3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Does Any One Want To Lose Weight To Look Hot/Sexy For Guys? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/241997-does-any-one-want-lose-weight-look-hot-sexy-guys.html)

JollyGreenSteen19 12-06-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissNikki930 (Post 4129232)
I'm mainly doing this for myself, but I have to admit, I would love to look better for my husband. I often worry that HE is embarrassed to be seen with me because he is so slim. He always says he is not and has never gave me any indication that he is, this is just my own insecurity.

I feel that way too. He obviously loves you but I know for me I am always thinking "well he'd never tell me that to my face because he knows it would be rude and would hurt my feelings". Whether or not it's true I don't know. I do wish my husband could have a hot thin wife :(

lm3898 12-12-2011 12:54 PM

I don't see anything wrong wanting to look good for a guy. Part of the reason I started to lose weight in the first place was because of my husband. He never said one negative word but it got to be embarrassing to watch him to go the gym or run several days a week and eat healthy/in moderation. There I was stuffing my face without watching and not exercising, steadily gaining weight. Yes, I did it for myself, but I also did it for him - because I want to look the best I can for him since I know that's what he does for me!

I really don't want to sound mean but part of attraction IS physical, there are people who like every sort of person out there, but you generally start talking to someone b/c you are physically attracted to them [you can't know someone's personality before you meet them] and the fact is there are people who wouldn't talk to someone because of their weight as they are not immediately turned on/interested in that. I personally don't think that's wrong...just by opinion, not trying to offend anyone.

gagalu 12-13-2011 09:22 AM

no. my body is not an object for men to be pleased by. i wouldn't endure the things that i've gone through simply to arouse desire in a man who cares only about my physical appearance. i don't exist for them.

that said, my weight loss journey has definitely been centered around self-esteem issues. i don't feel confident when i am fat, for obvious reasons.

kyalpn 12-13-2011 10:18 AM

I think there is a part of most people that start a weight loss journey because they want the be beautiful to the opposite sex, and I think that is normal. So don't feel bad. I would love to walk into a room and make the men's mouths drop open, and I'm much older than you. :D ;)

But I have to tell you that men aren't only attracted to attractive, sexy women. They are attracted to us for a lot of reasons that don't have to do with weight.

They are attracted to a woman who loves herself and loves her body. They are attracted to women who are confident, who are going places in life, and have some substance to their character, are interesting to talk to, are genuine people.

Please don't get caught up in the lie that you have to look and act a certain way to get a guy's attention. Too many girls have fallen for that and found that sometimes guys (especially younger ones) do what they need to to get what they want, and then they move on, leaving her to pick up the pieces of her heart. Don't be that girl. :hug:

Instead, make this journey about yourself. About finding your own health and well being. About finding things you love, trying new things. Finding the confidence to love and be comfortable with yourself. Then, you will find the man that is attracted to you for all the right reasons.:D

Icey21 12-13-2011 11:38 AM

Your not the only one... But for him is not the only reason, I have a son i want to be healthy for, and for myself.