Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:16 AM   #211  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

She did ~ doctor told her today everything looks fine. He thinks it was the acid reflux issue on her chest and wants her to continue what she is taking for 4 more weeks and re-check.

Thanks for asking! Good-nite all
Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I EXCERCISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im not sure how long has been since I have done so. last night I met up with a couple girls from church we walk 3.5 miles, go up an down the stairs 12 times, and did 30 pushes.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Gary-Great to know that about Angie!! I understand about being off and having time to make things you don't normally make.

Willow-WTG

Yesterday I made brownies to clear out the things in my pantry. Today I'm making meatloaf and mashed potatoes again to use up things in my pantry. We're on a strict budget right now so we'll be eating from the pantry quite a bit and that will be a challenge to try to do it as healthy as possible but a learning experience about what I need to have on hand in my pantry. I do have to go back to work tomorrow. We found out yesterday that the health department has cleared us to go back tomorrow two days early. Some co-workers of mine have gone out of state and some even went out of the country for a vacation so needless to say some people aren't happy about their "vacation" being cut short. My teacher I work under is one of the ones out of state visiting family and will not be back in time so I will be on my own tomorrow with the kids. Oh well.. three days of paid vacation that we weren't supposed to get and we don't have to make up was still nice!

Have a great Wednesday!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #214  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Another day, another work out.

I have to run and walk tonight. I figured out a new routine...

Day 1: run as long as I can
Day 2: walk or do elliptical
Day 3: run in short spurts as fast as I can and walk
Day 4: rest

Start all over!

I think this will keep my body tricked for now!

OOh, gotta go, cutey plant waterer!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 225/215/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
WOOT WOOT JEANETTE! That's awesome! I'm going to be coming to you for tips and inspiration when I take up running later this summer.

And I am happy to report my fasting blood sugar (FBS) this morning rang in at 86. Normal range is 70-100. SO. I am not even prediabetic. I have been letting that fear hang over me for probably two years (last time I was tested was three yrs ago).

I'm going to do a few more checks, and continue figuring out what imbalance I'm dealing with - but whew! Faced that fear!
Congratulations for facing your fear and WINNING!!! I am so impressed!!! YAY!!!

Mari
Old 05-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 225/215/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
I ran ELEVEN minutes! I was aiming for ten, but I made it to 11!!!!!

I could NOT do this without you all. If you guys weren't here I simply wouldn't care enough to attempt it!

THANK YOU!
WOW!!! Outdid yourself!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #217  
Doing it.

I did, Em! It's crazy!
Old 05-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

I just had way too much fun dancing around to country music w/ 5 lb weights. Thank goodness no one could see me!! But I think it was a great workout. =)

BF is getting in tonight... I have to find meal options that are healthy for me and still appetizing for him. Always the struggle - I tend to not eat very well when he's around. Any suggestions for man-friendly but healthy food? Preferable things I can "disguise" as healthy!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #219  

Iris, Willow just posted a link on another thread in this section about healthy eating, I quickly looked at it and there is some great looking stuff on there.
Maybe you can get some ideas there.

So my niece had a baby girl 2 hours ago!
I became a great-aunt for the second time. I'll give more details when I get them
Old 05-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #220  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
I EXCERCISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im not sure how long has been since I have done so. last night I met up with a couple girls from church we walk 3.5 miles, go up an down the stairs 12 times, and did 30 pushes.
Awesome MANDY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post
Gary-Great to know that about Angie!! I understand about being off and having time to make things you don't normally make.
Oh Brat I can find time to put cheese in anything! I'm coming for the meatloaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
I did, Em! It's crazy!
Great job SUPER J

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
I just had way too much fun dancing around to country music w/ 5 lb weights. Thank goodness no one could see me!! But I think it was a great workout. =)
Nothing like some good country music to burn calories to! I walked 3 miles with George Strait yesterday...on the i-pod Hey kiddo....Angie just "weaned" me off the crap I ate and snuck chicken-rice and veggies in as much as she could until I got used to it ...oh that and "promises" on date night

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post

So my niece had a baby girl 2 hours ago!
I became a great-aunt for the second time.
Cool I am a great uncle!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #221  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
And I am happy to report my fasting blood sugar (FBS) this morning rang in at 86. Normal range is 70-100. SO. I am not even prediabetic. I have been letting that fear hang over me for probably two years (last time I was tested was three yrs ago).

I'm going to do a few more checks, and continue figuring out what imbalance I'm dealing with - but whew! Faced that fear!
AWESOME! Bobblefrog! Did you ever figure out how to do the quotes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
J- Good job on the running. I have my friend running with me these days. She is just begining. Once she is done I try to a mile on my own. 2 days in a row now, I have done it in 12 min.
Great job Mindy!

Hi EMZEE
Old 05-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #222  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Default Happy Wednesday!

EZ....
Quote:
AWESOME! Bobblefrog! Did you ever figure out how to do the quotes?
Not with the button below each post (it looks like the middle one is for multiple quotes)? But I'll stop being lazy and at least do something like it manually. It really is much easier to read. I'm glad Angie is doing well and check up dismissed any worries...

EMZEE...
Quote:
Congratulations for facing your fear and WINNING!!! I am so impressed!!! YAY!!!
Thank you, thank you very much...now I have a friend urging me to go get my bloodwork done for thyroid issues, but I think I'm going to just watch things for awhile. I feel healthy as a clam.

Are clams healthy? I hope so as we are having spaghetti with clam sauce for dindins.....

JEANETTE...
Quote:
I figured out a new routine...

Day 1: run as long as I can
Day 2: walk or do elliptical
Day 3: run in short spurts as fast as I can and walk
Day 4: rest
Now that sounds interesting - is that for mental or physical "tricking"? I mean are you tricking your metabolism or keeping your mind interested?

WILLOW...
Quote:
WOOT WOOT!! That's great! 30 pushups...I am in awe!

MTIGER
Quote:
I have my friend running with me these days. She is just begining. Once she is done I try to a mile on my own. 2 days in a row now, I have done it in 12 min.
Hey awesome! That's great - I'll be going to you for advice, too.

Like what shoes do you all like for running? When I get rid of ugly trail sandals (which are useless on trails unless it's in a shopping mall)...my BF suggests New Balance.

So far so good on the commitment to workout in the exercise room three times a week. It's really hard because I feel awkward, I have stupid shoes, and exercising has always been...um...challenging...yeah, that's it. Trying not to use words like HATE. :-)! But I figure the only way I'll stop feeling awkward is to learn to use the machines. And I just have to get over my stupid orthepedic hobbit sandals. When I can afford good shoes I'll get some!

I can only do the stairstepper for three minutes - but my little new mini (really mini) accomplishment was to stop to rest for 5 seconds ONLY ONCE. And I made it 2 and 20 before I had to. EGADS it's a monster. My heart gets beating fast and I'm sure that's wrong and I'm going to explode or something ;-) You can tell I have NEVER exercised - LOL! I'm such a whimp.

What other news - ah, my mom had to go to doctor today to get a prescription renewed. It's been two years and while she's maintained, apparently she was about 20 lbs heavier than she thought. It was a shocker for her. I've been trying to get her motivated to join me in dieting the last month - I think the number really scared her. She's heavier than me (only by a little) - weighs 199 - but she carries it better as she's an inch and a half taller. SO! I am very happy!

Last edited by bobblefrog; 05-06-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #223  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

DANGER ZONE

OK, time to get real accountable

This morning I weighed in at 183...that is 3 days in a row at that weight I looked through my journal and saw that I weighed 183 twice in the last 40 days...prior to that the last time I weighed 183, or heavier, more than 1 day in a row was September 10-13, 2007! Since that time I had never reached 183, except for this March 28 and April 25....until the last 3 days

Looking back through the journal it looks like I pretty much maintained in the low to mid 170's until November of this year. That seems to be when I started increasing a little bit at a time and never going back down long enough to make a difference.

I really don't have a good excuse

I know the problems

Now that I lost the weight I wanted I can have ~

Beer now and then...for me even a couple a night ~ Not the 4-5 I have been having

Pizza every now and then ~ But not eat a large all by myself (even if now it is for dinner and lunch)

The turkey sandwiches for lunch ~ Turned into salami and cheese

Snacks of rice crackers and olives ~ Turned into chips...too many times

Oatmeal or turkey bacon and whole wheat muffin ~ Turned into nachos with extra cheese

Angie and I split our restaurant meals, sharing one or each bringing 1/2 home for lunch ~ We continue to do that, however, I find myself ordering a bit larger meals....the 3 combo Mexican plate instead of 2 choices....when we are not sharing with each other

I still get my miles in almost every day ~ However, I am not doing the extra mile or two, on the treadmill. after walking the dogs

I think you get the point.....

So, as the 2nd anniversary of "Journey Of Better Choices" gets closer...July 23rd....I promise myself to get back on track!

I know I can do this because we have the best TEAM out there!

So today after I weighed in I grabbed the dogs and went for our usual 3 miles...then added a 1/2 mile for good luck then jumped on the treadmill when I got home for another 1.5 miles ...man was it ever dusty

Breakfast was...ok...it was leftover macaroni and cheese ....gotta get rid of that stuff!

I am a work in progress!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #224  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

BOBBLEFROG you can just click on the middle one (the page) it will turn red....then go to another person's and click on the same thing...when you have all the ones you want then click on "quote" and they will all turn up. Then you can go through and erase the parts of each one you don't want...leaving the quote in the brackets at both ends.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #225  
Doing it.

Thanks EZ!

Bobble, I think it will work for both. I hope. In theory.
Closed Thread