Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 03:49 PM   #16  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi gang!

we are back from the dentist! The kids did good! Tyler wasnt afraid this time and cassie did well for her first time ever! Neither of them had cavities!! So they got this totally cool goodie bag with all sorts of toys and stickers and a coupon for a free taco at our favorite mexican food restarant! AND the got their picture taken for the no cavities wall!

Me on the other hand. I have a tiny cavity and one of my teeth needs a crown! It has been bugging me for 1.5 years now. My old dentist would do nothing about it!! I am so glad I switched because this new dentist saw it right away! I will be pain free in a couple of months!!

Spryng - WW at home was actually a good deal. It cost $100 up front for EVERYTHING. That included all the electronic calulators, the books (all the ones you get in the course of 8 weeks at the meetings) plus 6 months of telephone support from WW international. But I do agree that any diet program should be covered by insurance!!

Sassy - Boy you sure sound like me. Looking back.. I cannot tell you why it took me so long to get back on the horse! Lazyness? I dont know! But we are moving!! Hives! My son had those about 2 years ago on St. Patricks day! They had a party at preschool and I got called to pick him up early.. the doctor told me that he probably ate too much green dye! So now I limit his intake! He only had one other reaction like that one .. when he swiped and ate an extra fruit snack bag... he knows not to do that again!

Sinnrah - I dont even remember 105! Good for you girl! Enjoy your sun in texas! We are warm (80s) but overcast here in the PNW!

BTW, does anyone have a link for an online food journal (cheap or free) that will give me totals for calories and fat, etc. Doesnt have to be the deluxe model.. but just something I can log in daily and see how I am doing!

Talk to you all soon!

Last edited by CrochetLegacy; 07-17-2002 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:53 PM   #17  
One day at a time.

Default Silly Me?

Hi,

I missed y'all, and it's really kinda goofy but I wasn't getting the email to notify me of updates and I just figured out why! Duh? Not I'm not blonde, not anymore! I've been pretty busy, Dh is gone to a funeral in La. and I'm still taking care of the pup.

Jackie, I'm sorry I've been so confusing lately I had WI=weigh in last night. And I must say I feel a lot better after hearing the topic this week = weight loss stages!
Stage 1 = Honey moon
Stage 2 = The Thrill is gone!
Stage 3 = Renewed resolve
Stage 4 = Life style change

I discovered I'm in Stage 2, but headed for stage 3 now! Now I understand why I've been feeling so frustrated, and I'm trying to deal with it in a healthy way!
Anyway, my pup is doing better, but still sore, so I have him on pain meds. and Penicillin. We raise bull dogs and I figure he made his sister mad cause she roughed him up good! Now I have them seperated, so no more problems!

Welcome Karen, and good luck! This is a great place to be!

Spryng, It's been a long time since I had to potty train, but all I can say is time and patience is the only thing that works, and offering treat sometime too!

Sinnrah, I feel for you girl, I'm the same way when Dh is gone! I couldn't sleep last night, but he'll be home tonight!!! Then leaving again for a business trip to AZ. in a few days.

Oh dear Sassy, that sounds scary! I'm glad everythings alright now. We've had that a couple of times too, once it was an allergy to some meds. and then it was some type of plant allergy. But not life threatening, thank goodness!

Well ladies, it's good to hear that everyones doing good! I better get some house work done,TTFN

OOH! Weigh in!!! Thought I was going to have a gain, but I lost 2.6lbs for a total of 22.2lbs. in 5 weeks! That really helped my mood!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:54 PM   #18  

WoW! Welcome to everyone who is new! I'm Misty, 27 married mother of 2 Dd's 3yo and 15mo. I'm on a low calorie and low fat diet of my own with yoga and recubent biking for exercise. My long term goal is to maintain 115# I'm currently around 127#. I've lost 30# since last November when I started to diet and I think that is when I joined SAHM. I've been a member here for awhile but my computer went down and I had to re-register. So that's me and I'm glad to meet you all and can't wait to know you better.

Hey to all the not new members too ! How is everyone? I've been a bit out of sorts. TOM and just feeling lousy. You all know how it goes. So I read some of the posts and I'll do my best to get back on track with all of you. I'm off for now to try and fix dinner.

I added this photo, this is the 2 newest members of our clan English Bluetick Hounds Little Dixies "Fancy" Hopper and Little Dixies Hocus Pocus "Gypsy"
Well it didn't work I'll post a link....
Old 07-17-2002, 07:47 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all.
I got a nap in finally when the kids went down at 1:00 pm. It helped a little. I think I might be able to make it until the kids bedtime at 9:00.
My eating has been so-so today. I had ramen noodles for lunch and then my Dh suprised me with chinese take out for dinner. I only ate about half and then drank two glasses of water and got on my bike for 10 more minutes. That's 30 total so far today. I'd like to get in at least 10 more for tonight. I'll find out the damage when I go to fitday. But I think I'm still in the good for today.
Don't feel bad Melissa, I did the same thing. I got so used to using this quick reply that I forgot to use the regular one when a new thread was started and didn't get any email alerts. Then I came to the site to see several had posted since I had and I realized what I did! I love this quick reply but I wish they would put an email option below it like on the regular reply.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing your new pic Misty. Are they cats??
Well, I'm getting ready to tape Big Brother 3 tonight. Does any one else like that show? I just love reality TV. Makes my life seem very calm and simple compared to others.
I'll check back in later. G'nite!!
Old 07-17-2002, 09:16 PM   #20  

LoL! I'm sorry I went off to look up the link and oh man my youngest is trying to potty train on the adult toilet so I sat her there while I turned away to fix her bath. She decided to stand in the toilet!? So I had to mop the bath floor and one thing turned into another... Finally here I am with the link
http://community-2.webtv.net/MistyMichele/doc1/
Let me know it the link works okay girls!
Nighty Nite!
Old 07-18-2002, 06:58 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!

I see a few of the regulars here have posted a little bit about themselves to the newcomers, so here's my life in a nutshell too! : First of all-I've lived in WI my entire life. My DH & I have been married for 18 yrs & we have 2 beautiful children. A DS who is 13 & a dd who is 8. We have 2 cats- Age: 8 years & the other is 2 mos. We have a 3 y/o goldfish & currently have 5 tadpole/frogs! One has completely turned into a frog & the others are starting to sprout! Thanks to Spryng: I've finally figured out how to keep them alive once they turn into frogs! It sounds so simple now! Now-back to me: I've been a SAHM for the past 4 years & before that I was a FT-City Letter Carrier for the P.O. for 11 yrs. (10 of the years raising a family!) I used to have a 13 mile walking route back then & I thought weighing 135-140# was too much for my 5'5" frame! (I'd love to weigh that now!) I'd even be happy to be 20# lighter right now! Well-with the help of you gals, facing reality, having determination,willpower & exercise, I may get there someday! I just recently lost 16.5# between Easter & Mother's Day. Unfortunately...I've gained back around 5# since the kids got out of school! I lost the 16.5# using the Fit For Life plan & getting on my recumbant bike for 45-60 min. 4-5 days p/wk. The FFL/exercise plan has been by far-then best program that I've ever been on! So-now you know a little about me! Telling you all this has tired me out,so...I'm going back to bed to sleep for a few hrs again!
See you later!~

Last edited by Freckles; 07-18-2002 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-18-2002, 11:35 AM   #22  

Yes Misty the link worked! What cute dogs!! We are hoping to get a chocolate lab next year and I can't wait. It's been several years since I owned a dog and I love the thought of the kids growing up with them. That's funny about your dd in the toilet, makes me remeber the stories that used to be told about me. I was tiny when I was little, like my dd whois 2 1/2 and weighs barely 20 lbs. Well when it got hot I would sit inside the toilet and play, I was so little that my mom could barely see my head above the rim and I was just sitting in there playing with my toys! I can't imagine being so little at one time but when I look at my dd I can see it. She is just as little.
Anyway, looks like I have gained. I know it's not fat because I haven't really went over my cals at all this week. Yesterday I thought I overdid it with the chinese but turns out my day ended at 1304 cals. Not bad at all. So it must be muscle. How much weight can I expect to gain with muscle and when will I just start losing again? I thought I had gained all I could already until I weighed this morning. Back to 138. I don't mind the number at all because my clothes are fitting better and better the past week. My size 8 jeans are getting loose on my hips and that is great to me no matter what the scale says but I'm just wondering when the scale will start to go down too?? Anybody know??
Well I think I'm taking the kids shopping today. Home World is changing locations so they are having a huge sale and I want to go and see what they have. We have a new pet too, I forgot to tell you all. I bought a plant kit that you put together and then put in a male betta fish (siamese fighting fish) he is so beautiful! Bright blue with streaks of red, gorgeous. So it's a neat setup, a beautiful jar filled with soft pink gemstones and then you put in the fish, and then put the plant (a peace lily) in the top and the fish feeds off the roots and such and then you tie a bow around it and poof! a gorgeous focal point in the room. The best thing was it cost less than 10 dollars to make. I think I may make another one to put in my bathroom next to my garden tub. It would be very pretty there.
Well anyway, guess I'll get off here. I'm going to try and stay OP today, hopefully staying around 1200 cals for today and getting in at least 30 minutes of exercise. I'm rooting for everyone else too!! Have a great day!!
Old 07-18-2002, 11:40 AM   #23  

Good Morning Everyone!

I am having a good start to my day, although I havent excersized yet. TOM is 1.5 weeks late (No chance of being prego! I am always like this) and my lower back is killing me! I have endometriosis and it is currently growing on the nerves on my back so right before TOM hits I get a ton of pain and my left leg goes numb. But the good news is that when I get on the treadmill it helps.. It is just hard to get out of bed when I feel like this! So when the kids are in their room for quiet time... I will be on the treadmill! I need to get my walking in!

I found Fitday.com and I love it! It really gives me the information I need to see what I need to work on! Like yesterday, I only ate just over 1800 calories.. I know that is way too low for me. So today I can concentrate on getting in more protien. That was low too. (but then again with TOM I am a carbo girl! LOL )

My hubby brought home a dozen Krispy Kremes last night. This morning their are 6 left and I DIDNT EAT ONE! I might try a bite of one later, just to taste, but if I try one in the morning I will crave sweets for the rest of the day! UGH!

Well, my DD has a 4 year old check up this morning.. so I am off for now.

Hope all have a great day!
Old 07-18-2002, 01:42 PM   #24  
burned out bus driver

We're Back!!!!!!
Gosh this has been busy here, I missed a whole thread and some newcomers. I'll get back on later and read the threads and catch up with everyone. Our vacation was good- busy but good. Glad to be home though. I missed all of you- and at times wished I had access to a computer to at least keep in touch.
Talk to you later!
Ginny
Old 07-18-2002, 01:43 PM   #25  
Searching for Motivation

Hi All!

Well the good news is that my dd doesn't have hives anymore. It only lasted through the night and she was able to get to sleep pretty quickly considering. The bad news is that last night I made the girls hot fudge sundaes and then made one for myself too . Now, please understand that I don't typically make these things for myself. Usually my dh comes in with one for him and one that he's made for me too - and always without asking! Sounds like a true gentleman huh? NO - it's sabotage I tell you! So the fact that I actually made one for myself and then ate it too tells me that my body must be missing something that it needs. If it would have been any other type of sundae, I wouldn't have eaten it but it was hot fudge and I just couldn't resist! And to make matters worse, I put lots of walnuts on top too. Ugh!

Sometimes I think I eat bad stuff just because I like it and not for any psychological reasons, like stress, anxiety, pms, whatever. Why does there always have to be a reason anyway? Ok, I'm trying to justify my mistake - is it working? No, ok then, I'll move on...

I have a small dilemma and I'm hoping some of you can help. We live in a small town and it's kinda like living in the country - there's a lot of nature and animals living around our house. In the last few weeks we've found a burrough with baby bunnies in it under the bushes in front of our house. We never would have even seen it but we were pulling weeds and they were just *there*. They have since left the burrough but now we find them scattered throughout our yard - just sitting there. You could easily step on them if you weren't paying attention. Also, we've found several baby birds in our driveway and also just laying in our yard.

We don't really know what to do with them. My dh went to mow the yard yesterday and luckily found one of the birds before he ran it over. Will the mother of these animals come to get them? I'm particularly concerned about the birds because they seem not to move too much. I don't know if they fell out of their nest or if they're waiting for mom or what. I've heard that if you mess with baby birds, the mothers can attack you and I certainly don't want that to happen! Because of these birds, I can't let my dog go outside cause she'd just start messing with them and the girls would ultimately run them over riding bikes. Help! This is the first time this has happened and we've lived in this house for 3 summers now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Time to go get lunch - my kids are arguing over what we're going to have as I type. Should it be mac and cheese or corn dogs? If life's choices were only this simple all the time...sigh . Catch you all later. Bye!
Old 07-18-2002, 01:47 PM   #26  
Searching for Motivation

Ginny - you snuck in while I was typing. Welcome back! Glad to hear your vacation was fun - can't wait to hear the details! See ya soon
Old 07-18-2002, 04:15 PM   #27  

hello again!
Welcome back Ginny, we have all missed you!
About your question Sassy- I too live in the country, I have my whole life. Now 1, the bunnies will be fine without a mother. The get to a certain age and they fend for themselves. Obviously they have no fear of people so they stand around watching you. Just be careful with them. Just because they seem tame, they aren't and can still bite if cornered. So you might not want to have your kids playing with them. Now as for the baby birds. They fall out of the nests, sometimes if you see the nest it fell from you can put on gloves and put it back in but with birds it's survival of the fitest and may be rooted right back out. It's nature's way. But call a vet or pet store and talk to someone who knows about those things. You could always raise the birds yourselves with a little food and a special feeder, but if that's too much you may just want to find the nest it fell from and place it back in. And no, the mother won't take care of it if it's on the ground. Now it may protect it, but you'd notice that as soon as you saw the bird, the mother would be close by. But chances are the mother bird doesn't even care. Just one less mouth to feed. Sad I know. I can't tell you how many baby birds I've tried to save in my years only to either have them diet on me or to put them back into the nest just to see it laying dead on the ground the next day. These things happen. But enjoy your wildlife and hopefully you won't have to worry about it much more seeing how fall is just around the corner. Now if you want the rabbits out of your yard you can buy some traps, (the humane ones) and catch them and release them elsewhere away from your property and that sould fix that. Other than that sounds like they have made friends!!
Well ladies, I just got home. Met my Dh for lunch at olive garden. I din't over do it. I really wanted dessert though and didn't get any because he ran out of time. I guess that's a good thing
Haven't exercised yet today but will later. Talk to you later!!
Old 07-18-2002, 07:15 PM   #28  

Welcome Back Ginny! Good to know you all had a great time and made it home safe. Can't wait to hear bout the trip once you get settled.

Great advice for Sassy there Spryng. Couldn't have said it better.

Jackie I never realized you were with the po for so long. Wow. You are even more of a supermom now.

Karen hope you made it on the treadmill and are feeling alittle better.

Spryng what is going on with the baby and the hernia? Did you say and I missed it? I've been concerned.
Oh and labs are great dogs to have with a family. I have a friend who has one and she is so gentle and loyal to him.
And WTG at olive garden! I had LoneStar steak house today and stayed OP too! YaY for us!

Okay I'm off to sweat girls tomorrow is weigh in and I really want to meet that first goal... 125# it is my first short term goal since I hopped back on the diet. Wish me luck.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:25 PM   #29  

I thought I would check in!

Havent gotten on the treadmill yet,! Misty! I have been running around all day then my daughter ended up with 3 shots today at the doctor! I had to deal with that.. she was so upset So now I have dinner in the oven and I most likely will walk after dinner and the kiddos are in bed. Good for you at the steak house! I LOVE a good steak so that would be a hard one for me![COLOR=limegreen][/COLOR}

Spyring - Way to go at the Olive Garden! I love that place! hmmm... I am going to have to get out there one of these days!

I just thought I would check in! I will be on that tread mill before bed.. I have too!
Old 07-18-2002, 10:27 PM   #30  
burned out bus driver

Hello again!
Just stealing the computer for a few minutes from Dd(who will be back for it very soon).

Welcome Karen!!!!!!! (love that name,someone very dear shares that name with you!) And I love your screen name- I crochetted my way all the way from NY to Fl and back! (Dh did most of the driving). So you are a treadmill walker- I will most likely be looking to buy one for Dh for his bday.
Can you recommend a good one?

Michele and Spryng- thanks for the warm welcome home. As I mentioned before, I really missed your friendship while on vacation. I hit PMS time while we were gone -plus Dh has been moody and I had the awful urge to post......or just read the posts while I was gone. It is good to be back.

Well, Dd is still upstairs. So I will begin with the first installment of the vacation. We left on Friday, 7/5 and began our drive to Fla to visit BIL and SIl. It was 2 long days of driving. The kids were great (considering) on the road. BIL and SIL just built a house in Fla- we stayed with them for 3 nites. We had a great time there- all get along really well, and considering that they never had children- and they went all over with us and the kids (Busch Gardens, etc) it went well. Glad to see them- but the visit was long enough. And Dh and his brother are a lot alike- and sort of become more so when they are together ( the good and the bad). Thankfully, his wife and I get along great (probably good that we live far apart, we would get into far too much trouble with each other if we lived closer!) Then we went on to Kissimmee to all the stuff there.

Well, Dd is back and will want this again......I'll continue later. Have a great nite. And it is soooooo good to be back!!!
Ginny
Closed Thread