Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

Kassie, I compeletely understand where you are coming from (as do most people). It seems like we are hooving around the same area and lost around the same amount. It is an awful feeling when you look in the mirror and can't acknowledge the changes because you still have so far to go. I think of this as my "mental" weight. It isn't there anymore but I have carried the extra weight around for so long it is still there and I feel...well...a little hopeless.

How do I get over this hurdle?

I remember Lance Armstrong "“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. That surrender, even the smallest act of giving up, stays with me. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with?”

Do I want to live with being obese or do I want to suffer a little longer and be the ruler of my own body. ^_^

We Got This.
SugarRomeoTango4852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #17  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Kassie. I totally understand where you are from. Actually we started in about the same place and are both just outside of Onederland. For me, the scale has been super uncooperative lately and it is so frustrating to see that number going up instead of down, when I am eating right and exercising.

But you and I both have to remember that we've lost 40#. And we'r keeping it off. And we're still working hard to get the next 40# gone.

That is a HUGE accomplishment.

And one for which we should be extremely proud. Keep up the good work. Patience and persistence and we will get to where we want to be.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote