Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #271  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1735 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (370 calories)
Iced Coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
Grilled Mahi 270 calories
Grilled Asparagus 50 calories

Dinner (1000 Calories)
Homemade cheeseburger w/2 patties 600 calories
Shared chocolate cheesecake w/DH 400 calories

Exercise:
5 Mile Mall Walk
Old 09-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
LarryH - Just don't go too low sodium - your body does need some salt - check on the recommended amounts... as I have no clue, but don't deplete your body of sodium either.
Melissa I have an appointment with my primary care doctor on Monday and I intend to ask him about minimum / maximum sodium levels. He is an internal medicine doctor so he probably will have an answer.

Reading online mostly at the kidney sites, the consensus seems to be the minimum daily sodium requirement is 300-500 mg. These same sites also say anything over about 750 mg a day is too high for optimum kidney health.

I will let you know what my doctor says and I will follow his advice. I have a lot of confidence in his judgement.

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 09-17-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 305/285/250

Height: 5'6"

Sleep is not my friend. It's 5:21, I have been up since 3. Not good, finding myself wanting to munch. But so far so good. I have kept myself busy getting some things ready for the up coming week. Got a big skillet fritatta in the oven now with sausage, scallions and tomatoes. I will divide that into sections for a few days of breakfast and possibly some snacks. I need to make some more of the MIM's. Turns out they are pretty good on the digestive system, even if they don't taste all that great. Gonna have to play with some things to improve the quality there. I was thinking maybe a little vanilla and add 1 more packet of splenda. Maybe even a little cinnamon. We'll see. Right now it's like chewing a handful of flax seed....

Have a great day !
Old 09-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #274  

I too am up way too early for a Sunday. One of my cats has been sick and not eating and I guess he got his appetite back this morning, so I couldn't ignore him like I usually do.

As for yesterday, I call it a good day (besides the darn scale).
Got my run in after first eating 10 almonds about 20-30 minutes before. I was able to run 5 miles and didn't feel inside out ravenous like I had been. So either it was the almonds, or the fact I didn't walk for an hour before, or that I have been increasing my protein. Whatever it was, I felt much better! I had to laugh while I was running, I usually have the food network playing for another distraction along with my music and ipad. It occurred to me that maybe that is what makes me hungry, looking at all that delicious food the whole time! Duh! I don't know, I just like watching it because I don't really have to listen or pay too much attention to it.

Eating was good yesterday, sodium still up, but I plan to change a few of my regular food items for lower sodium options, I just want to eat up what I have first, so I am just trying to compensate with lots of water. My protein was up there yesterday, without even really trying, some days it is hard to get to and others very easy I am not sure these are the ratios for me, may have to change it up, but I want to give it at least a week- I was not very hungry yesterday like I have been except for right before meals, so that is very good!

So today is my official weigh day and I lost a whole 0.4 this week . But last week was -2.2 and before that nothing but bouncing for a long long time, so I call that a victory. I was actually lower earlier in the week, so I think I will at least show a small loss next week too.
I have just ovulated so I may not lose much now until TOM comes and goes (this is the slow loss part of my cycle usually) so I have to be prepared for that mentally and not abandon my plan because of it. PMS has been bad the last couple months, so I am making sure I am taking my vitamins and getting enough calcium and magnesium, that seems to be the key for me. Hoping it helps this month.

My plan for today? I am a little sore from yesterday's run, so I am not sure if I will take a rest day or maybe hop on the elliptical, we shall see how it goes. I want to run tomorrow, so I may just rest up.

This really, truly is a day to day, hour by hour fight and I am so glad I keep fighting. I couldn't do it without you guys!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #275  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, it's my first day back as the Sunday school director at the Ethical Society (a lot like unitarians, just less dogmatic and even less religious).

And... dropped another pound. I can hardly believe it.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:00 AM   #276  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All,

Last night was super fun. I danced the night away! I did end up doing some snacking way too late but it is what it is. I'm up 3 lbs this morning to 189.8. SIGH!!! I know 97% of it is water but wow it's like a hard shove when you get a fluctuation like that, ya know? I expected it, but still.

Whew! OK, glad to get that out. Today I am on plan. I am already drinking water. Much to do today. Schoolwork of course. Lots of chores as well. Laundry and cleaning. So I feel that I'm going to get in some good acticvity today. I am going to try, try, try for some treadmill time. Ideally, I'd love to get a strength workout in today too.

Like Jo and Melissa, I've ovulated too and I've been feeling especially crampy for 2 days, so that could be some of the gain too. I think it's primarily my severe lack of sleep, snacks last night, and maybe a little water in my muscles. My legs are achy this morning. Who knows?

And Jo, the end of your post is VERY well said. Couldn't have said it any better! I'm proud to travel with you....with ALL of you!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #277  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Stayed OP all day. Calories were just bit short of 1200.

I had a very NICE surprise this morning. Weight was down by 2 pounds from yesterday.

Last edited by Sum38; 09-18-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #278  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Well, it's my first day back as the Sunday school director at the Ethical Society (a lot like unitarians, just less dogmatic and even less religious).

And... dropped another pound. I can hardly believe it.
Berry, we are the exact same weight today! Your turtle has officially caught my slow running butt HaHa! Great job on that pound!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #279  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Weight 154; down 2 pounds.

Plan for the day:

Walk 3.5 miles

Bfast
2 Eggs
2 slices of turkey bacon
tomato

Lunch
Chef salad

Dinner
Chicken stirfry with onions, peppers and beans.
Spinach salad with onion, avocado and tomato + dressing.

Snacks
ricotta cheese
celery

Total cal 1225
Old 09-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #280  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Berry, we are the exact same weight today! Your turtle has officially caught my slow running butt HaHa! Great job on that pound!
That was funny!!! Thanks for the smile. -- What do they say...slow but sure, right?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #281  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Stayed OP all day. Calories were just bit short of 1200.

I had a very NICE surprise this morning. Weight was down by 2 pounds from yesterday.
Two pounds is awesome! Your body likes it on the beach! Yup, I've got the "slow" down, just working on the "sure"
Old 09-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #282  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Good morning, Feeling a bit better this morning. My mood has been off lately and I'm not sure why. I know I'm grouchy about DH being in his hidey hole all the time but I dont think thats all of it. I think I'm stressing out about our money situation more than I thought. We are seriously close to being behind...but not there yet....but I try not to let it bother me. I have 3 more months before I can work full time and make a paycheck. I have never had money so a lack there of never bugged me much. I'm ashamed to say that I am letting it bother me.

I scheduled the phone and cable to be turned off next week...I went and stood in line this week for a grocery handout....I applied for foodstamps this year but even though we meet the income guidelines, the lady told me we dont have enough bills. WTF!? I knew this year would be tight because of being an intern but I never imagined myself in line at interfaith for groceries. *sigh* only 3 more months.....
Old 09-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #283  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Guess who's body cooperated and was able to sleep in and get a good nights rest? That would be mine! Sleep is a very good thing! I woke up feeling so much better today than yesterday.

Weigh In: 144.6
Down: .6
Old 09-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #284  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to everyone on their losses.

DZ - I totally understand, but honestly, at least you know yours is for 3 months. How many stand in that line not knowing how long this will be a struggle for them? Sounds crazy, but I am a "Count your blessings" girl most times... even when crap sucks, there is apositive I am so glad you normally aren't the type to let it get to you - but you are human and it was bound to weigh on you eventually. You can handle this though, and get through it
Old 09-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #285  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Jomatho almonds are the second best nut to stave off hunger...walnuts being the best. a handful will keep hunger at bay 1-3 hours, sometimes more for me. I even have my DD using them now instead of eating chips. Glad your cat is feeling better and congrats on the loss. Slow and steady is the right way.

Berry congrats on the pound down. I hope you enjoy your new job (I hate to call anything religious a job) position, better.

Sum awesome job on two pounds down.

DZ even though times are tight and hard right now you know that soon things will change and it sounds like you have a wonderful support system. It's good that you have resources you can turn to. You are a strong woman and it clearly shows. Everyone has their down time, but it's how we bring ourselves back up and I have no doubt you will rise and shine

Diana glad you got some sleep. I am hating this eternal clock, but for the most part this week I went to bed super early. Last night, maybe not but then I was enjoying myself and Sunday is a lazy day so no one is telling me that I can't just relax, right?

Nanna breakfast sounds super yummy. what are your plans for exercise? are you going for a walk? take the girls, get some fresh air.

to ItsMyTurn, Shish, Larry , Vixsin and anyone else I missed. I know I did miss some, sorry.

My right foot is refusing to heal. I refuse to stay put for another whole day. I can't take it, I must move! Actually today's plan is another Buster Keaton movie. My DH tuba player is in a small orchestra that puts on silent movie shows in a very old theatre that is being slowly brought back to life. DH played in the orchestra last movie, Nosferatu. I love bringing this art into my family's lives. I love that I have the opportunity to show my children many mediums. I love that my family is all very artistic and creative. Both kids are musical, artistic and creative...DD is also taking up writing...after my own heart. She is asking me to critique her work. I love critiquing. That way I get to input but don't have to do all the writing. LOL I'm a lazy writer.

Anyway, I'm down a bit on the scale, we'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm super close to breaking into the 220's. That's cool. That's not that much weight from 200 and I'm pretty sure I'm going to make that goal by the end of the year. That would be craaaazy. Makes me laugh, who ever says they want to weigh 200? Meee!

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day
Closed Thread