Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #226  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

You guys ar so busy around here. I hate this time of year. It is nice outside, the grass is growing, the flower beds need tending, etc. etc. And what do I have to do all day???? Work. I want to be home!!!! I seriously have too much to do and no time to do it.

Running , walking, exercising (after a very long time), getting back on plan (who would that be?), working hard. What a bunch we are. We are awesome. My 5k freind and I were talking today about what we can do now that we couldn't a year ago.

What can you do that you couldn't before getting healthier, or lighter???
I can run 3 miles, do a plank, a wall squat and push ups. Who woulda thunk it last year??
Old 05-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #227  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Awesome MINDY!

School will be out soon and you will be able to catch up...it is hard to get everything done we need to sometimes. But, even though most things are important, there are some things we can let slide, for a while, while we take care of ourselves.

So cool you are realizing what you can do this year and couldn't last year..

wait 'till next year...Oh yeah!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #228  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well today was not too bad. had a bad case of the munchies all day/ still need to exercise yet today. but i am starting to get really tired. but i don't think it will happen because i really do not like exercising after 8 because i go to bed early usually by 9:30. (if you have not noticed i am up very early like 4:30- 5:00. and i still want to get up and exercise before work.

you know sitting back and thinking a few years ago i would just say not gonna happen, give up and leave it at that. now i really want to do this. my alarm clock is set for 4:00 for that purpose. however the bed keeps holing me hostage. i will get away from you evil, and diabolical (sp), yet so warm and soft and comfrontable cozy bed. i will you will see i will win the battle.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #229  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Decided to skip the gym today. I had the day off from job #2 so I just wanted to kind of sit at home and veg.

Had about 1400 cals today. Weighed in at 196.8.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:59 AM   #230  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
Like what shoes do you all like for running? When I get rid of ugly trail sandals (which are useless on trails unless it's in a shopping mall)...my BF suggests New Balance.
Bobble, please please please go to a good running shoes store where they actually videotape your running stride and fit you properly with the shoes that you need. Don't go by what other people like for themselves.
And get what you need even if they are a bit more expensive than you had hoped. It can make such a huge difference in keeping from getting injuries from running/walking!

I myself overpronate rather badly, and I also have very high arches, which is not that common a combination, but a good shop here was able to fit me with just the right shoes to correct my stride - and I have had injuries in the past when running on shoes that I thought very comfortable, but that didn't actually support my feet strongly enough in the area that needed it.

Good for you for getting the exercize in!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #231  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the advice Dutchgirl! I am not even going to attempt it until I get some more weight off so hopefully this summer the financial situation will have turned around.

I think today I'll keep my post short - all is okay, but I'm feeling overwhelmed in my life and a few more "straws" yesterday just have me at the verge of tears this morning. I try to stay optimistic but some days I feel so inadequate and alone. I have a lot of virtual support and of course I love my BF and our little family of four (the other two have paws). But no real friends here. Guess I'm having some major homesickness, too. Four years now out here in Colorado, I'm almost 43 years old...and you think I'd have stopped missing my mommy! LOL!

EZ - I'll try that multiple post thing again tomorrow - thanks for the instruction. It's the very last step I was unsure about.

Everyone have a great day!!!! Good luck sticking to your programs and may everyone have one success today - no matter how small :-)))))
Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 225/215/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the mulit quote info Gary, I will try it next time, too.

Bobble - My sister lives in Denver. It really can be a big city. I'm sorry you're feeling homesick. Wave hi to the mountains for me, will ya?

I went on my home scale this morning and it said 215!!! Seriously!!! So, there's 5 pounds of baloney GONE! I've been doing really well thanks to you guys. Need to workout somehow, somewhere today.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #233  
Doing it.

I ate Wendy's today. Damn, damn, damn.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Jeannette-shake it off!!

EmZee- Congrats on the 5 pounds!

Bobble-Sorry you're homesick..

I found out my test results and apparently I STILL have severe mono and was told once again to "take it easy". It's good to know that there are no OTHER underlying issues like I was starting to be concerned about. But frustrating too since this will not go away. I guess just keep doing what I am doing and taking walks when I do feel up to it. I am down another pound to 204.5. Not where I wanted to be by now but it's still progress and I'll take any I can get right now. :-)

have a great afternoon!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I exercised again today YAY ME!!! I met up with my new walking partner and we were gonna walk 2 miles, but ended up 4 1/2. And for dinner, I had lasagna Alfredo, with sausage, chicken, a jar and 1/2 Alfredo sauce, 4 kinds of cheese I did only have 1 serving, I really wanted 2. Um, I am also going to have cake and ice cream later....lol
Old 05-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #236  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

My friend and I did 3 miles tonight. She is running more as we are training for her first 5K. It is exciting to see her push herself and do so well. Since TOM arrived I went down alittle today. 191. I really want to get into the 180's solidly.

Gary- Spent about 2 hours outside tonight. Got some stuff done. Bring on summer vacation. Have you put up the new 5k yet?

Brit- Still the mono thing. Take it easy and get yourself over that.

Willow- Isn't it nice to have someone to work out with. I am so thnkful for my friend. We inspire each other.

Last edited by mtiger; 05-07-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #237  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

MANDY ~Angie thins out our alfredo (store bought) with chicken broth...about 1/3 to 2/3....saves on calories and I don't notice a difference.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #238  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaugie View Post

you know sitting back and thinking a few years ago i would just say not gonna happen, give up and leave it at that. now i really want to do this. my alarm clock is set for 4:00 for that purpose. however the bed keeps holing me hostage. i will get away from you evil, and diabolical (sp), yet so warm and soft and comfrontable cozy bed. i will you will see i will win the battle.
"I will see you when I win the battle"...love-love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
Decided to skip the gym today. I had the day off from job #2 so I just wanted to kind of sit at home and veg.
Kiddo...it seems to me you go way hard then collapse...is that so?...Balance dear...balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Bobble, please please please go to a good running shoes store where they actually videotape your running stride and fit you properly with the shoes that you need. Don't go by what other people like for themselves.

Good for you for getting the exercize in!
Great advice coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
.... Four years now out here in Colorado, I'm almost 43 years old...and you think I'd have stopped missing my mommy! LOL!

EZ - I'll try that multiple post thing again tomorrow - thanks for the instruction. It's the very last step I was unsure about.

Everyone have a great day!!!! Good luck sticking to your programs and may everyone have one success today - no matter how small :-)))))
So...before I hear anymore "do you want some cheese with that wine"...where are you going to meet new possible friends? I know we have several ladies on this site from the Denver area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmZee View Post
Bobble - My sister lives in Denver. It really can be a big city. I'm sorry you're feeling homesick. Wave hi to the mountains for me, will ya?

I went on my home scale this morning and it said 215!!! Seriously!!! So, there's 5 pounds of baloney GONE! I've been doing really well thanks to you guys. Need to workout somehow, somewhere today.
And throw a rock at that stadium for us Raider fans...why does it look like it is falling down when you drive by anyway?

Quote:
I ate Wendy's today. Damn, damn, damn.
Wendy is not a friend of mine We used to be inseparable though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post
I found out my test results and apparently I STILL have severe mono and was told once again to "take it easy". It's good to know that there are no OTHER underlying issues like I was starting to be concerned about. But frustrating too since this will not go away. I guess just keep doing what I am doing and taking walks when I do feel up to it. I am down another pound to 204.5. Not where I wanted to be by now but it's still progress and I'll take any I can get right now. :-)

have a great afternoon!
Times up! Time to get better kiddo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
My friend and I did 3 miles tonight. She is running more as we are training for her first 5K. It is exciting to see her push herself and do so well. Since TOM arrived I went down alittle today. 191. I really want to get into the 180's solidly.

Gary- Spent about 2 hours outside tonight. Got some stuff done. Bring on summer vacation. Have you put up the new 5k yet?

Which one Mindy...the Mindy 5K
Old 05-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #239  
Doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post
Jeannette-shake it off!!

have a great afternoon!
I'm trying to shake it off. *sigh*

I'm really sorry about the mono. Just take care of yourself. The rest can wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
I exercised again today YAY ME!!! I met up with my new walking partner and we were gonna walk 2 miles, but ended up 4 1/2. And for dinner, I had lasagna Alfredo, with sausage, chicken, a jar and 1/2 Alfredo sauce, 4 kinds of cheese I did only have 1 serving, I really wanted 2. Um, I am also going to have cake and ice cream later....lol
But you worked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
That's awesome!!! I'm all by myself when it comes to working out. When I get really good I'm going to ask my best bud;s brother and dad to run with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
MANDY ~Angie thins out our alfredo (store bought) with chicken broth...about 1/3 to 2/3....saves on calories and I don't notice a difference.
I just made chicken alfredo for the 1st time last week...heavy cream, parm, lemon...omg. I don't even want to think about calories!

OKAY. I ran for a minute at 6.1 and OW. OWWW. But it also felt really good. My once super tight pants are getting looser but I don't see a difference and neither does anyone else so I'm guessing it's just because I wear them so much. I took yesterday off so it was my run/walk day. I ran about 5 or 6 mins in spurts...highest 6.1 and lowest 4.7. After doing the 6.1 and then switching for a few seconds to 4.7...I know I have to go faster than 4.7, so after I hit my 15 minutes in a row mark, I am going to start all over again and begin at 4.9. every time I hit 15 mins in a row, I'll up it by .2...I hope that builds my endurance and makes me lose weight...

I feel like a fraud. I'm buying running stuff, and reading RW and getting book recommendations... and I'm this blob. Sure, we all have to start somewhere but I can't help but feeling a bit like a fake losery person. Ugh. And I was changing into my running stuff and I looked in a mirror (which I never do) and I looked like a fat old lady. Who am I? Who was that in the mirror? This is why I never look in the mirror unless I"m brushing my teeth or putting on makeup. And even them I let my eyes blur over a bit.

Blah blah. WHERE ARE MY ENDORPHINS!?!?!?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #240  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
I just made chicken alfredo for the 1st time last week...heavy cream, parm, lemon...omg. I don't even want to think about calories!

I'm coming for dinner (but better yet go check out the new recipe with quinoa that I just put in Vegetarian Chicks)

I feel like a fraud. I'm buying running stuff, and reading RW and getting book recommendations... and I'm this blob. Sure, we all have to start somewhere but I can't help but feeling a bit like a fake losery person. Ugh. And I was changing into my running stuff and I looked in a mirror (which I never do) and I looked like a fat old lady. Who am I? Who was that in the mirror? This is why I never look in the mirror unless I"m brushing my teeth or putting on makeup. And even them I let my eyes blur over a bit.

Blah blah. WHERE ARE MY ENDORPHINS!?!?!?
Oh sweetie You ARE NOT a fake! Keep wearing the running gear...keep doing the exercises...keep making that kiddo of yours proud! Ya know, when I go to the 5K's Angie and I do...I know it's weired...but I actually "feel" healthier around healthy people. It makes me more motivated...keep doing what you are doing...hang out in places where people are healthy....IT ISN'T FAKE!!!! It is the REAL YOU...becoming the person God intends for you to be!! It isn't going to happen overnight...but I swear IT WILL HAPPEN!!! And WE...OUR TEAM...ME...will not leave you!!! WHO ARE YOU?...Well my dear kiddo...YOU ARE "SUPER J!"
Closed Thread