Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:37 AM   #541  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Happy Friday

Today's Journal

B - Oatmeal, skim milk, nectarine
S - grapes, string cheese, peach, almonds
L - Subway Turkey
D - Shrimp, salad
Exercise - Walked 2.5 miles
Old 07-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #542  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

HELLLOOOOO!!!!!

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

Plus a long weekend + a trip to the Zoo + shopping + 3 days to sleep in!

Penguin - thanks, if I can get her to sit still long enough I can sometimes get decent photos of her. She is super cute

Springjacka - not a problem, always happy to help! I know I can definitely not get on in the evenings so i'm always posting in the morning ... and all day at work ... But the evenings - no time

MamaP - I am very glad to hear that you are feeling better, remember if you ever need support we are always just a computer away!

Diana - my hands are way up high! And thanks Her tongue really is very pink eh??

Here is the plan for the day girls 7/30/2010

B - 1 WW whole wheat bagel w/ 2 light laughing cow cheeses and tomato + 1 banana + 1 small choc. milk

S - 1 Yoghurt

L - Hmmm not sure yet, maybe baked fish with salad and rice OR a Salmon Salad sandwich on multi-grain bread with a side salad - we'll see what I feel like when lunch time comes around

S - 1 Peach

D - Again not 100% sure yet, going out for dinner and haven't decided where yet

Drinking: 1 morning coffee + 2L water throughout the day + 1 diet pepsi

Execise: 30 mins brisk walk with the dog + porbably some Wiii Sports games

Ok girls, you'll probably see me around here today but I am still going to say have a happy, healthy and OP day and weekend!

Last edited by L R K; 07-30-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #543  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

July 29

2 Iced coffee 100

Panera Fuji Apple Salad 680

cupcake 170
caramel icing. 70
= 240

hamburger200
cheese 70
bun 100
mayo lettuce tom 50
green beans 50
baked potato 150
cantaloupe 20
= 640

2.5 cupcakes 425
icing 175
= 600

Total=2,260

Exercise
Ped = 4,412
15min cardio

Weight,
215.8 ~ new low
Old 07-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #544  

Lauren, When I was a girl we had a Lhasa. He was such a ham, every time we brought out the camera he was ready to have his picture taken, even if he didn't understand about pictures. April on the other hand, hides when we bring out the camera or just puts her head down, bored.

Kris, glad to hear you are feeling better. Hang in there.

Love, we haven't had any rain in weeks, so when it stormed last night we were all happy to see it. We were also comfortably inside however.

Diana, two flippers in the air for me.

Nia, glad your migraine went away.

Spring, I don't have much time in the evenings either, sometimes like today, I play 'catch-up' the next morning.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #545  

So I haven't posted in a day and there are pages and pages - wow, we are a chatty bunch. Welcome to the new folks!

My Thursday:

breakfast: 2 lite whole wheat organic waffles with almond butter, frozen organic blueberries.

snack: prunes and almonds

lunch: pita bread pizza with fresh basil, peppers, onion, mushrooms. lettuce salad with shredded carrots and homemade vinaigrette

snack: smoothie with skim milk, fat free greek yogurt, frozen blueberries, banana, cacao nubs. Yum. highly recommend this as a tasty, fast, sweet, high protein snack.

dinner: 1 small crepe with camembert, a bowl of gazpacho, gnocchi with homemade pesto and fresh parmesean, and small slice of birthday cake. I threw a birthday party for a friend who was turning 21. I also served mojitos as cocktails, but only had a small one, and sangria with the dinner but didn't add the sweetener and the sweet soda the recipe called for. I realize I was probably over calories, but felt like I was able to balance making tasty foods with serving smaller portions and including plenty of veggies. Plus (even though it was a 21st bday) I and other folks didn't have too much to drink, which leads to not only higher calorie consumption opens Pandora's box. for other issues..

exercise: 3 3/4 miles total (3.25 running, the rest walking as warm up and cool down) on the treadmill with either .5 or 1 incline. About 40-45 minutes or something. My 4 mile race is only 5 weeks away!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #546  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

As I learn more about myself my eating habits and shedding the past in this process I see the pattern for why I go up and down this time around. Even since I started over I notice this trend.

On days when I am broke my eating is SWELL! I pack I don't eat much and I workout wonderfully. When I get paid I kind of am in a rush and don't take the time to slow down and cook or pack something. I'll grab takeout. Like today. I had to come in to work early this morning because if a server upgrade so I missed my morning run and I absolutely HATE working out in the evening I feel that is my relax, make dinner, and family time plus I'm just plain ole wore out. So I'm trying to figure out how to get this workout in.

Also every other week this summer our CEO sponsors a job cookout on (usually this is payday) And it's like a potluck where everyone brings in their meals or picks it up and brings it in.

I did good as I went to Kroger's to pick up my side dish I went ahead and bought healthy lunch snacks and goodies to keep in the fridge for 2 weeks. But i think I overate on the cookout stuff. I have tons of running around to do once I get off AND this morning since we had to come in super early the boss brought in donuts. I got one that was wayyyy to sweet and a little nasty but I have this mental thing where I feel like I have to finish everything I start so I ate the whole thing.

Needless to say I'm feeling a little crappy foodwise today proud of myself for shopping smart and praying I keep this resolve through the weekend. Shoot by the time I get done paying bills I ought not to have any money left to eat out anyways lol.

It is an absolute MUST that I get a workout in this evening. I also notice that whenever I lose a really big amount of weight I unintentionally eat it back on. It's not even something that I noticed until recently. I don't instinctively do it either it's almost subliminal and I don't notice that I've done it until after I'm full and feel miserable. Hmmm gotta find a way to get a handle on this one. I think much prayer and seeking God for answers will help with this one.

The Good thing is atleast I am identifying my traps NOW while I'm trying to lose instead of later when I get to a place of maintenance.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #547  

MrsD, Good observations. I think its very important for us to figure out the reasons behind how and why we eat as well as what we eat.

blueridge, Your birthday party sounds fabulous. Nice of you to host it. And good job sticking to smaller portions.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #548  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

My internet commited hara-kiri so haven't been here for a while.

Anyway, today:

Breakfast: Fat free yoghurt.
Lunch: Big. Portion. Of. Chips. And I mean chips as in fish and chips, not crisps.
Dinner: Curry sauce with quorn and no rice.

I hate my TOM. Gah. All I want is unhealthy processed foods. Curse youuuu *shakey fist*
Old 07-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #549  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

MrsDawsondn I agree with Penguin, great observations. Once you realize there's a problem you can work towards correcting it. It still may take time, patience and work but at least you are making progress.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #550  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Good Afternoon Everyone, Happy Friday to you ALL

MrsDawson great observation. I'm learning new things also, I just need to keep them in my head so that I utilize what I am learning

Hi Wysteria

Has anybody gone through a spell where it seems everything you eat seems too salty? Last night I wanted something salty ate it and it drove me crazy. I just finished a turkey and Swiss on whole wheat with lite mayo and lettuce and now I have a taste in my mouth like I just ate a ton of chips. I can't stand this taste. It's almost like nothing taste good anymore. What to do? hmmmm (I also had a 1/2 of a value fry with ketchup at Burger King with the boys) but that didn't leave a bad taste.

Last edited by love2b150; 07-30-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:23 PM   #551  

Love, your tastes may just be changing. The idea that Salt was considered bad was just coming out when I was growing up so I learned to enjoy food without salt {watching my Dad trying to cut down on salt}. So when I started cooking on my own, everything was too salty, so I learned to cut back when cooking. Going out to eat can sometimes be a problem. The chef and I have different ideas about what is too salty.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:09 PM   #552  
~Rennie

Penguin, I don't use salt at all when cooking or eating. (pat on the back considering how my Mom and Dad would cook) I know it's in everything (seasoning) but ewww. I've been buying the no salt spices, since I started my journey, because they are more appealing to me. This will give you an idea of how often salt is used here ~ We bought salt at some point (years) before we moved out here 4.5 years ago so my Mom and her husband would have it when they come over, they are salt fanatics. Well my Mom's husband stayed with us for 5 weeks and do you know he used all of that salt. So it isn't intentionally added to my food, (my husband does put it in his grits *weekend breakfast) and the kids are not allowed to touch it. As far as my taste buds go it's making me not want to eat. (that could be a good thing, jk.) That taste is horrid. I hope my taste adjust soon. My Mom and I cook together for the holidays. I watch everything she does because if I don't we can't eat it and she gets upset. Thanks for listening

Last edited by love2b150; 07-30-2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #553  
~Rennie

Today is DAY 60 for me ... do you know I don't think I can ever recall doing this well. I would have either slipped up and given up in a few weeks or started to eat what I want while exercising or eating well for a few weeks and not exercising then saying this is for the birds because I gained instead of losing. Wow this feels good
Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #554  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

7-30-10

96+ ounces water

Breakfast:
Protein Shake
Glazed Donut

Lunch:
Cottage Cheese & Peaches
Grilled Zucchini & Bell Pepper
Bratwurst (no bun)

Snack:
One Dove Dark Chocolate Miniature

Dinner:
Beef Cube Steak Sandwich (thin bun)
Corn tortilla & hummus

Total approximately 1250 calories.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #555  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

TGIF Everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!

Don't forget to look for the new August check-in. I will probably post it tomorrow night.

Total Approx 1535 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (370 calories + swipe mayo)
EarthGrains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
4 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 60 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Swipe Kraft Horshradish Dijon Mayonnaise (less calories than regular mayo)
Kiwi Fruit 50 calories
Cape cod reduced fat chips 100 calories

Dinner (800 calories)
2 Grilled Mahi Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories
5 Dark Hershey's Kisses 100 calories

Exercise:
~The Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster (w/Fitstix & Fanny Lifter)
~TF Fire 30
~100 Jump Ropes
Closed Thread