3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers#156 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/21076-christian-encouragers-156-a.html)

sshomemom 10-18-2002 12:30 AM

Hey all!:wave:

Been super busy and missing posting. It's late but had to make a quick stop here. Have lots to tell tomorrrow. God is so good!!!!
You are all in my prayers!
Steph

wilma12 10-18-2002 09:49 AM

Good Morning! It's winter in Canada. It's -6C out and there's snow on the ground. It was slow going to work this morning but I made it safely.

Gary: Sounds like things are going well in your household. Fish taco? I can't imagine it. We had some pickeral fillet given to us and I cooked them up last night. YUM! My oven is still not working so I had to pan fry them. I'm looking for more ideas for cooking fish. We were given quite a few fillets.

The chicken turned out quite nicely the other night. It's amazing what you can do when you don't have an oven. I sure do hope it gets fixed soon. DH will have to do without his baking if it doesn't get fixed soon!

Sami: I'm praying for your health situation. May it not be something serious. ((((((HUGS))))))))) Keep your chin up!

To everyone else - have a great day.

Godschild 10-18-2002 11:34 AM

Good Morning! I have been still down in the dumps! I would like see to my grand daughter :( Last night was Dh's birthday and she always bakes him a cake :( Can you guys believe my sisters and mother won't let us talk to her either? They have always been lost, and I have always been there for them as The Lord would want me to be. Last night I blew it as my son could of brought her over to us and he did not. I got very angry with him. I read the book of Ephsians and Galations. I listen and read bible audio com. it is great! I know all things are possible through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Blessings to you all! Love, Godschild

sshomemom 10-18-2002 03:02 PM

Hey all :wave:

Godschild- so sorry to hear that the family is not helping you to see your grandaughter. :grouphug:That is so sad. It is in my daily prayers. I'll also add the rest of your family. sounds to me like your being persecuted for being the christain in your family. I can't imagine- I was raised in a christain home and so was my husband.

Gary- no such restaurant here in Oklahoma- we're a little behind the times- Fish tacos:eek: I can only stand shrimp, orange roughy and tuna. I am trying to expand my fish tastes because I know it is good for you.

Wilma- can't believe it was below freezing already. I wish we had snow. We're lucky to get 2-3 days a year and then it's not much more than a dusting. Glad you got to work OK. Are you still considering moving?

Sami- You've been in my prayers-I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. The last thing you need is to be sick with those kids to take of. I'll say an extra prayer for you.

Baby's up- write more later.
Love ya Guys!
Steph

doitforme 10-18-2002 05:11 PM

Hi all!

Fish Taco's ? Never heard of them. We just have taco bell, the beef and bean place. I do like most fish, so I am sure they are tasty. I have a nephew that was adh-d He is now 17 and is so much better, able to concentrate at work, has a job, and does better at school. He is so fortunate to have an uncle/ aunt that love him, and that are willing to take him in, God's blessing to you!.
God'schild-Sorry to hear your still being kept from seeing your GD I pray that you will see her soon, and that the rest of the family will come to know what wonderful Savior He is your in my prayers.
Wilma- sounds like another great dinner, It is just starting to get cold here. It has been in the 30's no snow yet though.
Sami- Hope your soon feeling lots better. your in my prayers. Hi to Steph and Zoe. God bless all!

EZMONEY 10-18-2002 07:22 PM

TGIF

Hi Ladies-- There seems to be alot of interest in the fish tacos!! So you do read my posts:) Well it is white fish deep fried (So good for you:lol: ) with a yogurt mayo dressing over shredded cabbage etc. You can look it up on recipeland.com under Rubio's Fish tacos-- really good.
Gotta run to the warehouse to get stuff for our Oktoberfest on Sunday. Talk to you later. Gary

Zoe 10-19-2002 11:20 AM

Happy Saturday!

Just got home from my Weight Watcher meeting and wanted to post. I lost 3 more lbs for a total of 16.4!! I'm having to do a happy dance for myself cuz I am just so, so, SO thrilled!!
:dance: :cb: :cp: :dancer: So now I'm on my way out to the mall. I have an urge to buy shoes. I don't know why, I just do. Then I'm going to buy a birthday gift for a friend for a party tonight.

How is everyone doing? I can't stay right now but I'll be back tonight. Greg is out of town AGAIN so I will have the computer to myself.

Have a wonderfully blessed Saturday!

Me <><
199.4/183/148

wilma12 10-19-2002 11:36 AM

Yeah ZOE!

You are doing so awesome. I'm proud of you. Keep it up!:cp: :hat: :dance:

Hopefully I'll have something to report one of these days. I've decided to try to even out my food groups throughout the day. I don't eat much protein during the day and I wonder if that's why I'm hungry then. I'll let you know how I do.

I better go wash my hair and get ready to go to town. It's a good thing you can't see me right now.:o :lol:

Have a wonderful day.

lilsis 10-19-2002 08:34 PM

Saturday eve.

Hi everyone:wave:
Congrats Zoe:clap: You deserve a new pair of shoes!!!
Rewards are always great.
Wilma it is hard for me to grasp -6C. :?: It is around 75-80 here in southern Ca today. I wish it would get cold I am ready for fall and winter weather.
Godschild I will pray for you also. I have some understanding what you must feel. There ws a time when we were kept from my husbands grandmother and his nieces. Thank God things have changed. Remember God is Faithful and He knows your hearts desires. I will pray for the family too.
EZ, I have heard of Fish Tacos, but have never tried them, Other friends tell me they are good, guess I will have to get on the ball.
Sami, I am praying for you and hoping to hear a good report.

Blessings to all

wilma12 10-20-2002 04:16 PM

Sunday afternoon

Hello all! DH is watching a automotive show on TV while trying to nap and I decided my time was worth more spent here talking to you. I weighed in the a.m. and stayed the same. Now I am trying something new this week and I'll let you know if it makes a difference for me. I am eating more protein at lunch and breakfast and cutting back on it and the carbs at supper. I need to eat more veggies and hope to plan more veggie dishes at supper.

lilsis: -6C is approx 20F so now you know how cool it is here. We are experiencing below normal temps and we have such long winters that we treasure the nice days we do get. We have a bit of snow on the ground but hopefully we will get nicer weather yet. Hope your day is going well!

I hope you are all having a relaxing Sunday. We had a good church service this morning. The speaker spoke on having a real relationship with God and not just using Him as a servant to call upon just when we need Him. Thought provoking!

Have a super day.

lilsis 10-20-2002 06:30 PM

Hi,

Wilma, I can't even imagine it being that cold:eek: I admire you for being able to handle it. I will pray that God will send nicer, warmer days for you and yours.

We had a good church service this morning too. Pastor spoke on knowing who you are in Christ and walking in the destiny God had for each of us. Powerful stuff!

I would like to ask all of you to pray for my friend's grandaughter. She is 1 1/2 yrs old, her name is Whitney. She has had lung problems since she was born. Now the Dr.'s want to send her to Children's Hosp. but the hosp. says they can't take her until Dec. 14th. That is too far away, she needs to go now. Please help us pray for God to work this out for her good. We know that all things work together for our good for those who love the Lord...
This mother and grandmother love the Lord with all their heart and it's braking their heart to watch this little one suffer so just to breathe.:( So please pray for the family also. The daddy loves his little girl too but he hasn't been serving the Lord for some time now and I know he is hurting too. Thank you all so much. I know they will appreciate your prayers. God bless all:angel:

Zoe 10-20-2002 11:34 PM

Sunday Evening

Hello friends :wave:

It's late Sunday evening and I'm just about ready to settle into the bedroom with my book. Greg is out of town so I'm restless. I didn't do much today, just a lazy sort of day. It was cool and cloudy today so it felt good to just stay in.

Church was wonderful this morning, as usual. The praise and worship part lasted an hour and 5 minutes!! Fabulous! Anyone of you go to a charismatic and/or penticostal church? If so, you know how wonderful the praise and worship part can be. I just get so filled with God, His love and the holy spirit.

Wilma ~ Try to find the good in staying the same. It's not a gain so it's a good thing. :D I tend to eat too many carbs. I am going to try to eat very few carbs this next week. Saturday, when I go to my WW meeting, if I can lose 2.6 lbs, I will have lost 10% of my starting weight. I am afraid 2.6 is alot to ask but we'll see. Good luck with the changes you're making.

lilsis ~ we have 75-80 degree weather here too now but today and yesterday, brrrr.......it was in the high 50's, low 60's. That's cold! :) I am praying for Whitney.

Gary ~ where you be?? :D

Sami ~ I'm thinking about you.

Sue ~ did the rain stay away? It's been pretty wet here too but now, just cloudy. Autumn is truly here.

Godschild ~ I am praying for your familys situation with your granddaughter

Steph ~ how's that baby doing?

Wow, we sure have grown in the last few weeks. Hopefully, I haven't forgotten anyone. I really don't like to not mention everyone if I can help it. Have a wonderful Monday and I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

EZMONEY 10-21-2002 10:36 AM

MONDAY MORNING

HAPPY MONDAY to you all:)

Things were pretty busy for me this week-end. We had our Oktoberfest at church. Saturday the wife and I finished up our shopping and had a group over to start peeling potatoes for the salad. On Sunday we got to church at 7am and started the cooking of the brats and sauerkraut, set up, etc. We finished clean-up about 1pm. A long day but alot of fun.

:) ZOE I am happy for you on your weight loss-- go buy 2 pairs of shoes girl. We attend a conservative Lutheran church so I don't know much about the charismatic churches although it sure looks like alot of fun if that is comfortable with you. Isn't it so wonderful the many ways we can worship our Lord in our country? We are truly blessed as christians and Americans.

WILMA I also love the carbs!! I like the idea of your sermon too-- isn't it sad how sometimes we are just asking God to be a magic man and perform tasks to suite us? Our last Vicar really stressed the importance of a LOVE RELATIONSHIP with Christ.

LILSIS Of course you have heard of fish tacos being from So. Cal like me-- try one sometime! I will pray for Whitney, is that the Childrens Hospital Ronald McDonald House here in San Diego? Great place.

EZMONEY 10-21-2002 10:44 AM

I"M BACK!!!

Where are the reat of you?SAMI - take care of yourself-- I hope all is well with your tummy-- I talked to my daughter this week-end on hers. She seems to think that she has I.B.S. she has done alot of reasearch with it in college and with her doctor.

SUE- you out on another vacation??

STEPH- gotta be busy with that baby!!

GOLDSCHILD I hope all is getting better in the lives of your family.

Well the nephew is in trouble again:devil: he didn't do his homework when he visited his mom this week-end. Part of the deal was that he had it done before she brought him back last night at bedtime. I allowed him to be with her all Sat and Sun but he had to get the work done-- neither one cared as usual-- so now I have more rules for the boy and less visitation.

Got to run to work-- going in a little late today again-- the job I am on has occupants- Take care-- AWESOME LORD isn't He? Gary

doitforme 10-21-2002 02:26 PM

Hi ya!

I wish I were on another vacation, but that will have to wait awhile. I am tentatively planning atrip to Alaska sometime in July. I actually was working this weekend. I did a double shift both days. The bummer with that is I miss out on church. But will be at prayer meeting on Wed. Thanks for asking EZ. Sorry your having troubles with him again, He is testing the waters. Its too bad mom doesn't care. Sami Hope your feeling better. Godschild I pray you get to see your Gd soon, and can make a positive impact on her and her mom. Hi Zoe, so what Kind of shoes did ya get? I could give Mrs. Marcos a run for her money. I love shoes.
Wilma, we'll be as cold as you soon, not that I am looking forward to it. Hi to lilsis, steph, and everyone else
SET YOUR MIND ON THINGS ABOVE, NOT ON THINGS ON THE EARTH. Colossians 3:2 GOD BLESS HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!