Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 06:37 PM   #16  

Hello to all Christian encouragers,
I wrote my primary care DR. and told him about my concerns and I faxed it with a copy of my MRCP. Now I will wait and see if he calls and answers my questions. The new meds I am on make me soooooooo tired. But I still woke up at two. I guess it will take time to work right.

EZ-We went through the same thing and we had the TROJAN horse. My DH of course blamed me because I get all this forwarded emails from my friends. The virus would cause all these pop ups to happen and freeze up the computer. It cost a pretty penny to get it fixed and now we even have the no POP up program installed!

Doitforme-My friend and I were talking the other day and I was telling her about how I have been feeling. She sent me an article about women and heart attacks and a lot of what I am feeling is listed as eary warning signs of heart attack and my family history is My father Died at 47 of a heart attack. So I am going to talk to my primary DR about that.

To all others My Prayers are with you!
Sami
Old 02-20-2003, 06:38 PM   #17  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi guys,

I had bad news today regarding the lump i had. They ended up taking more tissue and stitching me up again. It's a type of skin cancer and it's shook me up a little. Could I please ask for prayer. I'm trying to not worry too much about this. She said there is a chance they got it all the first time but if this tissue shows cancer I'm not sure what I'll have to do but there will be more treatment. I'm trying to learn about it on webmd, etc., and it seems to be very uncommon and not deadly but I'm still a little scared. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2003, 11:49 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8.5"

I was hoping to find some other Christians on here to encourage, share and pray for one another! I look forward to getting to know all of you. Michele I am sorry to read about your cancer... guess you will be my very first person here to pray for!!

Sue in Seattle

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 02-20-2003 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:39 AM   #19  

Angry Hi kids-

Welcome Dance 4joy- Good to have you! These guys are all awesome and always dependable with a word of praise or support, and always for prayers. Sami- I am very happy you decided to check this out with your Dr. it is important that all bases are covered including knowing what is going on, and how they intend to treat it. There are alot of things that can produce early signs of heart attack, but much better questions and having it looked into. As always your in my prayers. Mitchy- lots of prayers coming your way, sorry to hear about the cancer, just the word is scary, thank goodness we have someone to put peace in our lives. I am also happy to hear it is considered treatable, make sure to keep us posted. Hi to everyone else, Zoe where are you, I thought this was a 1 week cruise. I am really jealous now ha ha ha. God bless all! Luv Sue
Old 02-21-2003, 02:49 PM   #20  
Just girl striving 4 thin

Hello all!
I have been mulling around this site looking at different threads and have chatted on a few. I keep feeling like I am not gettin much out them...well of course it would be they are not all like minded. Of course the Lord tells us to to do this. I commend you all for having this thread and would like to join on in...A little of my story... married 13.5 years...4 kids under the age of 9...2 dogs...live in Fairbanks AK (one year now) joined WW 1/2/03 and have lost 15 lb and striving to loose alot more...Can I assume we all are loosing weight or is this just a chat room. I will lift you ladies up in prayer taht are struggling with sickness or the lack of knowlege of what is wrong. Take care and God Bless
Old 02-21-2003, 02:51 PM   #21  
Just girl striving 4 thin

P..S...
Does anyone know how to tell me (not tooooo computer smart) how to take myself off of being notified for this other thread that notifies me when they talk???? Thank you for your help!
Old 02-22-2003, 10:04 AM   #22  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Happy Saturday all!

Thank you for all the kind words and prayer, i really appreciate it! I'm really trying to give it to the Lord and not worry.

I've talked to many people and it seems to help.

Determined to have a good day! Hope you are all doing well!
Old 02-22-2003, 10:25 AM   #23  

Unhappy Hi !

Freezing rain here! Yuck Glad to hear your feeling better mitchy-
Welcome Sherree- Most of us are still trying to lose weight, some of us even are manageing too! This thread offers lots of things great support to lose weight, as well as christian love where if you have a prayer request or sickness these guys take that to heart and pray about the issue for you, it pretty much is what you make of it. We are all laid back. Hope this helps, most of us here are not computer savy, I know little so I will be no help there. If what your looking for is support you will find no better then these ladies and our guy E.Z. They are there to lift you up dust you off and keep ya going, no matter what crosses your path. So post often! Hi to everyone else. I have lost 13 pounds all total since restarting. So will keep ya posted on weekly weigh ins now. Hope this finds you all well, God Bless hope you all have a great weekend! P.S. Zoe- you didn't buy a place on the island did ya!! come back and ket us know how your trip was!!!
Old 02-22-2003, 11:09 AM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry SATURDAY

GOOD MORNING LADIES-- AND WELCOME--WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES!!!!

SHEREE and SUE

Well it is an absolutely beautiful day here in southern California!! We are expecting some rain next week but this morning it is just gorgeous-- sorry Sue (doitformeSue).

My daughter won her 4th match in a week yesterday!! She was very happy!! Her win really helped her team-- they are ranked 4th in the nation in their small college division. My ex-wife and I are riding together for her match today since it is a couple hours away-- my nephew has his wrestling championships today, although he is just in the exhibitions and my step-D has her first try-outs for high school softball ( sprained ankle from soccer and all ) busy around here today. The newspaper notified me that they would like to do a story in the alumni sports section of the paper on my so-- with his going to college for a degree in teaching, coaching at the local high school and sporting goods job etc. Pretty proud here-- they are not sure when, they just want an o.k.

I am looking around the coast here to see if ZOE has washed ashore

WILMA, SAMI, SHERRY, JOANNE--WHERE ARE YOU? It has been a busy week for all I guess.

MICHELE- I am praying for you!! Hang in there the best you can and continue on your great success in the loss dept.!!

SUE I keep trying to get you that sunshine-- guess with my computer down this week with that Trojan horse thing it didn't get there-- will try again today!!

Well I almost forgot CLAUDETTE sorry! sounds like you have the right idea with your diet-- healthy meals and snacks-- don't forget to exercise too!

Well take care and don't take worship tomorrow lightly! IN HIS ARMS AND CARE- Gary
Old 02-22-2003, 02:40 PM   #25  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Ok, so I forgot how to use this site while I was gone....haha Here is my post from this morning.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoe
Hello my friends

Back from that sub-tropic weather and into the cold here in TX. When we got into Galveston, it was only 45!!! Wooooo, a bit chilly. But today in Dallas/Fort Worth, it's sunny, not a cloud in the sky and about mid 60's. Perfect weather!

First I'll say that my cruise was wonderful. I walked and walked and walked which for me, as many of you know is a miracle since I hate exercise. Oh, but I also ate and ate and ate. But the good news (and this was WONDERFUL news for me this morning) is that when I went back to weight watcher's this morning, I only gained ONE pound!! Woo Hoo! I'm so excited. Next week it will be gone and then some.

I really only have time to say hi and check in. I need to tackle this laundry and housework. I'll be back later.

Hope y'all are having a great Saturday.

Zoe <><
Old 02-23-2003, 10:45 AM   #26  

Gods Blessing this Sunday Morning!
Our Church services were cancelled do to bad weather! We go 8 in of snow since about 4 pm yesterday. I am worried about going to work tomorrow I have to make it in somehow because I do the payroll for 350 people and they don't take to kindly if I don't make it in on time!

Michele-My prayers are with you. I pray that they got it all the first time! Keep us posted.
Danceforjoy-A big welcome! I have found so much support here and a big support group when everyday problems try to keep me from being ON PLAN. Post often looking forward to getting to know you better.
Sue-How is the weather in NY? We had thunder and lighting with our snow last night!
Sheree-A big welcome. And what a great job 15 lbs gone for good Keep up the great job and you will make your goal before you know it! Post often looking forward to getting to know you better.
EZ-I keep asking WHERE IS MY SUN SHINE? This snow is giving me cabin fever BAD. You must be so proud of your Children. What a blessing!
Zoe-A big WELCOME BACK! I am so proud of you for only gaining 1lb on your vac. I know you will lose it and more by next week. You keep me going with hope.

I did lose 1 lb this week my body isn't giving it up easy but that is 3 lbs in two weeks. I am praying that I win the battle and my body gives it up a little easier next week.

Prayer are with you all
Sami
Old 02-23-2003, 01:29 PM   #27  

Angry Quickie-

Just back from church on my way to work! E.Z. I am waiting for the sunshine? Now that horse is back in its stall ha ha ha anyway Hi Zoe glad your back and that you had a great time, how is your mom? Sami good to hear from you, will catch everyone tom. Have an awsome Lord"s Day. See ya Sue
Old 02-23-2003, 06:35 PM   #28  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hi Everyone!

My inlaws left this afternoon and my boys are home for the weekend but out for the afternoon and DH is on the road again so I have the house to myself. It seems so quiet and I thought I would like it but I don't. Oh well, I'll get used to it again. I had a great visit with all of them and am sad to see them go home.

At least with this company here I stayed away from the munchies. I bought lots of romaine today and plan to get back into the salads this week. I also am finally getting some energy back to do my exercises. Knowing that doing them will give me even more energy makes me look forward to them.

Zoe: Glad to see you back! Are you nice and tanned and relaxed now? I'm so glad that you did well weight wise and that you had a great time.

Sami: I'm so sorry about the snow. 8 inches! Wow! A lot of digging to do. Way to go on the 1 lb. loss. I am also praying that the doctors will be able to fix what's broken in your body.

Gary: We have lots of sunshine here too but in Canada sunshine also means cold weather. It's still in the minus 20C range but should be warming up soon. If you would just blow a little harder it would reach us up here.

Sheree: A big welcome to you! This is a great gang to come to for support.

dance4joy: Welcome to you too! this is so great to have newbies here. More to pray for and more to come to for support. May you find the help here you need.

Mitchypoo: I am so sorry to hear your news. I am praying for you. We are here for you!

Hello to Sue, Gutchie and everyone else I've missed.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-23-2003, 09:38 PM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry SUNDAY NIGHT

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT WEEK--END AND LORD'S DAY !!

I didn't make it to church today or last night My daughter's tennis match ran too late and the ex and I were 2 hours away-- my wife went for me Then this morning my wife and I did another 5K-- the first since Thanksgiving. We did O.K.-- we had a little over 14 minute miles which is our norm-- if we finish the 3.1 miles in under 45 minutes ( if we are walking ) we are content-- the course today was 1 mile downhill then 2.1 uphill-- one of the more difficult ones we do.

My daughter did o.k. in her matches-- lost 8-8 with a tiebreaker 7-9 in doubles then won 6-3, 6-3 in singles-- she really had a tough doubles match and lost to a much weaker opponent-- the other girls had my DD and her partner on their heels the whole match-- credit to the opponet!!

SUE AND SAMI-- Here is the again-- I am sorry to say I think I have lost my touch. Sue I am glad you were able to get to church and work in spite of the weather, you are a real trooper and a good friend to this post!! Sami, I soooo wish for your troubles inside you to be over and a very Happy wedding ahead!! Don't worry--- of course I do!!-- about the weather and getting to work, we will be praying for you.

WILMA The boys were home huh? what a comfort!! I know it is sad when company that you enjoy leaves-- why do the ones you don't stay? ZOE --Hey girl 1 pound is awesome!!! But not only that-- all the walking you did helped alot of other parts of that 'ol bod!! You are lookin' so darn good!!

SHERRY Hey dear friend-- you aren't posting-- something tells me that something is wrong-- Hope it is me! In my prayers

SEATTLE SUE-- CLAUDETTE-- JOANNE--MICHELE I hope your week-end was wonderful!

Well I am checkin' out for the evening and going to go and try and figure out why my step-D and I just do not get along!! Need prayers in this-- thanks so much--

IN HIS LOVE and mine-- Gary
Old 02-24-2003, 08:31 AM   #30  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi all

I'm too new here to know all of your names... but thought I would let you know that this morning I said a prayer for all of you -- looked at the names and messages I see now... and others who are here whom I don't know. Hang in there! With God's help you can do it!!!

Sue in Seattle
Closed Thread