Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #181  

Hi everybody

Just putting in my plan for the day.
Breakfast -- cereal and milk
lunch -- tuna roll
dinner- dahl rice and vegetables

snacks - fruit and yoghurt

Exercise -- I have a professional learning activity after the school day finishes and then choir... hoping to fit in a walk in between as there is a nice park to walk around near where I have my choir ( weather permitting )

I am committing to staying away from any snacking and nibbling - at recess and choir supper. I will take my own healthy snacks to both.

Misti - I have updated my vitual walk -- but no photos as yet. I meant to get onto it on the weekend but had a very busy weekend with the in-laws.

Hope all is well with everybody,
CyberCrystal
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 217/213.2/150

Height: 5' 8.5"

Thanks for the welcome Diana,

It sounds like you have some really great things going on in the exercise department! Do you do workouts on DVD? (or maybe you take classes at a gym?) If you are using DVDs can you recommend some of your favorites? Feel free to point me to other posts if you have talked about this before, I'm new and interested.

Exercise is something that I will really have to work to incorporate and would love some tried and true recommendations of things to sample. I think I could do DVDs at home!

Thanks in advance for the tips.
HSMomGoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #183  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Crystal It sounds like you had a tight schedule today. Did you get that walk in?

HSMomGoingDown Yes, I workout to DVD's. DH and I are self-employed. I workout in my office when I can see that no one will be coming in for a bit. There's always the times that customers sneak in on me while I'm working out. That can get quite interesting. Here's a great site for exercise videos: http://www.collagevideo.com/main.aspx You can watch video clips and read reviews before you purchase. You can do a search based on what you are wanting to do and your fitness level.

Here is what comes up with weight loss, and then you can click on level on the line of Refine By http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise...&levelshow=yes You can also choose from strength workouts, etc.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #184  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken 400 calories
steamed broccoli 200 calories
apple 100 calories

Exercise:
Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit (damned near killed me )
Old 08-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #185  

Here's what I ate today.... I'm back at the fasting for Ramadan (we don't fast during TTOM which I just finished, so today was the first day back at it!)

Breakfast - 359 calories
Oatmeal - 3/4 cup dry - 225 calories
Frozen Pineapple Tidbits - 1 cup - 88 calories
Sugar - 1 Tb - 46 calories

Dinner - 294 calories
Seedless Dates - 1 - 12 calories
Chicken Corn Soup (chicken breast meat, corn, egg, cornstarch) - 1.5 cups - 69 calories
Chicken Salad (chicken breast meat, pickles, green onions, grapes, chopped broccoli slaw, fat-free greek yogurt, salt, pepper) - 1 cup - 143 calories
Honey Wheat Bread - 1 piece - 70 calories

Snacks - 220 calories
Pineapple Greek Yogurt - chobani 1 container - 160 calories
Sugar Free Cherry Luigi's Italian Ice - 1 container - 60 calories

Total for the Day - 873 calories

It's tough to eat more when fasting because you get full so quickly, but Ramadan ends in about 5 days, so then I should have more normal food days. I'm loving MyFitnessPal for recording all the food, especially because you can see other nutrients than those that one would usually focus on.

Anyone have any good tips for getting in the Potassium (other than Bananas)? I'm finding it hard to come anywhere near what I should be eating regarding Potassium. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #186  
ion
go go go!

Height: 5'2"

for accountability i like to print out seinfeld calendars. i put a big green check mark on the days i do well--staying around 1300 max net calories for the day--and a red X on the days i mess up.

“after a few days you’ll have a chain. Just keep at it and the chain will grow longer every day. You’ll like seeing that chain, especially when you get a few weeks under your belt. Your only job next is to not break the chain.”

seeing a nice long streak of green check marks does feel good!

anyway, for today--
calories: 1364
exercise: 40 mins 2 mph, 25 mins 3 mph
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #187  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - Motivation or not, YOU DID IT!!!! Great job!!! I am so proud of us for hanging in even on those days where "dig deep" sounds like "massacre your body" Tonight was the 2nd Fit test for us. As pathetic as the results might be compared to other people, I am still proud that I improved so going to post
Switch Kicks 57/58
Power Jacks 31/45
Power Knees 80/104
Power Jumps 15/35
Globe Jumps 5/8
Suicide Jumps 5/8
Push-up Jacks 12/15
Low Plank Oblique 35/54
And in 2 more weeks I wanna see those numbers go UP
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #188  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am out of bed, upright, and drinking coffee, but I still feel asleep!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 148.6
Down: .4

Ion Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Itsmyturn You improved a lot! Not pathetic at all! Great job!

HSMomGoingDown About potassium rich foods: http://www.livestrong.com/article/26...ith-potassium/
http://www.livestrong.com/article/53...ain-potassium/
There are also more links on the right side of those pages that you can look at.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #189  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - I have had days like that. You will hopefully perk up later

So today was measurement day. It has been 2 weeks since I started Insanity and before I started I was on a plateau for weight AND measurements. It is safe to say, that has totally been banished. Waist -3.5", Hips -2", Chest -4.5", Arms -.7" each. Holy crap! That is 11.4" total in just 2 dang weeks! I likey!!
I am staying off the scale, so no idea if that has changed... waiting until monthly weigh ins during this, so will know in 2 weeks

Last edited by ItsMyTurn; 08-14-2012 at 07:44 AM.
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #190  

Been absent for a few days, but I have still been tracking.
I kind of blew it on Saturday, but I still tracked everything and felt good that tracking made me better behaved that I would have been in the past. Sunday evening, was bad. I blew it completely and allowed my non-dieting family members to influence me.

I'm just going to summarize the last few days and type out yesterday's info... it would be too much for me to try catching up.

Saturday: Allowed 1399 calories, consumed 1675. I did NOT exercise, which was truly my downfall. I used 276 calories more than I should have.

Sunday: I neglected to log in dinner that evening and I just did it now. I had no idea how many calories were in Papa Ginos Mozarella sticks. I wouldn't have eaten them if I had looked them up before. So, 2 of them equal 1900 calories. Really? Yikes. So, let's suffice to say that I ate 2804 calories in the day, I exercised and earned only 151.

No wonder my weight was up yesterday from where I was on Friday. Live and learn and I shall try harder, do better and this one learning experience with the mozarella sticks was a shocker for me. They are off the list... and there are leftovers in the refrigerator that I will not be eating. Wow.

Monday/Yesterday:

Total food budget 1399

Breakfast:

Greak low fat yogurt, 2 oz. 68C
2 slices light wheat bread 80C
soft margarine 1 T 102
Apple 95C
Milk 1% (used in coffee or tea during the day) 13C
total for breakfast 357

Lunch:
Salad with turkey, ham, parmesan, olive oil, balsamic
Turkey 60C, Ham 90C, Cheese 40C, oil 80C, balsamic 5C
2 slices wheat bread 80C
Total for lunch 377C

Dinner:
Lite wheat hamburger roll 100C
90% lean hamburger patty 169C
1/8 cup potato salad 45
cheese for burger 60C
summer squash 24C
yogurt spread 45C

Dinner 443C

Snacks:
Banana 105C
Ice cream sandwich 170C

Exercise:
Treadmill walking 101C
Shopping, including groceries 193C (lots of errands and was on my feet about 2 1/2 hours)

Total for the day:
Allowed 1399
food: 1452
exercise: 294
Net: 1158

Last edited by derrydaughter; 08-14-2012 at 08:38 AM.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #191  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

ItsMyTurn DAM!!!!!! That's amazing! For a split second and I mean a split second, I considered Insanity. Then of course I thought of my MD and all that insane thinking went right away. Congrats Girl! That's awesome.

Diana I already knew you did your exercise at work and I knew that you'd been seen by customers before, but I still laughed and blushed reading that again. Have you gotten comments from them over the years about your change or just razzing? My DH posted pics from last years trip into NYC (to Colbert) and everyone now is posting back at how amazing he looks, but not one person commented on me I know I've changed...I want a comment once in awhile...I'm so shallow.

Berry Welcome back, so glad you had a great time. Did your MIL go with you? Do you have family in Croatia? Can't wait to see the pics.

Ion Welcome to check-in.

HSMOM Welcome to check-in.

DH hurt his back 2 weeks ago and had to go to PT. He got a sheet of core strengthening exercises that I do a lot. I told I've been telling him for years to do those types of exercises after he asked why hadn't I said something sooner. He never listens to me until a professional tells him something. I told him I'd do them with him if he wanted and even suggested a few more that would help. He immediately said his PT didn't say to do more. He's so readable. I told him to call her up and ask and I bet she'd say YES do them. I know he won't. Years, I've told this man he needs to strengthen the core, but who am I (not a professional)

Today is laundry day and a free day from New Haven. It's been wonderful not to have to go. Next week reality will come back into vision. DH heads off to AZ on Wed. for the rest of the week. School is back in session in two. Soon I will get my house back to myself...yay.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #192  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning all! Weight is still slowly coming down. Down another half pound today. I "think" I might be about to ovulate too - or just have. In that case, a few more pounds will fall off in a few days.

My cycle has been alllll messed up and I don't know if it's menopause or the new thyroid dosage. Last month, for the first time ever besides during pregnancy and early post pregnancy, I didn't get my period. Made vacation easier, but now I have NO idea about my cycle except from other signals. We'll see I guess!

Eating was tough yesterday. I stuck with it, but I think with jet lag, I'm fighting when I'm hungry even more than usually. I ate breakfast, a second breakfast and lunch all by 10:30 am yesterday. Then I had a light snack at 3 and finally ate dinner at 4:30. NO WAY i could make it to when the rest of the family ate dinner at 6:30/7 pm. Calories were fine for the day, but man was I fighting the hungries all morning and early afternoon.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #193  

I have decided to do a morning weigh in for kicks because
I won't be able to wait for a whole week to do a check
(I'm so impatient!). I am not logging them in my MFP app,
but I'll post them here.

This morning it was 215.0!! I'm taking that with a grain of
salt because fasting makes my water balance all wonky, but
still... I haven't seen 215s in a long time... If I can
ride the motivation wave over the long term this is going
to be fun.

ItsMyTurn Your Fit test looks pretty good to me. I don't
even know what all those jumps are, but doing any number of
something called a "suicide jump" has got to be good! And
all those inches lost, WOW! Pretty impressive, way to go.
When I get past the beginner exercise stage I'm going to look
into this insanity that you guys are having such great results
with!

Diana - Thanks for the link to the potassium rich foods. I'll
have to start incorporating more to see if I can reach my
potassium goals. Congrats on doing your workouts with
clients walking in on you, I'm definitely not that brave!

DerryDaughter - Shocker about the Mozarella sticks. How can
that be possible? 1900 in 2! It just seems like there couldn't
be that much material in there to get that many calories? Regardless,
good heads up on that. Way to get back on track Monday though,
your meals look great! I love seeing everyone's meals. And you live
in NH, we LOVE the white mountains! We try to go in the early
fall and I really hope we make it up there this year. Maybe I
can be fitter and healthier for the trip, that's a goal to work
for.

Mamakat - Another New Englander, I'm jealous of y'all. Bummer
about your DH getting all the positive feedback and none for
you. Just go look in the mirror and you should get a smile, I'm
in awe of you folks with so much loss, you are inspiring newbies
like me.

BerryBlondeBoys - Congrats on the continued down trend. Jet lag
is the worst, and it's so hard to get back on schedule when your
body is confused about when to eat. I look forward to hearing more
about Croatia. The Croatian embassy in DC recently had an open
house and I got lots of pamphlets with beautiful pictures in them.
I had no idea how pretty parts of it are, so I bet you had a great
trip.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Hi Melissa. Your trip sounds fantastic! It's nice to "meet" you. I hope your jet lags abates soon and you feel more yourself. Hormones suck. I've been on bioidentical hormones for I think 3 years now and they have helped a lot (fortunately my thyroid and other things are fine knock on wood) but still...I literally feel ravenous for about 48 hours around my TTOM and moody...although that's a lot better than it was. I especially love having acne AND wrinkles LOL.

HSMom I do think the new technology helps. I resisted getting a smart phone for well I got it last August so years...anyway I like logging and most people don't even notice because they figure I'm checking messages or something. I am not around a lot of very supportive people as far as weight loss. Most of them don't want to try or are already naturally slim (genetically gifted) who eat whatever they want. I'm not saying that's fair or unfair as far as the slim friends of mine, it just is what it is. Also as far as eating less, for *me* my stomach adjusts. I mean now sometimes I have a hard time finishing my meal and salad because I'm so darn full (my trick is eat the veggies first and then I'm generally full but I need some protein so I eat the entree).

ItsMyTurn that's wild! I have to get my daughter to do that. She's a stick, but her posture is HORRIBLE and she's got a very long torso which *I* think in the future will lead to problems with her back if she doesn't improve it. She did ask me for some of my Tae Bo DVDs last week so I figure heck if it helps her (she doesn't want to do it with me) I'm happy. I told her just go in the room and get what she thinks. I have a small...ha ha...DVD issue. I counted once and stopped when I got to 400 workouts...and I've gotten rid of so many. But I guess it's a healthy hobby. I think she's also interested in those Tara Stiles Yoga workouts I have (never done that's how bad my habit is) because Tara's got a similar body type and from what I see similar personality as her.

Campana on the 6 pounds! I'm happy for you!!!!

CyberCrystal you're smart to plan ahead. I posted about DH starting his plan and he can't shop when he's not hungry. So I told him you NEED to do this that way you will not grab junk food (which is what he will do). He really has a hard time planning ahead and I said "well you have to decide what you want then because I can't do it for you." Ultimately he got apples, grapes, a watermelon (which I told him we had no room for groan), cheesesticks and raw almonds. Yesterday was his first day and he said "you're right...it was easier because the food was there." LOL if he would just listen to me the first time Mamakat sounds like our husbands are similar. I know my FIL had the same exercises MIL told him to do for years given to him by a doctor for his neck pain (he was hit in the head by a bulldozer..and then told no one outside of work for A YEAR--men they make you wonder sometimes).

Ion what a cool idea! Thanks for sharing. I like not breaking the chain.

Woot Diana! You rocked it!

Linda in my opinion tracking is the most important thing. I'm also writing down how I feel, physically and emotionally, so that when I see a trend I can stop it. Like yesterday I was starving and ate TWO Smart Ones Sundaes which are not on plan (I try to have one every other day to quench my sweet tooth). Today I decided I'm adding more fruit to breakfast because the other time I almost ate the sundaes (I didn't but same feelings physically) was a day without fruit in the morning. So I caught the trend and hopefully this will fix it. I don't think anyone, or most people anyway, do their diet 100% perfectly 100% of the time according to the plan...I think we all have to tweak it and fix it to work for us BUT without making excuses to stop it. It's a neat journey I think.

Like I mentioned above yesterday I was super hungry, so today I started with more fruit at breakfast and we'll see what happens. Otherwise, same ole' same ole'

Calories 1597
Yoga 55 minutes
Cardio/cycling 25 minutes. I think I am going to wait to change the tension on the bike as my right hip and left knee are still wonky and last time I went too fast into it, I ended up screwing up my body for months. Even if it takes longer to lose weight, I don't care as long as it's a downward trend.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #195  

Hi everybody

Just logging on quickly at my morning tea break.

Diana Thanks .... No I didn't get the walk in. Unfortunately-- it was very cold and started pouring just at the time that I could have done it But I did get up early this morning and go to gym where I did an hour of cardio so I am feeling pumped at the moment.

SerenityDiva - Thanks for the encouragement .. I have packed healthy snacks today as well as my day is pretty packed too and I am easily tempted to nibble on the wrong foods

I hope everybody does well today with their food and exercise goals-
Take care

CyberCrystal
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote