Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2011, 11:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/149.5/140

Height: 5'4

Default HELP! The last twenty pounds...

Hi all!
So I have been on my weight-loss journey since September 1, 2010. I have gone from 206 to 152---54 pounds lost in about six months. I have a large frame (really wide ribs) so I know I'll never be a tiny little size zero. I'm thinking I probably can't get much lower than about 135 (I'm 5'4 and have A LOT of muscle). So I've got about 15-20 more pounds that I'd like to lose--all in my belly! Over the past month and a half I have only lost about 4 pounds, but I've noticed that I've lost about 1 1/2 inches in my stomach within that same time period (with the exception of the last two weeks...I haven't noticed any change in measurements). I am having the HARDEST time getting these last 15-20 pounds to budge! I've worked so hard and have lost so much already that it feels really defeating to not being able to get these last few pounds off! I don't think I've hit a plateau because 1) I just pushed through my second plateau at 156; 4 pounds ago. 2) My measurements have gone down with the exception of the last two weeks.
I push myself hard in the gym seven days a week, I'm always dripping sweat when I leave. I don't cheat with food very often. I allow myself a cheat meal about once a month and very rarely grab tiny cheat bites here and there (I work in a restaurant so there is bad food around me ALL THE TIME). The only thing I can think of is that I've stopped counting my calories probably about a month ago. Even though I eat healthy things I know that at the end of the day if input is greater than output you don't lose weight. I will start counting my calories again. But does anyone have any advice for me? Did anyone else have so much trouble getting the last 15-20 pounds off?? I'm totally open to suggestions!
Thank you all so much!
Aleesuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #2  
look to windward

S/C/G: 185/178/145

Height: 5'7"

You'll probably get more responses to this in Support or some other area than "Goal". <3

Count calories at least loosely if you want to know what's going into you. Maybe try counting carbs? Even the most dedicated gym-goers will say TAKE ONE DAY OFF a week. Gotta let those muscles heal, you're shredding into them constantly.

But again, try in Support or look for a more relevant topic. This is more of a celebration topic than a troubleshooting one. Good luck!
nightwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/149.5/140

Height: 5'4

My thought behind putting it here was because I was hoping someone who had reached their goal may have gone through this similar frustration with the last few pounds.
Aleesuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #4  

Do not give up, the last 20 pounds is going slower because the body got used to the whole diet and exercise.

I know many people who have managed to lose weight, and then stop the diet. scale is simply "frozen" at a certain weight

only continue as before, and the results will not fai
lovely555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:08 PM   #5  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

set ur caloric intake to your BMR, create calorie deficits with exercise, not food
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:08 PM   #6  

Do not bother seven days in the gym ..

Take a day or two of rest, you deserve it
lovely555 is offline   Reply With Quote