Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #31  

Angry Hi all!

E.Z. - Thanks ! Ditto back at ya! Sorry to hear there are problems between you and step-d. Definite prayers coming your way! Is she a teenager, God knows hormones at that time, not a pretty picture. Hang in there Things will work out. It is much warmer yesterday and today, weather not wonderful but appreciate the try. How's the nephew? Things going good there?
Wilma- Glad you had a great visit with your family, congrats getting right back on target. Sometimes I munch out of bordom actually more so then not.
dance for joy- glad your still around you'll soon figure us out in the mean time thanks for the prayers, and post often. Sami- hang in there kid, get an opportunity to really talk to your Dr. about options and solutions Keep your chin and pray you are soon on the mend Sherry were are you pray all is well, I am with E.Z. on this one concerned as you usually post everyday. Prayers for healing and a hedge of protection around you. Let us know

Last edited by doitforme; 02-24-2003 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:43 PM   #32  

Angry continued-

Claudette- Joanne mitchy pray all is well with you! I watched the new show dragnet on ABC last night and they had a women that was born again dipicted as a sister in one of their investigations. The lead detective Joe Friday made some snide , awful, remarks about being born again. They also made her out to be on the fringe of reality because of her beliefs. This irritated me so I e-mailed ABC network to let them know my displeasure. Probably will do no good, but made me feel better. This is a trully different world Christians are certainly open targets now, which is sad. Well gotta run check in later God Bless!
Old 02-25-2003, 08:32 AM   #33  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Tuesday Morning!

Well, it has gone from the 70's to a snow/ice storm. Crazy weather here in Texas. As a result, we have no water this morning. We're waiting for the water dept to come check. They have the road all torn up on our block, including right in front of our house, doing road repairs and I am afraid that with those pipes exposed to the elements, it did something out there. So we are waiting. The office has a delayed opening until 10am so we aren't in a rush to get ready and out the door.

Sue ~ I saw that episode of Dragnet too and when Friday made his remark, I remember thinking that it was stupid remarks and wondering how the TV show could say things like that. Good for you for writing to the network!!

Hope you are all well and having a good week so far.

In Christ,
Zoe <><
Old 02-25-2003, 04:47 PM   #34  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Question WHERE IS EVERYONE?

ARGHHHH--I just posted a long one and lost it to never never land! My son came home from school just as I was expressing myself over it and just laughed-- said something about doing something else and pasting? I don't get it and he can't help me now as he is off to coach.

SUE (doitforme) I didn't see that dragnet-- my wife didn't like the show that much when we saw it a few weeks ago so we decided not to watch it-- personally I didn't think the show was that bad but she did. I totally agree with what you saw and you did the right thing.Too much of the time we just sit back and do nothing!! I am so proud of you for taking a stand.

ZOE Get ready girl-- we are having alot of cold rain here and it is headed your way-- sorry. Isn't it a hassle when we don't have power and water? Sure glad I didn't live in the old days!!

SUE (dance for joy) My sister in-law just moved recently from Seattle area--Mercer Island. I love it up that way-- in the summer-- I have a small interest to retire in Squim. I have friends there and I really love the town and surrounding area-- especially Hurricane Ridge and port Townsend.

Well to all the rest of you-- I hope you are well-- SAMI and SHERRY my dear friends, Wilma w/out her in-laws you must have time to post Mitchypoo, are you trying to ditch us? I saw your name at another post-- you can run but you cannot hide .

Checking out for awhile-- chores, Gary
Old 02-25-2003, 06:12 PM   #35  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi,

Gary, I'm not hiding! I just didn't have time to post until now. But glad you are checking up on me....

I'm feeling a little better today and made it to school for my 3 classes but I didn't have to bowl today which is good because I wouldn't have. I'm still very sore there, not healing well, it was bleeding a little today too. But I get the stitches out and hope to report good news tomorrow.

I had a really wonderful experience just awhile ago. Some people who I know from doing Alpha and my cousin asked me to come over for prayer and the 4 of us prayed for healing. I got very very warm while they layed hands on me and I have faith that I can handle whatever happens. It was really nice of them to do.

I'm not really OP today but glad I'm getting an appetite back.

Time to go lay down......
Old 02-25-2003, 07:10 PM   #36  

Blessing this cold and winter day! (at least here in Indy) I am so happy I drank lots of water and I have been OP all day! I have been really praying about it and feel it is making a change.
EZ-I am praying for your problems with Step DD.
Mitchypoo-so glad you are feeling better this flu is really taking its toll. I know what you mean about prayer I feel it is making a change in me.
Zoe-What a welcome back! I hope your water problems are fixed quick!
Wilma-If you get bored at your house by yourself you can come and post with us.
To all others come on back I pray you are doing well.
Sami
Old 02-25-2003, 07:54 PM   #37  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi All! I just finished my dinner and decided to join you here for a few minutes. I said good-bye to my son today. He's heading back to school after a short break. I miss him already! (He's the reason I didn't post yesterday - he sleeps near the computer and I didn't want to wake him) He and I had a pleasant evening together last night. He helped me pick out a new VCR although he would have preferred a DVD player. I need the VCR to play my walking tapes which I will begin either later this evening or tomorrow morning. The DVD will come later!!

I've been doing much better with my WOE and see a light at the end of the tunnel. I have 30 lbs. to lose and it's taking me ages. I still faithfully take my salad to work and am still finding my evenings the worst. I have decided to get the quilt I was working on finished - don't want to get food stains on it.

Well, laundry is calling me so I better get going. Have a great day and keep away from the snacks!!
Old 02-26-2003, 12:48 AM   #38  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wink TUESDAY NIGHT

---HI LADIES

Hope all is well with you. Went out to dinner tonight-- to our local Soup Plantation. It was a fundraiser for our 8th grade class at church/school-- they are going to Washington D.C. We also treated one of our/my son's friends as he is heading out on his ship this week-end, he is in the Navy.

Thanks for the prayers with my step-d, I made an attempt to correct our anger and she responded. We are taking our first steps towards healing!! Yes she is a teen-ager, however, the problem has always been a lack of respect for the rules in this house and a lack of respect towards her mom. It really doesn't matter to me what she feels about me but I can't stand it when she treats her mom like crap until she wants something. This has been an 8 year battle for me-- she is 15, anyhow, we are starting over.

Just like the weight programs-- no matter how many times you fail as long as you are alive you can start over----so chop-chop!!

I have been working on a house (donation) that our church owns, alot of rain damage to the drywall-- my brother and I covered the roof and repaired the damage and re-textured the house.

WILMA There is alot of light at the end of that tunnel. Keep up with the salads and your walking!!

SAMI I am so glad you are doing better! I also am sorry it is so cold for you. I really don't know how you guys do it-- if it gets in the low 50's here we are frozen!

MICHELE I have never been involved with the laying on of hands but I do know our good Lord can work wonders through anything He chooses! I am so glad you are doing better-- we will continue to pray!

Well I am off to bed- IN HIS ARMS AND CARE- Gary
Old 02-26-2003, 09:33 AM   #39  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Wednesday Morning y'all ~

Do any of you realize that me, Zoe, am here typing this during the weekday workday? Well, I'm home. We have had a severe winter storm here ~ some snow but lots of ice and not hardly a car is out on the road. Of couse, me, from the northeast, can venture out and not think anything of it. The people here in Texas just don't know how to act in this weather. Our offices have a delayed opening until 10am and I will try to leave soon but I can bet that most won't show today.

I'm sorry that I've been scarce here lately. I have been still trying to get myself back into the swing of things since vacation. Also with my eating. Yes, I'm having a hard time keeping within my points after all that eating I did on my cruise. Hopefully, I won't have another gain come Saturday and maybe lose that pound I took on.

Just wanted to say hello and say that although I'm not posting much, I think and pray for you all ~

In Christ,
Me <><
Old 02-26-2003, 01:12 PM   #40  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I did not get the results back from the doctor today She's going to call me asap. I did get my stitches taken out, thank God, feels much better and they put steristrips and gave me antibiotics because it was not healing well and the beginnings of infection. I also had another lump removed from the top of my foot.

I felt well enough to work out afterwards! Yeah Very tired during the workout but I did atleast half an hour.

I have bible study tonight and looking forward to that...

Have a great day!

See, EZ, i'm not hiding!
Old 02-26-2003, 04:32 PM   #41  

Default Need Christian Support!!

Hello,
This is my very first post ever!! I am a little nervous doing this, but am looking forward to making lots of new friends.
I am a 34 yr. single woman, with a disability (spina bifida). I am no longer able to work. I have struggled with obesity all my adult life, and find it frustrating and depressing as do most people. I have a hard time with excercising due to the disability, so I have to sort of make do with what I have. I am absolutely at the end of my rope with how to get this weight off, any suggestions??? I really am in need of support from someone who doesnt know me, and has a clear and fresh approach. I look forward to hearing from you!! Chickie:
Old 02-26-2003, 05:21 PM   #42  

Angry Hello!

Welcome Chickie! I am not much into exercise either, and I really have no excuse except I don't like it! I guess to eat lots of veggies and balanced diet and drink lots of water, and pray.
E.Z. -Glad to hear things are better with s.d. , mitchy your still in prayer for other lump removed. Was that one sent for biopsy too? Sami- as always good tohear from you, keep on keeping on 1 is better than none. Wilma hi I am crocheting a quilt for my sister, one of those christmas presents that aren't done, so I gotta work on it. Sorry this is short off to prayer meeting tonight hope your all well, your in my prayers. God Bless, Mrs. Hummer where are you??? Getting worried. luv ya !
Old 02-26-2003, 06:41 PM   #43  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Question WHAT'S UP? LADIES--

HI LOOOOOSERS ,

Hope all is well with you all today. I spent some of the day working on my own house for a change. I have a tri-level house and I figured out a few years ago that I could open up a wall in my bedroom that goes into the attic area (attics in California are not made for using) anyway the way my house is leveled I can bulid a room over my kitchen and increase my bedroom by 100 sq. ft. easy. One problem-- you have to step up 3 feet into it so it is not going to be continuous from the B.R. it will be like a seperate room.

Took the step-D to the dr. today for her sprained ankle. We had a nice visit--things are shaping up between us thanks to your prayers.

doitforme SUE I like the idea of the quilt-- such talent. A few years back I read about making a quilt out of t-shirts-- I asked my ex about making one with our son's sports t-shirts. She took classes and made an outstanding quilt using probably 50 t-shirts. It was quite large and heavy but a great keepsake.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:02 PM   #44  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default I'M BACK

Had to give up the computer for a sec. while my son got directions to a boy 's house he is tutoring.

CHICKIE So glad you can join us. I am sorry for your disability and must confess I don't know much about it but I did a quick check on the internet to get the jist of it. I am not sure what kind of exercises you can do to burn off calories. I really believe the only way to diet is to eat healthy well balanced meals! Calories in----calories out. It is a long process for some people depending how much effort they are able to put into it. The most important thing I feel is that once you make the lifestlyle change (for good) you will continue to work towards the body that Christ intended for us. Just as we continue to worship and grow in His word we become more Christlike. Nice to meet 'cha.

MICHELE As I said girl we will hunt you down we don't care if you post elsewhere-- just make sure you don't leave us!!! I am sorry you didn't get the results yet, but happy that you seem to be healing and are going to bible study (MUCHO IMPORTANT).

ZOE- Hey girl I would be one of those bad weather wienies I hope you got to work and the weather has cleared-- but remember I warned you it was coming! You should see some better days starting soon also. Keep up the good work-- no big deal for you coming back from the cruise-- you are are rock!!

SHERRY- MRSHUMMER -- WHERE ARE YOU? IN OUR PRAYERS ALWAYS!!!!

Well gotta get dinner ready- hi to everyone.

JESUS and only JESUS is the answer to your troubles, Love ya Gary
Old 02-26-2003, 08:26 PM   #45  

Talking

Hey, thank you for the warm welcome!!
ez-- Thank you for your kind words... you are right, I will leave it to God.
How's the weather there in California??? Here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan it is frigid... I am looking forward to the heat wave tomorrow... a big 26 degrees!!!
Thanks for writing back.. have to go, time for prayers. Night everyone! Chickie
Closed Thread