3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers#156 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/21076-christian-encouragers-156-a.html)

wilma12 10-22-2002 10:06 AM

Good Morning!

Hi! I hope this day finds you all happy and healthy. I had a great day yesterday. Our church had a day of fasting and prayer for a group who are going to Equador in November. I chose to fast from sugar because I've been really craving it lately. I did make it through the day but it's amazing how you go searching for stuff you can't have!

I ate properly yesterday and got my exercises in. Let's see how long I can keep this up. Friends gave us some pickerel fillets and the packages are so big that it'll take a few meals to finish them. Last night I baked some. Tonight I think I'll bread them and bake them. YUM! and so good for you.

Steph: I too wish that I could be on vacation. How lucky for you that you get to go to Alaska next summer. I hear it's beautiful there.

Gary: Sounds like you're busy as usual. Be patient with that young fella. He has lots to adjust to and going back to his mother for visits probably reverses a bit of what you've been teaching him. He'll love you for it later in life. Keep up the good work!

Zoe: I'm glad to hear that you had a relaxing day. We all need that every once in a while. You've been doing so great with your weight loss too.

Lilsis: I'll remember to pray for that little girl and her family. That must be so hard!

We are going to the city this weekend so DH can look into some job prospects. We are also going to check out some neighbourhoods to see where we might like to live. We'll probably choose a small town outside the city because i don't think I could get used to living in the city after living on an acreage all these years. Please pray for wisdom for us. We still don't know if this is God's leading or not.

Thanks! Have a great day!

Gutchie 10-22-2002 12:34 PM

Still here!

You should all realize if "Joanne" isn't on, she isn't doing well:(
Oh this hurts to type, I'm back up to 191.6 pounds. Ok, there it's in print. Our weight watchers leader gave me a big hug, and we start afresh this morning.
I admit to being an emotions eater.
I know "Lean on our Lord"!
I allow everything that's stressful in my life to take me to the food. Of course this food isn't fruit and veggies. Why is the comfort food high in calories:)

I see some new faces on the site. WELCOME

Today is overcast, drizzly in Southern Ontario Canada.
The autumn leaves are starting to brighten and it is truly a picture post card. I pray your all well!

Hugs from Canada,
Sister Joanne

200/19l.6 aim is 130 *

EZMONEY 10-22-2002 08:33 PM

WEDNESDAY NIGHT IN CALIFORNIA

Hi All-- real quick here-- got a roast in the crockpot and it's almost ready. The wife will be mad if supper isn't on the table when she gets home--NOT!! Took the nephew to the dentist today-- only 1 cavity so we lucked out there:) . He is going to need braces though in a year or so-- oh well maybe by then his mom will be stable and will have him back so it will be her expense-- ouch! did I really just say that? after 4 sets of braces on my 3 kids I get a little testy at 4 grand a whack!!
SUE Alaska!! all right for you. My wife and I were going to go a few months ago-- we had a really great cruise figured out HOWEVER when we went to pay and reserve it of course was full-- so we went to Las Vegas instead.
WILMA what is pikerel fillets? fish? Good luck with the job and house hunting-- I will pray for your family.JOANNE is that really you? Long time no see-- when you are not doing well is probably when you need this site the most!! No judging here girl-- just support.
Well gotta jam the boss is here-- " Yes dear dinner is ready" see I told ya--:lol: Gary
LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART.

doitforme 10-22-2002 11:24 PM

Hi ya!

Hope all is well. Roast sounds yummy, Gary is right Joanne- I gained about 20lbs back and I ain't ready for salad yet, so I am still just cruisin along trying not to gain more, but love the social atmosphere here so, I haven't got no losses and pray for no more gains, but I am happy with me anyway, Things can always be worse. I went to a pampered chef party tonight more yummy goodies. fun fun fun, and I turned 40 today, so my girlfriend That hosted the pampered chef party made me a carrot cake which was even yummier, so you know diet wasn't in my vocabulary today. Las Vegas sounds like fun. Bright lights and big city. Happy house hunting Wilma that has to be exciting!! Well gotta call it a night just wanted to pop in and say hi to you'll I gotta work dayshift tom. Have a great day! God Bless!!

wilma12 10-23-2002 10:20 AM

Good Morning!

Hi All! It's a bright sunny but cool day here. I woke up before my alarm this morning and got up and did my exercises. Felt great. Had a leisurely breakfast with DH. Great start to the day.

Gary: Pickerel is fish that is native to our lakes up here. Wonderful flavour!

Doitforme: Hang in there! I've been having the most awful cravings lately. They don't usually hit me this hard. The important thing is to counteract the eating with activity so the weight doesn't go up.

Joanne: Long time no see! Please come here even if things aren't going well for you. That's what we're here for.

Have a great day!

Godschild 10-23-2002 11:11 AM

Good Morning! I hope all are doing well . I have been hanging on to Gods promises that he will never leave or forsake us. I have not got to se DGD as of yet, but I know God has some plans. Have any of you heard of DIET Soup? I made a pot, it is very good and filling. Here's the recipe:
1/2 head of cabbage
1 onion
2 carrots
2 stalks of celery
1 quart of tomatoes
1 pkg of onion soup mix
2 cans ff chicken broth
1 skinned chicken breast cutt into pieces

Cover all fresh veggies with water and bring to boil, add rest of ingredients and cook on low for 1 hour. I simmered mine for 2 hours, as I did not feel the veggies were done @ 1 hour. Probably should of gotten veggies tender before simmering :) there are no calories to speak of, as this serves @ least 10 large bowls!!!! MMM Good!

Blessings, Godschild

wilma12 10-24-2002 10:10 AM

Off for the weekend!

DH and I are leaving right after work to go to the city. It should be fun and also a bit scary to think that we might be moving. I'll let you know when we get home how things went. I appreciate your prayers.

I would also appreciate prayers for oldest DS who emailed last night and asked for prayer for his exams this week. He has 3 on friday and one on monday. We're taking him out for dinner tomorrow so hopefully he looks forward to that.

Talk to you when I get back!

sshomemom 10-24-2002 06:24 PM

Hey ALL :wave:

The internet has been down this week.:mad: I have company coming but I was so excited that the internet was up that I had to stop by. Things are going pretty well here.

Last night was the first night I've snacked all week but I was starving. I had 1/2 turkey sandwich and extra 1/2 slice of turkey. That didn't do it so I had a cup of beef bouillion. That was good for you. You guys have been in my prayers all week. I'll have to catch up later.
Steph:dizzy:

Gutchie 10-24-2002 06:55 PM

Thanks

My thanks to you all for listening and lending support.
I know I should run to this site when struggling but you guys are always so up beat, I hate to be the downer.

Greetings to everyone.
You all seem to be up to such interesting things, my life on the farm won't seem as exciting:dizzy:
The autumn leaves are a country drive, must see. A lone dear ran through the corn stubble yesterday morning as I tended to Classy, Spunky, Bart, and the barn cats. Dh has rented part of the barn to a friend with 14 sheep, 2 dogs, countless cats added to our family. Everyone is ancious for our morning visit to the barn.
A Bush Wolf drifted past yesterday afternoon and that sent our dog Clyde rushing off sending him home. As winter approaches one see's more wild animals storing up food supplies. Snow flurries are in tomorrows weather forecast. Wilma, I hear you've already had them! A blanket of snow is a winter wonderland to us who don't have to go any further than the barn if need be.

I've been staying OP for 2 straight days now.
I'll keep on keeping on.
Thanks for your kind words.
Prayers going out to each of you!

Hugs,
Sister Joanne

P.S. Gary, do you give cooking lessons? (I've a Dh in need)

EZMONEY 10-24-2002 10:51 PM

THURSDAY NIGHT

HI EVERYONE , how are all of you doing tonight? It's great to see posts isn't it? Things are pretty good here--although my Angels are losing game 5 of the series as we speak-- maybe they will pull it out yet. Had to work late, the wife and I , so it was Marie Callendars pot pies and tater tots-- I have to have tater tots with pot pies-- something to dip in the pie-- wife thinks I am crazy!!! She is usually right.

SUE Good for you on your attitude. Pampered Chef, yipeee, do you have any of the stones for baking? Great items!! My wife has had a few P.C. parties. Cookies turn out really good on the stones-- in fact I just made some for my daughters tennis team and took them to her match on Wed. I'm the cool dad:) for baking cookies. Happy 40 to you too:hb: :bravo: :cp: I wish I was 40 again-- seemed sooo old then didn't it? girls that are like me pushin' 50 hard.

WILMA- Good luck with the job and house hunting-- the Lord is guiding you to new destinations-- how exciting (and scary):fr: I will pray for your son's exams--p.s. my two kids could use prayers too for theirs.

GODSCHILD the soup sounds yummy-- no complaints on the grand daughter situation today-- here is hoping all is getting better for you.

JOANNE What are you talking about? What you described on your farm sounds like the life most of us want to live if we could:) I have mentioned it before but I will say it again in case you didn't know-- My wife MADE me cook once a week a few years agio to give her a break-- I really started to like it so it became a 2,3 or 4 times a week thing for me. I learned out of cook books-- I bought so many that she refused to do the wifey thing with me until I quit ordering so many-- Taste Of Home almost went bankrupt:lol:

STEPH and SAMI hello to you and the others I missed- Checkin out-- IN HIS NAME- Gary

doitforme 10-25-2002 09:59 AM

Hi guys-

Praise the Lord, they have the sniper balistics match , so that reign of terror has ended. We were asking for that Wed. night in prayer meeting, and came home to discover they had an all points bullitin out for two suspects. God is Great!!
EZ- Thanks for the shot of encouragement and Happy birthday cake, Pot pies and tater tots huh! Tater tots can go with just about anything I guess, I wouldn't hasve thought of that combo but tatersand gravy is always good. I make stuffed crust pizza on the stones, and also have the big lasagna one, their stuff is great but expensive. Never tryed cookies on them, have to for Christmas. Wilma have a great weekend house hunting, scary but exciting. Its like an adventure. Joanne- I think your farm sounds great, part of why I go home every weekend off to my parents is I like the slow country atmosphere that is in the adirondacks, not that where I live is really a city, just has the city mindset. Godschild- I will have to give the soup a try, love veggies anyway. still praying for your dgd, and dd hope that situation improves. sami hope your feeling better, Hi to steph and zoe and all others Have a great Day!!

Zoe 10-25-2002 06:43 PM

Hello all ~

just a quick note to check in. Tomorrow is my weigh day so I'm saying a prayer for a good one. I'm starting to get people saying to me "you've lost weight"....yeah!!

Gary ~ geeze, I'm crushed.....you never mentioned me in your post. :lol: :lol:

I will be back tomorrow, late afternoon, and let you know how WI goes.

Have a blessed Friday evening.

Me <><

EZMONEY 10-25-2002 11:17 PM

SORRY ZOE

I AM SOOOOOO SORRY ZOE--THE ONLY EXCUSE I HAVE IS I CAN'T ALWAYS FIND MY MEMORY AT MY AGE :sorry: Please accept these:balloons: as my apology-- Love Ya Gary--

HI to EVERYONE else- gotta go.

Zoe 10-25-2002 11:23 PM

Ok Gary ~ I accept that.....cuz I know how you feel. Ha!! Have a wonderful Saturday.

Me <><

lilsis 10-26-2002 02:56 PM

Sat. A.M.

Hi everyone:wave:

I just love reading all the posts. Hope all is well with all of you.
PRAISE GOD that the snipers have been caught! Now that area of our country can breathe a little easier. :)

Sister Joanne, please keep sharing the country farm life with us.:yes: I really enjoyed reading about your animals and beautiful country lanes. I live in a small town but it is in more of a desert area and I would love to live in a beautuful, true country setting.

Wilma, I know God will direct your steps and you will know where He wants you and yours to be.

Thank you all for your prayers for Whitney. She is doing better because of anitbiotics ans we know that God can heal her with these. No news yet on the appt. date for the Childrens Hosp. Gary, I believe it is the one in Fresno.

Zoe, I attend a Pentecostal Church of God. I love the Praise and Worship time. I love to get in that place where it is just me and God during that time. Our Pastor is having surgery on his back this next tuesday. I would appreciate all your prayers for him.

I also have a personal need God knows all about. Please keep me in your prayers. Thank You
Need to go now. :( God Bless all