Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 11:05 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay At Home Mom's #54

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health,lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #53 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.
Ginny
Old 07-18-2002, 11:22 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hello again!
Guess I had better catch up on some old business!
Jackie!! Happy belated birthday!!!!! Hope that it was happy- and I wish for you a healthy and joy filled year. You deserve the best!

Misti (aka Michele)- I did go back and read most of thread # 52 that I missed. I was so saddened to learn of your Du's death. How are you coping now? How is your aunt doing now?
You seem to be such a caring person- and I am sure will be a real blessing to her during this difficult time. The first set of holidays without a loved one can be so hard. And these first few weeks (after the initial shock wears off) are so hard. You and your aunt are in my prayers.

Welcome Sinnrah!!!!! I am sorry that I missed meeting you last week~ but I am glad that you are here to join us.

Spryng- how is life going with you????? My heart broke with your post of some devastating news- and I do hope that things have straightened out for you.

Mel- you sound busy. I hope that you have a good nights sleep to recharge those batteries!

So, lets see.....I left the trip in Kissimmee at the end of the last thread. We spent 5 nights in Kissimmee and saw Universal Studios and some of Walt Disney world. The weather was good- some rain each day but short in duration.
I would have loved just one more day in Epcot (Disney world)- been there several times and love it more each time I go, but we sort of rushed thru it. (I was really looking foward to a slow day there to savor it, Oh, well). Then we began the journey home- some 1150 miles of driving. Spur of the moment, we stopped in Myrtle Beach on the way home (needed a place for a stop over) and stayed there for 2 days. Myrtle Beach was hot- really hot. I could not wait to get home and almost jumped out the window of the van when we got into NJ enroute home and I opened the window and it was 60 degrees!!!!!! What a great welcome home, nice cool weather. (although it is hot now).

Well, I fear that I am suffering from babbling of the keyboard now and that this post is becomming too long or hard to understand as I ramble on and on. So- have a great nite and hopefully I will be able to get back on tomorrow!
Once again - it is great to be back here.
Ginny
Old 07-19-2002, 10:49 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Ginny Your trip to FL sounds wonderful! DH and I went to Disney world oh... about 11 years ago.. pre kids! We have one of those passes for 5 days and still have 1 day left on them. We will get back out there one of these days! You crochet too? COOL! I have a ton of free patterns on my site Crochet Legacy What did you make on your trip? I will be releasing my first self published Baby afghan leaflet in late september/Early October!

Oh About the treadmill, I have a Proform 745CS. I love it. We got it at Sears about a year and a half ago. I am not a serious runner so it has all the features I need, heart rate, calories burned, distance in miles and laps, and the auto incline. It also has the ifit.com feature but I havent used that yet as the treadmill is in my master bedroom and the computer and tv are downstairs!

Mel - I'm Jealous! I want a puppy! Problem is I am allergic! But you enjoy yours and keep us up to date on her! She sounds like a doll!

As for me, the treadmill never happend yesterday.. but I am not upset. PMS any my endo is giving me fits... I know I would feel better if I would just start! UGH!

Today is a stay at home day! I will be doing laundry and the kids an I have a stained glass craft to do..just one of those kits that you put the stain on the plastic suncatcher then let dry. But they are very into crafts these days so we will have fun!

Treadmill this afternoon! I will log in later to check in!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-19-2002, 11:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Your trip sounds wonderful Ginny! We are hoping to take one next month to california. It's 1500 miles one way and I don't really know how the kids will handle it but I'm prepared to stop when I have to Any tips on how to entertain toddlers on a long road trip is more than welcome!! And thank you too about being concerned about my news I posted awhile back. I am still going through a rough time but hopefully it will all calm down soon. That's why we are going on vacation too, to get away and think without family intruding. I need some space from my family right now or they are going to have to admit me to the looney ward
Misty about my dd hernia. We are waiting for it to stay visible. It goes in and out all the time and the doctor wants it to stay visible for a period of days before he'll operate. So we are playing the waiting game and hoping nothing bad happens in the mean time.
Well my eating wasn't too great yesterday. We had olive garden again for lunch which I didn't do too bad at but then went out again for dinner at a deli and even though I got a light smoked turkey sandwich I ended up eating part of my Dh's and some chips that were anything but light and I didn't get any exercise in yesterday. So I'm feeling guilty about it. I need to get on today two-fold. And watch what I eat. I'm going to try hard.
Well, I'm off to walmart to buy some groceries and my DD a present for being so good with her potty training this week. She still hasn't went #2 in the potty but she's getting closer I can tell.
I'll catch you all later!!
Old 07-19-2002, 12:31 PM   #5  
Searching for Motivation

Oh man!!!!

I was just typing a post and went to check back on a few others to get my facts straight and I lost what I was typing! Jeez - that stinks! Anyway, in a nutshell here's what I was saying...

Spryng - thanks for the great advice re. the animals. Unfortunately, 2 of the 3 birds didn't make it I can only hope the 3rd flew away and is safe and sound .

Re. long trip *toddler entertainment*, try some interactive toys/books - my kids played with them forever. Also, there's a mini boom box (fisher price?) that actually plays tapes and has 2 microphones so they can both sing along to the music - they can share and have fun all at the same time. Video tape them if you can - it'll be a hoot later!

Karen - sorry to hear about your PMS. My sister also suffers from endo. and I can understand what you must be going through. Even when it seems to be under control, it'll rear it's ugly little head at the worst times. My heart goes out to you and I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Ginny - sounds like you had a wonderful family vacation! I can't wait to take my girls there when they're old enough to really enjoy it! A few more years maybe - I should probably start saving now!

Hope all the rest are good and I've gotta go for now. Having to re-type this post has really put me behind for the day. Talk to you all soon. Have a great day!
Old 07-19-2002, 02:09 PM   #6  

ok ladies, I'm trying the advice on potty training you all gave me but she still won't go #2 in her potty. I bought her a really neat activity book and am with holding it until she goes but no metter how bad she wants it she just won't go. Of course she hasn't gone at all today yet. So there may still be hope. Any more suggestions?? She has the pee down to an art now, now if we can only get her to go #2 in there she will be officially potty trained!!! But I'm running out of ideas.
Well I bought me another box of slimfast bars. I really love their taste. I had one for lunch and then did 10 minutes on my bike. Not great but hopefully I get on again today. My DH wants us to meet him for dinner again and I have no idea what we will eat , but I really need to keep it light.
Well, I'll catch you all later.
Old 07-19-2002, 03:03 PM   #7  

Ahhhhhh I posted on #53!
nothing v. imortant tho.

Ginny ty for asking about my auntie. She is such an inspiration. She has already moved out of the house. She has a job and is working and doing well. Her feelings are still hurting. She said meals and going to bed are lonely but she is running the roads and visiting alot of friends and family.
I'm doing well dealing. It still sends me into shock once in awhile. Mostly because I lost my biological father in September of 2000 and am still greiving him, he and my uncle were close so things are really weird for me. Sorry for going on and on.
Well, I'll check back later with the rest of you.
Old 07-19-2002, 06:21 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Gang!

Checking in to let you all know that I made it on the treadmill today! Now my back feels much better! I was reading an old issue of Shape Magazine and got some good summer recipes while I was at it!

Spyrng - Patience is the key with #2 training. That is the hardest one. Go a week and see if that works with the book before you try something new. If you keep changing the incentive, she will get confused and nothing will happen. I dont envy you at all!

Sassypie - Ugh! dont you hate that when you lose everything you just typed! That happens to me ALL the time! I am sorry to hear about the 2 birds not making it! Poor things! Endo is no fun, but exercise seems to help most of the time. When It is really bad and my leg is numb, I cant do anything.. but when it is just my lower back.. walking is the best thing for me.

MistyMichele -Dont feel bad about going on! When you lose someone, sometimes talking makes it a little better. I am truely sorry to hear about your loss.

Well, I am out of here. I am working on the kids school website. (I am the webmaster.. and revamping the whole thing over the summer for next year! Scanning pictures as we speak! )

Have a great evening!!
Old 07-19-2002, 09:41 PM   #9  
One day at a time.

Hi ladies,

I sure have been busy, but I wanted to stop in and see how everyone is doing? I'm doing fine with both eating and exercise, and my mood has really improved too! Guess it was a little attitude plateau? I'm not going to give up though!!!

Karen, sounds like you have your hands full too! I run a web site for our kennel, so I know how much work it is, but it's fun too, isn't it!

Spryng, I wish I could give you more tips on potty training, but your doing every thing right, it just takes time. Hang in there, oh , and enjoy your dinner out! I hope you're taking care, we don't want you getting down, from pushing yourself too hard!

Misty, I'm sending you a hug, cause I know that's the only thing that helps in times like this. It still hurts to think about my DFIL, it just doesn't seem real. Take care, and if I can help in any way, just let me know!

Sassy, don't you just get disgusted when that happens, I've done it all too many times ! Darn PC just gets me crazy at times!

Ginny, sounds like y'all stay pretty busy, the fun kind of busy though! I'd love to have time for a vacation, but we always have too... much going on!

Well ladies, Dh is feeding the dogs and I need to help, I'll TTYS!

Good night!
Old 07-20-2002, 11:25 AM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Just a quick hello- and to say that I really enjoyed reading your posts. We are still trying to adjust to being at home again, Dh still wants to run around looking for things to do to keep busy (entertainment stuff)- makes it tough to get back to normal and still be so busy. I have resumed walking- (we had access to some great excercise rooms while gone!)- but eating has been tough, too much junk around.
Gotta go check out a minor league baseball team on line (and how to get tickets for tonite).
See ya later!!!!
Ginny (I am sorry that there are no personal replies this time)
Old 07-20-2002, 12:31 PM   #11  
Searching for Motivation

Good morning

Hope everyone's doing well today. I am feeling pretty good with the exception that my left foot gets a twinge of pain every couple of steps or so. I must have slept funny on it I guess. Anyway, I'm gonna try to do my aerobics today if my foot lets me and then I have some light touch up around the house to do and then it's outside! The humidity here has been aweful - you almost feel like you can't catch your breath when you go out; but the weatherman said last night that it had broke so we're gonna chance it and try to have fun without feeling all nasty afterward.

My dh is having a fantasy baseball party here tonight, so there will probably be around 11 loud, drinking, competitive, party guys here makin a mess out of my beautiful home . Hey... my sister's coming tonight too and she's single - maybe I can set her up with one of these great guys! Ha - just kidding (she's not that gullable, and I'd never do that to her anyway ). Actually most of the guys are cool and after the girls go to bed we'll most likely join them. I always think it's interesting to watch how my hubby acts around his friends. Ha ha, that sounds bad! What I mean is there's family mode and then there's sports/party mode and he'll be in party mode tonight - Mr. Macho for sure!

The only bad thing about the party being tonight is that our next door neighbors are finally moving in. We've met them already and get along well so far - I just don't want to give off the wrong impression. We are DEFINITELY not partiers! Coincidentally, our other neighbors (who have parties every weekend, practically) just had one last weekend. Our new neighbor was checking on the house and thought they were really loud. I just hope these guys don't get too roudy .

Have a great day ladies! Stay healthy .
Old 07-20-2002, 02:25 PM   #12  

Good afternoon ladies!!
I am in high spirits today!! We should be leaving Aug 5 for california for sure!! Well we find out monday or tuesday if it will be for sure. But I think it is really going to happen!! I'm getting excited. Something to look forward to. I just hope my dd has potty training down pretty well by then, that includes #2. But we'll take along her potty chair and I think she will be fine. We are driving out there and that will be interesting. 1500 miles one way with two toddlers. Could be the best or worse experiance ever. But I'm prepared for it all so now I'm just planning. What to take, what to pack, how to entertain the kids on the ride. Stuff like that. But mostly I'm just happy that we are going to get away and see family and do fun things. I really need it right now.
Anyway, my eating was ok yesterday. Not great but ok. I had a slimfast bar for lunch and then had golden corral for dinner. I only had one plate and a few bites of dessert so I think I did ok. I only got in the 10 minutes on the bike yesterday which I'm not proud of. I was just too tired to do more. My Dh didn't have to be at work until 12:00 pm today so he let me sleep in which I desperately needed. I feel like a new person. So tonight I will try and get 30 minutes of exercise in if not more. I'm really going to buckle down and get some more weight off because I want to look and feel my best for the trip!! The last time my family saw me I was 4 months pregnant with my ds and my dd was 6 months old. So now I'll look like a whole new person, I hope
Today I had a few bites of left over chinese and some water. I plan on a light dinner and lots of exercise. Tom is a few days away so I feel the bloating coming on so my scale is not going to be accurate right now so I won't weigh again until after it's over. Then hopefully I see some results.
I'll catch everyone later, I have lots to plan!!
Old 07-20-2002, 07:51 PM   #13  

Spryng I travel all the time, 5-7x a year with kids... fly and drive usually alone. Be prepared for anything and everything. First (my biggest problem ever) motion sickness! Oh man it is the worst and can ruin an entire trip! Oldest Dh gets it. There is a drug out for lil' ones who get this but I have never used it. Call your Ped. about it. This is what I do, pack a cooler full of fruit and things that are lite to eat. No dairy products untill you arrive at your destination (v. important). No big meals that set heavy on the tummy. And sorda gross but if one gets sick watch what she is eating close and don't feed her something that comes up hard like doritos or chips. Last pack lots of fluids. My cooler is always full of fruit snacks and bottled water and juice boxes. And to keep them occupied mine like the etech-a-sketch, magnadoodle, they have favorte cd's (sound track to hunchback from notredame) and if you are gonna travel at night while they sleep remember to take their fav. blanket, pillow, or teddy bear. Just really watch out for the sickness. Good luck and if you have anymore questions you can email me. I really hope this all comes together so you can do this. You really deserve a break.

Sassy sounds like alot of testosterone (sp?) will be in your home tonight. I have nights like that too. And my husband also has a other personality too. It is funny to sit back and watch. Have a good time and hope your foot isn't still giving you fits.

Ginny how much longer are you gonna be vacationing? Sometimes you are just ready to return to normal, huh? Hope you have a great time at the ball game!

Karen, your website sounds interesting. Hope it is going well for you.

Mel, glad to hear you are in better spirits and feeling better

As for me... well this qualifies right up there with one of the worst days of my life. One I wil def. document in both Dd's baby books. Well let me start but saying this, Thursday is the oldest's birthday. We planned a beach birthday party with all her lil' friends, finishing touches were made last night. We were all set to go. This morning we got up and the baby was warm and cranky. I figured she's still cutting teeth she will be fine. Later thru the day the temp. goes up after a dose of motrin. So I tell Dh the oldest Dd needs to hangout with him for awhile while I run the other to the doc. So we go out ways and it turns out she has strep. I come home and guess what meets me at the door? My oldest broke out from head to toe with something that looks like chicken pox. YAY! So Dh and I exchange kids I give him instructions for the baby and it's back to the doc with the oldest She has strep too and it has came out in a rash on her. So I just spent 2 hrs calling everyone to reschedule her party. She is so sad Me too. I'm exausted too.

Night Nite!
Old 07-20-2002, 09:09 PM   #14  

I feel so bad for you Misty!! Both kids sick!! I hope they get better fast. You are going to have your hands full though until they do. I'm sending you a ((((HUG)))) and I hope they get well soon. And thanks so much for the traveling advice! I'm definitely packing a cooler with munchies in it and we are all going to try and eat lite. It will save on $$ too. I have a few ideas for the kids to keep them busy. Coloring books, a wipe off activity book, regular books, and a few small toys they like to play with. I think that should do it. But if not we can always stop somewhere on the way and get them some little trinket to entertain them. I'm just psyked that we are going to get to go. Oh and good news!! My daughter went #2 in her potty today!!! She suprised me with it, but sad to say I was excited about that too!! I think she may get this down after all!! I made a really big deal out of it and now she's going around calling herself a "big girl" now. She's proud of herself too.
Well, I got in 20 minutes on my bike so far today. My eating has been ok. But I really want to lose at least 5 lbs before our trip so I'm thinking about trying atkins one more time before we go. Actually it will be more like the scarsdale diet. Just something to give me a boost and will take off a few lbs during. But I haven't decided yet.
Well, guess I'll get off here. Everyone have a great evening and I'll check with ya'll tomorrow.
Old 07-20-2002, 09:19 PM   #15  

Congratulations to "the big girl" lol too cute. I'm really happy to hear you so happy Spryng. Oh I was gonna mention too, those books that talk and teach them colors numbers, farm animals and such are great too. My oldest learned her colors on a trip to Ohio last time. They are annoying but it is worth it. Thanks for the hug too. It's going okay tho. They haven't been to bad yet.
Well once again, Nighty Nite!
Closed Thread