Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #136  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Stacy I buy cartons of egg whites. It's so much easier than separating them out and not know what to do with them etc. (ok, I'm lazy! it's easier to pour them out of the carton. ) I didn't realize that you were teaching a spinning class! That's fantastic! I have yet to take a spinning class, but I am interested. Good job sticking with your plan!

Itsmyturn I had to do them too, when I was trying to describe them. I wish the whole class was doing the same thing instead of some doing one move and the others doing something else. I noticed something that these workouts are lacking, upper body stretching. Today's workout included push ups and tricep work. We don't do any upper body stretches. I make sure that I do them on my own, though. I know your were tired this morning. Were you able to get a workout in tonight?

Devnet Good job in having the chocolate milk in moderation.

Misti Great job listening to your body by doing a gentle workout.

Linda Good job on your menu.

Crystal HI

Mamakat If you don't tell about my grays, I won't tell about yours. I'm 100% gray and have been for many years. Well, now, it sounds like you are turning into a hottie. You have done a fantastic job and have a lot to be proud of. Enjoy those calls from the young men.

Campana Great job on the 2 pounds. Hang in there! I hope things improve for you. Have a good day!

Serenity My workouts arrived from Mary, today! I will do them on Saturday/Sunday. You are so close now! I can't wait for your announcement into the 160's! Has your DH said anymore about his new diet? Is he going for it?

Shells That's kinda what I did. I didn't know the weight that I wanted to be. The last 10 pounds got rid of the lower body problem areas. Then the Dr. said that I didn't need to lose anymore, so I started working on maintenance. (still haven't figured that one out. still a work in progress. )

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-09-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #137  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1370 +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Grilled NY Strip 400 calories
6 grilled shrimp 100 calories
broccolini 100 calories

Exercise:
Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-09-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Great hearing from everyone.

Diana: Thx for letting me know about the egg white. I'll buy the cartoon tomorrow. I think it'll be a great way to save some calories and I bit healthier. I do teach spin. I have been a sub since May and they just gave me my own class for Wednesday nights. This week I subbed Monday, Tuesday, taught my class Wednesday, and subbed Thursday. I tell my classes that I wanted to teach because of my journey. The day I walked into the gym I felt so hopeless and could only do 2 minutes on the elliptical. If I can help inspire someone to change their life the way I have changed mine then I will feel accomplished. Spinning is something I love so much but for so long I thought it was out of reach for me... but it isn't. You can do it. Everyone can do it!

Serenity: If DH needs to do this then I think it is great! I am more heavy on protein but I eat fewer calories during the day and end with a big meal. Part of my weight problem has always been late night snacking so I have found that eating that big dinner can help me overcome that.

My legs are shot and I am so tired. Can't wait to hear about everyone progress tomorrow. Thank you so much for being here.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the lovely comments, all!

Sounds like everyone's doing pretty great, congrats to everyone!
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #140  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello everyone

It's wonderful to see so many of you checking in today. Keep up the good work.

My weight was still 262 this morning but I'll get it going again!!

Tonight was a community dinner at church for which I am a table host so I came up with a way to still enjoy it without overeating.

When I got home from work I was really hungry so ate a small bowl of my mega-slaw stuff

Will start with AM - Tonic Alchemy in grapefruit juice with lime crystal

Breakfast
1/2 cup (measured dry) Irish oatmeal
fresh raspberries

Snack
6 carrot sticks
4 chunks fresh pineapple

Lunch
3-oz tuna packet
6 bagel crisps

Snack
6 carrot sticks

Pre-Dinner - small bowl of mega-veggie slaw

Dinner
2 small pieces watermelon
the meat, salsa, etc., small amount sour cream, out of my taco salad (church meal)
about 3 chips from the taco salad (left the rest of them)
coffee with milk

Oops had to edit to add in that I ate 6 small rice crackers at 9:30 PM. Bad, bad me since I try not to eat anything at night but still not such a big deal.

So far no workout but may do a few weight balls/bands.

ItsMyTurn, yes I do have plans for my long weekend! I have a special B&B that I love on Whidbey Island and have become close friend with the innkeepers and staff. So I am going there for the weekend. It is also the local arts festival so it will be a fun, busy weekend.

There is a wonderful 15' deep pool on Whidbey Island that opens at 6 AM so I am leaving home around 4 AM and taking the first ferry, to be at the pool by around 6:30 for a good long workout!!! Can't wait!!

Edited to add: 15 minutes of weight balls/bands

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 08-10-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #141  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1370 +
Weigh In: 149
Down: .2

Stacy I also, wanted to tell you that I don't get the regular egg beaters. I get the plain egg whites. They have less additives and sodium. In fact, I buy the Whole Foods Organic brand. Here, they are the same price as the regular brand of egg whites. I consider it a steal to be getting the organic product for the same price. I will buy multiple cartons at one time.

Devnet Hi

Misti Your weekend getaway sounds fun. I can't wait to hear about it when you get back. Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #142  

Good morning, everyone!

I'm off to Whidbey in a few minutes. I'll have Internet connection but won't have access to scales so hopefully it will go down a bit next time I weigh. It was down one this morning, yay. I like my ticker icon being on the right side of the page, LOL. And I really want under that "10" mark to be in the 250s

Stay on track, everyone. We can do this!!! Wishing all of you a super day.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 08-10-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #143  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday I did yoga for 54 mins. After taking a shower and hanging out in my room, I decided to go for a 3 miles walk, skipping the boardwalk. So I got in 1hr and 54mins of working out. Not bad Today is errands as tomorrow is my 19th anniversary where DH is surprising me with a day full of things to do (just us). I plan to go off plan tomorrow, but still no gluten (I promise). DD is baking me (us) a gluten free cake today. Not sure what I'll actually eat tomorrow, but I know what I want...rolls with garlic, rosemary oil No! I promised.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Mamakat and Diana my first grays? Graduation from high school. You can see them in the photo. But really they were the only few (maybe 5?) that I had until I turned 42 then I noticed more. My real hair color? I don't remember....

My husband is going to the mexican market this weekend (because they have more choices of meat). Basically he's REALLY stoked and I think he's following this caveman dude's diet from his website, the caverman or something. I don't remember. Anyway it's a rehash of Ori someone (Hoffsomething?) diet, the warrior diet, from the early 2000s. I read it after my youngest was born. It's nuts, fruits, and veggies during the day with water only. He can do that. No processed food...that's going to be hard for him. The big meal will be at night. The problem we have now is he "forgets" to eat so by the time he comes him, he's a jerk if he's hungry, starving, and yes we all know stoke that fire so you are not ravenous...but he doesn't "get" it and he's nearly 40 (I married a younger man lol). Anyway he's planning on one cheat MEAL a week maybe two (like one with work people at lunch and one with me on the weekend, although we have only gone out to eat about every other week since I started). He claims he's going to keep that meal PORTION CONTROLLED which means we'll be splitting it or he'll have leftovers, which is fine because with two boys (11 and 20 as my daughter won't eat other people's leftovers) it'll be gone anyway. I asked what he was doing for exercise, his nemesis. He doesn't know, except for cardio. His new job has a well equipped gym, showers, and lockers downstairs so he says he'll do it. Now back around 1997-99 he did that when his old job had all that (that's when his old job was good--then they started taking away things like the gym, the gas station on campus, benefits...you know the usual stuff to keep a profit, cutting salaries to an average of 20% less each...ha ha I can laugh NOW). Anyway we'll see. Stacy I'm going to use your story as an example to him about snacking. I won a "free" DNA diet analysis (I am not 100% convinced "DNA analysis" is something that works for diets) but anyway it was free. It suggested more protein for me, so I really try to aim for more than I used to eat obviously. Fortunately, I love protein sources. Unfortunately, the frozen entrees are not always the best option. I figure once I get down weight wise, just like before with the kids, I'll tweak it.

Diana keep me posted on the workout reviews And I love greek yogurt. It's not supposed to be on the "diet" I'm on, but I find it's almost enough to replace a "shake" as far as protein/carb/fat ratios so I use it. I love Oikos and Chobani best.

Stacy do you teach fitness? I'm new so I am not 100% sure LOL.

Misti sounds like you're doing good food wise (rice crackers aside) and work out wise. WTG! Have fun this weekend.

I recently read something, which I'm sure most of you know, is don't make junk food an option. If you free up your mind by already knowing what you can and won't eat, you can have that space for something else. The author wrote it much better, but that's the gist. It hit home when I read it.

Woot NINETEEN YEARS! Happy early anniversary Mamakat.

Today is going to be busy.

Thursday, August 9th data:

Calories 1287 (not on purpose, just not that hungry)
Yoga 55 minutes
Cardio/cycling 25 minutes
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #145  

Exclamation

Devmet, I often wish 3FC had a "like" thing to click on to show support for someone who makes a posting. I "like" what you had to say. Sorry times are stressful for you. That chocolate milk was probably such a comfort. Chocolate makes me happy and milk is comforting, but staying with only 4 oz and measuring it, at a stressful time, shows that you are really making this work and staying in control. Good for you. I hope things get better.

Misti, Tonic Alchemy sounds interesting. How many calories are in it, though? Do you count is as a food choice? I'll look for it the next time I am in a health food type of store, which is not often as the one in my town closed, sadly. I hope you get the surgery and feel better. My 21 year old daughter is a 42DD and I think she will begin to have back troubles at some point. She's actually proud of her "gift" but I think it may end up hurting her at some point.

I struggle with being good/being "on plan". I get hungry and my will power struggles. Yesterday, I had a morning meeting and didn't do a workout and usually on a day without a workout of some kind, I can't possible stay within my goals. I need to buy extra food with my exercise. I did housework, though, and counted that as exercise. I kind of felt like I was cheating to do that, though. Do you all count cleaning activities as exercise?

So, here is my yesterday:

Breakfast:

Lite Wheat English Muffin 100C
Buttery Spray 0C
Grape Jelly 50C
Apple 87C
Cheddar cheese slice 80C
Total: 317

Lunch (yesterday morning's omelette was so good, decided to repeat it for lunch today)
4 oz Vegetarian sausage (my it is good and tastes like the real thing to me) 120C
Egg whites (from carton) 1/4 C 25C
egg 72C
Spinach 1/8 C 1C
Chopped tomato 2T 6C
Feta Cheese 1/4C 99C
Total 322

Dinner:

3/4 Baked Potato (was really thankful that my potato actually had a bad end inside it and I had to cut it off, I would have eaten the whole thing).
211C
Green Beans 3/4C 26C
Soft Margarine 45C
Turkey Breast 165C (was going to have ham steak last night but reconsidered and had leftover turkey cutlet from the other night in order to juggle the calories around a bit. I wanted the ham, but when I realized I'd spend an extra 100 calories that I didn't have, I reconsidered)
1 cup 1% milk 102C
Total 549

Snacks:
Quakes, 13 pieces 120C
Banana 105C
Pretzel, Nibbles 6 49C
Pudding chocolate low fat 94C
Total 368

Exercise/activity

House Cleaning 75 min 201C (a total from doing laundry, cleaing a bathroom and a few other things)

Total for the day Net 1365
It shows I was under by 44, but I question that. I think I was truly over as I feel I shouldn't have counted the housework as my exercise.

Feeling concerned… It's Friday night and the weekends usually mean alcohol for me. I do like to have a glass or two of wine on the weekends before and during dinner. Not sure I have the calories to make it work… But, I so look forward to relaxing with a glass of wine. It enhances my weekend time, I have to admit. Wondering if I'll blow it? Save the calories and make it work? Exercise a bit extra so I can have the calories for it? Go over on my calories and hope that being truly well behaved on the weekdays will make up for a bit extra on weekends?
When I was going to Weight Watchers I had "flex points" or whatever they call them nowadays (points plus)? And I would save up those extra things and have my wine and have a nice dessert or bread/butter if we went out to dinner. Being truly perfect on plan all week would give me the extra points for my weekend indulgences. Here is a big self examination "BUT" here… I was not losing weight on WW, I was maintaining at and was at least 20 – 30 pounds, realistically, over where I wanted to maintain at. When I denied myself those special treats, I felt angry and deprived and blew it all. Then, I would come crawling back to Weight Watchers yet another time with my head down and feeling remorseful. I never got lectures from them, they happily took my $12 per meeting and "encouraged" me.
Right now, I am trying something different here, it's for me and it's not someone else weighing me and telling me "it's OK" if I had a slight gain or didn't lose at all or even gained, that I was "working the program" and it would eventually work. Well, after years of doing this and seeing my weight creeping up one more pound at a time, I have kind of given up on WW as I obviously cheat their program and manipulate it so that I can still indulge in my bad habits. Is having a glass or two of wine so awful? Can I work it in with my day? Can I finally put a stop to my ignoring any plan I am on when we eat out? I have to grow up and face facts if I am ever going to get down to a healthy weight and make those clothes fit me again.
I have about two trash bags of clothes that are ready to donate to charity as they have not fit me in ages. I like those clothes and they used to fit me, though some are now very out of style. I keep hanging back when it comes to admitting defeat and dropping the stuff off. Will a day ever come when I get to open those bags, smile and put on some very out of style articles of clothing and maybe wear them just to make myself feel good? I might look very out of style, but boy would it be a "high" to wear that 1980s suit with the shoulder pads just once and not have it so tight I cannot breath. I could wear it in the house, maybe?
I have size 8, 10, 12 and 14 clothes. I have sm., med and now large shirts here too. It's sad for me to look at stuff that used to fit me and look nice, so putting it in trash bags was my answer so that the closet only had stuff that would fit. But, those clothes are there "talking to me" and scolding me. I also keep getting stains on my belly when I eat. A drip that used to fall onto the napkin on my lap now falls on my belly as it sticks out too much. How embarrassing is that?
Time to straighten up and fly right.
Sorry for this rant, but I truly NEED to get it off my chest and I truly NEED to find a way, this way, for me to lick this (no pun intended) and get this weight off.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #146  

mamakat awesome work with the workout! You are rocking!!! Congratulations on the anniversary.

Misti Great job with the weight loss. Its true your ticker is getting to the right side of the screen. What is your final goal? I see the ticker on the bottom at 230 I know you can do more than that...

Serenity Your hubby is dieting with you awesome! I know it is easier for one to keep on track when they are also dieting with us. The only thing I hate is that men loose the pounds faster! Ughh

derrydaughter I have the same issue. I like my few drink during the weekend. I personally have decided to quit for now! I will get a few drink after I have lost 20 lbs. But I already told myself I would need to prepare myself the week before I eat. And what I mean by prepare I mean I need to eat very healthy and plenty of water. I am going to a concert today and well I have decided NOT to drink so I guess you can also do it. Good luck!

Everyone else Hello great to see you all posting.

Lets all make it a great day!!

So yesterday I ended up doing only 1/2 hour walk. I had plans and was going to be busy helping an aunt of mine. My calorie intake was 1180 and I drank 3 lts of water. The results were great in the scale. I lost another pound!! So its official I have lost my first 5 lbs!! Yay for me
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #147  

Hi all

Looks like some good posts today.

I did an hour and a half in the pool. When I got there, water volleyball was starting so joined in a fun time of that.

LOL Serenity, I won't even ask you what in the world you think is wrong with rice crackers. I guess I will add that I am most definitely not a follower of the latest food fads and diet ideas, etc. but choose my own healthful food. They *are* a processed food, which I tend to avoid, but do make a few exceptions such as crackers, bagel chips, etc. I most assuredly did not get fat from eating 6 rice crackers.

derrydaughter, Tonic Alchemy has 30 calories per serving, and no I don't "count it as a food choice" because I am not on weight watchers or any other diet. Nothing against diets if they work for people but personally I don't believe in them, but rather just eating healthful foods and exercising. So I don't know how it would count toward someone's diet restrictions.

Campana, I have shared in the past why my ticker goal says 230 but yes that is of course a temporary goal. That is what I have to "hit" before I can go back to the surgeon, to lower the risk sufficiently. No, I certainly don't plan to stop there LOL. I had a line in the signature saying more but it was close to the red so deleted that and the cheerleaders.

More later... everyone have a super rest of the day

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 08-10-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #148  

LOL Misti I misread your post! I thought you were getting upset with yourself over eating them. My bad. I like them and OMG my stepmom introduced me to almond crackers...soooo good!

Derrydaughter I have done that and I just try to remember I'm cheating myself. I think your awareness of it is half the battle.

Also DH is doing a different diet than me for some of it, but I'm just thrilled he's doing something. Ironically I had lunch with a friend today who does a paleo diet and she's done it pretty much since I've known her (10 years but we only see each other a few times it seems). She look great! She had twins and lost all her weight, 50-60 lbs, with that WOE and ironically it's the same amount she lost when she first started having to lose weight, before kids...college 15 was a lot more. Anyway I told DH and so now he's more psyched.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #149  

LOL oh NOW I get it. No I was unhappy with myself for eating at 9:30 PM I will have to check out almond crackers... they sound yummy!!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #150  

They are! They aren't super caloric either. I've had the ranch, smoked and I think pecan flavored..which was funny because I remember thinking pecan almonds? I think Blue Diamond makes them.