Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 12:17 AM   #121  

Hi to everyone!
Gennel, I'm so happy for you! It must be such a huge weight off your shoulders after all the crud you've gone through. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Amy I wanted to say that I agree with Angie. I could almost feel the determination eminating from what you wrote. It's inspiring. I'm glad you're here to remind me of the many things I need to do to succeed!
I unloaded my pick-up at the dump today. It took about 20 minutes and it was a heck of a work-out. When I went to pay, I found out why. I unloaded 960 pounds of stuff. Wish it was that easy to unload the weight from my body!

Jen
238/233/140
Old 01-09-2003, 08:05 AM   #122  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Alright Gen!!! It is about time something went right for you and your dream house.Now you can get excited and start planning rooms and all that good stuff. I am really happy for you. I wish I could move into a bigger house, I really only need 1 more bedroom...2 if I want to put all my equipment out of the living room. LOL
Old 01-09-2003, 08:14 AM   #123  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Amy - just a quick cheese suggestion. I spent about twenty bucks trying low fat and fat-free cheeses out on BoxerBob and the only real good substitute we found for melting and flavor was the Cabot 50% Light Cheddar. It has half the fat grams of regular cheddar. It's similar in texture to a block of mozzarella. And re: cheese - I figure - heck, it's calcium so I just figure that the fat is part of my goal of 20 g of fat a day.

Speaking of PIZZA. Stupid me. Went to grab a movie to watch the other night - we're all settled down after a nice lean supper and without thinking I put in MYSTIC PIZZA. We got it at Walmart in the bargain bin a couple weeks ago and I never imagined it was going to be an exercise in willpower. Never mind here's Julia Roberts running around with a perfect butt and a 24" waistline - there are PIZZAS galore coming out of the kitchen - one after the other and all steaming hot and ready. Waah. BB and I were drooling about them after the first fifteen minutes. That movie should be rated XXX. LOL

My strict 1200 a day this week worked - I dropped two pounds this week after being plateaued since 12_12. The extras must have been just enough to maintain my weight. It feels GOOD!

Congratulations, Gen!
Old 01-09-2003, 10:17 AM   #124  

Gen that is great! I know that you are so releaved. ANgie is right now you get to do the fun stuff.

Jen that is alot of stuff to unload. I bet you are buff now.

Did someone say cheese? I make my hubby sick b/c I will cut a block of cheese and just sit down and eat it. I don't know why he grosses out on that.

Great job Rusty! I guess we never realize how much junk we eat during the holidays until we get back to recording everything that goes into our mouths.

I have a bit of good news, I have lost a total of 5 lbs so far. I jumped on the scale this morning knowing that IO had just did it yesterday but I was curiuos. I couldn't beleive it. It had moved down 2 lbs from yesterday. I don't know what is coming off and I don't care. I have been really good this week about recording my food and watching how much sugar I eat. I guess that is what I needed all along. Go me!
Old 01-09-2003, 10:26 AM   #125  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

WAY TO GO KEMPY!!!! You are getting the hang of it. You must be feeling great.

Cheese...Now don't get me started on cheese. I have actually been snacking on cheese and low fat crackers all week. Has anyone tried the Cabot 50% reduced fat jalepeno pepper cheese? It is awesome. I have been considering it a lesson on self control. I eat only what I am allowed to then I make Jay eat the rest. HA HA

To Everyone else, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 08:50 AM   #126  

Default You are doing it Kempy!

5 lbs!!?? WOW!!! Stick to it cause you can do it! Dont freak out if a plateau comes to visit. They are not permanent guests! lol
You said cheese? Well I love it also. I dont really buy those 16 oz type blocks but I did for Newy Year's party . Real cheese just tastes so damn good! I just hate that the serving size is one square inch! That's what kills me! I cut 1/3 of an inch ,wrapped it in super lowfat ham strips and instead of a toothpick to hold it , I used small pretzel sticks. It was a yummy treat and just that little bit of cheese gave it that extra taste that I like.

I recieved a letter from the builder who will be building our new home and I felt just like the picture on the letter! I wanted to cry. The loan consultant put an adorable pic of a baby sharpei puppy wearing sneakers on a lounge chair with a glass of ice tea. The pup was totally knocked out andit said: Should you be relaxing like this? Yes youshould with Holiday Builders! It has taken a tremendous amount of stress/pressure from us. For us to know that the contractor got the letter of approval to move forward and get permit tostart on the slab! Ahhhhh Iwill cry when I visit up there again and see all the water pipes connected and actually see construction happening on my land!!! My brother went after a month and all the water/sewer pipes were connected and the concrete slab, a week later the entire structure was up with blocks! We went back like 5 days later and the roof was done! OMG! From November it started and it will be ready to move in February!!! AHHHHH I already went to Home Depot and grabbed their Faux Finish paint samples and picked out the colors. I'm gonna get brave and not pick what I always did, offwhite,eggshell white,white ! Not! I'm going with earthy tones. The Ralph Lauren paints are amazing but will have tooooo many walls to paint so thats too $$$$ Each gallon sells for $27-$36 ! Plus for it to come out exactly as seen you MUST buy their brushes . I went to a friend's house who painted a few rooms with this paint and I swore it was wallpaper, it looked gorgeous.But it was a lot of work and it had to all be done with a big flat brush. Imagine? ugh I'm looking for those wood blinds and I've noticed that those are very expensive too Just window would cost at least $100. So I have to shop around. Well enough of all this fun talk!
I have to go to gym and get my room picked up! I show my house today for sale and I got an appt!
Tomorrow is weigh in!
ttyl,Gen
Old 01-10-2003, 03:28 PM   #127  

Hi everyone!
After a long break from 3FC and a 3 pound holiday weight gain, I've decided it's time to get back to my weight loss goals. Jumping in at the middle of the challenge, I'd like to lose 4 lbs, my longer-term goal is 10 lbs by March 1st. I'm 157 today. Ugh
Yesterday I went to Good Will and bought 2 pairs of jeans. I only have 2 pairs of pants in my wardrobe that fit. I refuse to buy size 12, and I don't want to spend any money on size 10 either. $6 for 2 pairs of jeans ain't to bad, and they're practically new! But one pair doesn't fit....
Anyway, it's a new low in weight gain and self-image for me and I really hope I can turn it around.
It's nice to catch up on how everyone else is doing!!
Old 01-10-2003, 04:11 PM   #128  
Sarcasm Queen

Hello Lovlies,

I'm back! I haven't read all the posts (cuz there's a ton and a half of them) and I am running around like a chicken with her head cut off today so I will post more later. Bubye!

~Sahvara
Old 01-10-2003, 04:21 PM   #129  

Glad that you have made it back Sah! How was the visit with your mom?
Old 01-10-2003, 04:53 PM   #130  
No Limit Souljah!!

Hey, SAH'S BACK!!

Welcome back girly. It's nice to see your smiling face again.

Gen- didn't get a chance to say congrats on your new living space.

Okay, since my time zone is ahead of everyone else I am the first lucky one to enter weigh in. 3 pound loss this week. I feel fantastic!! I'm also tired. the gym kicked my butt last night so I'm going to bed.

Hi Apple Blossom! Never too late to join this group or rejoin. Good to have you.
Later GALS
Old 01-10-2003, 04:58 PM   #131  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

WOW Dips That is great!!! You go girl!!

Sahvarah, I am glad your back. I was just wondering a few days ago when you are coming back. Did you have fun?

Hi Apple Blossom, Glad you are joining us.

Gen, Sounds like your mind is working overtime on your decorating scheme. I love to sponge paint. I did my kitchen and the kids rooms. It is so quick to do.
Old 01-10-2003, 05:41 PM   #132  
determined chick!

Talking Hi everyone

I know tomorrow's weigh in, so I won't post my weight until then, but I am really happy with my loss this week! I made a promise to myself at the beginning of January to work extra hard this month just to see what I'm capable of. So besides doing the gym in the morning I've been doing cardio at night on my weight lifting days, and Pilates at night on my cardio days. This week it really paid off. I don't know if it's just been my bodies cycle, or if all the extra moving really kicked it in. I talked to the trainer at the gym and asked to get help changing my weight lifting routine. He's supposed to work with me next week. I told him I only have 20 some pounds to go until goal. He told me he thinks I should consider going down to 130 - 140. That's 20 - 30 pounds below my original goal! He said for me to get toned the way I want this is what I may have to do. I was a little disappointed to hear him say that, but know that if I don't look the way I want at 160, I'm going to have to keep going. UGH! This will add extra time to reach my goal. I guess I'll just have to see what I look like at 160.
Sahvara- So glad to see you back! I missed your witty posts!
Kempyd and Dips- Way to go on your losses!
Apple Blossom- Welcome back
Gen- I'm so happy things are going well for you Bet you can't wait to get decorating!
Well all gotta run! Can't wait to tell you my loss tomorrow. If I can stop patting myself on the back long enough to type Take care. Di
Old 01-11-2003, 08:15 AM   #133  
determined chick!

Default Hi everyone

Well it's morning and just did my weigh in Gennel put me down for a 7 lb loss! Yes, I said 7! I am truly amazed. Now I don't know if it was all due to my new exercise routine and my body is trying to get adjusted to it, or if some may have actually have been water. Either way 7 lbs is 7 lbs! So now 148 off and 22 to go to my original goal. I plan to do this new exercise routine this week to. Let's see how much that had to do with this weeks loss. I only worry that this crazy body of mine will now decide to not lose the rest of the month. I seem to go in cycles. 10 pounds comes off real fast and then I struggle through the next 10. Hopefully my body will keep cooperating me. Well I didn't mean to toot my own horn, but I am on knowing that I soon will actually be in the 170's! Woo Hoo! Well gotta go. Hope everyone has a great weigh in. Take care. Di
Old 01-11-2003, 09:20 AM   #134  

Wow Di! 148 pounds off. That's just amazing. You and the other great losers are what keeps me here. I'm having a struggle, but I'm not giving up. Sometimes it seems like 92 pounds is impossible to lose. It is impossible without work and commitment, but you guys are proof that once I get serious enough to do what I need to do and keep doing it, I can lose those pounds too.
I didn't lose anything this week, but I'm pretty much O.K. with that. I didn't watch what I was eating or excersize every day. I've been sick since Wednesday evening and am trying to rest my body, but at least part of my antiviral regime is eating nothing but good immune-boosting veggies and fruits. I'm feeling much better this morning. Just a little sinus congestion. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I won't make my 8 pound goal for this challenge, since currently I'm 1 pound up from where I started! I WILL show a loss by January 24th though. Even if it's only a pound or two. I think I finally get the fact that if it takes a year or two to lose this weight, it will still be gone. I don't have to be slim by my birthday, or summer, or vacation. This post is once again getting long. Sorry folks. I can't wait to see everyone's progress.
And welcome back Apple Blossom!

Jen
238/232/140
Old 01-11-2003, 09:32 AM   #135  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi everyone. I lost 2 pounds this week. I am now at 4.5 pounds lost for this month.

Congrats grizzlyschick!! I could tell how excited you were last night! Almost there.

I hope you all have good weigh ins today.
Closed Thread