Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #31  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I got home late tonight. I had computer issues today and I started closing out my books. This is always a hectic time of the month for me.

Misti Nothing like a good exhausting workout to help you sleep well.

Itsmyturn Are you saying you are stiff like a mummy? My doms have subsided and I'm feeling pretty good now. I can definitely feel my legs during the warm up, though. They are not sore, just tired.

Serenity You are doing great with your workouts! Keep it up! Good calorie range, too.

Mamakat Hi I've missed seeing you! Great job with the run!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-02-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #32  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone!! Here we are at the end of another successful day!!!

Wow, working out until you throw up? Can that possibly be healthy? But I guess to each his/her own.

Serenity, to an extent I agree about giving in to a genuine craving... although it is far better to "train" yourself not to give in. I am convinced that most of our processed foods and artificial ingredients, chemicals,etc., cause us to be lacking in genuine nutrition and that is the reason for a lot of our cravings.

Morning weight today 266

AM - Tonic Alchemy in small amt grapefruit juice, 1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice

Breakfast
cottage cheese
7 fresh bite size pineapple chunks

Snack
banana

Lunch
2/3 can spicy red beans
small amount brown rice (leftover from yesterday)

Snack
None

Dinner
2 slices healthy pizza
corn on the cob
1 can green beans

Virtual walk to Seaside OR progress
50 minute pool workout = 5 miles
total 607 + 50 = 657 minutes
total miles 60.7 + 5 = 65.7
current virtual location just coming into Shelton WA
193 - 65.7 = 127.3 mile to go

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 08-02-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #33  
Trying to live below 200

Total approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Sirloin 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
raw carrots 100 calories

Exercise
Check-In: Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Tomorrow is suppose to be a rest day. I need to move my rest day to Saturday so I can do my mall walk. Maybe I should do another Insanity workout. We'll see how I feel. I think most of my doms are gone now.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-02-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #34  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diva - Don't let her scare you too much from the workout, she was doing that when I made her run with me too She got caught sneaking out, so I have made her workout with me ever since... she obviously has too much energy if she can stay up at night, right? I am mean, but it was necessary...and... if she sees results then she will be thankful anyway! Win-win! Great job doing the yoga and bike!!! Way to take it up a notch and really dig in

Mamakat - Great job with the run! That sounds like a nice time!

Diana - IT issues always happen at the most inopportune time! Glad to hear your soreness has subsided. Mine has too for the most part now. About the middle of today they eased up. It kills me to be sitting all day at the desk, but other than every 2 hrs, I am stuck at the desk - can't even reach for transferring calls if I stand. I am honestly really close to asking the doctor to write a note requiring me to have a standing station...then our ergonomic department HAS to get me set up for one Might actually follow through on that idea. Every time I get up, my joints are stiff (even with as much as I bounce my leg at desk)... that can't be good for my RA or Insanity recovery Of course I would leave the last part out with the doc The cardio recovery was tonight. It was nice to recover from high cardio, but those "stretches" were hard to keep control of, legs were shaking. Still no big joint flares caused by this (which was my dr's worry)... so that's great news so far!!! Forward we go!!!

Home from work, supper at computer for schoolwork (have a mid-term tomorrow in finance..nerves!)... then Insanity workout, watched Big Brother.. now catching up on here and hitting the bed. Up at 4am to do it all again! Woohoo!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:59 AM   #35  

Hello everyone

Okay... guess it is time to share this. Recently I changed my main goal to divide it... make it to 230 and then 170. There was a reason I stuck in the 230 goal.

I have extremely large breasts... so huge that they are causing muscularskeletal damage and making it hard for me to do anything. Recently I saw a plastic surgeon about breast reduction, who was very encouraging and explained fully the risks and benefits. But the risks are much higher for anyone over 200 pounds; however, they do take height and build into consideration. Since I am tall and have a large build, that will make a difference. I told him I can always get down to around 230 and then end up gaining it back. He said... "Well, get to 230 and come back here before you have a chance to regain it."

Because of insurance... getting them to pay... I also have to see a chiropractor and probably a massage therapist. The one I am going to is totally supportive and writing her reports to both my doctor and the surgeon. My doctor is also 100% supportive. The surgeon told me "you do your part and we'll do our part." I told him "You're on!!"

So I am working my tail off to get down to that 230 pounds. Oh and the surgeon's assistant told me if I did what they say and come back, she would almost guarantee me she could push my insurance company and get it covered. All three of the doctors think the same because it genuinely is a health issue.

Soooooooooo... I figure since they recommend 200, if I go back at 230 it darn sure better be a well toned, healthy-food fortified 230!! My labs are already very good; do need to lower blood pressure a bit still but it has gone way down from what it used to be. I need to do everything I can to lower the risk of healing problems.

Talk about motivation and incentive LOL! I *will* get this weight off!!!! I will do anything to get rid of these boobs! LOL someone tells me to lose weight and they will whack them off, you had better believe the weight is coming off!

I would love to make the 230 goal by Christmas!!! I know I will have your support here. Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 08-03-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #36  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning and TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 148.4
Down: .4

Itsmyturn Those stretches are tough in Cardio Recovery. I was seriously thinking I was going to be sore from them because my legs were shaking. Today is suppose to be my rest day. I'm thinking about doing a regular cardio workout or maybe doing one of the longer workouts from the second month. What do you think? I am putting in an extra workout so I can make my rest day on Saturday for my mall walk.

Misti You definitely have our support. I can totally relate to you with the weight you carry in your upper body area. My problem was the lower body. I swear I have always had the biggest butt/hips/belly on the planet. I have a very small office. I could never turn around without knocking something off my DH's desk or off a counter. It was insane. It was really bad when I was almost 400 pounds! Anyways, my first goal and actually life goal is to live below 200 pounds. I really didn't think I would get any lower. I didn't know that I could do it. I just kept working out and eating within my calorie range and my weight kept dropping. Fast forward. I always hear about people not being able to get off the last 5 or 10 pounds, etc. I was in the 160-170 pound range and I could see that those last pounds were in the butt/hip/belly area. The problem area. I kept doing what I had been doing all along and I dropped those last few pounds. Now, my body is in proportion. It's amazing. It took forever, but it's worth it. It's those last few pounds that made a huge difference for me. Now, when my weight starts creeping back up, I can see that it goes straight to the hip/butt/belly area. Anyways, I want you to know that we are here for you. There are people here that can relate to your struggles, you are not alone in this battle. You can do this!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #37  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Misti - We are totally in your corner! How wonderful it would be to get down enough to cut the risk on something that is needed so you can function better! It's a hard struggle, but not impossible. Lord knows the plateaus I have hit and they seem to stick for MONTHS.. but if you keep doing the right things, you CAN and WILL do this. I am so proud of you for taking the initiative to go to professionals and find out what is needed so you can do what is best for you

Diana - Did you get the package with the bonus DVDs? Some of them have 2 bonus ones that maybe you could incorporate one? I am surprisingly not sore after last night's workout too.. shocking. I feel the muscles and they are tight, but no soreness. Maybe a sign that we are already getting stronger? Guess time will tell I know I am holding a ton of water right now though, my fingers even feel swollen, Has that happened to you?
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #38  

Thanks, Diana! I did not know you previously weighed almost 400 pounds. Do you have any progress photos here anywhere? You have certainly done a super job of getting and keeping it off!!

Thanks to you too, ItsMyTurn!

Yes, I am definitely the opposite... although my stomach is definitely my second problem area, but I don't have much of a butt at all, and my legs and thighs are in good proportion so when I lose weight that part of me will be fine. But my boobs are so gigantic they make it nearly impossible to do anything and I look ridiculous. One advantage though of being so huge is that the surgeon said it makes the surgery a bit more extensive BUT it means I can pretty much choose what size I want to be because there is some reconstruction involved anyway rather than just taking out some tissue.

AND I am down TWO pounds this morning... have to go change that ticker and get it off of that left side. 34 more pounds to go until I can go back to the surgeon!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 08-03-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 287/249.6/179

Height: 5'5"

I love reading what ya'll are eating. It's giving me some great ideas...

I was doing really well for a few weeks! But then my aunt came to visit and she is a heavy eater... and it's always junk food. We went shopping and she bought chocolate, then we went to the gas station and she bought cheezies, then she wanted to go and have ribs for dinner, then she wanted to make brownies when we got home. It's weird that I started to feel guilty for saying no repeatedly!!
katiekish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Mamakat you rocked that run! Love it!

Misti ITA. I think it's a fine line between a healthy craving for REAL appetite (for lack of better terminology) and an excuse to down a piece of cake or something. I don't know if most people ever can master the difference, but heck I just do my best too. And I'm rooting for you to get to surgery weight. EVERY single woman I know who has had a breast reduction does NOT regret it. EVERY one. You are smart to optimize your health before the surgery and I'm sure you'll heal fast and hopefully painlessly (although really I don't remember any of them hurting for long).

ItsMyTurn thanks. I think I'm a long ways off from Insanity. I can't believe I used to do so much and now I have hip/knee joint issues, the plantar fasciitis, and then whatever the fascial issue is (I refuse to be formally diagnosed with fibromyalgia but that's what the D.O. thinks and since there is no treatment I figure why keep testing). ANYWAY I just push myself gently, but I still push. I won't rule out Insanity or Body Pump (I really want that) in the future though You and your daughter are inspiring. Good luck on the midterm.

Wow Diana you really have done well! I get so impatient at times, but I figure this time next year if I eat right and workout (workouts are not hard for me generally as I love to exercise) I'll be better off, if not I'll be bigger off. Even if I'm not at "goal" per se, I'm thrilled with having forward momentum at least...and my weight is mostly in the stomach and boobs. My booty is flat no matter what I weigh it's not my favorite body part due to that.

Katie I have the same problem to a point. I started to say "I don't eat that" partly because I read it somewhere but partly because my stepmom and dad say that with regards to 99% of junk food...and both are very fit and healthy, meaning until the last 10 years running a marathon or a biathlon were regular activities for both of them (now they are 60 and 65 respectively) and they only stopped because they got into dog sled racing. I felt/feel like a snob sometimes, but you know you only get one life and for ME I'd rather be empowering myself and staying on track with "I don't" eat that versus "I CAN'T" eat that which implies someone else is controlling me or food or whatever. The only person that would really try to make me feel bad is my mother, but that's really her issue anyway.

Oh geez forgot the stats:

August 2nd, Thursday:
Calories 1740
Cycling 25
Yoga 50 minutes

Okay this is the icky part. I ate for lunch 2 pieces of the sourdough bread and the rest (which ironically was 1 cup) of the spaghetti with meat sauce (apparently they give you very little meat sauce) BUT I felt like CRAP after for about five hours. I mean REALLY achy and dog tired. I guess that's a carb overload or something which is something I've read about but NEVER experienced. I mean totally WIPED and almost flulike. My husband swears he gets this everytime he eats too many carbohydrates. I'm writing it down because I want to remember next time I do that to NOT do that. I don't know if it was because Wednesday night I didn't feel this. I don't know if it is because it was around 7 p.m. OR because I had the calamari beforehand which was fat (fried) and protein (squid) to balance it more? Whatever it is I did not like it.

Last edited by SerenityDiva; 08-03-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Stats from August 2nd
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #41  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I am so sore from my mountain hike yesterday. I can hardly move...LOL.

I'm having a tough time right now, I'm sure most of you got that already, so not sure when and how consistent I will be on here. I appreciate all your support, it means a lot to me.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day. Welcome new comers! I wish I had more in me to post. Soon, hopefully. Take care.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #42  

Hi everybody

I have missed a few days posting as I have had a bit of a crazy week - but have been reading through the posts.
Diana and someone else ItsMyTurn I think asked about how my teaching experience went where I was teaching a student behind a mirror where a group of about 14 teachers were oberving.. Pretty stressful! But now over - thank goodness. It had an added stressor that the sound system wasn't working so I had to bring the student into the other room and have everyone around him! Must have been hard for him too with no previous warning as I had only told him we were going to another school -- not that he would be observed. Anyhow we both got through it

I have lost a total of 0.8 kgs over the last three weeks - with ups and downs. NOt much - so I need to look at something in my food plans.
I am adding things that I don't account for -- as in last night "the man" was at my place and he had something to celebrate so we got out a bottle of wine. I had my planned meal - but also had two glasses of wine and then ate some of the cheese and dip that he had out. I kept justifying that it was only a little -- but that is enough isn't it I did get to gym yesterday and am increasing my jog/walks which is a plus

Misti - Well done on your weight loss. I am thinking of maybe joining you on your virtual walk - by adding up my walk/jogs. I just need to think of a destination

ItsMyTurn / Diana Great workouts guys.

Campana/ PinkPendant Wecome and All the Best on your journey

Have a great day everybody
CyberCrystal
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #43  

Just tried to add a few more personals and lost them ! Aaah

Anyhow here goes again

Diana -- I didn't realise that you had been over 400 pounds -- an amazing effort to keep it off. Well done you

Mamakat - Well done with the hike. I love bushwalking myself too and don't get time to do enough of it

SerenityDiva - Well done with the exercise

KatieKish - No need to feel guilty about looking after yourself - Unforunately it is something that can happen to us

Misti - All the best with reaching your goals - and with the potential surgery. I know someone who had that done and it made an amazing difference to their life.

I may have missed someone -- but have run out of time now after losing it before.
All the best everyone
CyberCrystal
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #44  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I'll explain the close to 400 pounds. When I was in high school I weighed about 240 pounds. I lost 100 pounds. I think I was actually between 135-140 pounds after that. When I got married I gained a lot of weight. I found out that I was hypothyroid. I started taking medicine for it. The scale in the Dr's office wouldn't weigh me. I had lost some weight and joined a gym. They had a program for overweight people called Project HOPE (Helping Overweight People Exercise). I was able to weigh at the gym and I weighed 356 pounds. Remember, I had already lost some weight, although I don't know how much. So, that's why I say, I was almost 400 pounds. I guess that's close enough. That time I lost down to about 220 pounds. Then my Dad became sick with cancer. I focused on him and his treatment. I started gaining weight again and my thyroid meds were off. I gained up to 292 that time. I went to a new Dr., who adjusted my meds again. And here we are. So, as you can see, I can lose weight, I just cannot maintain. I am back to working on that again. Hopefully I will be successful this time.

Itsmyturn Are you familiar with the bonus workouts? Is it the weight lifting and the athletic/sports training DVD's? If so, I have those. My workouts came from a friend, so I am not completely familiar with them. Did you get those, too? Let me tell you . . . . the second month is going to get really ugly! I did one of those workouts tonight. Ugly, I tell you!

Misti I have some pictures of me at the higher weight. I have one displayed in the living room. Also, I have one that was taken of DH and I for an article in the newspaper about our business. Why oh why does the worst pictures get put in the newspaper for the whole world to see? Good job on the 2 pounds!

Katiekish Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Serenity Find that patience and keep working your plan. You will get there before you know it. It took me 3 years and 4 months to get to goal this time. It took a while, but I got there.

Mamakat Come check in whenever you get a chance. We understand. Sending good vibes and thoughts your way. I hope the DOMS (soreness) eases up for you.

Crystal Good job on getting through the observation. I'm sure you did well. I find that type of stuff very stressful.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #45  
Trying to live below 200

Calories Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories