Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 08:44 AM   #46  
Quit counting at 45!

Michele: I agree with everyone else. You are a beautiful woman and your dog isn't bad either. Keep up the good work with your weight loss. i know what you mean about headaches that won't leave. I get those monthly. I found that Motrin Super Strength is the only thing that cuts the headaches for me.

gary: I know how important it is to go to church. Just being with other believers lifts your faith. Next Sunday, I am going. How about you?

mrshummer: Don't stress about blowing it once. Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and keep going. That's what I'm doing. I think that's why I've kept 40 lbs. off for a few years now. I just don't want to get back up there again. Now I need to drop the remaining 30 lbs.

I took out fresh chicken breasts for tonight and will cook broccoli with it. Nice and healthy. I also have a salad, yogurt and an orange for my lunch today.

Have a super day!
Old 03-24-2003, 05:45 PM   #47  

Angry Hi there!

Cute doggies ladies, and Nice pic of you to Mitchy- beautiful long dark hair! Well I went to church! Pastor got more good news, his treatment Leukine is covered by insurance and after they talked to the insurance company. 3 times he can even recieve his shots at home, 1st two said no. So He is on clouds. He hasn't been scheduled for a pet test to check his leg yet, but will keep ya posted. I am fine, except not dieting very well last week, vacation and all, just gotta get back to it. But I hvae now intercepted the nice weather, and I did spring cleaning all day so that kept me occupied., Hopwe all those sickies are feeling better. I am buying a seasonal site again this year so will be camping every weekend off, and have reservation on Lake Champlain for two weeks this summer. This campground has a huge beach, its like the ocean only no salt. Big waves though. I keep our troops, and our president ect, in my prayers they need our support and committment to prayer. Hi to everyone. I ache from cleaning all day. I am off tom. and want to finish the rest of the house. I would get more r/r at work. But the house will be clean. Especially since Gary didn't show up ha ha ha! Hi to all ! luv ya's Sue
Old 03-24-2003, 06:38 PM   #48  

Hi, all,
Enjoyed reading all the notes for the week I was gone.
Wow, how have things changed from last week to this week with the War in Iraq. I am praying for out troops, especially the prisnors of war. As a Mother, I cannot imagine anything worse than seeing your child on T.V. as a prisnor of war. Saddam is an egotistical sociopath with no concience or concern for anyone but himself.
I have been so busy with work, I haven't had time to write anything, but hope that will change this week.
I am still hanging in their with 3 meals a day , and 2 snacks.
Will keep in touch,
In His Love, Claudette

170/166.5/164/161
" I can do all things through Christ who strenghens me"
Phil 4: 13
Old 03-24-2003, 07:12 PM   #49  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sherry~ so sorry to hear about your cousin. That is really awful. I have an aunt who had the surgery and although it was a very difficult recovery period, long and painful, she is doing very well now. She had been seriously obese most of her life and she is now comfortably thin, happy, and her knees aren't hurting as much.

Happy Birthday to your son, Zoe. Ooh, to be 23 again! That was a good year for me, if I could go back and stay there, i'd want to be 23!

Thanks for all the nice comments on the pic, very sweet of you all. And don't be too hard on my guy, it's not that he doesn't want to be together it's that he is so far away. He will be here in May, to help his parents after his grandma's death, and also for my graduation. You never know what will happen. I'm hoping God blesses me with him, cuz I have a feeling he may be the one.

Old 03-24-2003, 08:15 PM   #50  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry MONDAY-MONDAY

HI LADIES-- Hope all had a great week-end, sounds like every thing is running normal-- SAMI, how 'bout you?

MICHELE-- SOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSOOOOOOOORRRRRRRYYYYYYYY
About the misunderstanding with the boyfriend-- my apologies!! I read into it wrong, I am sure he is a great guy-- or so you say-- but you say you haven't been called a hottie since you were in your 20's--HELLO-- who then is in the picture with the dog? You look great for being an "old lady" Sorry that your headaches are still there-- maybe by tonight they will go away.

SHERRY-- So sorry about your cousin. It is always O.K. to go back on your "healthy lifestyle" change-- good food is the ticket-- CALORIES IN-- CALORIES OUT!! My brother is on a diet? he will eat Lean Cusine 2 nights a week, but then the next day he is eating 5 of these packaged danish treats-- each one 350 calories and 130 fat!! Doesn't make sense!!

doitformeSUE -- Wow!! such a clean house-- you are the talk of the neighborhood Take time to stretch before you go trying to kill yourself How much room you got in the tent? my family needs a 5 bed tent
Old 03-24-2003, 08:27 PM   #51  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down BACK

WILMA-- I am with you on going to church next week-- FOR SURE!!! Chicken and broccli huh-- sounds like my wife is cooking for you tonight-- hey where is she anyway? Yogurt, salad and an orange for lunch-- I am so proud of you-- now keep this up and in no time you will reach your goal.

CLAUDETTE-- Thank-you for supporting our troops-- they certainly need our prayers.

dance4joySUE Thank-you for that website!!! My whole family has someone to pray for!!

ZOE-- So your baby was 23 today-- my big boy is 22 tomorrow!! My baby will be 20 in July!! Are we old or what How is the house coming?

Well gotta check on my dinner-- it is bow tie pasta with frozen peas, onions, cheese,black forest ham chunks-- pour whipping cream on it and bake for an hour at 350 YUMMY-- and fattening-- OUCH!!

IN CHRIST--Gary
Old 03-24-2003, 09:25 PM   #52  
Quit counting at 45!

I am writing to you all tonight with really mixed emotions. I had a great day at work. Everything went well. Our new uniforms came in and I tried mine on. It was too big. I was so thrilled to be able to tell them to order me a smaller one. It's a lovely summer weight suit with either pants or skirt in a black and white blend. I'm going to have fun shopping for tops to go with it.

When I got home I noticed that my front door lock opened really easily. I opened the door and saw that the deadbolt had been smashed. Whoever came was obviously looking for money which I don't keep in the house. They ransacked my bedroom but didn't take anything. I don't have valuable jewelry either so I didn't lose there either. They left the TV. VCR and a lot of things that they may have not realized were valuable.

I'm just glad that I wasn't here when it happened and that nothing was taken. I had a company come in to fix the door and we will be definitely looking into an alarm. What a welcome to the city!

I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:01 AM   #53  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Cool

Wilma~what a shock to find someone was in your house. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you were not home at the time either.

OK, today is going to be a good food day! I'm up early, I can plan my lunch for today and I already have something good and low-carb in mind for breakfast. Have school and work today.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:27 AM   #54  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

good morning ~

Getting ready to head out the door. Greg is leaving for St. Louis this morning so my evening will be quiet. Maybe I'll get some work done around here

The house is coming along. I took more pic's but the brick is only half done so I'll wait until this coming weekend to take a pic of the outside.

Wilma ~ what a scare! We had that happen to us once, many years ago. We came home to all the lights on and the police there. My tenant who lived in a cottage in the back of us, saw someone climbing in the window and called the police. They ran away, dropping everything on the way (VCR, etc) but just seeing the drawers in my bedroom tossed all over was so sickening. It's scary but thank God no one was still there when you came home.

Michelle ~ wow, nice picture! I don't dare put one of me. Oh, I think I did once....my wedding photo from 23 yrs ago. Haha. I miight do that again.....the young me.

Gary ~ how sad for us when our "babies" are in their 20's. My oldest will be 28 on the 4th of July.... I really DO feel old. Hey, you and I are the same age....why do I feel older?????

Well, gotta run. Have a wonderful Tuesday.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:28 AM   #55  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wilma... eeek so sorry about your house breakin. That happened to me once in the Philippines so I know how scary a feeling it is!!

Gary... so glad you were able to adopt some troops to pray for!!

Good morning to all the rest of you... my prayers are with all of you today.

Sue

Sue
Old 03-25-2003, 11:36 AM   #56  

Angry Tuesday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!!

How is everyone this morning? I'm back on track so far. Yesterday I had an egg, toast and coffee for breakfast, a salad for lunch, chicken breasts, green beans, okra, and mashed potatoes with only spray butter (no calories/no fat) and an apple for a snack. Yay!!!! The only thing is I didn't get all my water in and I didn't get my milk in. *sigh* But this morning I ate cereal with raisins and milk. So, I'm trying. We got started last night on our flower bed. It's going to take about a 10 yard truck full of soil to fill it all up. We are hauling good black soil on the back of our place and mixing it with peat moss and other things then will plant and mulch. I just can't wait to get everything planted!!!! As far as live plants I need to plant (not all in the flower bed) but I have a large fuchsia azalea bush, a red oleander, yellow carolina jasmine, geraniums, pinks (dianthus), impatiens, snapdragons, canna bulbs of all colors, tiger lily bulbs, caladium bulbs, tulips, hycinths, elephant ear bulbs, peonies bulbs, and then theres all the seeds of zinnas, comos, larkspur, hollyhock, coleus, moss roses, moonflower, morning glories, cleome, etc...... Lots to do but I love gardening and look forward to seeing each sweet blossom face later this year!!!

Zoe~ Happy B'Day to your son!!! I remember 23. . . .*daydreaming*. . .yes it was a super good time then. I hope this finds your little tummy feeling better. I know you are bound to be excited about the house getting closer to being finished. Zoe is a cuty no matter what age, ya know? Are you enjoying this beautiful weather as much as I am???

Wilma~How very scarey to come home to that!!!! You be careful and observe things around you as you come home, ok? We don't want anything at all to happen to you!!!! Security system sounds wise. My mom had one and one night it went off and it turned out to be a little mouse. LOL So, word of advise, set the beams about 3-4 inches off the floor. She was so scared, she had her pistol and was ready to blow away someone. (Of course, it also happened in the middle of the night and she awoke to everything flashing and alarming!) Take care!!!! And thx for the support and encouragement.

Sue~doitforme~ I too support our President and our troops. Doesn't it make everything seem so fresh and wonderful when you do spring cleaning??? I love the after effects but not the doing it!! Ahhh!!! I LOVE camping and we go a lot during the warmer months. We don't go far unless we are on vacation but we try to go to our locate lake on the weekends I'm off (and NOT on call) and just relax. We would already be going except we are trying to get this flower bed done. I think nature is one of God's gifts to enjoy, if we don't it's our loss. Ya know?

Claudette~ Glad to hear you are doing so well on your eating. I too support our troops!!! We really need to do this!!!

Michele~ We were just saying how wonderful we think you are and think everyone should feel the same. LOL I understand about your friend. Hopefully when ya'll get together it will be God's will and it will be like a dream. Glad to hear you are planning that food. That is the ONLY way I can stay on track!!!!

Gary~ Yes, I do know this is a lifestyle change but I still have an old fashioned dh that likes the heavier foods sometimes and by evenings sometimes I don't have the strength to do something else. He likes good old country cooking like chicken fried steak and gravy, fried okra, fried fish. If I'm strong I can talk him into to us making oven fried fish which is healthy not FRIED!!! Like last night I fixed okra with black eyed peas with a little vinegar. You don't fry it but just bring it to a boil. If you boil it the okra becomes slimmy.

dance4joy~Sue~ Glad to hear from you!!! Thanks for the troop site.

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!!!! Talk atcha later!!
Old 03-25-2003, 01:15 PM   #57  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry GOOD AFTERNOON LADIES

NICE DAY IN CALIFORNIA

Took the day off since nothing was pressing at work. I am going to my daughter's tennis match at a college about 100 miles away this afternoon-- going to surprise her-- she thinks I am at work. I am showing up with honey-mustard pretzels and strawberries - so I will be a hit-- the girls will love snacks for the long ride home.

MICHELE Thanks for the message-- you are so sweet-- Mr. Washington has a great gal and I am sure he knows it!! Hope you had a great day.

WILMA-- I hope it was just kids looking for something quick to sell or money. I have never been robbed from my home but my truck has been broken into for tools-- thing is I have very expensive tools for my trade-- maybe up to $6,000.00 at a time in my truck-- the idiots take the small tool boxes with maybe $50 worth of screwdrivers, etc. It still is a violation we don't deserve!! SOOOOOOOOO get some new clothes--SKINNY

ZOE I think we feel old because we ARE I think the ticket is to just keep trying to keep going forward no matter how we feel or what is happening in our lives. I know I had a hard time moving forward in my divorce years ago and I think it probably took several years off my healtyh and life! You grow through the pains though. Hope the boy had a great B-day and liked his cake.

dance4joySUE Thanks again for the website. My son's friend called us last night from his ship in the Persian Gulf-- they are heading closer next week-- he is a little scared being 21 and all-- I told him we put up our flag when he left and he is the one to take it down-- he said he would. I think the Navy boys have a better chance in this fight being at sea-- thank God for our marine forces!! We have alot of marines in our area-- in fact the first casulties came from the two bases in my area.

SHERRY I know what you mean about having the strength to cook healthy-- it helps me out to plan ahead that is for sure. My wife REFUSES to make anything fried other than taco shells from time to time. She wins all the battles cause she has the power if you know what I mean To be honest-- since she has married me 7 years ago and my eating habits changed-- I have felt so much better! I have lost those cravings for the fatty foods and fast food stuff-- Good luck with your diet this week and always!

Well it is my son's 22 birthday so I better run and get him a card before we head to tennis-- he has 2 huge test at his college today-- was up til 3 studying and then off to school at 6:45.

IN HIS ARMS- Gary
Old 03-25-2003, 06:58 PM   #58  
Quit counting at 45!

You guys are awesome! I came home today a little leery of what I would find. Of course, nothing! I am looking forward to having DH home and I can feel a bit safer. This is supposed to be a safe neighbourhood so I was surprised that it happened. I am so thankful that they weren't in the house when I came home and that nothing happened to myself or my family. Also, I can't find anything missing so they must have been looking for cash which I don't have around the house anyway.

Thanks so much for your support. I will talk more later when I feel more up to it. Off to cook the chicken and broccoli that was forgotten in all the mess of yesterday.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:14 PM   #59  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I just had to tell you about a company and what they did. I have been receiving a free daily email devotion from the company below. I got the link through Church and knew that after a year, they ask you to pay for it, well my time is up and I cannot afford to renew although I replied and told them how much I appreciated receiving it and that when I was able to I would pay for it to receive again. Well, you know what they did?!..... They extended my membership for 6 mos. with a really nice note saying that they knew a lot of people are having a hard time. It really meant a lot to me. So I'm passing on their website if any of you are interested in receiving this 2-min. Bible reading, you can try it for 3 weeks and see if you like it.
http://www.nationalbible.com/

Wilma~I can imagine that you were a little afraid coming home tonight but I'm glad that everything was OK. I think Sherry is right though, be cautious in the next couple weeks.....just to be sure.

I just have to tell you all, as a group I am very thankful for each and everyone of you. It is really a blessing to have you all as online friends
Old 03-25-2003, 10:36 PM   #60  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry Tuesday Eve.

Hi Ladies--

Real quick here tonight-- Wilma glad all is as well as can be in the house tonight. Just gofinished with dinner-hamburgers- my daughter won her match and the team won too so it was a good trip. The team they played is ranked 15 in the nation in small college-- but our girls are still # 2 -- they won 7 to 2 in sets, but there were alot of matches that could have gone either way.

Going to watch my son's basketball game now-- since it is his birthday

PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS- Gary ( adopt a soldier to pray for- dance4joy website from the other day- if you can)
Closed Thread