Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 09:15 PM   #16  

Default I want to be a loser!!

Hello all from the buckeye state. Hope everyones off to a good start. Well i had my turkey dinner today, friday,and another tomorrow at my husbands famileys. I came home and went to the "Y" and swimmed and excersized in the water. I admit it made me feel alot better.
KAYLETS: yes ive learned alot from the computer but theres still so much to learn. hey i found you guys thats whats important!
AMARANTHA: I like your falalalalalalalalose!! thats cool. I'm starting the ww points also probaly next monday. wish me luck.
Autumn: good luck with your weight loss and welcome to the christmas challenge!!! Theres alot of great gals on this page. wish i knew ya in person.hahaha kinda feel like i do.
STARTING WEIGHT;248...... CHRISTMAS WEIGHT.... 236 LOSE..12P.

LATER AND LIGHTER
SENAMAY
Old 11-29-2002, 09:31 PM   #17  

Default ONE LAST TIME BEFORE BED.

Hello again all i just got done reading everyones post, i was safe and sound at home with familey, dident shop for a thing. which is totally not like me. I LOVE the day after thanksgiving sales. dont mind the lines and traffic guess thats part of being a women,haha my husband thinks women are crazy for shopping like that. Hey, its what we do! until tomorrow, next weigh day friday.
later and lighter,
senamay
Old 11-29-2002, 10:53 PM   #18  

Boy I sure seem to be lagging behind these days takes me all my time to read the posts to catch up. Well I didn't quite make the Halloween challenge , well I was only off by 1/2 lb and the turkey challenge well I lost all my weight befor hand so I was off by 4lbs. So Im a little afraid to say because you know 3 strikes your out. So i will aim for 7.5 but will be happy with 5, starting at 197.4 would like to get to 180. I don't think it isreasonable but I sure will try.
Old 11-30-2002, 07:26 AM   #19  

Smile Serene Saturday!

Hello all!

My first post disappeared and that's ok because I was looking for today's thought when my post was lost. It made me start all over, and I wound up looking somewhere I had never looked before which is the moral of my story- It gave me a whole new perspective........

Dollar! was wondering if you had beaten that cold yet! I wonder if you chose your Christmas goal in part because it will also make 100lbs gone? And how's your daughter's journey going ?

Ceara! What does a "proctor" do at the dog shows if you don't mind me asking? And I know its just me but the "control C" went right over my head. Unless you mean the Control C on my Keyboard?

Senamay! I am green w/ envy! Swimming is a goal of mine that had to be put on hold for time and budget!

Aramantha! The catalog is bound like a regular hardback but there is a 1" X 1" piece of hide glued to the first leaf w/ a printed note telling you that it's there for you to get the "scent" of the leather. Interesting.
But I just have to ask! What kind of beading have you taken up? Hand, Loom? ???

Autumn: At least you had a chance to spend time w/ you sil -- so maybe next time, not so early !!

Dh's been up for awhile, not feeling whole lot better but we may go for a ride and look at a few yardsales advertised in the paper.
Just never know what treasures are out there!!

Does anyone garden? I have two types of hydrangeas- the traditional "snowball" bush type and a climbing hydrangea- Do you think I'd damage the plant if I didnt cut them back? and while we're on that subject, same question for the blackberry bushes.

Today's thought is:

"One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach, one can collect only a few"--- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Here's to the best possible choices!
Old 11-30-2002, 10:49 AM   #20  

Talking Off to a great start…

Let me start by saying being part of this challenge is contributing to my positive outlook! I already feel part of the group! Thanks all! :

Ceara – I’ve left you a PM on my goal info. You can update at your convenience. Thanks so much!

Amarantha & Semanay – I used to LOVE shopping in the mall, but then this thing called "the Internet" came along (maybe you've heard of it? ), and I LOVE shopping online. But I totally understand the thrill of going shopping. It’s like a high when you find just the right thing, or get a great price.

Kaylets – you are such a bargain hunter. I guess I’m too lazy (heck I'll admit it: I KNOW I'M TOO LAZY!). BTW – I am pretty sure you can cut the hydrangea - I know my mom would know for sure.

Eydie – your lo-fat T-day dinner is a great way to help you stay OP but it also helps all those at your table as well. Did they even notice?

Dollar, Arabella, Wildfire and everyone else – hello and hope all is going well!

My day is going well - started off the day with my exercise. Love it when I get that done first and have the whole day ahead of me! Not much planned today: will do a bit of housework (and maybe burn off a few more calories scrubbing my kitchen floor – it’s disgusting! ), then sit with my older daughter for some 1:1 time with her reading comprehension assignment. If both my girls are “good”, Harry Potter may be part of their afternoon. I’m hoping they’re good because I want to see it! DH is out having a day with his brother, baseball card shopping. He'll be a happy camper when he gets home.

Make it a great day everyone!
Old 11-30-2002, 06:54 PM   #21  
Empress/Queen

Default Night falleth ...

Elbertine Pep here reporting in for Amarantha, who be off to the Empire o' Fit Folk where they've asked her to come back and be the Empress again. Seems her new attitude and breaking through the weight loss plateau hath so pleased the population they want to reopen the palace and re-establish the ceremony o' the Weekly Weigh on the Golden Scale of Good Intentions, whereby, well, good intentions are weighed as well as !!!! Empress Amarantha be scheduled to hop on that scale tomorrow and is looking forward to it!!! Tonight she be decking the halls o' the Imperial Palace and hanging her stockings with care in preparation for the annual 26 Days of Christmas Celebration o' Weight Management Goals, which actually started yesterday and hey, by the way, THIS IS THE 25TH DAY!! Counting backwards, of course, but you knew that!!! Fa-la!!!

Amarantha be OP again today, hooray, and instructeth me to say, HEY, WHAT A GREAT DAY, to all Christmas Challengers that herein reside!!! Ho, ho, ho!!! Santa's on his way with a new weight goal in his sleigh!!! Hooray!!!

Autumn: May we say that thy presence is contributing to OUR positive outlook as well!!! Woo-hoo, it's great to have thee here. Amarantha loveth to shop on the internet also, but there's also something great about getting out and fighting the crowds in our mutual lust for STUFF!!! Very stimulating! Hope you got to see Harry!

Kaylets: I be doing loom beading at this time ... can't get the hang of peyote stitch, which is my next desire! I covered part of my WW organizer with a strip of loomed beadwork ... rainbow-colored dogs on a blue background ... looks quite cool if I do say so! My ultimate goal would be to do a loomed vest ... not lined, just beadwork. That could take awhile, so I'm just going to do some more bracelets. I've also crocheted, knitted and tatted with beads but it is not as much fun as the weaving. Hope thy DH is better soon. Can't help on the garden question ... lots of things grow here but not hydrangea bushes!!!

Dollar: Your losses have been terrific and I know you'll make your Christmas goal!!! It is an ambitious one but you can do it!!!

Senamay: Thy goal be ambitious also, but Hago seeth in the crystal ball that thou will find success also!!! Good luck on the points ... I just love the system, which is opposite of the way I thought I'd feel about them. I DO WISH THEE LUCK BUT YOU WON'T NEED IT BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAVE THE POWER INSIDE OF YOU TO BRING THIS PROJECT TO A SUCCESSFUL CONCLUSION!!! Go for it!!! Woo-hoo!!!

To All: Have a great rest o' the night and let's all go out there and win one for SANTA!!!! Hoooo-hoooo-hoooooo!!!
Old 11-30-2002, 10:58 PM   #22  

Default saturday night!

Hello all to the elfettes,out there. So look forward to my reading time on this page. Thanks again for the support,you guys are awsome.
AMARANTHA... Thanks for the luck,and the ww. welcome, i was on it before, but not long enough to be succesful. Our meeting is on Monday night,so i'll be joining this monday, i'll keep you posted on my success,good luck to you to. Reading your post is like reading the bible, with your thinketh, and thoughs and thees hahahahaha. But hey i learned your language.
Question, are you living on ww. frozen meals or 1/2 and 1/2. I had a problem the first time fitting all my points in i needed in one day. Aint that weird? until next time.
KAYLETS... I'm not a pro swimmer,haha i float more. But the Aquanastics at the "Y" has helped me alot. I have lower back problems sometimes,and my chiropractor told me to stay in the water more than excersize on land and it took the edge offmy back. I enjoy it alot. You can even lift water weights did you know that? pretty cool. well have a great Sunday. until next time.

later and lighter senamay
Old 11-30-2002, 11:23 PM   #23  

Default qouets to help encourage!!!

Here are some neat qouets I noted from Dr.Phil. "absoluteley love him!!! Hope they help all of you in some way......

Five steps to your weight loss goal...
1.Set a very specific goal...remember losing weight requires a change in your thoughts and behavior,set goals for your emotions and weight.Close your eyes and visualize yourself thin.
2.Workout a detailed stratedgy....Willpower alone doesnt work!Plan ahead get rid of exspandable pants,stay away from fast food,keep healthy food at home,or even in your car.
3.Identifysmall,measurable steps... Implement steps that will fit your lifestyle,not someone elses.Every step you want to take will get you closer to the person you want tobe.
4.Create a healthy,realistic timeline.....Where will you be in a month,in six months,a year??Set your goals and stick to it.
5.Create accountability...If you know you have to report your progress to someone you'll be more successfull. Celebrate your victorys.the end.

MORE FROM DR.PHIL..
start with little changes! Keep an open mind and be willing to listen. Commit to modifying your behavior to reach goals. Believe you can,dont let being overweight be your life sentence. Accept help from others.
Quistion for Phil...Why do dieters slip into there old habits?
answer...You cant break habits without forming new ones, if you take something out of your life their is avoid ,and when theres a void you slip back into what you use yo do.You need to replace the bad habit with new behavoir. new behavior will drown the bad out.
hopr these were a help and motivation, they were to me. I have lots more but i'll save them for another time.
later and lighter senamay
Old 12-01-2002, 05:12 AM   #24  
Empress/Queen

Yo!!! It's a quarter to three and there's no one in the place except me and me, so ... !!!!! This is my typical Saturday night anxiety attack and am determined not to throw in the towel and go on a binge on the night before I weigh-in!!! Tried to work but it's NOT working!!! Yipes, deadline tomorrow!!!!

Senamay: Never before hath Amarantha's writing been compared with the Bible!!! Glad thou doesn't mind the thees and thous ... they talk like that in the Empire o' Fit Folk, which Amarantha hath recently returned to. She needeth a vacation in the Imperial Spa o' Peace & Success and the Imperial Fitness Camp soon, where Elbertine Pep hath traveled today to take over the directorship of, since the staff there hath been getting lazy and languishing in slothdom and losing sight o' their goals, so Elbertine be going to get everyone back on the right track again!!!!

Hmmmm. I digress. Re WW, I've just been using the frozen meals (as well as Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice if it's ok to say the brands) to get me back on the right track of eating solid food (I'd prefer to drink all my meals in shakes, slimfast and milk) and portion control and because it's an easy way to count points and tell my mind this is the proper amount of food to eat. So I don't have them everyday. One thing I love of the WW brand of desserts is the cookie dough sundae (4 pnts) and I've been having this everyday, sometimes twice a day. It is such a tiny complex dessert ... it is a fudge sundae, a couple of bites of cookie dough and then a layer of ice cream is left to eat with the cookie crumbs and tiny chocolate chips. I eat it slowly in layers and it satisfies me. I've also been going back to my beloved slimfast (which no longer is a trigger food since I was off of it for several weeks) because it is actually a good WW choice when I need a meal while traveling for work (4 pts). I used to drink it by the case, but now one seems to do the trick, which is the proper way to use it.

Thanks for the motivational tips from Dr. P. I like his commonsense approach to things and the all-important question he asks: "How's that working for you?"

Speaking of which, Arabella, please reporteth on how the reiki class went (if thou so desireth). I've thought of taking a class myself and wonder if it would help me somehow or if I'd enjoy it.

Well, should I work or go back to bed? The latter, methinks!
Old 12-01-2002, 08:08 AM   #25  

Smile Scrumptious Sunday!

Hello All!

Slept till almost 7:30 am which is almost 2.5 hrs later than usual!
Wonder what it'll be like when the alarm goes off to tomorrow!

Aramantha, hope you've gotten your sleep!

Need to run to Walmart before the crowds show up and pickup their flavored 0 calorie water. So far, its been the easiest way to get the water in. I figure, if its working, why change it??

I'll be back later but until then, today's thought is:
"Be Glad, Be Good, Be Brave" -Eleanor Hodgman Porter
Old 12-01-2002, 08:10 AM   #26  
Hot Stuff

Good morning, Christmas Cookies! Been up for hours....overdid it yesterday and was in bed by 8pm....therefore awake at 5am. Got my "mail away" gifts bought yesterday, apartment cleaned, Christmas tree up (all 600 freakin' mini lights of it!)....but it was all too much for my sensitive back and I called it a night rather early. Really glad to have those gifts out of the way, though! Just have to wrap, box, and mail them now.

I have to finish that cross-stitch and fear I'm in a time crunch now. Today will be spent doing as much as I can on that project.

I also have to try on my dress for our fancy party, which is this coming Friday night....keep your collective fingers crossed that it's going to fit! I do have to shorten the dress a few inches....guess that'll be today (if it fits), too. If it doesn't fit, I'll be off to the mall to buy something, in a hurry! I'm hoping that won't be necessary, though. The dress I have I bought at the end of last year's season (around April) ....regular $250....I got it for $35.00. Can you believe that? And they're STILL making a profit on it!!!

I'm setting my goal at 3lbs for this challenge. Ceara, you had it right...starting is 174, goal 171.

Senamay...great quotes from Dr. Phil! Thanks!

Amarantha, can't wait to hear your weigh-in results!

to everyone...have a great day!
Old 12-01-2002, 08:37 AM   #27  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hi All! I seem to be ill today, might think it was a detox effect post-Reiki, but since DH has been sick, I suspect that is where it came from. I'm going to take it easy for the day and try to pamper myself as much as I can and hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better.

Amarantha, the workshop was good, although I didn't have some of the visual experiences that some of the other participants had. I wasn't as well prepared for it as I might have been - had worked too much the previous days, drank too much coffee and so on. I think I would try to take it again and spend a few days before it preparing, maybe semi-fasting, meditating and so on.

The concept of Reiki is something that I've always practiced without putting a name to it and I know that a lot of us do: sending positive energy out. The workshop showed us how to focus that. We received 4 "attunements." My first one felt quite powerful and mystical - I could feel the energy rushing through my body like electricity and I felt very good afterwards, deeply relaxed. During the second one, I started to develop a headache, and afterwards I didn't experience anything as profoundly as I had the first session. I don't know if I was coincidentally getting ill just at that moment or if there was some detox effect from the first one. During my spiritual attunement (they did one each for spiritual, physical, mental, and one sort of wrap-up) the practitioner said that the whole room filled with purple, which is a good one, I guess. We finished the day (8:30 - 6, which felt too long to me, but I guess I was exhausted and getting ill and had gotten up at 4) by giving each other Reiki treatments, five of us at a time working on one.

So -- I would reccommend checking it out, but preparing beforehand with a light diet of healthy food and no caffeine, alcohol, sugar, or meat for a few days in advance. When the leader called me about the workshop she said that those things really affected the kind of experience people had, and I did eat fairly lightly and healthily for a few days but also had a fair amount of caffeine and some alcohol. After seeing what it was like, I would really like to go into it feeling like I'd prepared.

I'm going to go slump and read papers now - have a great day, everyone. I'm hoping to be raring to go again tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:15 AM   #28  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey darlings...

Wildfire! THERE YOU ARE!!! And to think I was worried about you!! Glad you're doing alright, hon. You need a new back. This is NOT a good time for it to go out!

Excuse me for barging in, girls. I'm going to join you, if I may.

I'm hovering at 189 (finally broke that darned 192!), and I'd like to be down 3 more by Christmas. I don't ever want to see 190 again.

We're going to see Harry Potter today, so I'm going to sneak in some low-fat snack for myself. And sit 4 aisles away from my family so my hand doesn't reach into their popcorn bags.

DH is taking the kids to church this morning, so I'm going to do some housework to some fast music and then get out ONE box of Christmas ornaments.

Kaylets, I love the quote... thank you for sharing it with us.

Have a wonderful day all, and get moving!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 11:28 AM   #29  
Hot Stuff

Ellis is here! Of course you can join us! Have fun at Harry Potter....I'm waiting until the Christmas break to see it...at a midnight showing...where there are no children. (They talk through the movie...drives me nuts.)

Arabella, sorry you're feeling sick. The Reiki sounds interesting.

I just stopped here while trying muster up the courage to try on the dress. I think I'll color my hair first....geez, I bet I'd be mostly silver if I let it grow in....those roots are scary!

It's December 1st! Just 24 more days!
Old 12-01-2002, 11:41 AM   #30  

Default Welcome Ellis

HELLO ELLIS, just wanted to pop in and say welcome to you . my name is senamay, im 33 and married and have two boys 11 and 8, im looking forward to reading your posstings.
My moms name was ELLA, kinda thought of her when i seen your name. my mom passed away 5 yrs ago i miss her alot, she was my besy friend. also losst my dad, so i love that i have support from friends. good luck to you in your weight loss journey. later and lighter
senamay
Closed Thread