Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Overindulging is fun, but facing the scale the next day is not. The next day it never seems worth it. Do we ever learn?

Today we are getting an upgrade to our internet at work and tomorrow the new computer will be installed. I won't be able to check in during the day. I will try to catch up with everyone when I get home.

Calories for yesterday: 2335 +
Weigh In: 159.8
Up: 1.4 pounds
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #77  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Monday Morning WI 177.6 up 2 whole pounds from last Monday which I believe was up some and the week before, so I am officially gaining weight not losing. I'm trying to take everything into consideration and hoping that soon things will turn around. I'll admit I have been consuming a lot of sodium and of course, I'm not completely clean yet from eating gluten, add that to the stress levels, I'm not shocked to see the scale going up, but I am concerned. I need to get serious again and start checking on my calories, once more. Usually if I'm not eating enough of them, I start the gain...and I know I'm struggling with that on some days, but not all.

Let's hope I see a better scale result next week.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #78  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Yesterday was pretty good, although I didn't exercise. Breakfast was the same as the day before Egg and toasts. (390 cal) Lunch was some Quinoa Salad and a beer. (285 cal) and dinner was lasagna, salad and garlic bread for an estimated 600 cals. Had some snacks (Chai pudding and brookside chocolates) for another 250 cal.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #79  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I've finally been here long enough to get my Weight Tracker.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 219/209/180

Height: 5'7

It's amazing to me how our food responds to foods and the "things" added to them to make them taste good....In a moment of laziness last night I had 2 hotdogs for dinner - I didn't eat the bun, instead I split one my my low carb wraps and used to "wrap" the dogs in. This morning - WHAM - the scale is up almost a whole pound. I am sure it was all the extra sodium and junk in those hotdogs - because even with the hotdogs, I was under in calories and carbs for the day. Sure glad it's a NEW Day!!!!
kjnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #81  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Overindulging is fun, but facing the scale the next day is not. The next day it never seems worth it. Do we ever learn?
No, probably because we know in the back of our minds it's sodium bloat and not actual fat gain. It still stings to look at the scale which is why I avoid it for a few days if I do indulge. You're brave.

I go into work at 10:30am today thank goodness because it's a commuters nightmare out there with all the snow we had overnight. I was so late getting my son to school. I think this is the only time he has been late this year so I won't worry about it.

I hope to make it to the gym tonight, just depends. Have a great day everyone.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #82  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Good morning. I could not pull my lazy butt out of bed this morning to save my life, so no swim yet. I'll go tonight, or maybe not. I'm just now getting over the soreness from that massage. It really wrecked me. We'll see how I feel.

I did so much nothing yesterday it isn't even funny. I laid on the couch the whole day save for small breaks to pee or eat. I even went to bed early. Total sloth day.

Scale did move back in the right direction though: 341.1 today. Hope to hit 100 this week!

Yesterday Calories in:1500
Salmon pinwheel
asparagus
bison sausage
cheddar cheese
pecan praline cheesecake

Calories out: ZERO.

Last edited by Radiojane; 02-04-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #83  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Monday!

yesterday was actually good...I gave myself a 'sort of' cheat day, but didn't really cheat except for with a little more wine than normal

had 2 waffles and turkey bacon before church, then went to a restaurant that I had a groupon for called La Bamba. I had chicken fajitas and only had 2 of the 3 tortillas, not to mention they were corn, not flour.

went home and hubby and I took a walk to Pavillions (an hour), got home and I started a Vegas strip panoramic view puzzle that I got from Amazon. That sucker is HARD! 1000 tiny pieces and they all look alike...I sat there for 4 hours and only got the MGM Grand done. BUT I forgot about food! I also cooked a pot roast in my pressure cooker with gold potatoes, green beans, and mushrooms. That's for dinner tonight

going to the gym after work to do cardio. still 164 all weekend
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #84  

Hello
Pink, your track of not cheating except for your DD's birthday was so eye-opening! I cheat over weekends and any excuse to hang out with friends. I am going to try and keep cheating to spl occasions let us see how that works out
Yesterday another theme park- lunch loaded with carbs and icecream Sundae for snacks. Echoing Diana, when will I ever learn???
Anyway up to 158.8!!! I was hanging at 157.4 forever and hoping to get to 154 since October now the trend is reversed..aaaaaagh
Today: ran 1 hour treadmill 5 miles
Food: yesterday off track- although i skipped a big dinner to catch up and had half a cup of beans for dinner.
Today hopefully will be better

Last edited by Rasagolla; 02-04-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Rasagolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #85  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

dropped 2lbs of water today and walked almost 2 miles in the freezing cold. I tripped while walking and fell in my laundry room...kinda feeling like a little old lady today My right side is already feeling the pain, hopefully it won't be a set back just tight muscles. We'll see. But I got out there and moved. Now I'd like to see the scale continue to move out of the stinking 170's...got 5 lbs to go...if I don't trip anymore, it's a possibility
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #86  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm learning from "cheat day" that my body has become accustomed to my healthier lifestyle and my GI system doesn't appreciate the naughty foods anymore. I feel nauseous for a solid day+ after cheating, but does that stop me...apparently not.
bunnabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #87  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Kendrabear Yum, the kiwi at breakfast sounds very good.

Pinkflakes Good job sticking with your plan.

Psychic Congrats on the new ticker!

Mamakat I think you and I both have problems staying upright! Although, I haven't fallen recently. I swear it's a miracle. I usually have total wipeouts when I fall. Good job on the 2 pounds.

Silverfire Hi

Kjnnc Some people have issues with sodium, msg, etc. Other don't. I am one that does. Yes! Glad for the new day.

Novangel Were you able to get to the gym?

Radiojane I'm glad the scale turned back around for you. Do you think the mineral pool caused you to hold onto extra water weight? I am not familiar with mineral pools and their affect on the body.

Syckgirlsfv That pot roast sounds delish! I love a good pot roast. I have never put green beans in it though. That sounds like a good idea since I don't eat many potatoes.

Rasagolla I hope today was better for you. I don't know about you, but I literally felt bad today after eating off plan yesterday. I guess my body doesn't like it.

Bunnabear I think we are echoing the same things today. I am glad to be back on track today.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #88  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 500 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
LM Combat 60 live w/weighted gloves
Old 02-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #89  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i had a very interesting day today...with a broken car, i took DH's truck to work for the early morning shift, then home in time for him to get to work by 8:30 a.m....i then drove my poor broken car without a fanbelt to the mechanic that could see me...i'm surprised i didn't kill the battery on it, driving it there without a working alternator...it's a 12-year-old battery too and the original one on the car....

mechanic found it wasn't the belt itself, but a pulley in the system that had lost a bearing...he replaced the bearing and put the new belt on...sounds simple but took Three Freaking Hours(!!) while i sat in their gas station and waited, for what was supposed to be a half hour-at-most job *sigh* but at least it's done...my car runs WAYYYY better now too

so that took up all morning, no gym time, back to work all afternoon....instead of having dinner, i went to the gym...i pushed myself as hard as i could mentally and physically and ran 3 miles total with walking intervals in there...so proud!!! i did 4.75 miles total walking and running and took me 70 minutes...

i also am trying to drop my carbs down and see if i can get some weight loss moving again....so far at 9 p.m. i'm at 1250 calories/109 carbs and burned 500 calories at the gym...my goal is to stay under 150 total carbs....which i dont think is super low, but perhaps moderate low(?) and something attainable for me
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #90  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello everyone. And welcome to the newbies!

I'm hoping this will be the week I finally see a break in this crazy plateau! But at least I did not gain any weight during my weekend away! And the crazy part is that my clothes keep getting bigger on me. I noticed yesterday that my size 18 pants... which I could not wear before... are starting to get a lot bigger on me. Ah well, it is what it is!!

Happy Tuesday.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote