Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #136  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana First, early Happy Anniversary! Second, how nice a carriage ride! Those always look so romantic in the movies And nicely done xmas lights are truly a joy to look at. When the kids were young and we didn't celebrate xmas we'd secretly go out and look at all the lights and do the oooh and ahhh. Now we don't have to do it secretly I hope you have a wonderful and romantic night...I'm hoping for the dessert bar as I've never heard of that and oh man, that would be my idea of celebrating!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:08 AM   #137  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

ItsMyTurn I was thinking movie too...would the new movie Breaking Dawn be too much? he'd kill me. I'll look into that tho. I don't want him sitting in his room all day thing about her I was thinking egging and t.p but DH said I could go to jail for that...lol, not sure that would be a good thing.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #138  

GM peeps.
Today's plan is to go for my walk and then see how the rest of the day goes I am not feeling overly motivated, although I have a lot to do. Probably because I didn't sleep well with DH gone again. I don't know why I worry so much when he is gone, but I do.

Mamakat
, do NOT take DS to new Twilight movie if he just had a breakup! This one is all about the wedding and a lot about what normally happens on a honeymoon, and things that can happen if you are not careful doing the honeymoon things kwim? A little too lovey dovey for a heartbroken kid. I am going by the book, but I am sure the movie will be along the same lines.

Star, you are rocking your workouts!!! You are putting me to shame this week, WTG!

Diana, Happy Anniversary!

Redballoon, whenever I stalled out I figured I had two choices, I can either give up and be fat or I can keep doing what I am doing and know that my body will respond eventually, and it always did. (I guess there is a third option to maintain, but you get what I mean) Just have faith, keep going and you will lose. I stall out constantly, but it always starts moving again. An article I read recently stated to get off a stall, think about what you are doing the most and change that. Eating low carb, add some carbs, doing mostly cardio, add weights, working out an hour a day, reduce it to 1/2 hour, not working out at all, add some workouts. That kind of thing. So think about what you are eating and doing most of (or least of) and do the opposite.

K9, you are doing awesome!!! Dessert is only worth it to me if it is chocolate. If there is nothing chocolate at holidays, I don't have dessert. Oh, and I am one of the only few people in the world that does not like cheesecake, even if it is chocolate, yuck! How's that for weird?

Moondance, where in Michigan are you going? That blackberry pork dish sounds interesting!

Vixsin, great job on those workouts, hope those muscles are less sore! You are putting me to shame this week too!

Larry, hi there, glad you checked in! Sorry about DW, but good that she caught it and is taking care of it, I know you said she doesn't like to go to the Dr.

Still, have fun at Disney!

Berry, keep the faith, attitude is everything. Look at what you have accomplished this week. You have lost a significant amount of weight this week, you have had a great workout every day and you have had a fire under you! Don't lose that. You will hit your goal. When is your birthday?, you have time. Thanksgiving won't derail you, you have already had practice!!! You can do this!

Last edited by jomatho; 11-18-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #139  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thank you for the Anniversary wishes! Here's a link to the dessert place. http://kaminskys.com/

The restaurant we are going to for dinner is called Queen Anne's Revenge. It's also a museum. http://www.qarevenge.com/museum.cfm The inside/outside of the restaurant looks like a pirate ship. They participate in a program to serve produce and foods from local farmers. In my opinion the highlight of their menu is the herb prime rib. It's hard to find a good prime rib, anymore. They have a special roaster that they use just for cooking this. I also love their bread.

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-18-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #140  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Peeking in to see how everyone is doing!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

I finally went out and bought a scale seeing as weighing at the doctor twice a year is too little.

Last weigh in was 61,4 kilos.
Today's weighing was 60,3 kilos.
Totally happy with losing 1,1 kilos.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Hi Shells!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabellaOlivia View Post
I finally went out and bought a scale seeing as weighing at the doctor twice a year is too little.

Last weigh in was 61,4 kilos.
Today's weighing was 60,3 kilos.
Totally happy with losing 1,1 kilos.
Way to go! Now much is that in pounds? Is it 2.2 pounds for every kilo? Can't remember off hand.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Way to go! Now much is that in pounds? Is it 2.2 pounds for every kilo? Can't remember off hand.
Google says its 2,42 pounds.

I bought a digital scale. Just from Wilkinson. It's a UK store, don't know if it exist in America.

Still: Jealous of Disney. I want to go one day.

Last edited by IsabellaOlivia; 11-18-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #145  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Darn girl! Long time no see and 165.8???? Getting cryptic with your actual weight (under your siggie it says "see ticker" but then you have to do math to find the actual weight).

Nice to see you! How is school going?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Darn girl! Long time no see and 165.8???? Getting cryptic with your actual weight (under your siggie it says "see ticker" but then you have to do math to find the actual weight).

Nice to see you! How is school going?
Yeah, that was too much for me to figure out this morning Looking good Shells!!! How do you feel at that weight? I bet awesome!

Last edited by jomatho; 11-18-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #147  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Heh, sorry about that. Some real life friends found my story and I felt kinda embarrassed that my weight was on there, so I quickly changed it to just say how much I lost. Of course, I completely forgot about the information on the side. Oh well.

Yep, my lowest weight is 165. I'm up to 167 this morning, but I've been bouncing between those numbers for a while. My body seems to have settled at this weight. I do feel great, but still see lots of trouble areas. When I was married, my lowest was 155. While I'd love to see that weight again, I'd have to severely revamp my lifestyle and I just don't know if I'm that committed.

It's so nice to see you guys again! Melissa--Look at YOUR progress!! Homeschooling is going great! I love it, but it's a ton of work.

jomatho--How's the running going? I'm still so bad at running (or should I say jogging slowly *lol*)
Old 11-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #148  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - Happy Early Anniversary!!!! That sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate!!!

Mamakat - I am thinking maybe another movie would be better, But LOVE the humor... you totally had me rolling at work in laughter! Evil parental thought processes! LOL!

Jo - You forget I am seen some of the numbers your workouts kick out for calorie burns??? LOL! I do feel good about how I have been doing since back on fitness track, but still a far cry from your numbers girl... you totally rock your caloric burns Well... unless you climb a ladder with no shoes for a full day

Shells - How the heck are ya???? Long time no peek! You are doing so fabulous!!!! For the record, you shouldn't be embarrassed of your starting point, you should be proud! That is a ton of work! It is really cool to see ya stopping by too!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #149  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Happy Anniversary, Diana!
I hope you 2 have a wonderful date
Old 11-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Friday!
Darn it, no time today for personals...and I have so much I want to respond to!!

Just to let you know, this is probably the last you'll hear from me for a week. Off to Michigan (Charlevoix, Petoskey area for those that are interested). I'll probably weigh in Sunday morning and call it good until the 28th. MIL doesn't have a computer, but BIL/SIL do, so maybe I'll check in next week a time or two. There's just no telling.

So...everyone have a great holiday.
Stick to your plan, whatever that plan may be!!!

Gosh...I'm going to miss you all!!!!
Closed Thread