Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 02:02 PM   #31  

Angry Hi guys

I am in complete support of our president. The Iraqi people have suffered so much with this regime. The un kept saying stop or else, but never followed through with the or else. I have good news pastors new treatment of injections of leukine have been approved by his insurance and He will recieve them on 2 weeks off 2 weeks. So again I thank you for your prayers.
Mitchy- Glad to hear your doing better- $ is called the root of all evil because it sometimes guides and dirrects us more than it should.
Wilma- really hope your soon feeling better- ear infections are painfull. decorating sounds like fun, and Zoe what a beautiful house, I am sure your busy.
Bucer- sorry to hear your church is closing
Gary- I think to many people in the media give there opinions and that the media pays to much attention. Who cares what they think. I feel the chicks were way out of line saying they were embarassed by our president especially in London, were we were seeking support. These anti war protestors, granted have the right to protest as that is what our country was founded on, but it should be peaceful and not interupt everyone elses life. Those destroying things or blocking traffic should be arrested.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:05 PM   #32  

mrs. hummer- you are right we should be praying for our president, and all other gov't leader for wisdom, and correct actions, and for our toops for safety. I went to legislative day and it is sad to see some of the laws that our goverment wants to get passed. Well I gotta run and do the bullitin for church, luv yas
Old 03-22-2003, 11:27 PM   #33  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello... I am encouraged to hear several of you in support of our president and troops. Thought I would let you know that not there was a wonderful "Support Our Troops" rally today in Bellevue WA (Seattle suburb) and the turnout and support was incredible! NO obscene stuff... NO interrupting traffic, etc. It was hosted by our local radio station 570 KVI -- and they lost count of how many people were there after 1500. But they had 7000 signs and ran out! People were driving up and down the streets honking, cheering and waving.

It was a wonderful show of support... I almost didn't go and was SO glad I did!!!

About a block away there were anywhere from 3 to 30 "anti-war" protestors with signs asking people to honk... no one did. Of course we shall see what the local media picks up on... am fully expecting them to "hone in" on the few protestors... but in any case it was a real encouragement to see such wonderful support.

BTW there is a great website where you can adopt a troop member to pray for... or to register one for whom you wish prayer.

http://www.presidentialprayerteam.org/troopsadoptup.htm

Sue
Old 03-23-2003, 08:37 AM   #34  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Sunday Morning friends....what a beautiful and sunny Lord's Day it is here in Texas. We have a formal affair to attend tonight and even though I have bought something to wear, before I take the tags off, I will go out again today and see if something else doesn't appear off the racks. As you can tell, I didn't go to church. <sigh> On another subject, I really need to take a step back and reassess my life. I just feel so busy lately.....

Sue ~ Thank you for your post. I too am happy to hear of someone supporting President Bush and our troops. Who wants war?????!!!!????? But what can we do?

Well, I just wanted to say good morning and tell you all that I am praying for this group, always. Have a blessed Sunday.

Here's a pic of my baby, Zoe.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:44 AM   #35  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Zoe

Awwwwwww what a sweet baby!!! Must cheer you up a lot!!

Yes, there are lots of us supporters here in Seattle area, although you won't see us on your news. We also did Operation Cookie Drop, sponsored by local radio station KVI -- with assistance of Girl Scouts, over 20,000 boxes of GS cookies were purchased and delivered to KVI, where they were turned over to USO for sending to our local troops in Iraq. PTL for all the folks at KVI who are helping us get the words of love and support out... we sure are NOT getting it through our representatives and officals!

You don't need to feel badly about missing church once in a while... hey it is people who expect so much rigidity... not God!!

It is 5:50 AM here in Seattle so I will make early church; then my Home Group meets in my home today (and this month). We go to 9 AM service and then have HG afterwards... we love it!! -- still have the afternoon (out at 12:30) and don't have to get "up and out" on another night during the busy week!

Praying that all of you have a blessed Sunday and a great week!

Sue
Old 03-23-2003, 09:00 AM   #36  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

oh, and just P.S. to my post....I gained "point 2" this week. Boo Hoo.......
Old 03-23-2003, 01:20 PM   #37  
Quit counting at 45!

Hello! I also stayed home from church this morning. With DH away I would have had to go by myself and with not having found a home church yet I didn't feel comfortable going alone. I miss it very much. DH is coming home on Tuesday and things should be more normal around here then.

I maintained my weight this week. I am doing much better though. I also feel quite a bit better too. I went to the doc. on Friday and she said my dizziness is caused by fluid build up in the ear track and sinuses. With medication it should clear up soon. It has to do with allergies.

Zoe: Your dog is so cute! I had to leave mine behind because she would never have survived the city. She is living on a farm with all the animals she loves so much. She's happy and that's what's important.

Sue: We in Canada are also praying about this war. I wish it didn't have to happen but God is in control.

Where is everyone else? Please check in with us. We need you.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:35 PM   #38  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Zoe~ .2 is nothing to worry about. You could have peed that before your weigh in! And your baby Zoe is so sweet!!!! I am a dog-person thru-and-thru. I love all animals but dogs i have to say are my favorite. They are so personal. I'm going to try to attach a pic of me and my baby Simba, too!

Sue, sounds like you had a good time at the rally. I'm glad, Seattle sounds like a nice place. But I'd be scared to go into such a big crowd like that. Too much potential for violence and craziness for me. The guy i'm crazy about lives near Everett and that sounds like a nice place too.

I am just getting out of bed. I haven't been feeling well and woke up really early with a bad headache, tried to read awhile and wake up but went back to bed. Just had some tea and something to eat. I have too much to do today, so i'm hoping to feel better soon. I too didn't make it to church.

OK, i'll try to attach our pic.....Have a wonderful Sunday!

Old 03-23-2003, 06:47 PM   #39  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry SUNDAY

WHAT IS THIS? AN EPIDEMIC?

I didn't go to church today either--- my GRAND excuse--- I asked my wife at about 5am if we were going and she said " I don't care, I guess" then I said that well, we HAVE to go every Sunday 'til Easter because we have obligations with our boards-- why don't we just skip it--- YEA, reading the paper was much more important!! I hate it when I do that-- lame excuse 'cause I am tired/lazy.

Was as busy week with my work and daughter's tennis-- she won on Sat. lost on Fri. but the team won both times. She played well-- that is always what we look at. It was cool Saturday because the teams track meet was going on too, right next to the tennis courts, my son came down with me, he had friends (mine too) that were competing in the meet from my daughter's school and some of the others---LONG DAY!! but enjoyable-- if I am at a sporting match/game I am usually a happy camper-- especially if it is high school or college!! forget the pros!!

I am saddened but still in strong support of the fight for freedom in Iraq. I hate to see anyone die for it-- and many more are-- freedom has never come cheap. It is so important to spread the good news of our Savior!! to all...

MICHELE WOW!! --you are such a HOTTIE!! that guy in Washington doesn't know what he is missing-- just yet anyway-- he'll come around-- iof he has any since!! I think your dog is cool too. I hope this finds you with your headaches gone. I am sure you have heard by now that what the dixie chicks said was-- they were embarrased that Bush was from Texas-- an apology was presented to the public-- we will forgive-- God says we have too!!

WILMA DIZZY is not good-- ear infections and sinus problems will do that to ya. I hope you find that home church soon. Keep maintaining and it will soon start falling off!
Old 03-23-2003, 06:59 PM   #40  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wink BACK AGAIN

ZOE What a cute dog-- same name as my MIL's dog-- they actually look similar. How is the brick work coming on the house? I hope you are able to move in this summer-- the pictures shows that it is close to being finished.

doitformeSue Glad to hear more good news on your Pastor-- I see as usual you are busy with something at church. Thanks for keeping up on the laws of our nation and your support of our troops. We really need people like you-- What are your camping plans for the summer?

dance4joySUE Great to see you posting!! Thank you also for your support for our troops-- and the website!! Must be nice weather in Seattle now-- a couple at my daughter's tennis match was down from Mercer Island visiting their daughter.

BUCER I try to just eat (OK--my wife says "NOT TOO HARD"-- she is always on my back ) anyway I try-- better than I used to- to just eat healthy foods. Whole grain breads, veggies and fruits--- before anything else-- then meat and dairy products. My family really tries hard to stay away from processed food-- we just add our own things to rice, potatoes, veggie sauces, etc-- no Kraft dinner, Rice-A-Roni, etc-- RARELY a frozen dinner or snack gets in our microwave.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:14 PM   #41  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Unhappy SORRY

Sorry Bucer-- my daughter called-- anyway-- I really believe-- and I also respect anyone's diets that work for them (HEALTHY of course) I really think the key is good food, not processed, exercise (what ever each one can do in their condition) and moderation in intake of calories-- calories in-calories out!! I really feel that with alot of the fad diets, even though there is an initial loss, that sooner or later the body feels deprived and then the gain comes back through unhealthy habits. That is just my own opinion-- and my wife says I don't know a thing!! Kidding.

Well I have to dig holes for more rose bushes my wife got today-- I really like color in the yard and her roses look better each year.

Also, my daughter is having alot of trouble with her I.B.S.-- irritable bowl syndrome-- if any of you have know of helpfull hints I would appreciate it.

IN CHRIST-Gary
Old 03-23-2003, 11:29 PM   #42  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Wow!

Wow, me a hottie?! I don't think I've been called that since my mid to late 20's so Gary thanks for putting a surprised smile on my face!

Afraid the headache refuses to leave me, i'm about to take some tylenol pm and hit the hay......good night all!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:32 AM   #43  

Angry Monday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

How is everyone this beutiful morning??? I have been really
OFF my diet and everything the last week. I have started over today. I am ONLY eating basic foods. NO PROCESSED ANYTHING!!!! What I mean by that is either chicken breast, fish or maybe a little beef or pork, lots of veggies, 2 cups milk or~/day, small amt of starches and more fruit. Period. I just ate a good breakfast and I'm PLANNING the rest of the day.

My oldest DD has a new boyfriend! : And he seems wonderful!!! We are all meeting for lunch today at the place I picked. Pizza Hut. (Because of their salad bar and I am allergic to yeast so NO pizza for me!! I'm excited but nervous. Does that make any sense? LOL

One of my cousins died Friday, from complications from gastric bypass surgery. Thank goodness, my insurance refused to pay for mine back in November, or it could have been me. She had several things happen, heart attack, blood clots, stomach absess, and then stomach and colon grew together after the 2nd surgery and ruptured causing her to be septic, then on a ventilator, etc.... It's so sad!!

Well, I must go get ready for my day. Have a GREEEAAAAATTTTTTTTT day!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:36 AM   #44  

Zoe~ Your puppy is so sweet!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Michele~ Wow!!!! You are one beautiful woman outside and inside!!! What was that guy thinking??????? We all know he was crazy!!! Your dog is cool too!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:42 AM   #45  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Monday morning y'all ~

Just got back from the dry cleaners and grocery store for a birthday cake to bring to work. I had to come back home because I forgot to take Greg's tux rental I have to return today at lunchtime.

today is my baby's birthday. He's 23 today. <sigh> Why do I feel so old. So I'm bringing a carrot cake to the office since that's one of his favorites. (he works there too) I will NOT have any cake, I will NOT have any cake, I will NOT have any cake.....ok, I won't.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments about my baby Zoe. She isn't a baby though, she's 7 1/2, will be 8 yrs old in December. She just is little.

Well, have a wonderful Monday. I am feeling a little under the weather today....stomach is a little sick. Probably because I was out late last night and had some champagne. I knew I shouldn't have had it but the made me do it.

Talk to y'all later.
Closed Thread