3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Does Any One Want To Lose Weight To Look Hot/Sexy For Guys? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/241997-does-any-one-want-lose-weight-look-hot-sexy-guys.html)

sexychick 08-30-2011 10:58 AM

Does Any One Want To Lose Weight To Look Hot/Sexy For Guys?

Are their any women who want to lose weight so they can look hot/sexy for guys? Or I am the only one?

Scarlett 08-30-2011 11:16 AM

I am doing this for me. So I feel good about myself, have more confidence and can do fun active things.

With that being said looking good for guys is a secondary motivator.

There is a college guy friend I've had a thing for for awhile. Then things sort of heated up between us 2 weeks ago. I have non-delusional reasons to believe he really likes me. In the back of my mind seeing him in 3 weeks is motivating me to stay on track. Also I think it's so sweet that this started when I weighed 197 pounds and he normally dates thinner girls. This makes me like him even more.

PrincessAmy 08-30-2011 11:18 AM

Im doing this for me as well..but i wont lie there is A someone who I would LOVEE to impress lol...

sacha 08-30-2011 11:33 AM

Sorry girls, the troll is strong with this one. Only talks about losing weight to look hot for guys, half-naked sister, and asking women what they do/eat? But nothing about "her" own habits? Whatever.... I'd be surprised if this wasn't a man getting his jollies off.

canadianwoman 08-30-2011 11:38 AM

I'm single and losing weight for myself....not for any guy.

mzKiki 08-30-2011 11:40 AM

LOL Sacha you may be right!!

canadianwoman 08-30-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacha (Post 4012973)
Sorry girls, the troll is strong with this one. Only talks about losing weight to look hot for guys, half-naked sister, and asking women what they do/eat? But nothing about "her" own habits? Whatever.... I'd be surprised if this wasn't a man getting his jollies off.

My guess is she is just a really young person who does not have much experience with life itself and the workings of the world.

DietVet 08-30-2011 11:47 AM

I've been thinking the same thing as Sacha. The postings by this person are really weird. Could be an unsocialized young person but I think it's more likely to be a troll.

QuilterInVA 08-30-2011 11:58 AM

That's probably one of the worst reasons I've seen posted for losing weight. Very shallow. What if the guys still don't come? Get real!

sexychick 08-30-2011 12:05 PM

Sorry girls but those are just questions I am curious about. I am 19 years old, I use to weigh 200 lbs and lost 18 lbs since January. I ask these questions because I am curious as to what motivates....thank you for hurting my feelings :(

happynottsgirl 08-30-2011 12:14 PM

Hi sexychick, please don't be repelled by the ageist posts! This is usually a very supportive board.

Yes, of course I want to look great for guys! I love guys, particularly Germans hehe :D

The thing in my case is, that guys tend to prefer my rounder version! So that's one thing that's been on my mind, however, I will continue to lose the weight because (that's what I want) but also I will be more comfortable and attractive at my goal weight, and confident people are more attractive.

Guys are definitely not my priority, I enjoy looking the way I want to look, wearing what I like etc. , but I certainly don't consider it 'shallow' either.

canadianwoman 08-30-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexychick (Post 4013037)
Sorry girls but those are just questions I am curious about. I am 19 years old, I use to weigh 200 lbs and lost 18 lbs since January. I ask these questions because I am curious as to what motivates....thank you for hurting my feelings :(

I am sorry that your feelings have been hurt. I thought you were pretty young from reading your posts and to be honest I felt exactly the same way that you did when I was 19. I wanted to lose weight to look good for the opposite sex. Not so much now as I am almost 50 years old. I am single and I would like to look good to the opposite sex but that is not my reason for losing weight. I am doing this for my health and to increase my already limited mobility. Losing weight for guys is waaaaay down on my list. You would probably feel the same way as I would if you were my age but I can see why you feel the way you do.

Congratulations on the weight loss and keep up the good work. I hope you succeed. :)

puneri 08-30-2011 12:29 PM

I too think she is very young. Grow girl. You have to be healthy..that shud be your first aim. you have to look good for your self esteem or your mental health.

Astrild 08-30-2011 12:43 PM

I want to lose weight for all sorts of vain reasons, but no, guys aren't one of them. I've just never wanted to please males. lol

RJ 1980 08-30-2011 12:46 PM

The main reason I want to lose is for myself and my confidence. (I can't say health is my number one reason b/c I've never had health problems-yet- so it's hard to care a whole lot about that at this time in my life In the future I'm sure it will matter more.) BUT I also can't wait to look good again for my husband! :) He's been amazing through my huge weight gain, and I want to wear cute outfits again and have him proud to show me off! Not that he's not proud now, but I have no confidence in how I look so it's hard. He's really the only guy I want to look good for though! :D

H82Sweat 08-30-2011 01:20 PM

I am 43 years old and you know what? I guess I am shallow as all get out because one of the top, if not the top, motivators for me with my weight loss has been looking good for my husband.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to look good. Especially if getting fit and trim boosts your confidence!

So ignore the snark and do what you can using what motivates you :)

sexychick 08-30-2011 01:30 PM

I do want to be healthy because I know if you don't have health, you don't have anything, but I do feel lonely and want a great boyfriend. Because of the way I look, guys haven't really been attracted to me.

Ryler832 08-30-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexychick (Post 4013167)
I do want to be healthy because I know if you don't have health, you don't have anything, but I do feel lonely and want a great boyfriend. Because of the way I look, guys haven't really been attracted to me.

The right guy will come along. If a guy is not attracted to me when I am thicker then he is the shallow one.

I am losing the weight for me. There is no guy or man in the world that would make me lose weight for them. My husband loves me just the way that I am but I want to be more confident in myself.

icelandgirl90 08-30-2011 01:55 PM

I will admit it, I was single for my whole life and always shy with boys because I wasnīt happy with my weight. So my initial motivation to lose weight was to attract guys. After I had lost about 20 pounds I met my boyfriend, I donīt know if it was because of the weight loss or just because I was more confident and put myself out there more.
Itīs just a fact that most guys are more attracted to girls that are at a healthy weight and confident and happy with their shape. Iīm not saying you need to be stick thin, but when you are happy and healthy it shows and makes you more attractive. So yes, attention from boys was one of the main motivators in the beginning, but now that I have a boy Iīve still continued to lose 25 more pounds. I feel so much better and more happy and confident that what started out as my motivator has changed into motivation to just feel better about myself and be healthy:)

cherrypie 08-30-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H82Sweat (Post 4013155)
I am 43 years old and you know what? I guess I am shallow as all get out because one of the top, if not the top, motivators for me with my weight loss has been looking good for my husband.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to look good. Especially if getting fit and trim boosts your confidence!

So ignore the snark and do what you can using what motivates you :)

:lol: me too

PreciousMissy 08-30-2011 02:28 PM

The entire human race bases initial attraction on looks...it's just a fact.

When we're out shopping we don't pick out clothes that look hideous hoping they might be comfortable. We pick out colors and patterns that we like, we pick out styles that we like.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to lose weight to attract a mate.

Amberkkski 08-30-2011 02:57 PM

My main reason is to be happy with myself and know that i can do this BUT that being said ofcourse i want to do it for guys. Im 21 and honestly im very picky when it comes to guys and im attracted to good looking muscley guys and if thats what i want why should they want to date someone WAYYY over weight??? So to shorten this up YES a big reason is to look good to men

FatNoMore03 08-30-2011 03:02 PM

I lost all the extra weight mainly for me and my health. BUT the motivation comes from the fact that I owe it to my husband to look good. :)

Aclai4067 08-30-2011 03:42 PM

I can't say looking good for guys is not a factor, but it's not the only factor. Frankly, even if a guy thought I was the hottest thing on earth right now, I don't feel confident enough to date. So I'm doing it to be healthy and fit and to wear cute clothes and feel confident and yes, to start dating.

kelly315 08-30-2011 04:18 PM

My biggest worry is that, if I find myself single at a lower weight, that I'll start attracting all those guys which I can't stand and won't be able to differentiate at first. I'm so disgusted by guys that won't date an overweight woman, and I would absolutely hate dating one.

I have no interest in doing this for guys. None at all. I'm in a happy relationship with someone who's loved me through fat and thin, and even if I wasn't, I'm not very interested in changing myself for men.

Mimzzy 08-30-2011 04:41 PM

I am 21 and I admit that one of the reasons I want to lose the weight is to be more attractive to my boyfriend. Of course I have many other reasons I want to lose weight but I would be lying if I said that was not a BIG one.

I think whatever is motivating you to stay on track is a good reason! Keep up the good work :D

fitmom 08-30-2011 06:11 PM

I initially started my journey for me and me alone BUT that being said...yeah, at the ripe old age of 39 (lol) does my ego get a kick when my hubby of 14 years can't keep his hands off me and tells me that I look better when he met me at the age of 19? Yes!!!

canadianwoman 08-30-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly315 (Post 4013450)
I'm so disgusted by guys that won't date an overweight woman, and I would absolutely hate dating one.

That is one of my worried about dating again (when I am ready to). I would let him know (at least on the second or third date) that I was a former fat woman and see what happens from there.

canadianwoman 08-30-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aclai4067 (Post 4013393)
even if a guy thought I was the hottest thing on earth right now, I don't feel confident enough to date.

I also feel the same way right now. Colin Firth will have to wait a little longer. ;) :D

kelly585 08-30-2011 06:32 PM

I want to lose weights so I look good but I am a married mother of 2 so my main reason is to feel healthy and not be worried about my health so much. I think though once you lose all the weight it will help build your self confidence and looking hot will be a side effect! You should be proud of the 18 pounds, keep up the good work!

124chicksinger 08-30-2011 06:32 PM

No.

shishkeberry 08-30-2011 06:53 PM

I'm not interested in pleasing men. It's not like anything you do will ever be enough for them anyway. I'm interested in pleasing me.

April Snow 08-30-2011 08:40 PM

I think most people trying to lose weight do in part want to look better as a result. I guess we all define exactly what that means though, and for a lot of people, but not everyone, it includes feeling more attractive to potential romantic partners. But not everyone would define that as looking hot for boys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icelandgirl90 (Post 4013204)
I donīt know if it was because of the weight loss or just because I was more confident and put myself out there more. Itīs just a fact that most guys are more attracted to girls that are at a healthy weight and confident and happy with their shape. Iīm not saying you need to be stick thin, but when you are happy and healthy it shows and makes you more attractive.

I mostly agree with this and generally speaking, the majority of people find fit and healthy people attractive. But personally, I think it comes down to feeling comfortable in your own skin, no matter what size you are. I have what I call my "fighting weight" - I've been a curvy size 14 and felt fantastic then, and the men I dated agreed! But when I put on more weight and didn't like my own body very much, how could I expect others to? So my motivation is primarily to get back a body that I feel fantastic in, and as a part of that, I'll look forward to feeling comfortable dating again.

Harriette 08-30-2011 08:57 PM

Doesn't everyone? and by opposite sex you could mean same sex for those so inclined!

I am happily married and mid 30's. It was not my primary reason for losing weight but hey, it's really awesome when someone "checks" me out these days! Isn't that completely normal? Sure it is healthier to be thin but you have to wonder if our society placed importance on women being big if we would all be here talking about how fat we could get :D

berryblondeboys 08-30-2011 09:14 PM

I totally want to feel sexy and to look good for me and for my husband and if other guys give me a second look, well, hey, that feels great too! So while it wasn't my main motivation, it's definitely one that's building as I get more fit and thinner.

ringmaster 08-30-2011 09:20 PM

yes, my weight is the main reason I held back from dating. That and not being able to find clothes that fit properly. Sure it's for my self esteem, but high self esteem is sexy.

sure people can say you are young and/or shallow, but let's face it, in today's world looks do matter. I look at really obese guys and it is a turn off... and if that guy has no plans, desire or isn't even trying to lose weight and get healthy then I don't think I would date him.

Cali Doll 08-30-2011 09:38 PM

Yup! I want men to think I'm hot.

But, more importantly, I want to be happy w/ myself. I mean, there are men who were attracted to me at 230 pounds. That's not enough to keep me that big, though.

sexychick 08-30-2011 10:53 PM

Thank you to all for your post I feel much better and I feel very supported :) I'm super glad that I am not alone.

fatferretfanatic 08-30-2011 11:48 PM

Of course. That's not my main motivator, but I want to look great, hot and sexy to my husband. He's in Navy basic training, and I would LOVE it if when he'd got out, he sees me littler than he has in years and thinks I look gorgeous.He already tells me I am beautiful,but this time around I'll feel beautiful and that means a lot to me.

sontaikle 08-31-2011 12:15 AM

I think it's silly to lose weight to just please men. For one, you may potentially be shutting out men as some are attracted to larger women! :o

I know women of all sizes who have men flocking to them, and they all have one thing in common—confidence! The more confident you are in yourself, the more attractive you are regardless of how much you weigh. Not everyone is superficial the way we assume they are.

I also know women of all sizes who have trouble getting any dates. Generally they are unsure of themselves. If this happens at any size, losing weight will NOT fix that. You must learn to love yourself before someone else can love you.

In the end, beauty fades. What you look like at 20 will not necessarily be what you look like at 60. If you base your entire relationship on pretty faces, what will happen years later when the looks fade?