Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 07:54 PM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys.... I am only here for a minute.
I am hiding from hubby. He has the baby and my daughter has the 20 month old. I sure love these little angels but I am counting the minutes till bed time. Having babies is better left to the YOUNG. LOL
Michelle... I paid my dues years ago with diapers,etc.
As you know....I had home day cares and worked in childcare most of my life. I loved it then... but don't miss it one bit now. LOL
I was also much younger and thinner too. Hopefully when I lose 100+ pounds this will be more fun than work.

I wish I had time to reply to everyone. I know if DH knew I was on this computer he would kill me. LOL
I need to go straighten up the house AGAIN. LOL
I have one phrase to share with all of you from my 20month old....
"What's that?"
I have been asked that question 100,000,000,001 times today.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:01 PM   #17  
You and Me in 2003

Hello Hello all
I am here finally
Dh and I went into the city today and had lunch.
I had a ceaser salad I ate half
small steak
smashed potatoes
grilled veggies
water
Dh and I shared a dessert it was wonderful

I may not eat dinner or just a salad
well I better go see all later
Old 05-04-2002, 11:13 PM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi guys! Just a quickie! Ok, get your minds out of the dang gutter! I had a theatre job today. DH and I saw Spiderman. It was ok. Not my favorite. The guys seemed to enjoy it.

Food was good. I took my own popcorn and water. Had chicken strips from KFC tonight for dinner. Popcorn was breakfast/lunch so the KFC was all OP. I'm about to sit down to a bowl of HC ice cream, plenty of points left.

You all have a good night. Love to all.

"Nobody has measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold." - Zelda Fitzgerald
Old 05-05-2002, 01:02 AM   #19  

Hi everyone,

How was your Saturday? It was drippy and rainy here. I loved it. My brother playing the schizo again. So I went shopping a spent more money than I should and ate more than I should. Crappers.

Change of subject from nowhereland.

Spiderman is a designated DH movie, eh? I'll give it a whirl when the whoopla dies down. I can't wait for Star Wars. This movie is supposed to have more romance. Not to mention Samuel L Jackson waving his light saber. I'm watching SNL on comedy central. Tom Hanks is a cheerleader angel giving advice to those two cheerleaders (sheri oteri and wil ferrell). Hilarious.

Do any of you do scrapbooking or rubber stamping? I bought a few from walmart and am looking for a good how to website. Do you know of any good craft websites? I want to do a collage card for my nephew's graduation and mother's day card too.

Oh, oh, my computer just popped an illegal operation window. I have to post this before all is lost.

See you later,
Malia
Old 05-05-2002, 01:14 AM   #20  

Malia

http://www.embossingarts.com/

http://www.kimstamps.com/

http://www.stampinwithkathy.homestea...echniques.html

http://www.stampersmall.com/

There are tons of places on the internet....
Old 05-05-2002, 03:32 AM   #21  

thanks Lucky. I didn't have much luck with typing in rubber stamps. those sites have lots of ideas. I like Carol Duvall on H&G. She went to a craft convention and I missed it today.

Theresa, rummage sale hunt sounded fun. Did you get anything interesting? I love to go to those, but they're very rare here. My oldest brother (normal one) loves old cars. He plans to retire next year and build a summer home in Oregon. And travel, explore, flea markets the whole bit. Lucky man.

Gosh, the crickets are loud tonight. We're still in for more rain. Maybe the bugs know something I don't. Like the rain is gone?

Goodnight,
Malia
Old 05-05-2002, 09:32 AM   #22  
I'm on my way!

Good morning everyone! Rise and shine on this beautiful day!

Andrew and I are ready to go out the door to a few yard sales! Not that we need anything...except some outside toy stuff for the yard. I bought him one of those little tykes plastic slides that you crawl through the hole to the platform and then slide down. He likes to walk around the platform..its not all that high up...it was walls around it. Its cute...it was at the 2nd hand shop for $40 I looked in toys r us first and it was $90 brandy new but heck..its gonna get beat outside and this one was in really good condition. I want to get a swing set for him next. The one I want is over $300 but he would only use it for a couple of years then we would need to graduate but...I guess it would be more economical to get the regular set now!

Wow did I babble or what?

Malia...I use to do crafts all the time before I moved to PA. And now with Andrew its next to impossible! I did the rubber stamp thing too.

Thin...I want your job!!

Mary your dinner sounds great. John was going to take me out for my birthday yesterday but he didn't get home from work till after 9 pm. I was in bed!

2Cute...I try to hide too but it doesn't work too often. Andrew always finds me! I tried to nap on the couch a couple of times yesterday while he was playing but as soon as I fell asleep he would be right there in my face and trying to climb up on me. I must start snoring when I fall asleep because I could lay there for hours and he would just play...as soon as I sleep...there he is...it must attract him! LOL

Theresa did you get any good deals at your rummage sales?

Oh Tina...we can't be friends! LOL You are rooting for the Home Depot Car? Oh NO NO NO....thats a conflict of interest here. John works for Lowe's! They are the biggest competition....my son's future is at stake here! You have to give that up!! LOL NOT! I'm only kidding...I don't follow it but I think the Lowe's car stinks don't it? I don't even know who drives it!

Kat I got a good laugh at you and your ONE EYED husband watching the spiderman movie! Poor guy! Heck..POOR YOU! I don't envy the day you had!

Okie dokie you all....I am off to the mall! LOL....well not exactly the mall! LOL Maybe tomorrow!! My mom gave me the ok to use her Lane Bryant card for my birthday PLUS I have a coupon!

Have a great day and be sure I will be back so pleaaaase come out and post today! I wasn't exactly a good girl yesterday, I need help!

Michelle
Old 05-05-2002, 11:07 AM   #23  

Angry Good morning... good morning... good morning.

I too say..."RISE AND SHINE".
It's a beautiful new day for a beautiful new beginning.

We got a phone call last night and my sister-in-law is on her way here and will be here in about an hour. I have to get this house in order and be sure my new bedroom is picture perfect. LOL
I have to do a little showing off today.

I forgot to tell you all that we went out for ice cream last night... and I did NOT eat any. Not even a taste. I did eat one cherry off the top of my daughters sundae... but I needed the fruit.
Have I mentioned how HAPPY I am for not cheating.??
It feelssssss soooooooo goooooooood.

Okay... I better get busy. This sister-in-law is a neat nut so I have my work cut out for me. LOL
One time when she came I hid my dirty dishes inside the oven.
Then I forgot I had hid them there and the next day I preheated my oven to bake a cake and ..... all my plastic melted onto my regular dishes.
Oh the price I pay for being a procrastinator.

Have a WONERFUL day today.
I love you all.
That is why I am here writing you instead of cleaning.
Old 05-05-2002, 11:17 AM   #24  
a work in progress...

Hey all...

What a beautifull morning! I need to get my fanny outside today...I never did yesterday ...unless you count getting in and out of the car umpteen million times...today I am going to be selfish and do exactly what I want to do! That will include having a coffee klatch with you guys...a luxurious shower...a delightful (OP) breakfast...Mass...a trip to the flower market...and the rest of the day with my hands in the dirt! ( knock wood ) Unfortunately, I think I have to work tonight...may have to finagle another day off...I DESERVE IT!

My son is much better this morning...temp down to 99.6, and he's feeling much better...not 100%, but a definite improvement...the wonders of Amoxicillin!

Hubby's at work today...I didn't see him before he left, but he says the eye is better...and that we are DEFINITELY seeing Spidey tonight! I married a big-time movie buff...he HAS to see the latest on opening day...alas, due to circumstances beyond our control, we failed in that mission this time around...sigh I HATE going opening day...it's SO crowded and you're surrounded by lunatics with Harry Potter wizard hats or getting poked by light sabers! and forget Star Trek movies! Yikes!

The prom was wonderful, according to my lassie...and she looked lovely! So grown up and elegant! My baby girl... We went to her friend's house for pictures with the whole gang...many of whom she's been ALL through school with...someone there was holding an infant, and we (the parents) all agreed that it doesn't seem so long ago that these teenagers were that size! All in all, it was a lovely, memorable day for ALL of us!

My eating lately has been so so...I have not gone overboard, but probably haven't been making the best choices...definitely not enough veggies...I did stock up yesterday, so I will be having a terriffic week! I haven't exercised much since Tuesday, too much running around...will get back on track with that this week also!

Mary...good luck with the job prospect! They would be lucky to get you! I would have a hard time in the library getting my job done...I would be reading everything!

Malia...I have a TON of scrapbooking materials and TWO TONS of pictures to work on...now all I need is the time! Have fun!

Lucky...whatcha doing? I miss you!

2cute...WHAT'S THAT??? Have we gotten to WHY? or HOW COME? yet? One of the joys of grand parenting is that they DO eventually go home!

Thin...I think Spiderman is definitely a guy movie , (as opposed to a chick flick!) Seems like the chick flicks are always relegated to video rentals, while the "guy movies" are blockbusters which MUST be viewed on the big screen! (Mars/Venus thing, I guess)

Tina...I will try to catch a race one day, just for you! Is it a weekly thing? Is there a season like baseball? I am clueless about car racing...but I am willing to learn!

Theresa...your post reminded me of the HUGE rummage sale I missed yesterday...I really wanted to go, too! I love picking up odds and ends at them! Did you get some good bargains? Keep smiling at work...you'll show them!

Baylee, I had to laugh out loud at the description of the "offending party"...keep reading...come back when you can!

Michelle...did YOU find any bargains at the yard sales? Best place to buy "kid stuff," they outgrow stuff so quickly, things don't have time to get worn out...come on over to my garage, I've got lots of stuff! I keep swearing I'm going to have a garage sale!

Fluffy...how are you doing?

Did I miss any one? So sorry...my son is calling me to join him for you know who, Malia...SPONGE BOB! Gotta run!

Have a great day all...love ya lots!

Old 05-05-2002, 01:33 PM   #25  

Baylee.. I am soooo sorry that you feel the need to leave but I totally understand. Although this little corner of the world is soooooooo personal and private to us.... it is open to the world.
I also had this same problem. Even though they have the right to read.... it just seems to me that "consideration" and " respect" could solve the whole problem. There are sooooo many boards on the web. Even in 3fatchicks there are hundreds of places they could read and post not invade the privacy of family members.
My daughter posts sometimes... but she "respects my privacy" and found her own little niche in a different site.
I am very fortunate that she is more mature at age 22 some so called grown adults. I will miss you terribly and hope you include me as one of your email buddies. YOU ARE SOOOOO LOVED HERE and will missed terribly.

Kat....my little one has not started "Why?"... yet.
She definitely has her sweet little "pease" (please) down pat. LOL
She knows grandma-pa are suckers for "peaseeee".
She is talking up a storm. She FINALLY is calling me gandma.

Michelle... don't you just love finding those garage sale bargains.
I would be out going right this second if it weren't for my company should be here already.
I would "fake" sleep to get my granddaughter to take a nap with me... and she would pull my eyes open. Then she gives one of those cute little smiles. It is soooo hard not to laugh.

Malia.... I just love when you post. I feel I learn something new everyday... like garage sales are rare in Hawaii. You have crickets too. I am sooo homebound I just love learning about your world. Who was from Canada? And didn't we have someone from Australia too? My memory is soooo bad.
It also makes me sad to think they are not with us anymore.
If you are one of the missing... and are reading this... please please come back and post.

Lucky... I am going to check out your sites. I have tons of scrape book stuff to do all my photos cutezy... but you know how that goes.

Mary.... was "smashed" potatoes a typo... or is that a different form of mashed potatoes.??? Or is it just a cultural thing? I thought it sounded sooo cute.

Thin... I am going to the movies Mon or Tues with my daughter.
You recommend anything? You are our personal movie critic with all of your experience. LOL

Theresa... hang in there. Your evaluation will go great I am sure.

Hey Fluffy.... where are ewe??? LOL

Tina.... are you pouting? LOL.
Did you get mad at us for not coming out to play and go find some other playmates? come out .. come out... YOUR IT !!!!

Hey friends... my family just ran me off the computer.
I have to go... NOW ... apparently.
I think I am in trouble. LOL (sorry for anyone I missed)
Old 05-05-2002, 02:42 PM   #26  

Default I'm Still around

Good Day Lady's

I'm still around and lurking, just find I don't have much to say lately. Been feeling down lately, but things look good and hopefully will be back to normal or better real soon. The dieting has flown the coop and I need to capture it again, and keep it under lock and key. Been really stressed lately, my DF always say's money doesn't mean every thing and that we just get spoiled when we have to much. Well I'd rather have to much than not enough and lately it's been not enough, been a real struggle, but things are looking up.

He finished school last week and start's his new job tomorrow, at a Oilfield Servicing Company, doing welding, I'm really pleased he got this job, execellent benifits, incentive program, will pay for his next year's schooling. He's only got his first year's apprenticeship and has 3 more years until he get's his journey man ticket. So until then the money will be the poop's, but it's better than trying to live on my income alone, which isn't working.
I'm making more than him, I think that's the first time that's ever happened. But they said they'll give him a couple of weeks and if meets there standards and does good they will give him a raise right away. So that's good, and he'll be getting lots of over time.

So hopefully, this will be a brand new start for us and I can try to start taking care of myself again and not worry about everything else that's been going on.

Baylee I think it's just awfull that you can't have a private life without some snoopy relative being involved, don't they have anything better to do. What gives them the right to invade on your personal issue's, and make you feel like you can't come back and post and enjoy the company of the girls here. Do they feel threated by the encouragement and motivation that you receive here. Maybe they should join a group of there own. Just my opion.

I also love yard sales, found half of my kitchen gadgets and tupperware at garage sales. And before my son was born found most of his baby clothes and high chair, car seat etc, at garage sales.

Does eveybody else have spring, I don't think Alberta's going to get it this year, were still waking up to minus degree weather, and very windy lately, don't like to walk in the wind.

Well I should go, I'm always lurking so I'll post in again
Old 05-05-2002, 03:29 PM   #27  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! Hope you are all having a great day. I figured I would come here first before trying to get anything done around the house.

I got one of my windows painted. Did I tell you I was painting windows? (Anyway, quick catch up, I have two long, skinny windows on either side of my front door. I am glass painting flowers and vines on them so they will look like stained glass.) Ok, anyway, I have one done and need to get going on the other one. I want to have them in place by next Sunday. We're all going out for Mother's Day dinner, but back to our house afterward because it's my honey's birthday. So I want the windows in place when his family comes over.

I've also got laundry to do and I want to get to the fruit market, I'm out of apples and oranges.

Michelle: I guess somehow I missed it yesterday so Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Michelle! Happy Birthday to you! And many more..... * You can have my job too, it's easy, fun and extra money! * Jimmy Johnson drives for Lowe's. He's a rookie.

2cute: Melted plastic in the oven? Been there, done that!! Remember, Sweetie, they're coming to see you....not your house!!! * Hmmmm.....movies. Ya know, I haven't been in awhile, but I picked up a new company and I should be working movies any weekend I want now through September * fingers crossed* I hear the new one, what's it called??? Unfaithful, I think has some "eye candy" men in it. Or I heard that My Big Fat Greek Wedding is supposed to be hysterical, if you want funny. Sorry, but haven't seen either. We saw Time Machine last weekend. It was pretty good, until the monsters came! * Congratulations on your ice cream victory! Hurray for you!

I'm doing this in two posts because they don't like me today.

Last edited by thinthinker; 05-05-2002 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2002, 03:30 PM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Part 2

Katrina: So sorry your son has been under the weather. Strep Throat is NO fun, at all. I'm sure the prom was just lovely. It's really nice that your daughter went with long time friends, that will make it even more memorable. My oldest didn't go to a prom and my youngest did only because I hounded him and found a girl he knew, who had a friend. He wouldn't even bring her by the house. He went elsewhere for pictures and took his camera, but that was it.

Mary: Sounds like a real job is in your future! Good luck!

Tina: So much for the Saturday race! Into this life a little rain must fall. Bet I know where you are today though!

Theresa: Hope you got some time to enjoy that nice weather yesterday. * I'm sure that evaluation is coming, it's good that you have the right attitude in your head again.

Malia: Boy, you are a crafty person with scrapbooking, rubber stamping AND ribbon embroidery!!!

LuckyLadyBug: You must be crafty too to have all those websites at your fingertips.

Baylee: I'm so sorry that your niece is being so %itchy! It's too bad that nothing is sacred anymore and you can't have your little bit personal space. You will be sorely missed. [[[hugs]]]

Duckie: You were posting when I PMd you. 2cute had just mentioned our MIA's and I went to look you up and found you were on-line. Glad to see you. * It's good that you honey is finished with school. I'm sure the job will help the finances a bit. You just need to de-stress a little and the food thing will get back in line for you. Hang in there, it'll come. [[[hugs]]]

Lynne, from Australia, I hope one day you will come back and at least say 'hello'. We would still love to see your wedding pics.

Jen: Honey, where are you??? Isn't honey due home sometime this month??? Hope you'll come back soon too.

Susie: Hope the job is slowing down enough that you can get in here once in awhile.

Syn: Your friends are still here for you.

I think I caught up with everyone. Love to all of you. Have a good Sunday! Oops, almost forgot....a recipe. This is from the September-October Weight Watchers magazine (guess I should read a little more often and catch up on the old magazines, eh?)

Turkey Rolls Cordon Bleu

Notes: Breaded cutlet dishes are an all-time favorite, but the traditional preparation of coating in flour, egg and crumbs is high in calories, messy and labor intensive. We simplify the breading process by brushing the cutlets lightly with reduced-calorie mayonnaise, then dipping in crumbs (try it with chicken and fish as well). If you like your cutlets a bit on the spicy side, brush them with mustard instead of mayonnaise or a comvination of the two.

Makes 4 Servings. Prep Time: 15 minutes

1/4 pound turkey cutlets
4 (1oz) slices reduced-sodium ham
2 (1oz) slices reduced-fat Sweiss cheese, halved
3 Tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon reduced-calorie mayonnaise
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon butter

1. Top each cutlet with a slice of ham and then a slice of cheese. Roll up jelly-roll fashion and secure with toothpickes.
2. Spread the bread crumbs on a plate or a sheet of wax paper. Brush the turkey rolls with mayonnaise; dip in the crumbs, pressing down to coat.
3. Spray a nonstick skillet with non-stick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the turkey rolls and saute until browned all over, about 5 minutes. Add the wine, broth, and butter; bring just to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer until the turkey is cooked through and the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes longer.

Per serving: 234 Cal, 6g. Fat, 3g. Sat. Fat, 95mg Chol, 434mg Sod, 5g Carb, 0g Fib, 37g Prot, 125mg Calc. Points: 5

Well, there ya go. You all have a great Sunday. See ya later.

"Women have to summon up courage to fulfill dormant dreams." - Alice Walker

Last edited by thinthinker; 05-05-2002 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-05-2002, 03:55 PM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all I got up today with vertigo dizzy as a bat but I'm better now.
2Cute: smashed is mashed potatoes thats what they called them on the menu the left the peels on and added garlic they were great.

The job will just be 3 half days from 12:30- 4:30 but I can still sub at the other library if I get it. I probably won't though.

I am doing Mexican chicken for dinner with Mexican rice. I tried backing some corn tortillas today for home made tortilla chips sprinkled them with Emirals southwest seasoning the guys loved them. So I'll keep doing them.

well I better get off here be back later
Old 05-05-2002, 04:30 PM   #30  

Thanks Thin Thinker for the pm, it's always nice to know that you've been missed, I'm sure if you pm any of the other girls they'll be thrilled as well, I'll try to keep more in contact, If only I had a computer at home, you'd get sick of me. DF can have the TV and I'd have the computer, that would'nt be to good the DS might get neglected.
Closed Thread