Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #76  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

166! Whooooooosh! Staying on tract. Starting doing some Wii exercises 3-4 x week. (TMI) I also had movements for last 2 days. I think the exercise got everything moving! Whatever....I will take the weight loss! I am so close to goal!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
And the scale is continuing it's trend downwards! Yay!!! Down another .6 to 177.6. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't let me stall out before I get to 175 as when I stall out, I stall out for weeks!!!!
I am so excited for you! Every morning, I have to come on to see where you are at. Sooooooooooooo close to your original goal now!!!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:49 AM   #78  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
I am so excited for you! Every morning, I have to come on to see where you are at. Sooooooooooooo close to your original goal now!!!!!
Thanks Jomatho - that means a lot. I was stalled out for 6-7 weeks so to finally see some downward movement is just what I needed to help me keep this motivation alive. I'm working so hard, so to see it paying off finally is doing wonders for this onward push.

Of course, this initial goal was never as ambitious as most people put for their end weight. I just wanted to get to a weight that I felt was possible (and really at 255.6, even 175 seemed almost like a pipe dream). So, I know this journey isn't over and I'll be lowering the goal weight, but this one is HUGE for so many reasons... Then I'll pull a Diana and lower it bit by bit until I get to a good end weight for my body.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:51 AM   #79  

I got my run in yesterday, made it 60 minutes/5 miles. Add that to the warm up and cool down and I had a great calorie burn yesterday, I needed it. No foot pain during or after or even today, so I am a happy camper. Eating was on plan, maybe a little under calories. I have been sketchy with my food logging, so I plan to catch up on that today.
Didn't get any cooking done yesterday, but made it to the market, so hopefully I can get some cooking done today also.
I will walk this morning and hopefully get in a weight workout too. Phew, I am tired already.

Ok, gotta start the taxi. . . Everyone have a great, on plan day!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:53 AM   #80  

Quote:
Thanks Jomatho - that means a lot. I was stalled out for 6-7 weeks so to finally see some downward movement is just what I needed to help me keep this motivation alive. I'm working so hard, so to see it paying off finally is doing wonders for this onward push.

Of course, this initial goal was never as ambitious as most people put for their end weight. I just wanted to get to a weight that I felt was possible (and really at 255.6, even 175 seemed almost like a pipe dream). So, I know this journey isn't over and I'll be lowering the goal weight, but this one is HUGE for so many reasons... Then I'll pull a Diana and lower it bit by bit until I get to a good end weight for my body.
I think that was smart. I sort of wish I had set a higher initial goal too, as these last ones go so slow, it would have made it somewhat easier (on the mind). I can sense your motivation in your posts and it makes me smile and want to go workout/eat right. I know you will get there this month (before you stall), keep working it!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #81  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Melissa - you are doing amazing!!!!

Wannabe - Great job!

jo - I am so glad the foot issues have healed! You even sound more like yourself now that your movement isn't restricted
Old 11-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #82  
Melissa

Quote:
I got my run in yesterday, made it 60 minutes/5 miles. Add that to the warm up and cool down and I had a great calorie burn yesterday, I needed it. No foot pain during or after or even today, so I am a happy camper. Eating was on plan, maybe a little under calories. I have been sketchy with my food logging, so I plan to catch up on that today.
Didn't get any cooking done yesterday, but made it to the market, so hopefully I can get some cooking done today also.
I will walk this morning and hopefully get in a weight workout too. Phew, I am tired already.

Ok, gotta start the taxi. . . Everyone have a great, on plan day!!!
Oh so glad the foot is feeling better. Being laid up because of sickness or injury sucks! It does a number on the head!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #83  
Melissa

Quote:
I think that was smart. I sort of wish I had set a higher initial goal too, as these last ones go so slow, it would have made it somewhat easier (on the mind). I can sense your motivation in your posts and it makes me smile and want to go workout/eat right. I know you will get there this month (before you stall), keep working it!
Thank you again... and yes, it is helping me stay hyper focused by being this close. I probably won't ever get so hyper focused again at whatever weight I pick as from now on it will be just figuring out where my body will settle.

And, to be honest, another reason I didn't choose a different goal end weight is that I have no idea where I should be. Doctors have suggested 160-165 for my body build, but the last time I weighed less than 175 was when I was 18 and I GREW a tiny bit after turning 18! And with loose skin... where will I end up? It's anyone's guess.

Just measured my wrist again (as I've thinned down, so has my wrist - by half an inch!). It measures 6.75 inches... that is really big for a woman, especially of my height...

I don't know 165 is definitely doable, 160 is probably doable, 155 is getting into the "maybe if I was training for a marathon" doable. So, my next goal will be 165 and it might take me a year to lose those 10 pounds!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #84  

Quote:
Thank you again... and yes, it is helping me stay hyper focused by being this close. I probably won't ever get so hyper focused again at whatever weight I pick as from now on it will be just figuring out where my body will settle.

And, to be honest, another reason I didn't choose a different goal end weight is that I have no idea where I should be. Doctors have suggested 160-165 for my body build, but the last time I weighed less than 175 was when I was 18 and I GREW a tiny bit after turning 18! And with loose skin... where will I end up? It's anyone's guess.

Just measured my wrist again (as I've thinned down, so has my wrist - by half an inch!). It measures 6.75 inches... that is really big for a woman, especially of my height...

I don't know 165 is definitely doable, 160 is probably doable, 155 is getting into the "maybe if I was training for a marathon" doable. So, my next goal will be 165 and it might take me a year to lose those 10 pounds!
Yeah, I truly believe you will settle at a weight and know it is the right weight. And then, if it starts to feel right again, you can always lose a pound or two more when you want/need to.
I know I have at least 15-20 more pounds to lose and after that, I am banking on knowing when I hit the right weight. If it ends up being my original goal weight, great, if not, so be it, I just want to feel good, that matters more than a number on the scale anyways, right? I know 145 may be too low for me, but if I don't have an end weight, I am afraid I will get complacent and not keep pushing. But if I never get to a goal, that would defeat me too, I just want to "finish" and actually hit my goal, kwim?
I had to think about what you said about the extra skin. Do you think you have more weight now than when you were younger because of extra stretched out skin? I had never thought of that. Does it weigh more stretched out than it did when it was tight? that is a funny thought to me, but may be true!?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Popping in real fast before taking off to work:

to the new faces

shish - you are doing great!

Krystal - demand the post back!

Diana - no doubt you will level out

I will post "better" later Have a super day/start to day/end to the day for all By the way - anyone heard recently from Larry? I get nervous when it's been awhile
Hi Star! Glad you are feeling better and turning your disappointment into motivation! As for Larry, he just posted end of last week I think with a 2# loss. I think he is just posting when he loses weight or wins a good battle with sodium/calories. I hope he is okay too. Larry, if you are reading this, check in and let us know you are doing okay!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #86  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

mem7883 Hi and

attagirl congrats on the 14lbs down.

Shish you're doing great, I'm so proud of you.

Diana Good morning, sorry about the gain. Hope it melts away soon.

ItsMyTurn Good morning, I've been wondering about Larry as well...hope he is doing well.

Berry Glad the scale is cooperating for you, keeping my fingers crossed for your goal.

WannaBe Congrats on the whooooosh

Jomatho Good morning, hope you get your cooking in and so glad your foot is better.

To all those I have missed hi, I hope you are all well

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day
Old 11-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #87  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All,

No formal workout last night. I managed to get about 20 mins of some dancing in and i did some cleaning. MFP gave me a couple hundred cals for it, so that's good. TOM showed up yesterday. I already can't wait for him to be GONE!!!

I'm up .2 today to 195.8. I am on plan though!!! Like a rockstar! I want to see what kind of a whoosh I can get with this one. LOL That will be the best way to lead into Thanksgiving! On the healthy train!!! LOL

life is beginning to turn around toward the positive again. I have my appt today with Trainer Steve. I'm nervous and excited!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #88  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Morning all!
I've managed to kill DH's pc charger!
WTH!!!

Thank You, Jesus for my iPhone!!!

It's a wet day in the south, and I'm taking my workout to the park!
You heard correctly! I have 4 different exercises lined up (50sec intervals w/a 10sec rest & 3 sets) super high intensity, then I'll run a mile.

My upper thighs feel like a train hit them!
If the old addage is true that sore muscles hold onto water, I'll be expecting another 4lb gain before Friday! BRING IT!!!
I'm about to give them more to be sore for sure!!!
Does that sound redneck???
Old 11-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!

Scale is still showing 192, so I guess my 3 pound loss is a reality!

Had to get my temporary bridge re-cemented yesterday as it came loose Monday afternoon. He used a more permanent cement this time. I thought I was all done with this stuff last March.

Welcome to all the new faces!

Berry: You are such an inspiration! I just love your determination and positive attitude. It carries over into everything and spills out for others to grab onto too. Congratulations on your continued success! And I sincerely hope you reach 175 before another stall. My fingers are crossed for you!

Shiskeberry: Remember: You do not reward yourself with cigarettes. What kind of reward is coughing fits, smelly clothes and hair, and disease? Try other personal stuff...a long hot bubble bath, yoga or stretching, foot massage, scrapbooking, etc. Whatever else you enjoy. You're doing great. Don't stop!!! And don't be surprised (or discouraged) if your body doesn't lose any weight for a week or two. If you're at a weight you maintained for a while, it may not want to let go. Be patient, be proud!

K9: Don't you just hate when work disappears? Congrats on staying OP! Your exercise regime is impressive. I think you WILL have abs!

Diane: Maybe your body got a secret forecast for drought...

ItsMyTurn: You have a great day too. You also have such a super attitude! Thanks for sharing it with us here!

WannaBe: Congrats on the Woosh! How wonderful to be so close to goal!

Jo: So glad your foot is feeing better! I know it's been holding you back for awhile now. Congrats on not letting it derail you. That too is a real accomplishment!

MamaKat: Hi to you...hope you're having a productive (laundry-free) day. If you keep listening to me, you'll have to buy new clothes for the family just to have something clean to wear!

Vixsin: Hope you get the whoosh you're looking for. Enjoy Trainer Steve. BTW, I've developed a mental image of what Trainer Steve looks like. If he's anything other than young, built, and sexy don't tell me! Don't want to burst the fantasy bubble!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #90  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone! I've been mostly on track the past two days, so that's good. My weight is slowly going back down, hopefully I'll see my lowest again soon. But that's unlikely, since TOM is starting on Tuesday -.-

Breakfast:
Oatmeal

Lunch:
Unsure, maybe tuna salad w/ wheat thins.

Dinner:
Homemade beef stroganoff, mad with garlic flavored cooking cream (it's in the crockpot right now and it smells soo good). Not sure on the calories, but I'm only having 1 cup of it. It's full of protein (I'm using stew beef chunks) so while the calories probably aren't the best, it's a good use of calories. The meat & cream are in the crockpot and when I get home I will make the noodles. I plan on combining it all and then sorting it into serving sizes to figure out how many calories I'm actually eating.

I will be going for a jog after I eat dinner, definitely.

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 11-16-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Closed Thread