropics!
Good lord!

I remember a few years back it getting to -30 with wind chill (which is rare) and I was yelling profanitys all the way to the car, -50 I'd lose it. My southern Italian blood cannot handle anything below 30 degrees.