3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers#156 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/21076-christian-encouragers-156-a.html)

sami 10-15-2002 06:06 PM

Christian Encouragers#156

If you are looking for a great group to find support and prayer. You can find it here. Everyone is welcome!

sami 10-15-2002 06:16 PM

Hi I am sorry I have been away for awhile. I have been feeling bad so I haven't been on line.

Lilsis-good job not gaining weight. Good to see you again.

Ez-Thanks for missing me. I am having problems with my stomach. I have these bad attacks and I have to watch everything I eat. I hope I at least lose weight!

Zoe-I know how you feel when someone throws your day off because they are late. I sure you will be down next week!

Sue-I have missed your post and wondered how things were going. I will keep your pastor in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Wilma-HAPPY THANKSGIVING! That pie sure sounds good!

Steph-Keep on posting when you mess up and you will find that it helps. Now I will confess I ate this 7 layer brownie and It was so good! But I had a BAD attack afterward so it was not worth it!

EZMONEY 10-15-2002 08:13 PM

THURSDAY NIGHT

Hi All-

SAMI- Good to hear from you-- so sorry for your stomach problems. My wife and daughter are always hurting there for no apparent reason (I DON"T COOK EVERY NIGHT!!) years ago we started charting my daughters food but there never seemed to be any ryme nor reason for the attacks, my wife- not her mother- the same way. You take care of yourself-- BIG WEDDING COMING:flow2:

LILSIS Glad to have you back. The conference sounds like fun.

Dropped my nephew off at tennis this afternoon- the coach just automatically put him in TIME-OUT:lol: He is doing a little better! thank goodness. I spent 2.5 hours at SS office today trying to get his paper work done for his death benefits transfer. Just lovin' all this paper work:devil: O.k. I am lying!!

Well I have a board of directors meeting at church in a couple of hours and I still have to make dinner-- wife at back crackers-- sloppy joes-- health food for men!!

IN HIS LOVING CARE- Gary

Godschild 10-15-2002 10:01 PM

Hello! I'm real new, about a week! I'm still trying to find my way around:dizzy: It's a bit confusing:?: I was so glad to find a place for prayer:) Please pray for my daughter,as she won't let us see our DGD! DGD tells of the drinking and things that go on @ her apartment. So, our daughter keeps DGD away so she can't tell!! We miss her a lot. Pray that our whole family will see that our DGD should be allowed to visit with grandma and papa. She is eight years old and we have basically raised her, so she is very sad :( I know that all things are possible through our savior Jesus Christ:D God bless all of you, and I hope I can find this site again :?:

In Him, Godschild:D

sshomemom 10-15-2002 10:54 PM

Hey All! :wave:

Well blew it agin last night. The baby was a pill yesterday evening. Can't figure out what her problem is. So I binged agained- this time I made frosting. I should have known better that when I opened the crisco it had gone bad:p but did that stop me o no! I just dug for the crisco sticks- that hadn't been opened. So I made frosting and put it on the baby's graham crackers!:ink: Yum!!!! Isn't it funny (not HAHA) the things we can be persistant about?

I haven't had anything to eat since dinner!!!:cp: I have decided to post in the evening. It helps to keep me from eating. I did walk twice yesterday though so all the frosting won't go straight to my hips!

Ok back to the Satan :devil:survey- it wasn't done at our church. It was a survey like in a Christain magazine. Only 52% believed satan was a real being the rest thought he was a symbol of evil or weren't sure he was real. Here's my opinion on it- They don't want to believe that Satan is real because then there's not a **** and they can do whatever they want. Just because the people surveyed thought they were Christains it doesn't mean that they are. I think the survey proves that for some of them.

My stepdaughter is here for the next three days (Fall Break). When she was praying she was talking about the sermon from Sunday. She prayed that God would help her to not lie (been a problem) and to not sin. Also that Satan would stay away from her and that she wouldn't fall into his traps! :angel: I was/am so proud!!!!!

Steph

sshomemom 10-15-2002 11:03 PM

Pulling a Gary- didn't want to lose my post. If I leave anyone out I'm sorry. Getting confused since this has moved .

Sami- sorry to hear about your stomach troubles:( I hopeyour feeling better

Zoe- glad to hear about your trophies from the tournament :dance:

Godschild- sorry to hear aboiut your dgd- I'll add it to my prayer list.

Wilma- Hope you had a good time with your ds.

busy day tomorrow- need to go!

Steph

doitforme 10-16-2002 09:01 AM

Hi!

It's looking like a really rainy day is coming, bummer, although we probably need the rain.
Lilsis- The conference sounds interesting, usually something like that draws us back on track, which is a good thing, it always does me. Congrats on not gaining.
Gary- I will keep you in my prayers for increased stamina dealing with your nephew, If you don't mind we asking how old is He. Is it attention seeking behavior? Keep giving him the discipline and love all kids need He will come around, although its a tough row to hoe.
Steph- I usually pull a gary too. I post twice so I won't loose my post, if loosing weight were as easy, I'd be a beanpole- NOT.
I can't believe their are professing Christians that do not believe the devil exists, H-E-L-L-O, that is trully sad.
Godschild- I will add you to my prayer list, and your daughter, who can't be living a happy life, that She turns her life around.
Sami- I do hope you feel better your in my thoughts and prayers, get well before the wedding relax, and don't worry so much, your doing great! God Bless all!

wilma12 10-16-2002 10:10 AM

WOW!

Is it ever nice to come here and read all these posts. I am so glad for each one of you.

Godschild: A big welcome to you. If you find us again put us in your favorites file and then we'll always be there. Tell us a bit aobut yourself.

doitforme: Glad to see you posting. Have a good day!

Steph: I agree. Where do people think these temptations come from? I don't think we know all there is to know and I'm glad I don't! It's so neat about your step daughter. Faith of a child!

Gary: I'm glad you nephew is showing signs of progress. It shows what a loving, stable home can do!

Sami: I'm sorry you're feeling badly. I'll pray for you. I've been struggling with eating junk food and normally it doesn't bother me to not have it. I need to get back on the right track.

We've got company coming for supper and the night tonight. Dh's aunt and uncle are coming. We really enjoy them and tomorrow is my day off so I don't have to rush to work in the am.
I think I'll make a sweet and sour chicken dish. I have to do stove top work because my oven died on me yesterday. I had put a meatloaf in the oven and only the top cooked. I put it in the micro to finish cooking. It wasn't too bad but was very frustrating. DH is looking after the oven for me so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Well, I should get some work done. Have a super day!!

sami 10-16-2002 12:07 PM

Hello to all and a big welcome to Godschild! Godschild you really should look into Grandparents rights law for your state. In Indy Grandparents do have rights and can be given unsupervised visits! I will pray for you and Her. And thank all of you for showing me how much you care. I am having a hard time today and when I called my speicalist back they want me to come back in but the next avail is Nov 14! They think I might have pancreatitis. I had an Aunt who died from cancer of the pancreas. He has been treating me for other things hoping that was the problem but the meds made no diffrence so it leans back to Pancreatitis There is one test he can do but it is really painful so I am trying to hold off.

got to run "I thank God everytime I think of you"
Praying for all of you,
Sami

Godschild 10-16-2002 01:11 PM

Sammi, I will be praying for you! Be still and know I am God Psalm 46;10 Be assured you are in his loving hands! \0/
Your sister In Christ, Godschild

EZMONEY 10-16-2002 08:46 PM

WOW

Wow look at all the posts!! All is well here except somehow I managed to lose 2 posts already-- remember I am a construction guy not a rocket scientist!! or even normal as my wife would say! Just finished teriaki pork-chops,basmanti rice and green beans. A quiet dinner, nephew at his moms for her week day visit, son at the gym, daughter at school and step-d with her dad. Wife now off to play tennis--excuse me a moment " do a little exercising for me babe" o.k. I am back.
GODSCHILD welcome-- you are already in our prayers, daughter and GD too-- alcohol is a bad drug:devil: --it ran in my family growing up.
STEPH -Frosting?:nono: on your 8 month old's crackers? Hey girl we are here for you!! Congrats on step-d and her observations.
SUE My nephew will be 12 this month. He is ADD and yes he is an attention grabber at all costs-- he can be in 15 conversations at once and not even know what they are about!! He cannot stand to mind his own business.
WILMA- How was company and sweet and sour chicken? Great I'll bet. I love meatloaf-- your husband must have been bummed to not have it cooked like you usually do--I would be. I hope your oven is just a minor problem.

EZMONEY 10-16-2002 08:53 PM

I"M BACK!!!

I am not gonna lose another one!! Today.
SAMI- You poor dear. My father died of pancreas cancer . I am sure the doctor is going to figure this out. I don't know much at all about pacreatitis-- but it doesn't sound like fun. Are you sure there is a connection to pancreas cancer? Lets all pray all will be qworked out in God's will. You hang in there... you got a big wedding coming up--REMEMBER .
Well now I am home alone so I will wrap this up and take a quick nap before anyone else comes home-- just a short one so I won't be up all night.
HE IS WITH ALL OF US-- Bless you all- Gary

doitforme 10-17-2002 05:00 PM

Hi Kids!

The rain finally took a hike yeah!!! E-Z hope you enjoyed your nap. It was well deserved. You have a tough haul, but your nephew needs you. I'll keep you and him in my prayers. zHe will come around, when He realizes, you do care. In the meantime dinner sounded great, love porkchops, then again wilma's meatloaf, would have also been a hit. So would sweet and sour chicken, guess it all sounds good. Hope your dinner party went well wilma. Sami- Hope your soon on the mend, your in my thoughts and prayers. Godschild, hope things improve with your daughter, and she allows visitation with GD. Hi to zoe, hope your cruise goes well we had great weather. Where abouts are you cruising to? Hi to everyone I missed!
Hope all are well, and pray that the sniper is caught soon.
Here is a thought for the day!
But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift. Ephesian's 4:7
God bless!

EZMONEY 10-17-2002 08:51 PM

THURSDAY NIGHT

HI All-
Thanks SUE for all the encouragement with the nephew. He loves me alot and is really good natured, he is just one giant GOOFBALL :dancer: . He had his second cross-country race today and while he was supposed to be warming up-- he is hitting rocks with a stick-- and when they call his race to start he is 200 yards away. They waited for him, he got 108 out of 114, but it was actually a much better effort than last week.

EZMONEY 10-17-2002 09:57 PM

LEFT FOR DINNER

Hello Again-- I left for dinner with my wife. Rubios-- do you guys have that or is it still all Californian? It is a fish taco restaurant on the casual side-- almost fast food but not quite-- not near elegant dining either!! But so very good!!:chef: I remember when I wouldn't touch a fish taco-- it sounded gross:yikes: But now they are one of my favorites.
Everyone must be out working on treadmills etc. Good for you!! No-not me either!! Wife gets up every morning (almost) and lifts her weights and almost every afternoon she takes off walking or running. I am always too tired-- well usually-- but she always has more energy. She CLAIMS it is because she exercises. Go figure.
Well got to get chores done before SURVIVOR--
MISSING the posts ladies-- HE LIVES- HE LOVES--HE IS THERE FOR YOU!! Gary