3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers#156 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/21076-christian-encouragers-156-a.html)

sami 10-15-2002 06:06 PM

Christian Encouragers#156

If you are looking for a great group to find support and prayer. You can find it here. Everyone is welcome!

sami 10-15-2002 06:16 PM

Hi I am sorry I have been away for awhile. I have been feeling bad so I haven't been on line.

Lilsis-good job not gaining weight. Good to see you again.

Ez-Thanks for missing me. I am having problems with my stomach. I have these bad attacks and I have to watch everything I eat. I hope I at least lose weight!

Zoe-I know how you feel when someone throws your day off because they are late. I sure you will be down next week!

Sue-I have missed your post and wondered how things were going. I will keep your pastor in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Wilma-HAPPY THANKSGIVING! That pie sure sounds good!

Steph-Keep on posting when you mess up and you will find that it helps. Now I will confess I ate this 7 layer brownie and It was so good! But I had a BAD attack afterward so it was not worth it!

EZMONEY 10-15-2002 08:13 PM

THURSDAY NIGHT

Hi All-

SAMI- Good to hear from you-- so sorry for your stomach problems. My wife and daughter are always hurting there for no apparent reason (I DON"T COOK EVERY NIGHT!!) years ago we started charting my daughters food but there never seemed to be any ryme nor reason for the attacks, my wife- not her mother- the same way. You take care of yourself-- BIG WEDDING COMING:flow2:

LILSIS Glad to have you back. The conference sounds like fun.

Dropped my nephew off at tennis this afternoon- the coach just automatically put him in TIME-OUT:lol: He is doing a little better! thank goodness. I spent 2.5 hours at SS office today trying to get his paper work done for his death benefits transfer. Just lovin' all this paper work:devil: O.k. I am lying!!

Well I have a board of directors meeting at church in a couple of hours and I still have to make dinner-- wife at back crackers-- sloppy joes-- health food for men!!

IN HIS LOVING CARE- Gary

Godschild 10-15-2002 10:01 PM

Hello! I'm real new, about a week! I'm still trying to find my way around:dizzy: It's a bit confusing:?: I was so glad to find a place for prayer:) Please pray for my daughter,as she won't let us see our DGD! DGD tells of the drinking and things that go on @ her apartment. So, our daughter keeps DGD away so she can't tell!! We miss her a lot. Pray that our whole family will see that our DGD should be allowed to visit with grandma and papa. She is eight years old and we have basically raised her, so she is very sad :( I know that all things are possible through our savior Jesus Christ:D God bless all of you, and I hope I can find this site again :?:

In Him, Godschild:D

sshomemom 10-15-2002 10:54 PM

Hey All! :wave:

Well blew it agin last night. The baby was a pill yesterday evening. Can't figure out what her problem is. So I binged agained- this time I made frosting. I should have known better that when I opened the crisco it had gone bad:p but did that stop me o no! I just dug for the crisco sticks- that hadn't been opened. So I made frosting and put it on the baby's graham crackers!:ink: Yum!!!! Isn't it funny (not HAHA) the things we can be persistant about?

I haven't had anything to eat since dinner!!!:cp: I have decided to post in the evening. It helps to keep me from eating. I did walk twice yesterday though so all the frosting won't go straight to my hips!

Ok back to the Satan :devil:survey- it wasn't done at our church. It was a survey like in a Christain magazine. Only 52% believed satan was a real being the rest thought he was a symbol of evil or weren't sure he was real. Here's my opinion on it- They don't want to believe that Satan is real because then there's not a **** and they can do whatever they want. Just because the people surveyed thought they were Christains it doesn't mean that they are. I think the survey proves that for some of them.

My stepdaughter is here for the next three days (Fall Break). When she was praying she was talking about the sermon from Sunday. She prayed that God would help her to not lie (been a problem) and to not sin. Also that Satan would stay away from her and that she wouldn't fall into his traps! :angel: I was/am so proud!!!!!

Steph

sshomemom 10-15-2002 11:03 PM

Pulling a Gary- didn't want to lose my post. If I leave anyone out I'm sorry. Getting confused since this has moved .

Sami- sorry to hear about your stomach troubles:( I hopeyour feeling better

Zoe- glad to hear about your trophies from the tournament :dance:

Godschild- sorry to hear aboiut your dgd- I'll add it to my prayer list.

Wilma- Hope you had a good time with your ds.

busy day tomorrow- need to go!

Steph

doitforme 10-16-2002 09:01 AM

Hi!

It's looking like a really rainy day is coming, bummer, although we probably need the rain.
Lilsis- The conference sounds interesting, usually something like that draws us back on track, which is a good thing, it always does me. Congrats on not gaining.
Gary- I will keep you in my prayers for increased stamina dealing with your nephew, If you don't mind we asking how old is He. Is it attention seeking behavior? Keep giving him the discipline and love all kids need He will come around, although its a tough row to hoe.
Steph- I usually pull a gary too. I post twice so I won't loose my post, if loosing weight were as easy, I'd be a beanpole- NOT.
I can't believe their are professing Christians that do not believe the devil exists, H-E-L-L-O, that is trully sad.
Godschild- I will add you to my prayer list, and your daughter, who can't be living a happy life, that She turns her life around.
Sami- I do hope you feel better your in my thoughts and prayers, get well before the wedding relax, and don't worry so much, your doing great! God Bless all!

wilma12 10-16-2002 10:10 AM

WOW!

Is it ever nice to come here and read all these posts. I am so glad for each one of you.

Godschild: A big welcome to you. If you find us again put us in your favorites file and then we'll always be there. Tell us a bit aobut yourself.

doitforme: Glad to see you posting. Have a good day!

Steph: I agree. Where do people think these temptations come from? I don't think we know all there is to know and I'm glad I don't! It's so neat about your step daughter. Faith of a child!

Gary: I'm glad you nephew is showing signs of progress. It shows what a loving, stable home can do!

Sami: I'm sorry you're feeling badly. I'll pray for you. I've been struggling with eating junk food and normally it doesn't bother me to not have it. I need to get back on the right track.

We've got company coming for supper and the night tonight. Dh's aunt and uncle are coming. We really enjoy them and tomorrow is my day off so I don't have to rush to work in the am.
I think I'll make a sweet and sour chicken dish. I have to do stove top work because my oven died on me yesterday. I had put a meatloaf in the oven and only the top cooked. I put it in the micro to finish cooking. It wasn't too bad but was very frustrating. DH is looking after the oven for me so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Well, I should get some work done. Have a super day!!

sami 10-16-2002 12:07 PM

Hello to all and a big welcome to Godschild! Godschild you really should look into Grandparents rights law for your state. In Indy Grandparents do have rights and can be given unsupervised visits! I will pray for you and Her. And thank all of you for showing me how much you care. I am having a hard time today and when I called my speicalist back they want me to come back in but the next avail is Nov 14! They think I might have pancreatitis. I had an Aunt who died from cancer of the pancreas. He has been treating me for other things hoping that was the problem but the meds made no diffrence so it leans back to Pancreatitis There is one test he can do but it is really painful so I am trying to hold off.

got to run "I thank God everytime I think of you"
Praying for all of you,
Sami

Godschild 10-16-2002 01:11 PM

Sammi, I will be praying for you! Be still and know I am God Psalm 46;10 Be assured you are in his loving hands! \0/
Your sister In Christ, Godschild

EZMONEY 10-16-2002 08:46 PM

WOW

Wow look at all the posts!! All is well here except somehow I managed to lose 2 posts already-- remember I am a construction guy not a rocket scientist!! or even normal as my wife would say! Just finished teriaki pork-chops,basmanti rice and green beans. A quiet dinner, nephew at his moms for her week day visit, son at the gym, daughter at school and step-d with her dad. Wife now off to play tennis--excuse me a moment " do a little exercising for me babe" o.k. I am back.
GODSCHILD welcome-- you are already in our prayers, daughter and GD too-- alcohol is a bad drug:devil: --it ran in my family growing up.
STEPH -Frosting?:nono: on your 8 month old's crackers? Hey girl we are here for you!! Congrats on step-d and her observations.
SUE My nephew will be 12 this month. He is ADD and yes he is an attention grabber at all costs-- he can be in 15 conversations at once and not even know what they are about!! He cannot stand to mind his own business.
WILMA- How was company and sweet and sour chicken? Great I'll bet. I love meatloaf-- your husband must have been bummed to not have it cooked like you usually do--I would be. I hope your oven is just a minor problem.

EZMONEY 10-16-2002 08:53 PM

I"M BACK!!!

I am not gonna lose another one!! Today.
SAMI- You poor dear. My father died of pancreas cancer . I am sure the doctor is going to figure this out. I don't know much at all about pacreatitis-- but it doesn't sound like fun. Are you sure there is a connection to pancreas cancer? Lets all pray all will be qworked out in God's will. You hang in there... you got a big wedding coming up--REMEMBER .
Well now I am home alone so I will wrap this up and take a quick nap before anyone else comes home-- just a short one so I won't be up all night.
HE IS WITH ALL OF US-- Bless you all- Gary

doitforme 10-17-2002 05:00 PM

Hi Kids!

The rain finally took a hike yeah!!! E-Z hope you enjoyed your nap. It was well deserved. You have a tough haul, but your nephew needs you. I'll keep you and him in my prayers. zHe will come around, when He realizes, you do care. In the meantime dinner sounded great, love porkchops, then again wilma's meatloaf, would have also been a hit. So would sweet and sour chicken, guess it all sounds good. Hope your dinner party went well wilma. Sami- Hope your soon on the mend, your in my thoughts and prayers. Godschild, hope things improve with your daughter, and she allows visitation with GD. Hi to zoe, hope your cruise goes well we had great weather. Where abouts are you cruising to? Hi to everyone I missed!
Hope all are well, and pray that the sniper is caught soon.
Here is a thought for the day!
But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift. Ephesian's 4:7
God bless!

EZMONEY 10-17-2002 08:51 PM

THURSDAY NIGHT

HI All-
Thanks SUE for all the encouragement with the nephew. He loves me alot and is really good natured, he is just one giant GOOFBALL :dancer: . He had his second cross-country race today and while he was supposed to be warming up-- he is hitting rocks with a stick-- and when they call his race to start he is 200 yards away. They waited for him, he got 108 out of 114, but it was actually a much better effort than last week.

EZMONEY 10-17-2002 09:57 PM

LEFT FOR DINNER

Hello Again-- I left for dinner with my wife. Rubios-- do you guys have that or is it still all Californian? It is a fish taco restaurant on the casual side-- almost fast food but not quite-- not near elegant dining either!! But so very good!!:chef: I remember when I wouldn't touch a fish taco-- it sounded gross:yikes: But now they are one of my favorites.
Everyone must be out working on treadmills etc. Good for you!! No-not me either!! Wife gets up every morning (almost) and lifts her weights and almost every afternoon she takes off walking or running. I am always too tired-- well usually-- but she always has more energy. She CLAIMS it is because she exercises. Go figure.
Well got to get chores done before SURVIVOR--
MISSING the posts ladies-- HE LIVES- HE LOVES--HE IS THERE FOR YOU!! Gary

sshomemom 10-18-2002 12:30 AM

Hey all!:wave:

Been super busy and missing posting. It's late but had to make a quick stop here. Have lots to tell tomorrrow. God is so good!!!!
You are all in my prayers!
Steph

wilma12 10-18-2002 09:49 AM

Good Morning! It's winter in Canada. It's -6C out and there's snow on the ground. It was slow going to work this morning but I made it safely.

Gary: Sounds like things are going well in your household. Fish taco? I can't imagine it. We had some pickeral fillet given to us and I cooked them up last night. YUM! My oven is still not working so I had to pan fry them. I'm looking for more ideas for cooking fish. We were given quite a few fillets.

The chicken turned out quite nicely the other night. It's amazing what you can do when you don't have an oven. I sure do hope it gets fixed soon. DH will have to do without his baking if it doesn't get fixed soon!

Sami: I'm praying for your health situation. May it not be something serious. ((((((HUGS))))))))) Keep your chin up!

To everyone else - have a great day.

Godschild 10-18-2002 11:34 AM

Good Morning! I have been still down in the dumps! I would like see to my grand daughter :( Last night was Dh's birthday and she always bakes him a cake :( Can you guys believe my sisters and mother won't let us talk to her either? They have always been lost, and I have always been there for them as The Lord would want me to be. Last night I blew it as my son could of brought her over to us and he did not. I got very angry with him. I read the book of Ephsians and Galations. I listen and read bible audio com. it is great! I know all things are possible through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Blessings to you all! Love, Godschild

sshomemom 10-18-2002 03:02 PM

Hey all :wave:

Godschild- so sorry to hear that the family is not helping you to see your grandaughter. :grouphug:That is so sad. It is in my daily prayers. I'll also add the rest of your family. sounds to me like your being persecuted for being the christain in your family. I can't imagine- I was raised in a christain home and so was my husband.

Gary- no such restaurant here in Oklahoma- we're a little behind the times- Fish tacos:eek: I can only stand shrimp, orange roughy and tuna. I am trying to expand my fish tastes because I know it is good for you.

Wilma- can't believe it was below freezing already. I wish we had snow. We're lucky to get 2-3 days a year and then it's not much more than a dusting. Glad you got to work OK. Are you still considering moving?

Sami- You've been in my prayers-I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. The last thing you need is to be sick with those kids to take of. I'll say an extra prayer for you.

Baby's up- write more later.
Love ya Guys!
Steph

doitforme 10-18-2002 05:11 PM

Hi all!

Fish Taco's ? Never heard of them. We just have taco bell, the beef and bean place. I do like most fish, so I am sure they are tasty. I have a nephew that was adh-d He is now 17 and is so much better, able to concentrate at work, has a job, and does better at school. He is so fortunate to have an uncle/ aunt that love him, and that are willing to take him in, God's blessing to you!.
God'schild-Sorry to hear your still being kept from seeing your GD I pray that you will see her soon, and that the rest of the family will come to know what wonderful Savior He is your in my prayers.
Wilma- sounds like another great dinner, It is just starting to get cold here. It has been in the 30's no snow yet though.
Sami- Hope your soon feeling lots better. your in my prayers. Hi to Steph and Zoe. God bless all!

EZMONEY 10-18-2002 07:22 PM

TGIF

Hi Ladies-- There seems to be alot of interest in the fish tacos!! So you do read my posts:) Well it is white fish deep fried (So good for you:lol: ) with a yogurt mayo dressing over shredded cabbage etc. You can look it up on recipeland.com under Rubio's Fish tacos-- really good.
Gotta run to the warehouse to get stuff for our Oktoberfest on Sunday. Talk to you later. Gary

Zoe 10-19-2002 11:20 AM

Happy Saturday!

Just got home from my Weight Watcher meeting and wanted to post. I lost 3 more lbs for a total of 16.4!! I'm having to do a happy dance for myself cuz I am just so, so, SO thrilled!!
:dance: :cb: :cp: :dancer: So now I'm on my way out to the mall. I have an urge to buy shoes. I don't know why, I just do. Then I'm going to buy a birthday gift for a friend for a party tonight.

How is everyone doing? I can't stay right now but I'll be back tonight. Greg is out of town AGAIN so I will have the computer to myself.

Have a wonderfully blessed Saturday!

Me <><
199.4/183/148

wilma12 10-19-2002 11:36 AM

Yeah ZOE!

You are doing so awesome. I'm proud of you. Keep it up!:cp: :hat: :dance:

Hopefully I'll have something to report one of these days. I've decided to try to even out my food groups throughout the day. I don't eat much protein during the day and I wonder if that's why I'm hungry then. I'll let you know how I do.

I better go wash my hair and get ready to go to town. It's a good thing you can't see me right now.:o :lol:

Have a wonderful day.

lilsis 10-19-2002 08:34 PM

Saturday eve.

Hi everyone:wave:
Congrats Zoe:clap: You deserve a new pair of shoes!!!
Rewards are always great.
Wilma it is hard for me to grasp -6C. :?: It is around 75-80 here in southern Ca today. I wish it would get cold I am ready for fall and winter weather.
Godschild I will pray for you also. I have some understanding what you must feel. There ws a time when we were kept from my husbands grandmother and his nieces. Thank God things have changed. Remember God is Faithful and He knows your hearts desires. I will pray for the family too.
EZ, I have heard of Fish Tacos, but have never tried them, Other friends tell me they are good, guess I will have to get on the ball.
Sami, I am praying for you and hoping to hear a good report.

Blessings to all

wilma12 10-20-2002 04:16 PM

Sunday afternoon

Hello all! DH is watching a automotive show on TV while trying to nap and I decided my time was worth more spent here talking to you. I weighed in the a.m. and stayed the same. Now I am trying something new this week and I'll let you know if it makes a difference for me. I am eating more protein at lunch and breakfast and cutting back on it and the carbs at supper. I need to eat more veggies and hope to plan more veggie dishes at supper.

lilsis: -6C is approx 20F so now you know how cool it is here. We are experiencing below normal temps and we have such long winters that we treasure the nice days we do get. We have a bit of snow on the ground but hopefully we will get nicer weather yet. Hope your day is going well!

I hope you are all having a relaxing Sunday. We had a good church service this morning. The speaker spoke on having a real relationship with God and not just using Him as a servant to call upon just when we need Him. Thought provoking!

Have a super day.

lilsis 10-20-2002 06:30 PM

Hi,

Wilma, I can't even imagine it being that cold:eek: I admire you for being able to handle it. I will pray that God will send nicer, warmer days for you and yours.

We had a good church service this morning too. Pastor spoke on knowing who you are in Christ and walking in the destiny God had for each of us. Powerful stuff!

I would like to ask all of you to pray for my friend's grandaughter. She is 1 1/2 yrs old, her name is Whitney. She has had lung problems since she was born. Now the Dr.'s want to send her to Children's Hosp. but the hosp. says they can't take her until Dec. 14th. That is too far away, she needs to go now. Please help us pray for God to work this out for her good. We know that all things work together for our good for those who love the Lord...
This mother and grandmother love the Lord with all their heart and it's braking their heart to watch this little one suffer so just to breathe.:( So please pray for the family also. The daddy loves his little girl too but he hasn't been serving the Lord for some time now and I know he is hurting too. Thank you all so much. I know they will appreciate your prayers. God bless all:angel:

Zoe 10-20-2002 11:34 PM

Sunday Evening

Hello friends :wave:

It's late Sunday evening and I'm just about ready to settle into the bedroom with my book. Greg is out of town so I'm restless. I didn't do much today, just a lazy sort of day. It was cool and cloudy today so it felt good to just stay in.

Church was wonderful this morning, as usual. The praise and worship part lasted an hour and 5 minutes!! Fabulous! Anyone of you go to a charismatic and/or penticostal church? If so, you know how wonderful the praise and worship part can be. I just get so filled with God, His love and the holy spirit.

Wilma ~ Try to find the good in staying the same. It's not a gain so it's a good thing. :D I tend to eat too many carbs. I am going to try to eat very few carbs this next week. Saturday, when I go to my WW meeting, if I can lose 2.6 lbs, I will have lost 10% of my starting weight. I am afraid 2.6 is alot to ask but we'll see. Good luck with the changes you're making.

lilsis ~ we have 75-80 degree weather here too now but today and yesterday, brrrr.......it was in the high 50's, low 60's. That's cold! :) I am praying for Whitney.

Gary ~ where you be?? :D

Sami ~ I'm thinking about you.

Sue ~ did the rain stay away? It's been pretty wet here too but now, just cloudy. Autumn is truly here.

Godschild ~ I am praying for your familys situation with your granddaughter

Steph ~ how's that baby doing?

Wow, we sure have grown in the last few weeks. Hopefully, I haven't forgotten anyone. I really don't like to not mention everyone if I can help it. Have a wonderful Monday and I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

EZMONEY 10-21-2002 10:36 AM

MONDAY MORNING

HAPPY MONDAY to you all:)

Things were pretty busy for me this week-end. We had our Oktoberfest at church. Saturday the wife and I finished up our shopping and had a group over to start peeling potatoes for the salad. On Sunday we got to church at 7am and started the cooking of the brats and sauerkraut, set up, etc. We finished clean-up about 1pm. A long day but alot of fun.

:) ZOE I am happy for you on your weight loss-- go buy 2 pairs of shoes girl. We attend a conservative Lutheran church so I don't know much about the charismatic churches although it sure looks like alot of fun if that is comfortable with you. Isn't it so wonderful the many ways we can worship our Lord in our country? We are truly blessed as christians and Americans.

WILMA I also love the carbs!! I like the idea of your sermon too-- isn't it sad how sometimes we are just asking God to be a magic man and perform tasks to suite us? Our last Vicar really stressed the importance of a LOVE RELATIONSHIP with Christ.

LILSIS Of course you have heard of fish tacos being from So. Cal like me-- try one sometime! I will pray for Whitney, is that the Childrens Hospital Ronald McDonald House here in San Diego? Great place.

EZMONEY 10-21-2002 10:44 AM

I"M BACK!!!

Where are the reat of you?SAMI - take care of yourself-- I hope all is well with your tummy-- I talked to my daughter this week-end on hers. She seems to think that she has I.B.S. she has done alot of reasearch with it in college and with her doctor.

SUE- you out on another vacation??

STEPH- gotta be busy with that baby!!

GOLDSCHILD I hope all is getting better in the lives of your family.

Well the nephew is in trouble again:devil: he didn't do his homework when he visited his mom this week-end. Part of the deal was that he had it done before she brought him back last night at bedtime. I allowed him to be with her all Sat and Sun but he had to get the work done-- neither one cared as usual-- so now I have more rules for the boy and less visitation.

Got to run to work-- going in a little late today again-- the job I am on has occupants- Take care-- AWESOME LORD isn't He? Gary

doitforme 10-21-2002 02:26 PM

Hi ya!

I wish I were on another vacation, but that will have to wait awhile. I am tentatively planning atrip to Alaska sometime in July. I actually was working this weekend. I did a double shift both days. The bummer with that is I miss out on church. But will be at prayer meeting on Wed. Thanks for asking EZ. Sorry your having troubles with him again, He is testing the waters. Its too bad mom doesn't care. Sami Hope your feeling better. Godschild I pray you get to see your Gd soon, and can make a positive impact on her and her mom. Hi Zoe, so what Kind of shoes did ya get? I could give Mrs. Marcos a run for her money. I love shoes.
Wilma, we'll be as cold as you soon, not that I am looking forward to it. Hi to lilsis, steph, and everyone else
SET YOUR MIND ON THINGS ABOVE, NOT ON THINGS ON THE EARTH. Colossians 3:2 GOD BLESS HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!

wilma12 10-22-2002 10:06 AM

Good Morning!

Hi! I hope this day finds you all happy and healthy. I had a great day yesterday. Our church had a day of fasting and prayer for a group who are going to Equador in November. I chose to fast from sugar because I've been really craving it lately. I did make it through the day but it's amazing how you go searching for stuff you can't have!

I ate properly yesterday and got my exercises in. Let's see how long I can keep this up. Friends gave us some pickerel fillets and the packages are so big that it'll take a few meals to finish them. Last night I baked some. Tonight I think I'll bread them and bake them. YUM! and so good for you.

Steph: I too wish that I could be on vacation. How lucky for you that you get to go to Alaska next summer. I hear it's beautiful there.

Gary: Sounds like you're busy as usual. Be patient with that young fella. He has lots to adjust to and going back to his mother for visits probably reverses a bit of what you've been teaching him. He'll love you for it later in life. Keep up the good work!

Zoe: I'm glad to hear that you had a relaxing day. We all need that every once in a while. You've been doing so great with your weight loss too.

Lilsis: I'll remember to pray for that little girl and her family. That must be so hard!

We are going to the city this weekend so DH can look into some job prospects. We are also going to check out some neighbourhoods to see where we might like to live. We'll probably choose a small town outside the city because i don't think I could get used to living in the city after living on an acreage all these years. Please pray for wisdom for us. We still don't know if this is God's leading or not.

Thanks! Have a great day!

Gutchie 10-22-2002 12:34 PM

Still here!

You should all realize if "Joanne" isn't on, she isn't doing well:(
Oh this hurts to type, I'm back up to 191.6 pounds. Ok, there it's in print. Our weight watchers leader gave me a big hug, and we start afresh this morning.
I admit to being an emotions eater.
I know "Lean on our Lord"!
I allow everything that's stressful in my life to take me to the food. Of course this food isn't fruit and veggies. Why is the comfort food high in calories:)

I see some new faces on the site. WELCOME

Today is overcast, drizzly in Southern Ontario Canada.
The autumn leaves are starting to brighten and it is truly a picture post card. I pray your all well!

Hugs from Canada,
Sister Joanne

200/19l.6 aim is 130 *

EZMONEY 10-22-2002 08:33 PM

WEDNESDAY NIGHT IN CALIFORNIA

Hi All-- real quick here-- got a roast in the crockpot and it's almost ready. The wife will be mad if supper isn't on the table when she gets home--NOT!! Took the nephew to the dentist today-- only 1 cavity so we lucked out there:) . He is going to need braces though in a year or so-- oh well maybe by then his mom will be stable and will have him back so it will be her expense-- ouch! did I really just say that? after 4 sets of braces on my 3 kids I get a little testy at 4 grand a whack!!
SUE Alaska!! all right for you. My wife and I were going to go a few months ago-- we had a really great cruise figured out HOWEVER when we went to pay and reserve it of course was full-- so we went to Las Vegas instead.
WILMA what is pikerel fillets? fish? Good luck with the job and house hunting-- I will pray for your family.JOANNE is that really you? Long time no see-- when you are not doing well is probably when you need this site the most!! No judging here girl-- just support.
Well gotta jam the boss is here-- " Yes dear dinner is ready" see I told ya--:lol: Gary
LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART.

doitforme 10-22-2002 11:24 PM

Hi ya!

Hope all is well. Roast sounds yummy, Gary is right Joanne- I gained about 20lbs back and I ain't ready for salad yet, so I am still just cruisin along trying not to gain more, but love the social atmosphere here so, I haven't got no losses and pray for no more gains, but I am happy with me anyway, Things can always be worse. I went to a pampered chef party tonight more yummy goodies. fun fun fun, and I turned 40 today, so my girlfriend That hosted the pampered chef party made me a carrot cake which was even yummier, so you know diet wasn't in my vocabulary today. Las Vegas sounds like fun. Bright lights and big city. Happy house hunting Wilma that has to be exciting!! Well gotta call it a night just wanted to pop in and say hi to you'll I gotta work dayshift tom. Have a great day! God Bless!!

wilma12 10-23-2002 10:20 AM

Good Morning!

Hi All! It's a bright sunny but cool day here. I woke up before my alarm this morning and got up and did my exercises. Felt great. Had a leisurely breakfast with DH. Great start to the day.

Gary: Pickerel is fish that is native to our lakes up here. Wonderful flavour!

Doitforme: Hang in there! I've been having the most awful cravings lately. They don't usually hit me this hard. The important thing is to counteract the eating with activity so the weight doesn't go up.

Joanne: Long time no see! Please come here even if things aren't going well for you. That's what we're here for.

Have a great day!

Godschild 10-23-2002 11:11 AM

Good Morning! I hope all are doing well . I have been hanging on to Gods promises that he will never leave or forsake us. I have not got to se DGD as of yet, but I know God has some plans. Have any of you heard of DIET Soup? I made a pot, it is very good and filling. Here's the recipe:
1/2 head of cabbage
1 onion
2 carrots
2 stalks of celery
1 quart of tomatoes
1 pkg of onion soup mix
2 cans ff chicken broth
1 skinned chicken breast cutt into pieces

Cover all fresh veggies with water and bring to boil, add rest of ingredients and cook on low for 1 hour. I simmered mine for 2 hours, as I did not feel the veggies were done @ 1 hour. Probably should of gotten veggies tender before simmering :) there are no calories to speak of, as this serves @ least 10 large bowls!!!! MMM Good!

Blessings, Godschild

wilma12 10-24-2002 10:10 AM

Off for the weekend!

DH and I are leaving right after work to go to the city. It should be fun and also a bit scary to think that we might be moving. I'll let you know when we get home how things went. I appreciate your prayers.

I would also appreciate prayers for oldest DS who emailed last night and asked for prayer for his exams this week. He has 3 on friday and one on monday. We're taking him out for dinner tomorrow so hopefully he looks forward to that.

Talk to you when I get back!

sshomemom 10-24-2002 06:24 PM

Hey ALL :wave:

The internet has been down this week.:mad: I have company coming but I was so excited that the internet was up that I had to stop by. Things are going pretty well here.

Last night was the first night I've snacked all week but I was starving. I had 1/2 turkey sandwich and extra 1/2 slice of turkey. That didn't do it so I had a cup of beef bouillion. That was good for you. You guys have been in my prayers all week. I'll have to catch up later.
Steph:dizzy:

Gutchie 10-24-2002 06:55 PM

Thanks

My thanks to you all for listening and lending support.
I know I should run to this site when struggling but you guys are always so up beat, I hate to be the downer.

Greetings to everyone.
You all seem to be up to such interesting things, my life on the farm won't seem as exciting:dizzy:
The autumn leaves are a country drive, must see. A lone dear ran through the corn stubble yesterday morning as I tended to Classy, Spunky, Bart, and the barn cats. Dh has rented part of the barn to a friend with 14 sheep, 2 dogs, countless cats added to our family. Everyone is ancious for our morning visit to the barn.
A Bush Wolf drifted past yesterday afternoon and that sent our dog Clyde rushing off sending him home. As winter approaches one see's more wild animals storing up food supplies. Snow flurries are in tomorrows weather forecast. Wilma, I hear you've already had them! A blanket of snow is a winter wonderland to us who don't have to go any further than the barn if need be.

I've been staying OP for 2 straight days now.
I'll keep on keeping on.
Thanks for your kind words.
Prayers going out to each of you!

Hugs,
Sister Joanne

P.S. Gary, do you give cooking lessons? (I've a Dh in need)

EZMONEY 10-24-2002 10:51 PM

THURSDAY NIGHT

HI EVERYONE , how are all of you doing tonight? It's great to see posts isn't it? Things are pretty good here--although my Angels are losing game 5 of the series as we speak-- maybe they will pull it out yet. Had to work late, the wife and I , so it was Marie Callendars pot pies and tater tots-- I have to have tater tots with pot pies-- something to dip in the pie-- wife thinks I am crazy!!! She is usually right.

SUE Good for you on your attitude. Pampered Chef, yipeee, do you have any of the stones for baking? Great items!! My wife has had a few P.C. parties. Cookies turn out really good on the stones-- in fact I just made some for my daughters tennis team and took them to her match on Wed. I'm the cool dad:) for baking cookies. Happy 40 to you too:hb: :bravo: :cp: I wish I was 40 again-- seemed sooo old then didn't it? girls that are like me pushin' 50 hard.

WILMA- Good luck with the job and house hunting-- the Lord is guiding you to new destinations-- how exciting (and scary):fr: I will pray for your son's exams--p.s. my two kids could use prayers too for theirs.

GODSCHILD the soup sounds yummy-- no complaints on the grand daughter situation today-- here is hoping all is getting better for you.

JOANNE What are you talking about? What you described on your farm sounds like the life most of us want to live if we could:) I have mentioned it before but I will say it again in case you didn't know-- My wife MADE me cook once a week a few years agio to give her a break-- I really started to like it so it became a 2,3 or 4 times a week thing for me. I learned out of cook books-- I bought so many that she refused to do the wifey thing with me until I quit ordering so many-- Taste Of Home almost went bankrupt:lol:

STEPH and SAMI hello to you and the others I missed- Checkin out-- IN HIS NAME- Gary