Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 08:00 PM   #106  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh... Wildfire... you poor darling. I wished you well elsewhere, but I forgot about your dress!!! aaaaaaaaaaargh!!
Two days... oh dear... hugs, sweetie...

Senamay, I'm glad you're getting back on track. (I know what you mean about the kids... mine are driving ME crazy, too! My 13 year old is peering over my shoulder and rolling her eyes.)
Old 12-04-2002, 08:46 PM   #107  

Smile Wed evening!

My post got dumped!!!!!!!!!

Ah well, I was "speaking" my mind about Harry Potter and I will take the dump as an omen that everything's already been said and I don't really have anything new to add--

Arabella! I saw your name on the list! Please include me for the stories! I will read yours first! CONGRATULATIONS!! This is exciting!

Senamay! And just for review-- We keep NO GUILT Cards here on the table because guilt is overated. Too much time is spent on guilt from not staying on program. ( whatever your program is) -- And guilt hates to be alone so guilt says " well, this was a bad choice, you might as well make a few more bad choices" --
In fact, there really isn't a "bad" food vs "good" food- Its how we
act with certain food- We all know our triggers. Some of the foods that might set me out of control may be able to sit for weeks in your house. I have my strategies but some days, for whatever reason, I do not make the best choices. But I can't give guilt too much time because guilt is not necessary. I can't be perfect because I'm human.
I think maybe this summer on another thread, we had a discussion about how if you were traveling and had a flat tire, you wouldnt keep driving the car on the flat. You'd stop the car, get the tire changed and continue on your journey. That's what the NO GUILT Cards are for--To remind us to dust ourselves off and keep moving forward.
And don't forget to turn the card over --its another reminder " You're never behind, just jump right in" Each one of our journeys is individual to each one of us. Sometimes, the road has potholes or there's heavy traffic or maybe you might even have to find a new route--

But you're not alone. Each of us was drawn here because this is a support thread. And often times, in supporting someone else, you are in turn supporting yourself.

And, IMHO, its the best thread around!

Got to get ready for the BIG STORM! Where's my icescraper?

oh, and PS- Yes, I realized after I got to work and opened my email there that I had missed both "bees" in Today's Thought- Luckily, its a familiar quote, I trust everyone knew what was missing!!

Eydie! Don't give up yet! Maybe you'll feel well enough to make an appearance??

Last edited by Kaylets; 12-04-2002 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:07 PM   #108  

Talking QUICK STOP

It's been very very busy and I just haven't had time to post - actually, I don't have time right now. But I just wanted to let you all know I am still hanging in on the challenge, and for those that asked: my mammogram went great. Thanks for asking!

I will catch up with you guys later in the week when I have a little more time.

My thoughts and support are with you all! Hang in there!!

Old 12-04-2002, 09:17 PM   #109  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Default My Eyes!!!!!

Oh My!?! What a sorry bunch!

What a tremendous amount to read and digest! Who has time for novels ? The new Ridley Pearson was pretty good though.....

So I am running 2 sessions so I can browse and post....he, he, at the same time...sorta.

Hafta jump into the Harry bit here...since I am a Kiddy Lit course grad...I loved those books...read them all once and listened to them on tape twice....read by a Brit...Jim Dale I believe, excellent unabridged production...love those books on tape for driving O'Hag. Anyway another "hot" author...in a similar vein is Tamora Pierce...strong female characters mostly, but also some male...fantasy.

Heh, speaking of fantasy... Victoria's Secret. I have to admit that I have a perverse urge to try a thong . My daughter (18) wears them and sez they are comfortable...not there yet, feel that the nether cheeks are too voluminous at this time...but I'm with you guys...especially Senamay...ONE OF THESE DAYS!

Thanks Punkin for the Excellent health news....we were worried.
Senamay, I too have a friend who underwent that surgery...actually husband of a friend...he had a horrid time, with many complications...no food for nearly 2 months(because of the complications), severe depression, his blood was all out of wack...developed a diabetic condition, bedsores and the list goes on...he was on liquid food (with antibiotics) for that whole time....NOTHING by mouth not even water...he had a leak somewhere and because he was so large, he could not fit into the imaging machine so they could find it. Besides, there is a real danger that you can stretch that tummy again and end up just where you were. I tell you girl, we ALL look for the easy way, but man oh man I wouldn't wish what he went through on anyone. I think we all get "depressed" at times...be it with ourselves, or our lives or whatever. The thing is to work past it, because no matter what we think, we all are beautiful, and if no one gets it, well guess what...it's their loss and problem, not ours.

Wildfire...zinc lozenges...don't let those bugs adhere...of course you could have a real throaty sexy voice by Friday to go with that dress....

Funny, when my kids drove me nuts...now I just laugh at them....I used to say that I was going to go out on the 401 and speed, just to get thrown in jail for a good nights rest! I was serious!
Try changing your name from MOM for a day and not telling them what it is...

There, made it through 3 pages....chatty bunch we are.
However, I really appreciate the chatter...sorry bunch that we are...I thought that apologizing was a Cannuck thing??? eh?

Chins up and in, tummies tucked and ...you never know...

Ceara...
of the red wine tonight

Last edited by ceara; 12-05-2002 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:10 PM   #110  

Default kids are asleep!!

KAYLETS...THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE FLAT TIRE STORY, THATS ONE I WONT FORGET. AND FOR THE MOTIVATION. I 'LL GET BACK ON TRACK DONT WORRY. I'M WEIGHING IN FRIDAY AND EVEN IF I GAIN, OH WELL TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.

AUTUMN... OK I HAVE TO ASK I;VE THOUGHT OF HAVING A MAMMOGRAM, BUT I NEED TO KNOW IF IT HURTS, I HAVE DOUBLE D'S..HAHA JUST THE THOUGHT AND I GO IN PAIN,

CEARA...THONG??? OK THOUGHT ABOUT IT ONCE ALSO THEN SAID I DONT THINK SO, I THINK MY CHEEKS WOULD SHAKE JUST ALITTLE TO MUCH, NEED SOMETHING BACK THERE TO HOLD THEM PUPPIES DOWN. AND ON THE JAIL COMMENT, I'VE ACTUALLY SAID THAT SAME LINE TO MY KIDS, GUESS WE MOMS THINK ALIKE. I TOLD MY SONS ID BE GLAD TO GO TO JAIL, LAY DOWN AND HAVE A MAGAZINE HAVE SOME GUY IN UNIFORM BRING ME MY MEALS, KINDA SOUNDS NICE.HAHA DAYDREAM MORE LIKE IT.

I PICKED UP ON THE (who has time to write novels) ok i'm guilty in there somewhere. The last few days ive posted some long post, hey i need someone to talk too whos over 11 yrs.old.

Have a husband??? But ....well you can fill in that blank. Sometimes i dont think he sees me or talks to me, untill his belly growls or the remote is missing. HELLO! QUESTION?????
WHY SO MEN THINK WE KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS IN THE HOUSE?INCLUDING THERE STUFF. DA. I JUST LOVE IT WHEN MY HUSBAND SAYS "HONEY WHERES MY BOOTS, WHERES MY SOCKS, WHERES MY UNDERWWEAR, COAT .LIGHTER,CIGS, COFFEE.UUUUGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! I DONT KNOW.

could you jusst see if we were like that ...honey where did i take my shoes off, have you seen that one pan i cook in? oh and honey wheres my socks and underwear?? ok whatever. man i wish i knew this stuff before i walked down that isle.

The other day a friend of my brother was showing me her engagement ring, and my first reaction was (OH NO!!) she looked at me and laughed i did apoligize, and said (i mean congratulations.) just wait she'll see.

well goodnight all from the north pole..later and lighter,senamay

current weight...246 goal weight236
Old 12-05-2002, 05:33 AM   #111  

Smile Storming Thursday!

Its heeerrrrreeeee!!!! The storm has arrived!

About 1 1/2" out there so far, and its not quite 5:15am-

So I'm off to get out there early and have enough time for whatever there is I find!

PS -- I try to have something to read for those times I'm waiting in the car and the best guilt free way for me to read is on the stationary bike or the treadmill!!

Today's thought is:

'If Columbus had turned back, no one would have blamed him, but then no one would have remembered him either "

To the best possible choices!
Old 12-05-2002, 06:22 AM   #112  

Looks like I've been missing a lot of interesting posts. Just time for a quickpost. Did not have a weigh in yesterday. DH is in intensive care. Complex situation. A very sick puppy.

So I'll be doing the challenge in my heart (and so far have not really blown it - took him to emergency Monday so that's pretty good for me). But it will probably be a while and you might want to remove me from the list.

Wishing you all loads of losses.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:34 AM   #113  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Anagram, sending good wishes and healing energy to your husband. Remember to take good care of yourself through this. We all care about you.

Amarantha, you're so right about people fearing what they don't understand, what doesn't conform to their established boundaries. To some extent, I feel like I've lived a lot of my life reining myself in so that people don't find me too weird (my only friend in highschool dropped me because people thought I was weird and she wanted to be popular - still painful!). But as I get older, I'm trying to just be myself, because otherwise, what's the point of life!

Eydie, my body is also keen to hold on to every ounce. I'd like to think of this as a positive, a la "I don't have to eat very much," but since I like to eat very much it's a little problematic. My MIL is 87 years old, 5 foot nuthin' and not overweight, but can really pack the food away. This is complicated by her being from the south and of an era where women were supposed to have dainty appetites, so she frequently says she only wants a bite and then sends me back to the kitchen for seconds and thirds. Cute!

Wildfire, sending you some healing vibes too! Why the noive of those germs - don't they know you're Queen of Cape Breton! Hope you feel perfect by time for the party!

Senamay, I have a pet theory about why men can't find stuff around the house. It's genetic! Goes back to prehistoric times when men were hunters and women were gatherers. This explains why men are fascinated by moving objects (footballs, baseballs, hockey pucks) and can easily spot them, but can't see the jar of mayonaise which just sits there (although right in front of them) in the fridge.

Kaylets, I like your approach to waiting in the car. My mom always did that too, or she would happily just sit and watch whatever was going on around her. I'm bad about waiting, especially if I don't know exactly (and I mean exactly) how long I'm going to have to wait. I'm sure it all goes back to the problems of being General Manager of the Universe. Still trying to quit!

I'm going to put my stories into a single file and then post them in a separate message so they don't get lost in the shuffle. I'm sorry, though, I don't have any digital copies of anyone else's stories. Although my husband has some poetry in it and I might be able to send it too....

Ceara, KidLit must have been a fun study. I just recently came across a kid's book that I'd been looking for most of my adult life, "The Wind on the Moon." It had been out of print and a publisher that was focused on reissuing great forgotten books put it out. It's great! I just found another one on Amazon, "The Golden Pine Cone." Now, how to slyly get DH to buy for me for Christmas...

Ellis, I know how you feel with your 13 year old daughter reading over your shoulder. Why my 53 year old husband was doing the same thing last night!

Autumn, glad your mammogram went well. It is a little daunting trying to keep up with all the posts, isn't it. I sometimes resolve to just do a quick daily post and then send a long one once a week. But I work at my computer all day and end up sneaking back in..... have to break that habit if I want to get any work done.

Punkin, if AR were God I would get religion quick! Yeah! My SIL stopped by last night and was talking about the Harry Potter movie. Said she really liked it but that HRH AR wasn't in it enough for her liking. And then we enthused about him for a good 15 minutes. She said that one of the things she really likes about him is that he's totally devoted to his partner (is there anything sexier than a good husband/daddy?!) who is not a ravishing beauty but apparently brilliant.

Okay, time for me to go have coffee with my son. I should be working, but --- ah, I'll work later! Love to all!

Let's make this a good one!
Old 12-05-2002, 07:44 AM   #114  

Height: 5'-2"

Anagram.... I'll be saying prayers for you and your DH. love and hugs...
Old 12-05-2002, 08:35 AM   #115  
deleted2

Anagram, we're all sending you and your husband good healing thoughts. Please take care of yourself and thanks for checking in with us.

Arabella, Thank you for the offer to share your stories---I graciously accept! Please add me to the list!

Wildfire, I sincerely hope that you're feeling better and that your illness was just some weird short-lived fluke!

Ceara, I LOVE books-on-tape!I listened to all 4 of the HP books read by the author you mentioned. You're right, he's excellent! A few years ago I listened to Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles read by Frank Muller, another excellent reader. My job is cook at a continuing education center and the director always managed to walk in during the 'dirty parts'--made for some interesting conversation!

Kaylets, While you do something serene and classy like reading during your time on the bike or treadmill, I squander my time by watching trashy TV! Woohoo! I figure I can justify it then. Maybe there'll be a nice juicy Divorce Court on today....

Well, we're officially snowed/iced in today! I love it but the challenge is not to spend the day eating. Also, We're giving gourmet gift baskets this year that we're assembling ourselves so our spare bedroom is overflowing with exotic treats---about 3 feet away from me. I've thrown a blanket over them and if I don't see them I'm not that tempted. That's my plan, anyway!

Old 12-05-2002, 08:35 AM   #116  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Hi

Arabella, I think our library has both those...Wind on the moon - Linklater? and the golden pinecone..Clark? I've requested both..on your recommendation and will read..also would love to read your stories. Add me to the list?

Mammogram ladies. I know not the most comfortable, but are very important...a helpful tool and if you get a good technician (usually a woman is best) to do the deed, they are tolerable. The consequences of not having them is worse.

Anagram, keeping you and DH in thoughts today.

Eydie, thou posteth whilst I doth! (geez that's hard, I feel my brain stretching!). I listeneth to BOT all the time whilst I drive in my carriage. Cannotst tolerate the drivel on the radio. Bestest part is that thou canst rewind and hear those "hot spots" again!

Have a great day all! Friday is coming!

Ceara

Last edited by ceara; 12-05-2002 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:25 AM   #117  
Empress/Queen

Default Fly-by post ...

Flying in on my Christmas sleigh to post quickly so's I can get three stories finished before flying out to interviews! Ho! Ho! Ho! Amarantha is still in bed, so this post is by The Overseer! (You don't want to know who that is!)

Anagram: Wishing you and your DH the best! So sorry this is visited upon you at this time and hoping things get better. Please keep updating us!

Arabella: I would love to read your stories, too. Where are you going to post them? I never seem to be able to open attachments on this site ... my weird computer. I wouldn't post them in your journal or anything like that if I were you, though, as you'd lose control of them. Again, congratulations!!! P.S. I've also been dropped because I'm weird!! Ain't it grand? This is also the reason I closed down my journal on 3FC.

Eydie, Ceara: I also love books on tape! Great for people who basically work in their cars all day! The first book on tape I ever listened to was "Communion" by Whitley Streiber (sp?), read by Roddy McDowell. It so totally spooked me, I listened to it over and over when I was in the car.

Autumn: Glad for the good mammogram news and BTW, Senamay, it could hurt much more NOT to have one, so go for it!!

Kaylets: Thanks for the reminder on the flat tire concept!! That's really something to think about! Sorry thy Harry post got dumped. Wouldst have liked to hear thy thoughts on ol' Harry!

Wildfire: Sorry thou hast razor blades in thy throat! I'm no doc, but that doesn't sound good! Get better soon!

Ellis: Amarantha apologizeth if her post on apologizing offended thee! Or wast thou apologizing because of the apologies that caused A. to post on apologies OR ... !!!!It be nice to have thee here, Ellis!!! Woo-hoo!

That's as far down the page as A. can see, so to all who might be on the other pages that A. hath not replied to, well, apologies!!!

Bye!!!
Old 12-05-2002, 09:37 AM   #118  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Stories

Here are my stories. Hope you like them, and if anyone can't access them, PM me with your email address and I'll send them to you.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:26 AM   #119  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Anagram-so sorry hubby isn't well. I have been down that road. Remember to accept the help that is offered to you. You are strong, but taking care of yourself and being there for hubby emotionally is what is important right now.

Kaylets-what area is snowing? Although watching the weather channel, quite a few places are getting the white stuff. My bf watches the weather channel ea day before work. We washes semi trucks. If there is any sight of rain, there is no business. It si busy, if the trucks just got out of snow tho, all the crud to wash off.

Eydie-stay out of the pantry today. I used to go suck on icecicles when I had days like those.

Wildfire-take care of yourself! To everyone else, Happy Thursday! I have to clean today. No more computer time. Why is December cookie season? I am never going to make goal if the cookies don't stay away from me!!!! ~flower
Old 12-05-2002, 11:51 AM   #120  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday eve everyone!!

Christmas shopping Saturday... I can't believe how fast this month is going!

Arabella - Obviously I didn't read your other post thoroughly! Congratulations on getting published!!!! That's got to be SO exciting! Thank you for including the link to your work, I look forward to reading this afternoon!
About Alan Rickman - yes, something quite attractive about a man that devoted. It's my understanding they've been together over 30 years and she's some sort of economics professor. I do however, wonder about someone who never marries after over 3 decades... but I guess if it's not broke don't fix it right?

Anagram - My thoughts are with you and your husband. I hope he's doing much better very soon. Please keep us posted.

Ellis - Seems we got on an apology kick! No one offended anyone, just sometimes I think we have a *fear* of offending - since we all like each other so much and essentially this is like email - it's very hard to convey emotion, kidding, humor, etc...

Wildfire - No, you can't be sick!! I'm sorry... hopefully in the next couple days you can get some rest and feel at least 1/2 human by the party (I hopeIhope).

Senamay - I'm with ya. When does the plane for the Bahamas leave?? Bags are packed, just say the word...

Ceara - I wore thongs when I was at a healthy weight (I won't say "skinny"). They are pretty comfy, but you have to get used to them.
Thank you also for saying what you did about mammograms. I haven't had the (dis)pleasure yet since I'm 32 with no family cancer history, but my Mom's 3 calcification "spots" - 2 found 3 years ago and 1 just last week - were both found on mammograms. Thankfully she's fine, but you always wonder about the "what if" - if you don't have a mammogram you don't know WHAT could be going on.

Kaylets - Hey, send some of that snow this way would ya'? I can't believe it's December and yesterday it RAINED!!! Of course then it froze so everything looks shalacked... Snow is easier to drive on than this stuff and it doesn't *look* like winter darn it!

Ok, I should get some work done so tomarrow is as "work-free" as possible.

Terri
Closed Thread