Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 11:02 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default The New Year's Challenge

As per Becky's suggestion, here is the thread to state your goals and get a kick start!!

We can do this!!

My goals:

I will begin 2004 under 200 lbs by at least 2-3 lbs. My number goal is 10lbs down (which will put me under).

I will do this by:

1. Journaling honestly for 8 weeks
2. Working out 3-4x/week
3. Checking in with Kierie!!

When you reach your goal of 10lbs down, I am going to have a day at the spa - Manicure, Pedicure and Massage.

Let's go!!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:21 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Alright Jayne - you ready to do this?

My goal is to stick with my 1/2 marathon training schedule. I can send you the schedule if you'd like. Essentially though, what I have to do is 7 work-outs each week. I have 3 sessions that are walk/run days. The mileage of these sessions varies over time. I also have 2 sessions that are either strength training or cross training (these sessions are to be 40 minutes minimum) and 2 sessions that are yoga (again at a 40 minute minimum).

I'm not sure what your goal is, but let me know. I intend to treat myself to a pedicure once you've completed it!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:35 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Ok I didn't want to have a# goal but it is difficult to make it measureable if not so I will throw one in there.

I too will set a goals at 10 lbs down because that will move me into another decade.
I will do this by:

1. Chocolate 1x/week IF absolutely neccessary otherwise stay away.
2. Water, Water, Water
3. Work out 3-4x/wk
4. Be honest with Journaling and not to go over flex points.
5. Checking in with Jess and Angie.

Belle, I got some ideas from you! Thanks!

My reward will be Professional Hair Coloring. I am usually cheap and do it myself BUT if Angie and Jess hit their goals I will spend the big bucks. I cannot wait
Old 11-10-2003, 01:43 PM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm In!!

OK, kiddos, here's my goals...

1. I would like to be 5 lbs less than my starting weight by Jan 1, which means that (if the most current 6.6 lb gain WI is correct), I need to lose 13.2 lbs and that my weight would be 176.8.

2. I'll also do some form of exercise at least 4 times a week, except during the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas (which will only be 3 times a week).

3. Also, during the Holidays, I will snack a little, but will not allow myself free reign except on Thanksgiving Eve, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.

When Becky and Angie reach their goals, I am going to take a couple of days off work. Sleeping in will be a real treat.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:45 PM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

I think that my goal will be to eat 5 daily servings of fruits/veggies and 2 daily servings of calcium or supplements.

I am going to have to figure out some kind of chart or sticker system (hey I'm a Kindergarten teacher -- I do well at sticker systems) to track my progress here. Laura, you are SO getting a pedicure baby!

And when Laura finishes her training schedule for the half-marathon, I am SO having a day at the spa -- manicure, pedicure, massage, facial, the WORKS baby!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:29 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Dahlings!
My Goals are as follows
To be 10 pounds lighter by dec 31st so Ms Belle Can get gorgeous (if its poss to be more gorgeous than she is)
To drink my water daily
To walk a half mile 3 times a week or so
(thus far I'm getting it in twice a week)
To check in with Belle! and get and give support
and Most of all to stay positive about this!
OH! and I think we should post our little Triumphs
This evening I threw out my leftovers from Lunch which was a BIG Honkin Burrito
Off to the land of Academia
Love
Kierie
Old 11-11-2003, 10:16 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Kier et al - since we are posting small successes - I was completely OP, all my fruits/veg, all my water, all my milks, and no flexpoints yestereday!! OMG!! I haven't done much exersize though, but that is due to the cough...still - I haven't been that motivated to be OP in MONTHS!

Yay New Year's Challenge!! You WILL have your day at the Spa Kier.....
Old 11-11-2003, 11:11 AM   #8  
One Sick Puppy

Belle--Yay for you!! Baby steps, sugar, baby steps!! One day like yesterday can add up to two, to three, to a month, to a year!! Good job, kiddo! (OK, I know I'm not your partner, but we can all cheer for each other, right?)
Old 11-11-2003, 02:07 PM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Thanks Jess! Yeah, I think the more positive support the better! I am on Day 2 totally OP so that makes me

BTW how'd it go with Aaron yesterday?? Are you feeling better, I hope??
Old 11-11-2003, 08:44 PM   #10  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Okay - my goal is to be 5 pounds down from today. I'm scared to make it any more than that, because it is a holiday season, and I'm moving more towards maintaining anyway.

I weighed in this morning at 158, if I am 153 on New Year's Day, I have made goal!

The way I will do this is:

1 - Planning out my meals ahead of time.

2 - Exercising 4 times/week at least.

3 - Checking in on this board as much as possible!

When Jess & Becky make their goals, I can go on a shopping spree at Victoria's Secret ... everything I have is department store - it'd be fun to have some good bras!

We can do this girls!

.... And now I have to go update my signature to match all the Halloween candy episodes I had... Depressing.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:18 AM   #11  
One Sick Puppy

Wink Patting Myself On The Back

Belle, was yesterday another good day for you, too? I sure hope so!

I ate my 24 points, earned 4 activity points for an hour-long walk, had all my fruits and veggies, all my milks and all my waters.

For some reason, I was very hungry yesterday, so I used a couple of Flex Points late in the evening. I usually pig out after WI as a celebration, but I didn't last night, so I'm feeling good!!

How did everyone else do? Hopefully fantastic!
Old 11-12-2003, 11:41 AM   #12  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Way to go Jess

Monday I did excellent, but yesterday not so much. So for today's plan is to go to the gym and avoid chocolate!

Whoops spent too much time looking at smilies!
Closed Thread