Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 07:11 PM   #121  

Smile Thursday evening!

Hello all!

Anagram, all my best wishes that things go well for dh! Hope you can check in w/ us-- I know everyone is thinking the same.

I'm here on in Northern Delaware, just 30 minutes south of Philadelphia, PA. This morning's storm was deceiving-- many places were solid ice under the snow- no warning until you were out of control - Amazingly, I went spinning thru 3 lanes without an accident. But was praying-- Out Loud-- and then, was headed back in the right direction, breathing and heart restarted-- AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN-- got to the entrance of my job's parking lot and got stuck going up the incline. Got pushed out of that but didnt have to think twice when my husband emailed me at 3pm saying " I'm leaving my job, do you want me to come and get you?" -- The roads were now plowed, salted and sanded but am still glad I didnt have to deal with driving home by myself.

Arabella, I've read the first story about the Siberian Bear. I look forward to reading the next. No wonder you were chosen to be in the anthology!

We're tired from dealing w/ the storm all day- Going to let the dogs out once more, put some fresh linens on the bed and call it a night.

Until the morning!
Old 12-05-2002, 07:24 PM   #122  

Default had a before photo taken!!

Hey everyone! How is everyone ? Tonight i went to olin mills portrait studios tonight and hadmy kids photo taken they looked so cute, honery underneath, but cute. Anyhow, i asked the girl if she could take a photo of me alone full body,eeek! Hey this took alot to do. she was happy to take it. I told her i was trying to lose 80 pounds and she thought that was cool to take a before photo, i did it for myself, i'ts already motivating me. I ts gonna be cool because its a professional pichure, they look different you know. well just wanted to pop in and say hey to everyone i feel goooood today, thanks guys. your always in my thoughts somwhere. I'm glad i found this forum.

later and lighter
senamay
Old 12-06-2002, 05:33 AM   #123  

Smile Finally Friday!!

Hello All!!

This will be short again as DH has to take me in to work and once we get there, dig out my car so.....

Senamay! The portrait is a great idea! And brave too! One real reason I didnt see my extra pounds was that I wasnt looking- in the mirror, at the scale, etc. I was a full subscriber to
"Ignorance is bliss" -- but my second verse was " and look what I missed!" ---

Autumn- Did the snow/ice keep you home from work today?

Never mind towel boys, Empress A- could you send out the PLOW boys???

Today's thought is: (color seems to be down this am)

" After the verb 'To love', 'To help' is the most beautiful verb in the world" Bertha Van Suttner

To the best choices!
Old 12-06-2002, 08:00 AM   #124  
deleted2

Good morning! Another day snowed in, heehee! Yesterday was a good food day---I made lots of healthy things and ended the day feeling good about it all.

Kaylets, it really is scary driving on ice and snow. I really get panick-y when there's the possibility that I'll have to.

Amarantha, I remember 'Communion' and it gave me the serious willies!

Arabella, thank you for sharing your stories. My plan today is to settle in with some tea and read them as a treat after my workout!

Wildfire, I'll stay away from the cookies if you will. There's something about the allure of those Xmas-oriented ones, isn't there?

Healthy day, everybody!

Old 12-06-2002, 08:00 AM   #125  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Well, I had a binge yesterday. Not feeling well, and I've been having the occasional uncontrolled bite of this or that. I got into the Christmas chocolate, ate about a half-can of cashews and then we had pizza for dinner. I was thinking of having the leftovers for dinner tonight, but last night as I was going to sleep I thought, at this time of year I could just let it go until after New Years. But I wouldn't enjoy myself as much as I will if I stay OP. So what's the point! Pick the food and feeling less happy? I decided to go for OP and happy! Even the food is way more enjoyable when I'm OP. No brainer, but I guess I don't always use my brain.

Senamay, I agree. The photo is a really good idea. I've often been surprised by how fat I "look" in a picture. Denial! No more. Let's do this!

Kaylets, thanks for your kind words about my story. The bear one is actually based on a true story, although I "happified" the ending because I could never stand what really happened.

Re: photos - I find them much better than a mirror, because I can always stand just so when I look at myself in a mirror, but a photo sometimes catches me unawares.

Happy Friday, Punkin - I got your snow, right here! It does look really beautiful. Looking forward to getting my grandson out playing in it on Sunday.

It's still dark when DH and I go to the gym and I love that half-light look with the snow and all the Christmas lights. Actually I had a bonus walk in the dark last night when I locked my keys in the car. Had one of those "ohnoseconds" after I locked the door - sure enough, there was my key chain dangling from the ignition. And I had uncharacteristically locked every door. Half the time I leave at least ONE open, but oh, no, not this time!

Wildfire, hope you're feeling better! Is tonight the party or is it tomorrow night? Hope you go and have a fabulous time!

Ceara, I'm excited for you getting to read those for the first time! I've never forgotten them since I was a kid. They're magic! Hope you like them as much as I do.

Amarantha, I do so want to know who the Overseer is, and if s/he has a brother or sister. I really need one! Somehow we've gotten to Friday and I have gotten next to nothing done My plan was to get a jump on my work and to get the house sparkling clean. Today I guess I will try to do a little of each. How'd you get along with your three stories?

Re: getting dumped for alledged weirdness - Sure hurts, but what to do? Try to conform to avoid the pain of seeming different, and you deny who you are and live a half-life. I find it's a struggle all the time. My husband is more conventional than I am and I know I'm influenced by that, but I aim to express myself. Let's be ourselves, wonderful and maybe a bit wacky, and we will be valued by other people who are also being themselves.

Eydie, like your trash TV enabling exercise. I'm trying to think of something I could do that will let me watch something really juicy too. You know, something that I would feel too guilty to just sit down and watch. Divorce Court sounds perfect! That was hilarious about the director coming in during the "dirty bits" I can just see it!

Anagram, how are you and your husband? Sending prayers your way.

Ellis, Autumn, and all other Elfettes, both mentioned and unmentioned: Let's make this a good one. Love to all!

Last edited by Arabella; 12-06-2002 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:13 AM   #126  

Height: 5'-2"

Arabella... thank you so much for sharing your stories with us. They are beautifully written.

Anagram... continuing prayers for you and DH.

Wildfire... hope you're feeling better. You've got to show off that dress!

Senemay, that portrait IS a great idea!

Love to all...
Must run... parent teacher interviews this morning, and I must find something to wear that doesn't make me look dumpy.
Old 12-06-2002, 09:43 AM   #127  
Empress/Queen

Default Fly-by post again ...

Drifting by in my one-reindeer sleigh, Elvettes!!! Work is crazy, beading calls, and The Overseer is getting more insistent in my overcrowded brain. Yesterday was the first time in two weeks that I've been off the points ... succumbed to Cheetoes and a host of other things. Really amazing as the beloved Cheetoes gave me a headache, which I would not have noticed before starting to eat better.

Arabella: I am dying to read thy stories but didn't have time to click yesterday ... I really need to read about this Siberian bear. I plan to try the link tonight! Was semi-confused as to thinking thou meant to post them here ... mine braineth not really always in gear when I'm posting. Hmmmm. Who is The Overseer? No one knows for sure!!!

I think this line bears repeating: "Try to conform to avoid the pain of seeming different, and you deny who you are and live a half-life." I absolutely agree! Thanks for stating that so concisely.

Eydie: Amarantha somehow missed the inception of the "trash t.v." discussion, so I'm not replying to anyone's points because I don't know what they are! But could be those shows (hmmmm, thinking of Jerry Springer, Divorce Court, Judge Judy, etc.) could be like Cheetoes for the mind. I have watched sometimes and Springer especially makes me physically sick! Scary to me to think little kids at home might be watching this garbage and thinking this is how the world is. Unless ... gosh, maybe the world IS like the Jerry Springer show!

Re: Tea! Did a story yesterday about a kid's group studying herbs at a local state park where there is an herb garden. They gave us several little glasses of tea made with different herbs and the kids were supposed to guess what herbs were in them. Really delicious, though I couldn't decide what the herbs were and we were never really told exactly.

Kaylets: As it happens, the Empire o' Fit Folkettes hath a whole contingent o' idle Plow Boys hanging around (gloat: as it DOESN'T SNOW MUCH HERE) and the Empress hath dispatched them to thy neck o' the woods by broomstick!! Help be on the way!!!

Ellis: Amarantha were kidding only with her post about offending and apologies ... just another example of the murky obscurity of the dark tunnel that leadeth to her brain! Hope thou enjoyest the parent-teacher interviews!

Senamay: Good for you for having your portrait done. It's a neat idea about the before and after pictures, but I'd also bet that if you sat down alone and really looked at the portrait, you will see that you do not have to lose weight to be beautiful. But it sounds like a fun idea to document your changes!

Punkin: When be thou going to Yuma? So sorry thou dost not have snow, if thou wantest it?!

TO ALL: SEE THEE LATER!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 11:09 AM   #128  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday!!!!

Wow this week flew! Got my Ochoco kitty to the vet yesterday and back home before the freezing fog made driving too difficult. It *can* lift any day now... really.... I AM getting quite tired of it!

Kaylets - You be careful out there! Ice is the worst, which is why I wish it would just snow here. I guess you had a guardian angel with you in that little "lane change".

Senamay - Great idea about the photo. That will be very nice to have 80 pounds from now so you can say "look where I started!!".

Amarantha - Communion scared the crap outta me. There's a crop circle I want to have tattooed on my lower back but I have a small irrational fear that it's going to "mark" me for abduction somehow
As for being dumped because of being weird - IMO (which is always so humble) I believe that anyone who would dump you because of who you are wasn't a friend to begin with. A few years ago when I came out (in the religious sense) to my two best friends (mormon & catholic) I was a little afraid, but nothing changed in how they treated me - the best sign of true friends. They love you if you're weird to them or not!

Yuma... It keeps getting pushed back. I may be insane, but I think I might try to go in June so I can be in CA for my goddaughter's 13th birthday and school graduation. I will probably roast my a$$ off in Arizona in the summer time, but that's what SPF 30 is for!

That's all for now... gotta do some work so it at least looks like I *earn* my paycheck!

Terri
Punkin - and it IS Friday!!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 12:58 PM   #129  
smarty pants-skinny pants

Default Greetings to all elves!

I know everyone else has said it before, but it must be said again - WOW, people are posting a lot! I love it, it truly makes one feel part of a dynamic community. It sure does take a long time to catch up when you miss a few days, though!

Today is my WI, and Ceara, mark me down to 171.5, please! I think it's possible that I CAN break into the 160's by Christmas, and am just so excited about it!

DH and I celebrated early Christmas last night. We'll be travelling again for the holidays, and both presents were too big to bring along. I got him an oriental rug for his office, and he got me my dream gift of several years running - a sewing machine!!! It may sound unexciting to some, but I really love the joy of creating something, and am so keen to sew some curtains and a little coat for the dog. Yep, I'm wacky, but so excited now!

Kaylets - I want to let you know that I've been thinking about your "Here's to the best possible choices" every day - it's really a great mantra...it's not that failure is involved, but there is incentive to do the best you can do. It sticks with me. Be careful driving out there in the snowy craziness - do you have snowtires?

Arabella - Congratulations on being published! I am a professor out here in communication studies - I've published several articles and book chapters, but am really excited to one day publish a book. It must be very exciting.

Ellis and Eydie - thanks for you comments on the exercise balls. I think I might go to a gym and try some before I purchase - but I really like the idea of using it as a seat. My posture is terrible!

Wildfire - it's party day! Let us all know if you were feeling well enough to go the party and report to us every envious and adoring look that you got!

Punkinseed - I am so happy to hear that your mom is doing well...it's a tremendous feeling when you can think everything is right with the world, and it's important to really recognize these moments! Oh, and by the way, I think Irish Setter is going to look great, especially at this holiday time! My dog is that red color, and I always wish I could exchang ehair with him!

Amarantha - It was ages ago that you said it, but I am really happy to meet another Harry Potter fan who refuses to see the movies. I know that our whole society is based on capitalisim, but I hate to see such a joy and educational moment for kids capitalized so heavily! It's hard to reconcile joining in with that.

Anagram - If you're back on here at all, know that our sincere good wishes go out to you and your DH...I'm sure he's got a strong spirit, and coupled with yours I'm sure you two will make it through this.

To everyone else I didn't mention by name - it's so fun reading all that you write! I'm really going to miss it again when I go out of town...I'm becoming an Internet junkie because of all of you!

Take care, everyone-
Cheers,
Cybele
Old 12-06-2002, 01:24 PM   #130  

HI all
Made it through the week eating ok except today a little ultimate crumb cake fell into my mouth...dam those aliens! Oh well, my workouts have not been all that great however im still going to the gym so i guess i will take that as doing ok. Im assisting a wedding tomorrow..photography wise....i set up shots...which i think eventually i will regain my confidence to shoot the shots. Just to let you know my web site is http://www.picture123.com
im not advertising i guess maybe just showing you my passion. Sometimes i doubt my skills...will that ever go away? Is there ever a time in life where not one doubts that they are not a loser? Or is that just me?

IM actually doing well despite my self esteem issues today. Trying to mingle more..meeting more people. Which is great. I think im rambling.

Ok so Pumpkinseed im glad your friends are true friends. They are hard to find so you lucky and i think its cool that your honest with yourself...and you know who you are. Its hard to do that. I also think its cool your going to CA. WHere in CA are you going too? Are you still making christmas ornaments?

Even though im not christian i still love the holiday! So vibrant.
And the snacks are way to tasty!

Amarantha, i agree especially the talk shows are such crap. I guess it follows with the enquirer, star, and other gossip/shocking stuff. Like its not hard to just live your life as a kid while infiltrating such junk.

Talk to you guys later...
Sheryl
Old 12-06-2002, 01:36 PM   #131  

Oh yea i wanted to say i love the exercise ball. I love when they use it in my class. I dont own one i have no room for it. But its great for your abs and you back does not hurt.

Wildfire- i to cant wait to hear about your holiday party...and the dress. We have a holiday party next thursday..not sure what im doing to wear..however im 85lbs thinner from last year so i imagine people might notice. LoL I have another year to take off 30lbs...thank god.

Ah i think your christmas present sounds awesome..i wish i knew how to sew....Cybele...i always admire crafty people..im visually creative but not hands on at all...sigh

Well im going back to work...have a good friday!
Sheryl
Old 12-06-2002, 10:03 PM   #132  

Default fri day night.

Hello to all happy friday exspecially to punkinseed.

For everyone who said talk shows are junk, well i agree if you leave oprah,and my preciouse Dr.Phil out of there.

I think Phil is awesome he's now secretly my other 1/2 husband never has to know a thing, ok girls. I'm sorry i'ts the southern accent the kind hearted words. i dont know but hes just awsome. Any who.

I cant lie, my kids and husband are driving me insane. REALY. I have a husband that dosent disipline my kids hes such a jerk sometimes. He talks bad to me, hurts my feelings and i feel like a maid or a servant i'm thinking of going on strike from him, just so he sees what i do for him, i wouoldnt do that to my kids but there spoiled too. big time, my husband verbally abuses me. that sucks because i am a good person i was raised in a good home with awsome parents they were the real thing when it came to love, my husband doesnt have aclue what that word means. Hes ruining me and my kids and i need to do somthing about it soon, ive divorced him and remarried him. dumb!! But i did it for the kids. im so confused, i have no job, no money, nothing, i'm just the mrs. for 11 years ??? If i leave i would go to my brothers and get on my feet until i can support myself and kids, Has anyone out there had to divorce with kids, ??? could use some advice on this id appreciate it. let me note the onley reason i here is because of my kids, but at the same time i'm hurting them by staying here?? Whats a mom to do. I'm not in love anymore. im just the maid. scared and confused..

my husband drinks,smokes,cusses, hates his job, hates paying bills, hates being around people,blames me for everything except the weather. i'm just sick of it. please reply...your friend

later and lighter
senamay
Old 12-06-2002, 10:23 PM   #133  

Height: 5'-2"

Senamay, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I haven't had this experience, but I have a friend in the same situation. She told me yesterday that she can't take it anymore, and after Christmas she's leaving her husband.
I wish I could offer you some good advice. It sounds as though you've really had enough, and it's an unhealthy relationship to continue. Unhealthy for ALL of you.
You're fortunate if you can stay with your brother. Make sure you think everything through before you make a move. Don't put yourself at a disadvantage.
My friend is leaving everything behind except for some money in a savings. She's stayed at home with her kids for almost 20 years, and thinks she is worthless. She's not taking ANYTHING with her, and I think she's crazy. She's worth every bit as much as he is.
Don't sell yourself short the way she's doing. You're a very special person. Hang in there... you're going to be alright.
I'll be praying for you, sweetie... hugs...
ellis
Old 12-07-2002, 01:07 AM   #134  
Empress/Queen

Senamay, I'm also sorry you're going through this. Dunno, reading your post, it almost seems as though you've already made up your mind and thought this through very well. It seems as though you have a plan to go to your brother and go on from there in sorting out this relationship. That seems really a sensible and safe way to go because you should not have to deal with this alone. No one should have to take abuse, verbal or otherwise, and please remember there is help out there available to keep you and your children safe and to help you get a job, find counseling and start an independent life if that is what you decide to do. I could tell right from the start that you were a good person, Senamay, and you have a good future in front of you. Dunno. I just have that crystal ball feeling that you're gonna make it. Just don't wait around too long if you feel endangered in anyway, ok?

See you! (P.S. I like Dr. P. also ... what do you think he'd tell you to do?)
Old 12-07-2002, 06:52 AM   #135  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hi Senamay, I was married to an alcoholic and separated from him when my son was 2. It's not easy being on your own with children, but you can make your own life, instead of just trying to survive a bad situation.

If you do decide to stay with your husband, is counseling a possibility?

Take care.
Closed Thread