Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Ditto about hiding her feed, if it bothers you, don't read her stuff, if you want to be friends in the future just adjust your settings for now and don't delete her.

That said, I don't talk about losing weight on face book updates at all. Just now how I am right now, I don't even post pictures of myself right now. I might eventually. But right now I don't feel like doing that. Remember that weight loss is about you... not about this 'friend' or anyone else.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #17  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
aside from what everyone else said, with a clothing size 17, you are talking about junior sizes, which are cut differently (and smaller) than misses sizes. So there isn't as much difference between a misses 14 and a junior 17.

for example, from the Target website

Size 17 Bust 41.5 Waist 34 Hips 44
Size 14 Bust 39.75-41.25 Waist 33.25-34.75 Hips 43.75-45.25
yes i mainly wear juniors sizes as they fit me better. 19s just about fall off me 18s are a lil snug and 17s are a bit tight. i can get a pair of 13s up my butt and around my hips but i cant button them by about an inch LOL they are pretty similar. ty for bringing that up =)

Last edited by kimicat76; 07-17-2011 at 01:23 AM.
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #18  
Gotta Lose to Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieC87 View Post
@kimicat76 You can't let what's going on with her discourage you or annoy you. Focus on you and your successes.
tysvm =) i try not to let it get to me but it does. and the reason i dont block her is because she works with my husband and we have ALOT of friends in common from when i worked at walmart. we arent particularly close no, but shes not all bad. sometimes she does have to have the last say in something or always correcting someone but other than thats shes pretty nice and funny
Old 07-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimicat76 View Post
tysvm =) i try not to let it get to me but it does. and the reason i dont block her is because she works with my husband and we have ALOT of friends in common from when i worked at walmart. we arent particularly close no, but shes not all bad. sometimes she does have to have the last say in something or always correcting someone but other than thats shes pretty nice and funny
Ah, gotcha. That does make it more complicated than I thought. It would probably be easier to accept and celebrate her success with her if she did the same for you. I'm sorry she's not more supportive. But look on the bright side... You've got us!
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:58 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 221/214/143

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, new poster here. I've been working on holding a compassionate viewpoint where I find somebody else's behaviour seems targeted to annoy or undermine me. They're not feeling ok about themselves if they need to do those sorts of things to feel better, and that's an awful place to be. You, on the other hand, seem like an open positive person, willing to admit to challenges and gain the support of others in a co-operative rather than competitive approach to losing weight. It's a shame she hasn't used an approach which engenders support - she's missing that opportunity for herself. From what you've said, you're already managing to still hold a positive view about her in some ways, so well done on that!

Anyway, once I've found a way to see the sadness or vulnerability in a person's behaviour, it often takes the sting out of it for me and allows me to take a more patient/mindful approach to them. Win for me (stop feeling cranky), win for them (I don't get involved in one-upmanship back).

I would add, I'm quite a cranky impatient person by nature, so this is a challenge for me. I often have a rant and whinge before I can get to that place. And I often slip back out of it and have to discipline myself.

Good luck.
syzygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #21  
Made of Starstuff

Ahhh, Facebook.

Regardless of what she's doing, she's probably just excited and can't see past the end of her own nose. Happens to a lot of us at some point or another.

If you want the support to be reciprocated, but it's not... then don't post on those particular statuses of hers. Note them, and then move on mentally.

You can't compare your losses to another's. It's not a race, it's a personal challenge. The "winners" aren't the ones who get to the finish line, they're the ones who lose the pound and never gain it back again. You can't determine that by how fast someone drops the weight.

You've lost 35 pounds never to be seen again. That's all that matters.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #22  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGW View Post
Question? At 500 calories....is there really a need to take the HCG...doubt it...
The drops require you to be at 500 cals a day. I think its rediculous. Just gonna gain it back!
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #23  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Hm. I always post my progress on FB after my weekly weigh-in, and now I'm wondering if people think I'm being petty. Ah well, if they do, they don't have to comment.

ANYWAY.

As for this girl...she's turning this into a competition, sounds like. Just don't take the bait. As others have said, if you do want to reply, just congratulate her and move on from there. And don't compare yourself to her in terms of the size she's wearing and whether or not you "should" be at the same size; as you said yourself, everyone's different. She may have a different frame than you, or be taller/shorter, or just carry her weight differently.

Above all, congratulations on the weight you've lost, and good luck!
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #24  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

Height: 5'5

and remember your doing it the right way. shes doing it the fast & temporary way. no one can live on 500 cals a day forever! so dont pay any attention to it
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #25  
Gotta Lose to Win

ty everyone!!! i will just ignore her then lol maybe soon enough shell see whats shes doing and correct it. =)
Old 07-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #26  

S/C/G: SW 323/281/180

She's doing the HCG...don't worry about it! She's eating 500 calories a day!! I can't imagine starving myself to lose weight. You know you are doing it the right way and your making a lifestlye change not a quick fix. What's going to happen when she starts eating a healthy amount of food?? Your doing a great job and if she's really making you upset consider if she is a true friend.
Mitsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

who cares if shes being competitive... she is not doing something she can continue after losing the weight, which means she will likely go back to her original way of eating and gain it back. You, on the other hand, are learning everything you need to know to maintain. Let the competition be who KEEPS it off... my bets are on you!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

It sounds like you are losing it the right way..the slow way

I know this sounds really mean, but like when she loses all her weight the "FAST" way..and regains it and then some..you can always facebook later how great and skinny you are, and ask her "like what happened?!"
I know evil

Give her a taste of her own medicine..

Remember the steady modest TURTLE won the race, not some blowhard, hoity, bragging, facebook-hog!
SLIMplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

Maybe she's somewhere right now on some other forum asking people if they think you are trying to compete with her She's doing the same thing you are - losing weight and talking about it. That doesn't necessarily make her petty or jealous or competitive. Of her potentially hundreds of friends, why would you be target of her weight loss updates?

We aren't nearly as important to other people as we think we are. They're doing the same thing we're doing - mostly thinking about themselves. Maybe she's just happy that she's losing weight.

As I understand it, for people who go that route, it is very fast. I couldn't do it, I like to eat, but I've done enough REALLY stupid diets to know better than to judge someone else. I don't have a (fat) leg to stand on where stupid diets are concerned!

You could lose a friend by assuming that she's rearranged her whole life just to spite you, or you could assume the best and go on with your life and your efforts.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #30  
Gotta Lose to Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98DaysOfSummer View Post
Of her potentially hundreds of friends, why would you be target of her weight loss updates?

We aren't nearly as important to other people as we think we are. They're doing the same thing we're doing - mostly thinking about themselves. Maybe she's just happy that she's losing weight.
because i know how she is and i know her personality. she IS the type to one up someone. just saying. i dont think im important to anyone except my family and a few close friends.