Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #31  

Txalupa....Your welcome! It was such a cute book....it is no shakespear but totally cute and a great fast read..There is some negative reviews on amazon but I LOVED it......I have been looking for a simular book ever since...Do you know any?
MichelleLoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #32  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

An amazing thread you started here!

I think mine was a combination of pain (constant back pain) and feelings that I was being suffocated by fat around my neck at night, I would have to get a large pillow under my upper back just to feel like I could breath, my boobs were so big that when I laid down the flesh was just too much (I can't believe I am writing this!).. isn't a sad thing to feel suffocated by your own fat?

I also think my age has really motivated me. I am tired of wasting my time.

ETA..
Oh and I just remembered another one. Being so out of shape that I could not keep up with my 80 year old mother in law as she and I shopped at the mall. She had to "slow down" for ME!

Last edited by Runundefined; 04-01-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #33  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirenity View Post
I went shopping with a friend at a Fashion Bug. She was also plus-sized, but was picking out cute jeans left and right to try on. And as I started sorting through the racks I had the sudden realization that there wasn't a pair of jeans in the entire store that would fit me. It hit me right then and there that being in a store that offered plus sizes still wasn't enough, that I was too big even for one of the few stores in the mall that actually carried clothes for fat people.

I had a few other moments as well that involved my health, but for whatever reason it was the jeans (or lack thereof) that hit me the hardest. I ran off into the mall and found the closest restroom in one of the department stores and started crying. So many aspects of my life were making me miserable back then and my weight was merely a reflection of that.
Just wanted to say I love your 100# lost gif! Very cool and
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I had a few rock bottom moments, one of them was when my husband called me from a local theme park where they have a number of roller coasters, and a new one that he was really excited about trying. He told me a story about a girl he felt really badly for who had waited in line forever to get on the ride, only to find she didn't fit. I asked him if I was the same size as her...and he said she might have been even a bit smaller. That made me feel horrible, I had been really excited about trying that ride too and it just hit me that I can't do the things I want to do because of my weight. So many things. That was one of the moments though among many others that finally got my butt into gear.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

My most recent "rock-bottom" was when i was dangerously close to hitting/exceeding 160 pounds, when almost none of my pants fit, when i couldn't run without getting shin splints anymore (not to mention getting tired) due to the extra weight, when i couldn't surf because i couldn't fit into my wetsuit, and when i felt like complete **** and was convinced all my guy friends would think i was disgusting and fat. Mentally it was not a good place to be. I decided things needed to change.

Last edited by surfergirl2; 04-01-2011 at 01:53 PM.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #36  

Ohh I thought of another moment...the little kids at the daycare I work for saying I had a baby in my belly....when I didnt =(
Old 04-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 195 / 162 / 145

Height: 5'5''

I noticed I lost a few pounds after moving states and it just sort of inspired me. Once I noticed it was from eating lower calorie foods I started that diet and when I saw results, just kept going. It sort of was a rock bottom point. I just needed to change for myself.
weedy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #38  

I agree with you weedy...once you get momentum going it is such much easier to keep on trucking!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #39  

any more?!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I had a lot of rocks too in my rock bottom, but the day when I finally made the change was the day that I was sitting in the hospital, because I was sick, it was all related to a virus I had eaten (stomach virus, terrible) and I was sitting there, in the ER, thinking to myself that I haven't eaten in 4 days, I'm still alive, my body obviously doesn't need as much food as I've been pushing down my throat and clearly all that yucky food got me sick (because I used to never cook at home).

I realized I never wanted to be in the hospital for this again, I didn't want my gall bladder taken out, I didn't want to be sick like this again and the only way to minimize getting sick like this, was to make sure I was as healthy as possible and that included not only eating healthy, exercising, but treating my PCOS/IR seriously and make sure that I was as healthy as I possibly could be.

Part of the hospitalization made me realize if I became diabetic, I'd probably be spending more time in the hospital and that's the last thing I wanted in my life. I was tired of being sick. I had been so sick for so long (all of it related to the crappy food I was ingesting) and I just wanted to feel healthy, light, free!!!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #41  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

when i was on holiday in fuerteventura, we decided to go on a camel ride. the guy took a look at me and said 'it's okay, our camels are strong.' i wanted to die!
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:44 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 215/204.6/140

Height: 5'2"

Mine was when my 16 yr old son rubbed my stomach and asked if i was pregnant again and when i said no he didn't believe me.
pattypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:52 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

I've been wanting to change for years and I've been majorly depressed though a lot of people never knew it. I don't really think I hit a rock bottom because every day felt that way. The biggest thing pushing me had crossed my mind a few times but really hit me Friday night was seeing an ex that always gets girls, wanted me, cheated on me, then still wants me (he likes sex with everyone but thinks emotionally and psychologically we're yin and yang...dumbass..). I realised "wow..I'm so much better than this. I'm so much better than HIM." I used to think "oh if I lost weight I'd be hot for a guy and it would be perfect" but only a few days ago I realised " **** perfect for anyone but ME". Huh...I sound conceited wow I'm sorry D: but yeah, I really want to do it this time. I want to live and be happy with myself.
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #44  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Sorry Michelle, I don't know any, but it was so good!! Maybe check out 'People who bought this book also bought... XYZ" on Amazon??
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #45  

you dont need a guy like that ilidawn! Good for you to now take care of YOURSELF!!