3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Does Any One Want To Lose Weight To Look Hot/Sexy For Guys? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/241997-does-any-one-want-lose-weight-look-hot-sexy-guys.html)

H82Sweat 08-30-2011 01:20 PM

I am 43 years old and you know what? I guess I am shallow as all get out because one of the top, if not the top, motivators for me with my weight loss has been looking good for my husband.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to look good. Especially if getting fit and trim boosts your confidence!

So ignore the snark and do what you can using what motivates you :)

sexychick 08-30-2011 01:30 PM

I do want to be healthy because I know if you don't have health, you don't have anything, but I do feel lonely and want a great boyfriend. Because of the way I look, guys haven't really been attracted to me.

Ryler832 08-30-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexychick (Post 4013167)
I do want to be healthy because I know if you don't have health, you don't have anything, but I do feel lonely and want a great boyfriend. Because of the way I look, guys haven't really been attracted to me.

The right guy will come along. If a guy is not attracted to me when I am thicker then he is the shallow one.

I am losing the weight for me. There is no guy or man in the world that would make me lose weight for them. My husband loves me just the way that I am but I want to be more confident in myself.

icelandgirl90 08-30-2011 01:55 PM

I will admit it, I was single for my whole life and always shy with boys because I wasnīt happy with my weight. So my initial motivation to lose weight was to attract guys. After I had lost about 20 pounds I met my boyfriend, I donīt know if it was because of the weight loss or just because I was more confident and put myself out there more.
Itīs just a fact that most guys are more attracted to girls that are at a healthy weight and confident and happy with their shape. Iīm not saying you need to be stick thin, but when you are happy and healthy it shows and makes you more attractive. So yes, attention from boys was one of the main motivators in the beginning, but now that I have a boy Iīve still continued to lose 25 more pounds. I feel so much better and more happy and confident that what started out as my motivator has changed into motivation to just feel better about myself and be healthy:)

cherrypie 08-30-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H82Sweat (Post 4013155)
I am 43 years old and you know what? I guess I am shallow as all get out because one of the top, if not the top, motivators for me with my weight loss has been looking good for my husband.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to look good. Especially if getting fit and trim boosts your confidence!

So ignore the snark and do what you can using what motivates you :)

:lol: me too

PreciousMissy 08-30-2011 02:28 PM

The entire human race bases initial attraction on looks...it's just a fact.

When we're out shopping we don't pick out clothes that look hideous hoping they might be comfortable. We pick out colors and patterns that we like, we pick out styles that we like.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to lose weight to attract a mate.

Amberkkski 08-30-2011 02:57 PM

My main reason is to be happy with myself and know that i can do this BUT that being said ofcourse i want to do it for guys. Im 21 and honestly im very picky when it comes to guys and im attracted to good looking muscley guys and if thats what i want why should they want to date someone WAYYY over weight??? So to shorten this up YES a big reason is to look good to men

FatNoMore03 08-30-2011 03:02 PM

I lost all the extra weight mainly for me and my health. BUT the motivation comes from the fact that I owe it to my husband to look good. :)

Aclai4067 08-30-2011 03:42 PM

I can't say looking good for guys is not a factor, but it's not the only factor. Frankly, even if a guy thought I was the hottest thing on earth right now, I don't feel confident enough to date. So I'm doing it to be healthy and fit and to wear cute clothes and feel confident and yes, to start dating.

kelly315 08-30-2011 04:18 PM

My biggest worry is that, if I find myself single at a lower weight, that I'll start attracting all those guys which I can't stand and won't be able to differentiate at first. I'm so disgusted by guys that won't date an overweight woman, and I would absolutely hate dating one.

I have no interest in doing this for guys. None at all. I'm in a happy relationship with someone who's loved me through fat and thin, and even if I wasn't, I'm not very interested in changing myself for men.

Mimzzy 08-30-2011 04:41 PM

I am 21 and I admit that one of the reasons I want to lose the weight is to be more attractive to my boyfriend. Of course I have many other reasons I want to lose weight but I would be lying if I said that was not a BIG one.

I think whatever is motivating you to stay on track is a good reason! Keep up the good work :D

fitmom 08-30-2011 06:11 PM

I initially started my journey for me and me alone BUT that being said...yeah, at the ripe old age of 39 (lol) does my ego get a kick when my hubby of 14 years can't keep his hands off me and tells me that I look better when he met me at the age of 19? Yes!!!

canadianwoman 08-30-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly315 (Post 4013450)
I'm so disgusted by guys that won't date an overweight woman, and I would absolutely hate dating one.

That is one of my worried about dating again (when I am ready to). I would let him know (at least on the second or third date) that I was a former fat woman and see what happens from there.

canadianwoman 08-30-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aclai4067 (Post 4013393)
even if a guy thought I was the hottest thing on earth right now, I don't feel confident enough to date.

I also feel the same way right now. Colin Firth will have to wait a little longer. ;) :D

kelly585 08-30-2011 06:32 PM

I want to lose weights so I look good but I am a married mother of 2 so my main reason is to feel healthy and not be worried about my health so much. I think though once you lose all the weight it will help build your self confidence and looking hot will be a side effect! You should be proud of the 18 pounds, keep up the good work!