Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

I am alive!!! *lol* ... least I hope so ... *lol* I haven't been paying attention to calories ( 3 canned sodas a day and at least a handful of cough drops/mints EEK!! I have only had one soda per day over the last 2 days working to none again .. And drinking my water with lemon instead of sipping on iced soda all day and no cough drops or mints) Needless to say I definitely have some water retention. I once again can not see my tendons in my feet ... *Grumbles * and they are a bit tender from the swelling. This morning I weighed in at 374 even, which isn't bad. My low was 371, so I do not feel bad at all about that, especially with all this water weight. I guess all of that coughing was using all the calories I was taking in. Which I am still coughing a little especially if I over exert my self. I can breath though I was able to walk to my car and when I got there I was not sitting in the car gasping like a fish out of water hoping like crazy the lights wouldn't go out. This is with out the inhaler and tesslon pearls (sp). I still have laryngitis which gets worse through my work day and is better in the mornings ( weird). I can’t wear my head phones at work to listen to Pandora because my ears start feeling full and hurting and squealing. Still feeling exhausted by the end of the day and having really hard times concentrating at all times and feeling spacey and out of sorts. There is definitely still something going on although I finish my antibiotic tomorrow. Yet I feel a WHOLE LOT better then I did!!!

Mamakat~ *lol* you should so see my Pandora … its full of eclectic songs. I listen to a little of everything. Lilly Allen, Pink, kittycat Dolls, Wiz Khalifa, Spiderbait, Ramstien, Daddy Yankee, Metallica, Danzig, Mama’s and the Papa’s, Panjabi MC, Andre 3000, The Soggy Bottom Boys, Josh Thompson, Israel 'IZ' Kamakawiwo'ole, A.R. Rahman, Reverend Horton Heat, Stray Cats, Ziggy Marley, LMFAO, Toby Keith, … *pants* … Okay well yah get the point there … I basically have a little of everything. I really enjoy Bollywood, Raggaton, and Zydeco. They have the beat that makes me want to move my tushy. Depending on my mood things get removed from my play list and added. Only wish I had Pandora at home .. Dial up doesn’t allow for it WAHHH.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello all. It's been a while since I posted. I've been around just never posted for whatever reason. I'm still doing good with the dieting and workouts. I've finally got my gym routine down...for now...until my body says, "time to switch it up, don't ya think?" and then I'll be back at square one. I walked in today to find the gym full of nothing but guys, I stuck it out anyway and minded my own business as I usually do. Kinda intemidating though, guys with huge muscles just make me nervous!

Going to the dentist on Thursday, haven't been in...hmm...6 years maybe. I know I know. I used to go every year twice a year and then poof I stopped going. Hopefully they find nothing serious. I was flossing the other day and the floss got stuck in between 2 teeth. When I went to pull it out it wouldn't budge, then it started bleeding. Finally I just had to pull it through like thread. And I have a feeling he's going to tell me that I need to get my wisdom teeth cut out since they never came in...and I think I just found out why I haven't gone in so long! Lol Oh well.

Hope everyone is doing good and has a great rest of the week!

Diana Sorry about your TOM "adventures", hopefully it will all be over soon and "TOM" will leave!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Hello everyone. Wow so much happening and to comment on I hope I do not forget anyone.

ItsmyturnCongratulations on the new dog. I love dogs. I cannot have a dog due to my work schedule and I live in an apartment so I have two cats. And yes as others have said your workouts inspire me. Have you always been this athletic?

DianaSorry to hear of your insomnia issues. I know what it is like to get by on little sleep. I hope your supplements resolve this for you. Also I do not know about Magnum but would love to see a photo if you care to post. I had two dogs that I adopted from the humane society for many years. My female Kenya lived to be 22, she was around 2 when I got her. In one go I spent a few thousand dollars. She got very sick when she was around 20 and almost died. Of course this happened suddenly during the holidays so I took her to emergency care. They charge so much I consider it inhumane. But I had no choice. All other vets were closed for a few days. They made me panic and I spent so much on xrays and tests that showed nothing. I did not mind paying for the IV and emergency care. She did pull through and even they were surprised. She died two years later. It was such a struggle to decide to have her euthanized. I remember making an appointment to do so and cancelling three times. She was senile, incontinent, emeciated but it was soooo hard to let her go. My other guy died suddenly of heart attack but at least he just went. He lived to be 12 and had problems when I got him. I do not regret my experience at all. But now I am thinking what a long and sad post. Sorry guys. I wanted to say that I understand how difficult it must be to think of getting another dog. I too think it is so hard to say goodbye. I love my two cats very much but there was something about those two dogs especially Kenya. I still cry sometimes when I think of them and it has been several years.

Sandydandy77 On the weight loss and

MamakatI hope you have a great holiday. Where are you going? Are you going to a cottage as you have to bring your own sheets? Yes it was quite the aquafitness class. I find that these classes you can adjust. You can work hard or just not. I have had deep water classes where my legs or arms are sore. But this one instructor uses moves I have never seen. We use the noodle and hold it between our feet while laying in a v position. Then you use your abs to go upright and back again. Very hard to do. What made you get into having rats as pets? Interesting.

kathydeeScuba diving must be amazing. Do you live near the ocean?

MoondanceHello back.

qtkittyI hope you feel better soon. I find it difficult to eat well and or exercise when I am sick.

I stayed on plan today and saved a few points although not intentional. I plan on going to aquafitness tomorrow afternoon with that same kick *** instructor.

Good night.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #49  

Diana - hope you sleep better tonight. I really dread those insomniac nights.

Kitty - Glad you feel better

Katie - good luck at the dentist

Evening all :-)

Today wasn't too bad

Bkfast
1 boiled egg
1/2 c granolia, a little yogurt
1 slice papaya

Lunch (late)
open faced turkey ham/cheese/whole wheat bread sandwich
Diet coke

Snack - Mango/yogurt/lowfat milk smoothie (felt like it was extra and not needed)

Dinner
A couple of very small pork chops and mushrooms - cooked in a Teflon pan with a very small amount of oil
Some steamed carrots

About 1/2 C of mango chunks

Exercise
Didn't motivate to hit the gym or run
but did a few hours of diving and a lot of gear carrying

Right now I'm living down in Mx and diving in fresh water caves - it's very exciting :0)!
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #50  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - They sure did! I got DD16 and DS18 to do the Bootcamp Abs with me, then quick water break before DS and I did the Tae Bo Cardio. No way were we going to conquer the extreme one tonight, All totaled an hour and 11 mins of constant workout

Qtkitty - I sure do hope you are back to your old self soon!

Katie - Hope the dentist appt goes well!

plucky - I used to be a jock "back in the day", but the juvenile arthritis slowed me a bit. Then as a young adult I played coed softball and worked labor jobs. Now that I am... err.. older... I have been active, but not to this extent in quite awhile - and seems forever since I did strength and toning as I am now. I get adrenaline rushes, so to me, it's as good as anyone ever described a drug high to be I am also very competitive, so challenge myself to push harder each time. Thank you on the dog We have hypo-allergenic dogs due to my DD16's allergies and lung disease, my allergies and lung disease, and my mother's allergies and lung disease (she spends 2 months/yr here, don't want it to be the death of her). But they are just as spoiled as the human kidlets

kathy - diving and carrying gear sounds like a workout to me!

So 1 hr, 11 mins of workouts tonight. Starting with Bootcamp Abs, and moving on to Tae Bo Cardio. I have been getting great results physically from these workouts, so have taken a break from constant elliptical and gym workouts. I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Once I start to hold steady, then it will be time to mix it up and incorporate those some more again Hope you all have a great night!!! I am off to shower and bed!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #51  
~Star~

Good morning all! Hope you have a great day!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #52  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I slept better last night. I'm so glad I didn't have that hot flash thing of the night before. I guess they are hot flashes. I have been dealing with this for a while now, just prior to and during TTOM. Once I wake like that, it seems like my mind is reeling in overdrive and I cannot go back to sleep.

Tonight is my haircut/color appointment. We are going to the Japanese restaurant. We'll see what kinda of drama I will have tomorrow with the scale.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 147.6 (TTOM)
No Change
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #53  
Trying to live below 200

Edit To Remove Picture Links

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-26-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #54  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

We made it in 7 hours, stops and lunch included. As we hit the dirt road, we discovered we are not prepared for mountain driving. I have a KIA Rondo and Azule refused to go up a mountain. She said she wouldn't do it and even slid right back down into a ditch That crazy Azule. Luckily, the Australian cabin keepers were prepared for us city folk. They have mountain hoppers. You drive them up and down, park them then use your own car on flat land. Of course they do not keep the cars up and the first one over heated. DD was way out of sorts by the time we got here, but once inside, she was all smiles again. It's weird how she loves cabins.

So the picture, IMO, was too good to be true. It is nice, don't get me wrong, but in the view shot, there were lots of pines forever, no other cabin in sight. We actually have neighbors closer to us than at home Maybe I'll say 'hi', The shots of the cabin were all lies, this is not the cabin with a large kitchen and gorgeous veranda with awesome view. Mind you it still has all that stuff and it's still very nice, but like I told Diana, it looked too good to be true.

DH said something about us staying in the cabin the whole vacation except for the cavern tour thing. I'm not sure how that is going to go over. My body did not like the car ride, my knees got swollen and cramped up and good old hip was screaming "let's move". So even if they don't join me, I'm moving around this darn mountain. My neighbors have a dog. LOL, have no idea why I added that.

Moondance I will likely change again and pretty quickly. My personality takes on a drastic change around the school year's start and end. But you are right, there are things I have done this past year, that I didn't think I'd do. Some of them give me hope that I might do other 'norm' things. I saw my dog's vet on Monday and she said Fluffy needs to lose some weight. So instead of carrying on a conversation with the vet, I say to Fluffy 'if I can lose nearly 100 lbs, you can drop a few too. Seriously, once you put your mind to it, it can be done.' Of course, Fluffy is looking at me like I'm crazy, 'you realize she has a thermo up my keester. Who cares about your stinking weight loss at a time like this?" I ignored that comment all together. The vet jumped in and asked how? Did I have surgery? Or was it dieting and exercise? The latter and it took med tweaking and a couple of health reason surgeries. Fluffy was getting miffed. So yeah, I think I'm changing. I even offered to drive, but DH just won't let me. Never sure why, I'm a good driver! I bet we would have been here within 4 hours

Pluckypear We are in Virginia in the Shenandoah valley. It's actually a lot more civilized than I thought it would be, but it's in the boonies because there is no cell service until you get into town like 27 miles away. Had we rolled our vehicle down the mountain, that would have really sucked As for the rats. Oi. We bought my daughter one, Ben, for her birthday. Her crazy mother noticed the following month that Ben was chasing HIS tail and hopping, a lot. I looked it up on the internet and found Ben was bored. Now a little background on me, I have issues with animals and their comfort, including sadness and boredom. I have bought several of my dogs, dogs so they weren't lonely and so I figured what the heck, buy a rat for a rat. I bought Jerry, a gorgeous male rat. BUT it turns out, although Ben was in the male rat bin, SHE was not a he. 11 babies later, 3 $100 cages, a large buffet table to hold them all plus all the food and treats and bedding, we now have a kennel of rats. Luckily, I have no problem, other than allergies, to rats. They are very friendly and have way more personality than my goofy dog...well, when she's not talking to me. They talk too. You know what they want, it's so cute. So that's the story on rats.

Alright, as usual I'm the only one up and I'm dying for coffee. Talking about allergies, Mother Nature has always hated me in that area, but once again Levoxyl must be taken first, on an empty tummy and I must wait an hour. I hate that pill.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

itsmyturnAlthough you are much more athletic than I it gives me hope. Thanks for posting your workouts.

DianaWhat a beautiful dog!!! Forgive me if I asked before but how did you lose so much weight? You look great. Also so curious when I read your food intake and it says portions, are you on a food plan?

MamakatI too found cottages not quite looking like the photos. But it sounds lovely none the less. Enjoy. The rat story is great it made me smile. I have 2 cats and sometimes think of adopting more. Lol But the reality of the cost for me stops me. That is why I have two and had two dogs for company for them.

Breakfast

2 coffee with cream (2)
2 boiled eggs (4)

Kit kat (6)

Lunch

3cups greens
Sardines (3)
1 tbsp dressing (2)
Saurkraut

Soup-homemade lentil (3)

Not sure about dinner. Likely shrimp with mushrooms and kale on brown rice. Leaving enough points for a snack tonight.

Going to the pool today.

Have a good day.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Wednesday!

I did quite well calorie wise yesterday. Feeling better, more in control!

ItsMyTurn: Hope you're having a great day. Keep up the hard work! You've overcome some incredible obstacles and look at you now!!!

Diana: Glad you slept better! I'm curious of what you're taking. I have sleep issues too. Hope you enjoy your japanese food and the sodium doesn't stay with you too long! Love the pics of your dog. A lab, right? They're great dogs! We're on our third.

qtkitty: Sorry to hear you've been so under the weather! I wouldn't worry about the few extra pounds. When you're ill, you've got to do what you've got to do. The important part is getting right back on track. Hang in there and do what's necessary to allow your body to heal!

Katie: Good luck at the dentist. Likely it won't be as bad as you think. Great job on getting an exercise routine down. I'm trying to too...

Plucky: You've just described the true downside of pet ownership. I had a similar situation with my 20 y/o cat. It's just so hard to say goodbye. We've started the cycle over again. We have our yellow lab who is 2.5 and a kitty who's just over a year old (we're still working on the friendship thing...).. Your water aerobics class sounds like fun!!

Kathydee: You're diving in freshwater caves???? OMG...two things I wouldn't do individually (big fears!!) and you're doing them simultaneously???? WOW!!!!

Mamakat: Of COURSE the pics are too good to be true! Otherwise, no one would rent their cabins. But did you really go to stay in the cabin? I'm glad you're determined to get out and move. The forest changes a little every day. I've never been to Virginia but it looks so lovely in photos. Maybe the neighbor's dog would like to go on a walk with you...
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #57  

Good morning everyone! Hope it's a great day for us all!

Diana - that's such a cute pup - thanks for the pictures.

Moondance - yes these caves are quite beautiful but I am more cautious than bold and for good reason :-)

Off to a good start today with the food and exercise

Bkfast
Found some sort of lower calorie grain healthy cereal than granolia - can't really read the info in Spanish but it looks a bit better.
a little over 1/2 cup of the cereal flakes, low fat milk
a slice of papaya

Went out for a 3km walk to enjoy the morning ;-).

Weighed in at 118 and look forward to dropping another 3 in a week - hopefully!
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #58  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! I probably won't have time to do personals tonight. I've got my hair appointment, the Japanese restaurant, and Survivor is coming on. Exciting times for an old lady like me!

Qtkitty I'm glad you checked in and you are ALIVE! Sorry that you are still under the weather. The body does crazy things when you are on antibiotics and other meds. Hang in there. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Katie Great job sticking with your food and exercise plan! Good luck at the dentist! "Wisdom teeth" and "cut out" are not combo's that I want to be a part of! I say "knock me out, please". Good luck, again. Keep us updated.

Pluckypear I hope you have a great workout in your aqua fitness class!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckypear View Post
Diana Forgive me if I asked before but how did you lose so much weight? You look great. Also so curious when I read your food intake and it says portions, are you on a food plan?
What got me started back on the right path, again was when I went to a new Endo and she changed my thyroid meds. Nothing was working and/or would have worked without that change. Then came calorie counting and exercising. For me, it's all about energy in and energy out. Then I realized that certain foods are trigger foods and they also cause my weight loss to slow considerably. Those foods are heavy carbs/sugar. I tweaked my plan as I went along. You asked about "portions". I'm not sure your question on this. Let me know and I will answer. But in general, I'm not on a particular plan. Also, I follow that general food plan (outline) every day. I don't add my calories from sugar/cream in my coffee. I know I need to keep everything else in these ranges and the morning coffee will be fine. I don't weigh and count the calories in my veggies in the AM, but I count dinner veggies a little higher than they probably are. I think my apple is actually 80 calories, but sometimes I eat a little more honey mustard/lettuce on my salad. I just try to follow that guideline. It probably doesn't make sense to others, but it does in my weird little head.

Kathydee Are you going to be in Mexico for a short period of time or is it permanent?

Itsmyturn Great job on that tough workout! Has there been any physical changes in your children from them working out? Losing weight? Toning up? Have they always been active? I was not active as a child. I played volleyball and I was a flag girl. That's about it. I hope you have a great day!

Mamakat Thanks for checking in! I'm glad you got there safely. I have researched renting cabins and I'm always scared of them. I had a good experience on time, but I have heard horror stories. I hope everything ends up being better than your initial thoughts and you have a fantastic vacation!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-18-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #59  
~Star~

plucky - don't let my athleticism allow you to believe this is easy for me Just some of the obstacles I face are: lung disease due to RA nodules on lungs which lowers my oxygen intake, Juvenile rhuematoid arthritis (which has left me almost bone on bone in my left knee), and elevated heart rate that I have to monitor and not allow too high (due to a birth defect that I did previously have surgery on). Those are just a few, and the most dangerous ones, but it has been a gradual process to get that athleticism back... last year I started with 7 mins on elliptical and thought I was going to die You can so do this... remember progression and determination

Moon - I am so glad you are feeling so awesome today! That feeling of control is great!!!! Thank you so much for your kind words... they really do help in encouraging me You rock!

Diana - Neither of the kids need to lose weight, matter of fact, DD16 struggles to gain enough weight to stay in healthy range...and DS is at low normal. What both do need is to gain/develop muscle. DS has started to show some definition coming now, and today his endo upped his testosterone injection amounts to help facilitate the building of muscle as well as help him get higher to where he should be with male functioning. Both of these kids are my disabled ones, so the working out is sooo good for them. DD16 is in a major flair for her ankle, knee and wrist, but is able to do the Ab Bootcamp with a few modifications - so we have done those to help her. She has been what is known as "skinny fat" due to her softness and muscle atrophy. Now she is wanting to correct that. She was super athletic back years ago... she was running competitively and doing awesome, playing basketball, and soccer... then her arthritis hit and within 7 months was in a wheelchair never to be the same. She now has overcome so much with determination, but truly does need some muscle built to offer a cushion to her joints. I have her doing resistance bands (in PT format) for her arms/upper body as well...then the Abs Bootcamp. DS produces no measurable hormones on his own and receives them all artificially, so development of muscle for him is going to take dedication - which up til now he has never had. It's been great!!!! So proud of them both!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #60  

Hi everyone

Hope everyone has a good day

This is my plan for the day

Breakfast - cereal and fruit
snack -- fruit
lunch -- cheese roll
dinner fish and vegies and salad

snack -- yoghurt and fruit

I am planning to get to gym this evening -- do weights and cross-trainer and then if time Pilates

Back on track -- And feeling inspired that I CAN do it
CyberCrystal
All the best with you day everybody
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote