Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 06:50 PM   #61  

Hey, do y'all mind if one more person signs up for the Valentine's Challenge? Cause right now I think about all I can handle is upping my water, but I think it's a most excellent idea for getting ready for it.
Old 12-30-2002, 08:45 PM   #62  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink water, water everywhere

Evenin' all

Food is such a challenge! Glad I didn't include eating in this one!

Amarantha Whoo-Hoo-o-o!!!!!!

Sat and Sun were only 1 litre days, but otherwise I'm doing well...am up to 2 L today and have 1 more trip to the gym tomorrow to fulfill that challenge. Don't know about the scale yet...will hop on tomorrow. Gave up on the no wine...have modified it to only in social settings....course I'm lookin' for a party right now...off to the Britta! So will update re: Jan 1 goals, then further modify to get to the 6th. I like these small things....no challenge to the brain.

Slip-sloshin' away!

Ceara

Last edited by ceara; 12-30-2002 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:27 PM   #63  

Smile Monday evening!

Hello all!

Hello and Welcome Tamibeep! I love the way you spell Georgia the same way you pronounce it! Very cute...Pull up a chair, there's plenty of room, grab a few No Guilt Cards and would you care for some tea? Decaf this time of the day of course but perfect to settle the nerves, calm the frazzles..

So, I saw what happens at this job the last few days of the year.
Every scrap of billing that can be billed is .... I stayed 2.5 hrs late because we were short handed and because I worked the 24, I have off tomorrow and didnt have the heart to pass off what I couldnt finish to the others who stayed late too. Ate a few things I shouldnt have but the pace was full pedal to the metal even after the usual deadline- Client's trying to get state filings in b/4 year end and my company trying to get the Recieveables up b/4 year end.

But I got all my water in! and still drinking-

Empress J- yes, isnt today's thought a real gem? Lots of levels --

Punkinseed! The boys bought a 91 New Yorker for $240 at the auction- It "sounded and looked" good. Till they got it on the highway- hmmmmm-- the garage says it needs $3000 worth of repairs as a rod and/or rocker arm are shot-- HEE HEE- I'm not upset as it wasn't that expensive a lesson. Its a shame because we were hoping it would be something for DD and Dsil but .....

Ceara-- I'm w/ you! Glad the water is the big goal- little teeny tootsierolls are usually safe for me- 4 or 5 and I'm good- NOT TODAY.............

Wildfire-- Now there you go, Bill Geist just gave the Twinkies the Worst of Award- I don't think he tasted them-- SO-- but honestly--could some more imagination have been used??
I know it must be very easy - open the package, toss into the oil--
but really---how much do you think they charge at the fairs for them?? a $3 heartattack????

Where did the time go?

I'll see you all in the am!
Old 12-31-2002, 08:29 AM   #64  

Smile Toasting Tuesday!

Hello all!

Ok- Guess I need to apologize to Twinkies and their families -- Any negative remarks are IMHO only--

Wasn't sure what name to use for today until I realized that "Toasting Tuesday" is the perfect description. I've never done a "NY Resolution List" but do like the idea of a "Toasting" theme.

I will come back and toast later once I've put some thought into it.

Today's thought is: "Your biggest competitor is your own view of the future" Watts Wacker and Jim Taylor from the Visionaries Handbook

Till later!
Old 12-31-2002, 08:55 AM   #65  
deleted2

Good Morning!

I think that I'll be able to live out the rest of my days without ever tasting a fried Twinkie. Sounds absolutely repulsive to me! I've heard they batter and deep fry various candy bars too. I saw on the Food Network how the trend started in Britain at fish and chip shops.

Still not where I want to be food-wise. Still experiencing a deluge of holiday cheer in the form of foody gifts. Just when I thought it was over a neighbor came calling yesterday with all kinds of delicacies and dang it, I had to try everything. The good news is I only sampled--in days past I would've eaten it all. And lunch out with my aunt yesterday and dinner out tonight with friends----it's been a food orgy for me this season!!!!!
I'm a bit disappointed with myself because I'd intended to make my time off "spa time" and that didn't happen. No looking back though--onward and upward!

Old 12-31-2002, 09:08 AM   #66  
Hot Stuff

Hiya tamibeep! Glad you joined us!

Kaylets, enjoy your time off! You certainly deserve it.

Eydie, I've heard about deep fried Mars bars, Snickers, too, I think. Not for me...chocolate is sacred! No Guilt Cards are on the table by the door...take a few and resolve to get back on track when the holidays are over.

It's so mild here this morning...9 celsius! All the snow is gone! It was really misty when I was out last night and the snow and ice was getting soft. I looked out this morning and it's all gone! So I'm going for my walk early because it's supposed to drop to 1C later today. Going to enjoy it while I can.

I'm planning to eat light today because tonight we'll be having wine and various hors d'oeuvres to ring in the new year.

A toast: To supportive friends who accept us as we are, pick us up when we fall, and cheer us on to our goals! Here's to us in 2003!
Old 12-31-2002, 10:09 AM   #67  
Momma Frog

Happy New Year to all!!

I'm checking in with 24 oz already this morning. Now I'm having a cup of tea to warm up. It's freezing in my office building. At least I think so anyway!!

I hope everyone's day is safe! I'll check in later!
Old 12-31-2002, 01:31 PM   #68  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Mornin' all

The scale wasn't great but considering all the food lately not bad...it stayed the same from Christmas....yay!

I'm on the 2nd L of H20, and I met the 4 gym visits challenge....yippee! Actually I attribute the no gain to the gym and all this water!

So onward...have guests coming and must flog the 15 yr old male child into housework and KP....healthy stuff....just lots....last binge!!!

Have a safe and happy evening!

Ceara
Old 12-31-2002, 02:15 PM   #69  

Well, I had the 48 oz in early today and am about to enjoy my second cup of tea for the day. Eating very lightly to try to atone for yet another binge last night. Was doing so well until last three or so days. But a hop on the scale horrified me and I'm tryin to at least shed the water for my weigh in tomorrow.

Took a quickie tour of dept store where sister bought outfits for my dh's Christmas present. Have pretty much decided to just return them and hold out for the springy things starting to come in. I actually have enough to wear (though some things are very loose - I haven't cleared out the things really too big either). But if I narrow it down to what fits fairly well, I still have enough. We aren't going to be doing much the next few months/weeks while dh recuperates and I don't need to be a clothes horse. Since I'm really getting hyped for the Valentine's challenge (gaining weight does that for me), I think I'd rather just wait until I reach that goal. I really doubt I'd wear the new outfit more than a time or two between now and then and I'd rather get more wear out of the stuff I'm hoping to grow out of. I'm really optimistic for someone who almost had a heart attack when I saw the scale this morning.

It is so lovely here today. Snow melting, skies blue, 50 degrees. Rain supposed to come in tonight. Debating taking down the outside decorations even though I said I'd leave them up another week.

Dh walking without walker now and noticeably looking healthier. So progress is coming. I'll be glad when he can bathe himself again and do at least a few little things. He has started to clear his plate, etc from the table after meals and other little things. But I expect it to be a good while till I can give him back some of his other chores. I miss the good service - like him bringing in the morning paper, making my breakfast, etc.

Well, I'm off to my tea and a little rest before it's time to go back for him.

Hope those that are celebrating have a great time tonight. I'm going to go to bed early and spend tomorrow watching parades and football. Am going to have the PA tradition of pork and sauer kraut tomorrow. For good luck. And if that's all it takes for good luck, I'm all for it.

HAPPY (SQUISH!) NEW YEAR TO ALL SLOSHERS!
Old 12-31-2002, 04:41 PM   #70  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!!!

So much to catch up on here and Amarantha hath only been gone a day!!! Volunteered to help out in paste-up last night and stayed much later than planned. This is a busy week and the weekend gets more filled with more requests to cover things than I'd anticipated. Not touching work tomorrow though, as it the start of my JADE NEW YEAR!!! This is the year I will reach my goal, weightwise. For the rest, well, I'll muddle through, but I'll by George do it in a 135-pound body.

Can't stand the thought of New Year's resolutions as I'm doing people-on-street interviews about these for hours Thursday and Friday after doing it five hours or so yesterday! Wrote up the story for one community, but have two more to go. I resolve never to think about that word again!

Still drinking and feel it is changing my metabolism for the better!!! Calories in the 1800s yesterday, 40 minutes of exercise (jogwalking). Still need to do weights today sometime, but not feeling in the mood. Not going anywhere, hate New Year's Eve.

My only New Year's toast (with H2O, of course) is: "Peace!" I am sick of war thoughts, war talks, war, war, war! It is not my thing! I do not know how this "peace" thing can be accomplished, but I'm hoping someone will come along who can figure it out!

Almost got into an unfortunate disagreement of sorts with a coworker yesterday who felt the need to proselytze (sp?) me about her religious beliefs, feeling I should share them. She actually said that!!! Sigh. At one time, I'd have argued the point, in my wimpiness, I just gave a weak Mona Lisa-like smile and let her go in peace.

This is a me-me-me post (not even the Empress is intruding upon my self-focus). Sorry!!! I did want to welcome Tamibeep to our watery winter wonderland!!! I'll do an update on the roster in a separate post, then it's on to the Valentine's challenge next Monday posted by that stalwart volunteer Punkin!!!

Punkin: Thanks for sharing the police marriage story. Truly, I have known many wonderful officers and did not mean to besmirch the force in the collective sense, but guess no bushel be without it's bad apples!!!

Anagram: Wishing thy dh a speedy, speedy recovery in 2003. And congratulations on the LOOSER CLOTHES!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Ceara: Great work on the scale, Kemo Sabe!! In this neck o' the desert, we call that MAINTENANCE!!

Frogger: Hope thou be warmer by now!!! GREAT WORK ON THE 4-GYM CHALLENGE!!!

Wildfire: Thanks be for thy words on the deep friend Mars and Snickers. That hath completely cured me of any niggling thoughts I might have had to go get some candy!!! That soundeth truly awful! Could it be my body hath developed commonsense in its dotage and actually rejecteth deep fried candyrific sludge even before it be tasted?

Eydie: I'm truly a lover of all things British and think the world of our friends across the big pond, but really, they need to get a grip! It's bad enough to batter up and deep fry previously low caloric fish and potatoes, but Mars bars? (Apologies to all who this might offend ... England is lovely, intellectual and I revere the persona and symbolism of the glorious Queen, just don't fry the Mars ...)

Kaylets: On behalf of all Twinkies everywhere, I'm sure thy apology be accepted!!! It's not like they're unhealthy or unwholesome or bad for us, right?

Arabella: Wherever thy bearsome self be, hope thou be having a splendid New Year's! It hath been a great pleasure to continue "speaking" to thee this past year. Thou be very talented and will find much success! Keep going!

Senamay: Seconding the opinion that this be thy year to make all thy dreams come true!!! It is all up to you and you've made your mind up to do it! Hagomatic hath seen great things in the crystal ball for thee!

To All: Amarantha hath rambled on too long and Old Dog be barking at the neighbors. Howsomever, just one more look in the crystal ball hath revealed another thing about EVERY SINGLE PERSON HERE ... WE WILL ALL EITHER REACH OUR WEIGHT GOALS IN 2003 OR MAKE SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS TOWARDS THOSE GOALS!!! There is no question in my mind that we will do it! We have all seemed to reach a consensus this past year that this is worth doing and now we will do it! It is simple; it is preordained! It will NOT solve all our problems; it will NOT make us better people; it will NOT make my dog stop barking ... sorry, I digress. But this is one thing in our lives that we can control and we will do it!!

Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2002, 05:32 PM   #71  

Default helllo all

hello everyone thanks again for all the support from this forum. I am looking forward to a great year, with all of you coaching me on im trying somthing new trying to type in color cant figure out this thing works on this page. well i dident reach my goals this year just like lasst year. But im trying not to think about it or ill just get depressed. hahapurple

I would also like to welcome tami t our forum. good luck thid year on your weight loss goals, I can do this and will do this.

prayers to all this coming new year, i wish you all happiness and health and just being joyful this year. my goals are not only to lose weight but, to be a better person, enjoy my life more, and enjoy my kids and. find that great job,

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND SEE YA LATER AND LIGHTER SENAMAY
Old 12-31-2002, 06:03 PM   #72  

Smile Toasting Tuesday evening!

Hello all!

We like to stay home tonight- And did I notice a full moon too?
Our cable company carries the Bravo channel and will be showing tonight 2 different Cirque du Soleil performances.
Not like any other show I've ever seen! Very very clever with universal appeal.
Hoping to get some notes together for my first Toastmaster's
speech next week. I am not sure how I'm going to practice out loud-- Any ideas??

As for the fried fast foods - did a google search and found some info on the deep fried candy bars here in the US -- in fact, the vendors also have the twinkies. Amazing.

Toasts made so far are superb! That dull noise you hear is my plastic bottle up against your tea cup!

My toast -- " May our journey's be long ones. May our journey's be insightful, enriching and rewarding. May we realize that all we need we already have. "

Till later!

Old 01-01-2003, 08:25 AM   #73  

Smile Welcome Wednesday!!

Hello All!

We were asleep long before midnight but our dogs heard fireworks and sounded the alarm!

DH says he didnt hear a thing which is a whole different story as both dogs sleep in our bedroom. And last night, one was barking in our bed!

Anagram-- Thanks for sharing your Dh's improvements. Here's to more progress and full recovery !

Empress J- I was tempted to ask what folks answers were to your "on the street survey" but after 5 hrs--I wouldnt want to discuss it so I won't ask!
As for your coworker-- Hopefully your Mona Lisa response will have made your point- My temptation in these situations is to always become as enthusiastic as the "proselytiser" and then I am upset w/ myself. Most folks respond when I tell them that I respect their beliefs and hope that they will offer my the same respect, even if we disagree. Sometimes, you do have to become much more assertive. I have to admit, I have wondered what the "door knockers" reaction would be if I asked for their home address so I could stop by at my convenience. In fact, come to think of it, a couple years ago, on Dec 25 we did have that kind of a visit-- DS had answered the door and came to find me telling me he had been asked if he knew "We are celebrating a lie". ( and they werent referring to Santa). I wasnt very diplomatic that morning.

But I do go on--

Today's thought of the day is:
"And now let us welcome the New Year
Full of things that have never been."---- Ranier Maria Wilke
Old 01-01-2003, 08:37 AM   #74  
deleted2

Gulp....just stepped on the scales this morning and I gained 4 pounds over the holidays! Calorie counting starts today!

Old 01-01-2003, 08:42 AM   #75  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo! Morning arriveth ...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Amarantha hath been up all night watching the neighbors' bonfire ... very nice, not a good idea in the desert, though, but we made it through!!!

Yesterday, being New Year's Eve brought the inevitable binge brought on by Amarantha's yearly dislike and anxiety associated with this holiday. But the binge was a lesser animal than the Christmas binge and amounted to 2600 calories, with 20 minutes of exercise. This Jadequesting Empress hath greeted the dawn (actually it's still dark) by taking some positive actions to achieve her jadeweight goal: She hath felt last night like giving up on lots of things, but TODAY IS HERE and she hath rededicated herself by THROWING AWAY THE REST OF THE LITTLE PACKETS OF CHEETOES THAT LURK IN HER CABINET. She hath turned the space heater on in the gym and WILL get the weight workout in she skipped yesterday. She hath started sipping the 32 ounces of water and washed some clothes to go do interviews tomorrow as she STILL hath much to do for next week's paper. Life goes on, though it be 2003.

This day, Amarantha hath evaluated her finances and is declaring a new round of her exercise video amelioration (sp?) initiative. She is pledging to do a Leslie Sansone tape each day for the next 21 days in addition to her other challenges. The Leslie tapes can be in addition to or as part of her regular exercise minutes, as Amarantha liketh variety. There is nothing like a good challenge for making A. feel not bad for having thousands of Leslie tapes (not buying anymore, though) and for upping the variety factor to get this fantastic, glorious imperial body in shape by 2004!!! Woo-hoo! Who'segreater than me? No one (except you guys)!

In fact, the Jade Empress is putting out a call for all who frequent this thread to repeat after me: "WHO'S GREATER THAN ME? NO ONE!!!" Please feel free to shout this out as you go about your blitzy business today and it will resound throughout the empire with the strength of thy collective determination and positivity!

After all, who really IS greater than us? Can we do it this year (whatever it is)? You bet we can! This is OUR YEAR! It's gonna be great and I can't wait!

GOAL ROSTER: NEW YEAR'S LIQUIFICATION PROJECT

Amarantha's Revised Goals — 32 ounces H20 daily; weight to 159

Anagram's Goal — 48 ounces water daily; maintain weight until start of Valentine's challenge

Arabella's Goals — 3L water and exercise daily

Ceara's Goals — 2L water daily; Halloween weight; 4 gym visits by Jan. 1

Eydie's Goals — 10 glass water H20 daily; workout daily

Kaylets' Goal — 96 ounces of water daily

Punkinseed's Goal — Three 32-ounce bottles o' water daily

Scoobysnacks' Goal — 3L water daily

Senamay's Goal — One L water daily

Tamibeep's Goals — H20; plan to join Valentine's Challenge

Wildfire's Goals — 48 ounces water daily; maintain weight

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-01-2003 at 08:54 AM.
Closed Thread