Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

my fiance once admitted to me that he felt threatened by the idea of not being able to keep up with me as I lost weight and improved myself.

Could it be possible that he also feels this way, and is trying to sabotage (maybe not purposely) your weight loss so that he doesn't have to feel bad about himself in comparison? I know he's not overweight, but sometimes it's harder when you feel inadequate in other parts of your life, parts that are harder to change than just losing weight (not that it's easy to lose weight!)

It's just a thought. Is he the kind of person you can talk to about this?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #17  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I actually didn't tell anyone but 3fc that I was entering into a lifestyle change. I just started to ask if people would avoid bringing junk food into the house etc. He just saw me sticking to it over time. He is generally always supportive. But I don't appreciate a push. So he doesn't tell me to exercise or not eat something. Its not his call, (I have been clear about that in the past) and he doesn't say anything but good, loving stuff.
Good luck with him. I'm glad things have improved.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 218/209/160

Height: 5'6''

my husband likes when i'm fat. he had admitted this to me. when i'm thin he says i act differently and he doesnt like the attention i get. we talked about it though.
Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #19  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie View Post
my husband likes when i'm fat. he had admitted this to me. when i'm thin he says i act differently and he doesnt like the attention i get. we talked about it though.

I find it odd though that at the beginning of this tread you were upset that he was telling you that you couldn't do it, and now you are saying he doesn't want you to do it. Which is it?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/160

good for you! You deserve the best of you! And do it for you! Keep up the good work!
waiting2exhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
I find it odd though that at the beginning of this tread you were upset that he was telling you that you couldn't do it, and now you are saying he doesn't want you to do it. Which is it?
I think both, sounds like to me he is trying to discourage her and sabotage her to keep her from doing it. Nothing odd about her posts to me.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

It sounds like he is insecure about himself in regards to your relationship. It sounds like he thinks you might leave him for someone else if you lose weight. He should be showing you off, not worrying about the attention you receive. IF it becomes too much of a problem later on, you may want to think about couples counseling.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:14 PM   #23  

Quote:
he's not supportive in my weight loss BECAUSE he doesn't want me to lose weight. get it?
Old 01-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #24  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Quote:
he's not supportive in my weight loss BECAUSE he doesn't want me to lose weight. get it?
Okay, now I get it. Guys can be strange creatures sometimes. I guess I should give men more credit than I do in the drama department...LOL My husband would walk 10 miles to avoid confrontation so I'm not used to that sort of thing. Though I do have a friend who's husband has threaten to leave her if she gained more than "pregnancy weight". It has kept her motivated to stay slim though...whatever works I guess. I know it's none of my business, but were you heavy or thin when you met?

Last edited by Lori Bell; 01-17-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:51 PM   #25  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Awesome job! Prove him wrong!!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #26  

Quote:
I know it's none of my business, but were you heavy or thin when you met?
I was my normal weight (140) but I was 16 back then so..
Old 01-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #27  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
OH YEAH things have been alot better. Its week 2 and I am going strong. I even went to Mc donalds for my family and didn't order or eat one thing from there. came home and popped in a lean cuisine. (220 calories) WOO HOO
wow, that's amazing barbie, I'm so proud of you. I don't know if I could do that. Thank god I don't have to go to Mc Donalds with the fam to find out.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:31 AM   #28  

Aww thanks Ace! that makes me feel good. I'm proud of myself too. especially when I could resist food or drinks that I love. And go for something else instead. So far all of my main meals have been 270-not-more-than320 calories. But I'm drinking green tea nonestop. So thats helping that hungry feeling I had. Just thought I'd share that.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #29  

I'm thinking his actions stem from insecurity, too. And many guys are supremely awful at identifying and sharing their feelings. It's good that us women have message boards to figure it out for them!

I suggest you talk, talk, talk. If he acts up again in three months, talk talk talk again. Some guys will adapt and come around, and sometimes they just can't handle having their woman make a change for the better.

Regardless, I'm glad you're continuing your efforts and not getting disheartened by his few icky comments. Rock on!
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #30  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Aww thanks Ace! that makes me feel good. I'm proud of myself too. especially when I could resist food or drinks that I love. And go for something else instead. So far all of my main meals have been 270-not-more-than320 calories. But I'm drinking green tea nonestop. So thats helping that hungry feeling I had. Just thought I'd share that.
I've been drinking a lot of chai tea, I think I'm going to invest in a box of green tea also! mmm
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote